criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Mark Hamill disappointed in new Luke's image, hurt after watching the premiere with Rian

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited December 2017
Not only was he at odds with Rian and angry at how he portrayed Luke, after watching the premiere of TLJ his face revealed he might have not known of Lukes final fate until the very end of the movie. Hurt and devastated to say the least.

Actual expression on Mark Hamill's face:

Replies

• Man, that look Mark gives him at the end of the second video. Seeing Mark's reaction doesn't do much to improve my opinion of the movie.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I agree with Mark I think they botched the character of Luke Skywalker and didnt think much of the movie over all really.
  • Luke was fearless and unrelenting in ESB and RofJ. Later he became a broken runaway coward who doubted and nearly killed his student. Disney just wanted to get rid of him and focus on the new crew lol.
  • I'd heard about the 56% user score on RT. And at first I honestly did think a review bomb got in. But then I saw it and... wow. Disney. This was strike three. Rogue One. Battlefront 2's Launch. And now The Last Jedi. If they can fix this game before the Han Solo movie comes out, I may go and see it. And if it's good, I'll see Episode 9. If not? Hell, I passed on Thor 3 even after it got rave reviews. I think I can pass on misguided schlock easily if it turns out to be less than the quality I've come to expect of you.

Rant aside. I feel for Mark. Even if I don't agree with his political views, I just feel like he got shafted. Luke Skywalker is such an iconic character. And this is how it ended?
  • sprManji
    66 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I'd heard about the 56% user score on RT. And at first I honestly did think a review bomb got in. But then I saw it and... wow. Disney. This was strike three. Rogue One. Battlefront 2's Launch. And now The Last Jedi. If they can fix this game before the Han Solo movie comes out, I may go and see it. And if it's good, I'll see Episode 9. If not? ****, I passed on Thor 3 even after it got rave reviews. I think I can pass on misguided schlock easily if it turns out to be less than the quality I've come to expect of you.

Rant aside. I feel for Mark. Even if I don't agree with his political views, I just feel like he got shafted. Luke Skywalker is such an iconic character. And this is how it ended?

Rotten tomatoes claims user score is accurate.
    https://screenrant.com/rotten-tomatoes-last-jedi-user-score/

“We have several teams of security, network, and social database experts who constantly monitor reviews and ratings to ensure that they are genuine. They haven’t seen anything unusual with The Last Jedi, except that there has been an uptick in the number of written user reviews submitted. Aside from that, everything is normal and we don’t see any unusual activity. We looked at The Last Jedi compared to other blockbusters and it has been consistent with those past films.”
    - Dana Benson, Vice President of Communications at Rotten Tomatoes‘ parent company Fandango
    "This is the way of our Order. An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal."
    ―Darth Zannah, Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Wanna know something ironic? Luke Skywalker is Rian Johnson's favorite SW character.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • That's ironic and also very twisted lol
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This must have happened before right? I mean what is the Jedi SOP if they believe one of their students or younglings is going to the dark side? Slaughter in sleep would be the first decision point, if that isn't possible than cut off their arms and legs and leave to die. If they survive then they deserve to be Sith Lord (a la anakin)
  • Scary how Luke almost pulled a Palpatine, he killed Plagueis in his sleep, and Luke almost killed Ben in his sleep.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Meatbags wrote: »
    Scary how Luke almost pulled a Palpatine, he killed Plagueis in his sleep, and Luke almost killed Ben in his sleep.

Lol. Luke may be the sith Lord they are looking for.