criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Star Wars Battlefront 2015 dead??

Prev1
SuperTrooper90
1 posts Member
edited December 2017
I've been trying to play battlefront 2015 recently and I'm having a lot of trouble finding games. I can never find players for DLC levels (Scarif, Death Star in particular) and I can only find games for the 40 player modes like walker assault. However, I always end up playing the same maps each time. Anyone else notice this too?

Replies

• I think you're in the wring section of the forum buddy. This is for Battlefront 2, which I assume a majority of players have moved on to. I'm sad to hear the Death Star has almost no players, that was my favorite DLC of that game :cry:
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I think you're in the wring section of the forum buddy. This is for Battlefront 2, which I assume a majority of players have moved on to. I'm sad to hear the Death Star has almost no players, that was my favorite DLC of that game :cry:

this section is actually for bf2015, it is labeled
  • CritiChoco wrote: »
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I think you're in the wring section of the forum buddy. This is for Battlefront 2, which I assume a majority of players have moved on to. I'm sad to hear the Death Star has almost no players, that was my favorite DLC of that game :cry:

this section is actually for bf2015, it is labeled

Really? It just shows General Discussion for me. My bad guys!
  • Yes, this is for BF1. I never have difficulty finding DLC games on PS4. Plenty of players.
  • I have no problems finding BF1 games on Xbox.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    On PS4 it’s always had plenty of players online. Always have full matches.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Appl3corps
    157 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I couldn't get into scarif earlier today. I am on x1
  • Oh I forgot to specify, I've been playing BF1 on PC and the player base always seems to be super small.
  • Every time I get on Im in a map under 2 mins Xbox one.
  • EA should just make the season pass free now. Might play it a few more times if it happens.
  • nope. ps4 is packed
  • Nope , just finished 8 hours of play on Bespin.
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Shouldn't there be an offline mode for the season pass maps.
    It's unusable and ea still continue to sell it

• Oh I forgot to specify, I've been playing BF1 on PC and the player base always seems to be super small.

I'm on PC as well, and haven't been able to find a DLC game since early December 2017. (Though I can generally find games in the smaller modes like Cargo or Drop Zone).

I'm trying to find a group of new to mid-level PC players that would like to meet online for fun and to help each other improve their skills (and complete some Hutt contracts, if possible). If you're interested, please let me know, and we'll see if we can get a group going.
  • saltydog wrote: »
    Nope , just finished 8 hours of play on Bespin.

He was taking about other players too...
  • I did purchase SWBF2 A while ago but i still stick to SWBF-2015. I play on PS4 and i dont have trouble to find a game. I play mostly HvV. I think im going to move on SWBF2 when all servers are down and nobody plays SWBF2015 anymore. I like it too much..
  • Is it confirmed anywhere that the Battelfront 1 servers will shut down eventually? I wanna play this game for a long while longer if I can.

People were complaining on here that they couldn't get into a BF2015 match on PC two years ago, I doubt it improved much since then
  • Theres alot of activity im on xbox one and maybe its your location
  • I am getting games on Xbox One but Bespin is one map I just never seem to get a game for. That and the Outer Rim are my favourites so hoping Bespin picks up soon.
  • God, I hate this, I just bought the season pass for pc and all I can use is the heroes because there's literally no players for the dlc modes
  • Played recently and can say the base game isn’t dead, but not many people playing the DLC stuff.
  • I am now struggling to get a game on my favorite Scarif DLC, on PS4. Sad times. Found some games on Outer Rim and Bespin though.
  • MikeyFett wrote: »
    I am now struggling to get a game on my favorite Scarif DLC, on PS4. Sad times. Found some games on Outer Rim and Bespin though.

I hope they bring scarif and Bespin to Battlefront 2, I miss them.
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    I gave the 1st game a go on X1 last night.

It was the 1st time I had a full lobby for Bespin fs.

Full lobbies for cargo (all good objective players as well), DS, Bespin & HvV.

I actually played longer than I have the last 3 weeks combined for the new game and had fun.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• PS4 here...still easy to find full lobbies (both for vanilla maps and DLC).
  • The games not dead at all
  • I'd say anything but dead. It actually appears that there has been a surge in number of players lately and many old timers returning (PS4).
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited January 21
    I usually use this site as an indicator. A while back the Battlefront team said it was false, but the guys behind the site have been doing this for Battlefield games year in and year out. I'm willing to believe them.

http://swbstats.com/
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I usually use this site as an indicator. A while back the Battlefront team said it was false, but the guys behind the site have been doing this for Battlefield games year in and year out. I'm willing to believe them.

http://swbstats.com/

If those guys documented how they derive their figures they may be easier to believe. Until then I think swbstats.com is not to be trusted. When asked on P-Stats forum about methodology the response was:

"Fetching data of another service is not as hard as many people think Nowadays with all the technology and all the different programming languages, it is nearly as easy as writing your own name.

We can't share how we do it. The numbers are fetched every 5 minutes from EA servers."

Complete rubbish response. What "technology"? How is "different programming languages" relevant in any way? They can't share how they do it because their method is flawed, doesn't pick up all the traffic and will under-report actual figures.
  • I’d say that the community is liking BF 2015 more than the new game. But yeah, it would be hard to find a game. I haven’t played it since September, even then it was hard to find a game. So in a sense it’s dead it it’s been getting a better reception since the launch of Battlefront II.

• I checked swbstats.com, and it seems like PS4 is about 4,000 Xbox 2,000 and PC 940, so console is not dead really but the pc version is dead.
  • I checked swbstats.com, and it seems like PS4 is about 4,000 Xbox 2,000 and PC 940, so console is not dead really but the pc version is dead.

During the day and on weekends, there are usually around 6000 playing according to BF2015. I find full lobbies for most games. XBox is usually a little less than PS4, but not much. I usually can play most game modes--except Turning Point (which is a shame because I like Turning Point). Late at night it dwindles down to about 1500 or less, and then I mostly stick to WA.
  • ymt190e
    93 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Still alive and kicking....Player base drop and rise depending on the time of the day. When lobbies are less full in DLCs, I stick to Vanila maps, especially WA.
  • Unless it's Walker Assault, it's extremely hard for my son and I to get into any other mode on the Xbox One version. Especially any of the DLC modes. With the PC version, Walker Assault can be very difficult to get into a match for, everything else is impossible.

This is such a shame. Battlefront has so many great game modes and maps that can't be played because EA and DICE didn't mirror all the online multiplayer content in Skirmish. We paid for this, and now we can't play it. Makes me mad as hell, honestly.
    Geronimo!
  • Guys it's not dead, I just played Bespin, Death Star AND Rogue One: Scarif all in one afternoon ON PC. Just check http://swbstats.com/ and play on peak times (~1400 players). Over ONE THOUSAND players is not a "dead game".
  • I played Death Star DLC playlist this afternoon and all matches were full.
  • It’s dead
  • Holding steady. If nothing else, I've seen a slight jump in population. Even had some quality Sabotage matches tonight.
  • TheStalker88
    6051 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Played Bespin and OR yesterday. Met some very tough players in Jabbas Palace on extraction. People are still very much playing this game. Extraction and Sabotage are still very popular
  • I am playing all the time, struggle to get Bespin games in the week. Love 2015 so much more than the new one.
  • Yes I have found this as well. Seems like everyone has switched to the second game now. I'd like to play the first game a bit as well.
  • SVEJ
    932 posts Member
    same here, trying to find games but it's like only 40 people, the same 40 people from 3 days ago, like what is going on, i wanna rank up to level 100, need 7 more to go and its bonus weekend but cant play, always have enemy team do amazing but my team sucks.
  • Actually, SWBF2 is dying because of all the Aimbot hackers
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    same here, trying to find games but it's like only 40 people, the same 40 people from 3 days ago, like what is going on, i wanna rank up to level 100, need 7 more to go and its bonus weekend but cant play, always have enemy team do amazing but my team sucks.

Try to widen the geographical coverage of servers in settings. On PS4, set it to “automatic”, this would enable you to link up with servers from different parts of the world...The same could be done, I presume, on Xbox and PC.
  • Play it while you can. Disney is pulling the plug on EA for all Star Wars Games.
  • TheStalker88
    6051 posts Member
    edited February 25
    Tedious is Battlefront 2. Almost in every way. Progression system is ruined and needs an overhaul. Devs need to remove random loot crates altogether and replace them with a progression system where leveling up, action and repeated moves levels up the cards, not rng lootboxes and grinding. Those who master all the weapons and moves in the game will unlock and upgrade all the cards. Money can be made by selling exclusive cosmetic items. Noone likes gambling for anything, be it free or paid gambling.

Heck if I was a dev I'd even sell cards that remove weapon and card restrictions for classes. That ability alone would make people pay 10 for each of the 4 restriction removing class cards. Maybe also sell some other cards that add flexibility as well without giving any significant edge.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Play it while you can. Disney is pulling the plug on EA for all Star Wars Games.

Where's your source of this info?

Battlefront 2015 is not dead. at least not on the PS4
    PSN: d0kRX
  • google it. Everyone has been talking about this since a month before SWBF2 launched. There has been a lot of talk the last week. It sounds like Disney is picking either Ubisoft or Activision.
  • dlc´s on xb1 dead since dec17