criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Star Wars Battlefront 2015 dead??

2Next

Replies

• Weekends and evenings I never have a problem finding a game (PS4 in U.K.) Granted I only play Walker Assault, but I can always choose the map I want - other times it can be a bit empty and I'm forced to play the dreaded Twilight on Hoth. Long may it continue, I just can't get into BF2017.
  • DLCs most certainly are. For pc that is
  • Bespin was packed last night on ps4.
  • March 2018: Well it’s getting much harder to find certain game modes were others are playing that is for sure. The best thing to do is join a group, then discuss a time to all meet up and play.
    None of this would be an issue though if we had received the DLCs Offline for SWBF 2015 “Skirmish” or atleast some of the game modes Offline with those maps. It’s not like as if I didn’t tell them this would happen.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I cannot find a single other player in bf1 and don't have bf2 so I have been sitting at my PS4 fora day and I still haven't found a single player
  • Danozx19x wrote: »
    I cannot find a single other player in bf1 and don't have bf2 so I have been sitting at my PS4 fora day and I still haven't found a single player

Playing almost everyday on PS4. No problem in finding games both on vanilla maps and DLC. Did you expand the geographical coverage setting?
  • Had a great few rounds in the PS4 Outer Rim DLC last night.

Now, if I could just find people in Skarif...
  • OK - Three more hours on Skarif last night.

Didn't realize him much I missed SWBF15...
  • Havent played Bespin in weeks. Getting really frustrating, I wanna play that map more than any of them. Tried changing regions and different times but still no joy.

Get to play outer rim and the standard maps and that is it.
  • We should try rounding up a posse to play at a certain time - if we can just get a handfull of forum members to commit to a couple of BF15 hours a week, we can keep this going. I'll happily play Bespin if I knew others will be there - I need to get some Hutt Contracts finished off, anyhow...
  • Corndog75
    165 posts Member
    Be good if we could arrange it. I'm on Xbox. Tried again last night, could not get a game on Bespin, Death Star or Scarif all night.
  • I get plenty of games done in the XBOX version, but I noticed that PC version playing is way done to almost none existant, does anyone still play the PC version?
  • Corndog75
    165 posts Member
    Finally got to play a couple of hours on Bespin last night! Almost completed another Hutt Contract now as well. Good times! Missed Bespin alot.
  • SWBF 2015 for PC is as good as dead, it's a shame.
    Only in the vanilla maps and the first DLC Outer Rim are players.
    In the 3 other DLC's are no players (Bespin, Death Star and Rogue One).
    All these maps should at least be playable in a singleplayer mode (my opinion).
    I regret I bought the DLC's.

• Jack_H wrote: »
    Oh I forgot to specify, I've been playing BF1 on PC and the player base always seems to be super small.

I'm on PC as well, and haven't been able to find a DLC game since early December 2017. (Though I can generally find games in the smaller modes like Cargo or Drop Zone).

I'm trying to find a group of new to mid-level PC players that would like to meet online for fun and to help each other improve their skills (and complete some Hutt contracts, if possible). If you're interested, please let me know, and we'll see if we can get a group going.

Hey, have any luck finding a group of PC players? I came to the game late on PC, and I think I've only made it into a DLC match once ever. I can only find Cargo/Drop Zone these days if I'm lucky.
  • We should try rounding up a posse to play at a certain time - if we can just get a handfull of forum members to commit to a couple of BF15 hours a week, we can keep this going. I'll happily play Bespin if I knew others will be there - I need to get some Hutt Contracts finished off, anyhow...

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm currently trying to get into a game can can't do it. There are A LOT of players that want to play this game. If Sony would allow cross platform, I don't think this game would be dead. I am on PlayStation and really want to play Bespin, and the other DLCs. I wish I could start a group that could meet up and play like you said.
  • In general lately, I check into the original before going to Battlefront 2...just in case there's people in some of my favorite maps.

I have no connection problems with SWBF2017, so I have nothing against it, so I treat the two games as separate entities - I'm happy to play either one.

My son wants me to play Fortnite - but I'm not a big fan...
  • I’m reinstalling the game as I type this.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • zombie13
    1 posts Member
    edited October 7
    Playing on X1 (in europe). Not much activity anymore. Sometimes on Walker assault and maybe Cargo.

Trying to finish Surgeon II , but it's impossible since there are no players in Death Star: Battle Station. :(
    Post edited by zombie13 on
  • Chris1
    162 posts Member
    Battlefront 2015 is better than the new one. It just needs a xbox x enhancemnt patch to bump it to 4k!
  • If you are from Europe or nearby and you play on Pc, and of course you have the expansion packs (dlcs) add me.

I'm creating a group of players to play dlc maps from time to time.

My Nick is: jmoyano92

Send me a request to start matches.
  • how do i play scarif, on BF1?

i missed the seasons of deathstar and really keen to get into scarif, but had the game back on my PS4 a day now, and no Joy?

any suggestions? please

very frustrated!!!
  • austinnz wrote: »
    how do i play scarif, on BF1?

i missed the seasons of deathstar and really keen to get into scarif, but had the game back on my PS4 a day now, and no Joy?

any suggestions? please

very frustrated!!!

It's included in the Season Pass, which should be available still (at least on Xbox One) it's located in game on the bottom tab of multiplayer along side the other DLC maps. I'll take a screenshot later, since I don't think I did a good job of describing it.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • no one is every online..... so cannot get in... EA needs to fill with bots... if no one playing
  • no one is ever online.....
    so cannot get in...

EA needs to fill with bots, if no one playing.... otherwise what is point. they said i should change my server settings... not sure about that. once i played death star, that is about it...
  • Jack_H wrote: »
    Oh I forgot to specify, I've been playing BF1 on PC and the player base always seems to be super small.

I'm on PC as well, and haven't been able to find a DLC game since early December 2017. (Though I can generally find games in the smaller modes like Cargo or Drop Zone).

I'm trying to find a group of new to mid-level PC players that would like to meet online for fun and to help each other improve their skills (and complete some Hutt contracts, if possible). If you're interested, please let me know, and we'll see if we can get a group going.

I'll play with you. username: ChaosDrummage2
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    austinnz wrote: »

any suggestions? please

very frustrated!!!

It's included in the Season Pass, which should be available still (at least on Xbox One) it's located in game on the bottom tab of multiplayer along side the other DLC maps. I'll take a screenshot later, since I don't think I did a good job of describing it.

And I forgot the screenshot, sorry about that.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

any suggestions? please

very frustrated!!!

I forgot again, oops.
    #JoinTheBuzz

any suggestions? please

very frustrated!!!

I forgot again, oops.

0qcaljwu7au1.jpg
    And here it is.
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • astrotrain101
    335 posts Member
    edited November 15
    My friend who I played over ten thousand games of Supremacy with never left Battlefront 2015. Supremacy on ps4 is still alive(US server i believe). I drop in from time to time and play a few rounds with my old mate. Full credit to those keeping the game alive
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • I just reloaded it onto my ps4 so I could play droid run again. I got a few full games, but most were only partially full. Droid Run is still my most liked game in SWBF. I wish BF2 would add it into that game's lineup. Although I also miss playing Scariff and the Infiltration games too. Come to think of it, playing BF 2016 again reminded me how much I enjoyed many parts of the game, and I'm kinda feeling like in many ways it was actually better than 2. (Although I wish the guns worked as well as they do in 2... so frustrating lighting an opponent up with a dozen shots and watching their damage stay unchanged, only to be one-shotted by them!)
    But to respond to your original post, it's not totally dead... it just got one more player back.
  • Yes it's dead.
    jexdw69dwod3.png