criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Star Wars Battlefront 2015 dead??

1235Next

Replies

  • Getting lots of time on Bespin lately, about time too, my favourite DLC. Can never get on Scarif though, XBOX one
  • The game is still popular many people including me prefer it over Battlefront 2 for many reasons and the online is still often busy.
  • Recently started playing 2015 again after frustrating bugs and other issues with BF2 — I forgot how much fun this game really is! My only complaint is the fact that the DLC is more expensive than the actual game (I stupidly did not buy the DLC when the game was still popular). I’ve had no trouble finding games, but I feel like more people would play if the DLC was free or at least heavily discounted. The season pass on Xbox is $17, which I’d happily pay if I wasn’t worried EA could shut down the servers at the drop of a hat...
  • Played like 5 games of Online "Cargo" that was a lot of fun recently. Played also Online "Walker Assault", that however was waaaaay hard, it seems only the elitists play now and they run around with bacta and EE-3 and are juggernauts. I had to do the same to survive.
    “There is always hope.”
  • d0kRX
    1562 posts Member
    Yeah I'm not really that good at the big game modes, we'll see if I stick around long enough to play them much.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • The smaller game modes seem to be basically dead which upsets me.
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Cargo is still very doable. I don't mind some modders because I can just whip out the meta of bactaguard ee4 right back at them.

    Ha! I still play Cargo and regularly handout @$$-whoppings. No mods or cheats here ever. PS4, lookig for fun players.
  • d0kRX
    1562 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Cargo is still very doable. I don't mind some modders because I can just whip out the meta of bactaguard ee4 right back at them.

    Ha! I still play Cargo and regularly handout @$$-whoppings. No mods or cheats here ever. PS4, lookig for fun players.

    @SquishyVader you should join the discord server
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1562 posts Member
    The_Gh0st wrote: »
    The smaller game modes seem to be basically dead which upsets me.

    Not really, especially if you join the discord server.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Whether they’re good players or not the standard EE3 has a delay between bursts, and from your point of view you only see exceptionally talented players.
    from my point of view I see a player with a modded controller belonging to a renowned group of similarly experienced “expert” players, and that paplooo76 has faced them before and their team members of SWL.

    It could possibly be a mod and probably is, I see more modded ee4s that anything. That said I’ve also seen super fast ee3 burst from a standard oem controller, it takes a little skill to burst fast and aim and very very few can do it consistently., but there as those sour there.
  • Looking for players on PS4 for Cargo, Droid Run, Blast...

    My PSN is ZekeStarkiller
  • Looking for players on PS4 for Cargo, Droid Run, Blast...

    My PSN is ZekeStarkiller

    you can meet more active players in the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/99FJQzR
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    I believe the video is in the cheaters point of view, your seeing them use a weapon that’s a burst per second weapon turn into an automatic weapon

    there’s an exploit that essentially makes the best Burst weapons an automatic due to a modified controller

    The EE3 isn’t supposed to be auto like that, off-the-shelf modifications exist that allow the player-controller to send firing impulses that make a gun that has a 0.50 seconds of delay between shots have zero delay when firing another burst, essentially turning a burst weapon into an automatic burst weapon.

    The EE3 is exploited for this fact, since a burst counts as a single trigger pull, and to fire again requires you to depress the button, having an auto trigger allows the controller send fire messages as the button is held.

    So normally the EE3/EE4 shooting it requires you to press the button and then release it to fire another, having that modification allows the player to essentially hold down the fire button and have the gun automatically burst due to the auto trigger. Normal EE3/4 have that noticeable delay between bursts, controller modders don’t.

    Due to the guns low recoil and high accuracy this exploit shines the brightest for the EE series of weapons.

    This post deserves to be printed out and framed. If I could I would hang it on the face of every sweaty, tumble-rolling, bacta-dropping, ee3 exploiting trash that every 'played' (ruined) the game for everyone else while acting like they are the best due to pure skill.

    I suspected this effect boosted all the e-letter guns not just the most-exploited ee3 (I even noticed it in e11 sometimes). This explains the suspiciously rapid fire and power of the ee3 which of course all these 'great' over-dominant players just happen to use.

    I always assumed it was down to EA's notoriously rubbish servers, just like FIFA. I played FUT for years and I could never compete in certain tournaments because the opponent was always faster, stronger and my players weaker, never enough time to move and passes went straight to the opposition. It is surely no coincidence that the two most angering, humiliating and unfair games I have ever played are FIFA and SWBF1.

    I observed similar traits in SWBF1 - the sweaty ee3 players seem to move and tumble quicker on top of the boosted firepower.

    I didn't know about modded control pads until reading this forum but that explains constantly getting killed by one blast (two hits) of the ee3 wiping out all of your energy before you have a chance to even more or press a button.

  • Past two nights, around 9.30pm UK time on XBOX getting to play on Bespin DLC. Really good games, great players and full lobby throughout. Wish it was always like this.
  • I'm on X-Box One, message me if you would like to play on Bespin. We'll see if we can get a group thrown together.


    SWBF (2015) is mostly dead on the DLCs. My friends and I miss all those maps horribly. We want to play Sullust maps on Extraction. We want to play Death Star but not enough people.
    We want to play Sabotage on Bespin City. We need more people.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I was hoping because of this lockdown more people would play the DLCs. Unfotunately I couldn't find games at any time on Xbox, but I'll keep trying anyway.:)

    I guess making the DLCs free to play would help, but someone would actually have to work on SWBF2015 without any monetization.
Sign In or Register to comment.