criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

(TLJ spoiler) When the new kid gets your lightsaber

MagicalMuffinDruide
1436 posts Member
edited December 2017
When your lightsaber gets passed down again and the new girl breaks it in half after 2 days

odk19kvpwqmc.png
Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Replies

• Forgot to put spoiler warning at first
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    In my opinion, it was disrespectful when Luke threw his fathers lightsaber away.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• In my opinion, it was disrespectful when Luke threw his fathers lightsaber away.

I get what they were going for but it was shot/portrayed wrong. Casting it aside would have been much better, the man throwing away his legend, fearing and remembering his failures. Throwing it behind him seemed like he didn't give a crap about his dad
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • SrawDawg
    493 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Luke - "Whoa...is that.......um................IT IS!!................THANKS FOR BRINGING IT BY!!.........haven't seen that in ages.............What did you say your name was again?"

Rey - "It's Rey sir..............just Rey................listen.................there was a map.........a secret treasure map.........that led back to you...........you are LUKE **** SKYWALKER!!..................the JEDI MASTER that can defeat the First Order!!.....You destroyed the first Death Star before and defeated the Empire!!.....And you can do it again and they fear you for it!!"

Luke - "Me?......I have not been in the jedi game for quite some time.....I dunno...................like 30 years or more.........I will not be much good to you....and besides...I'm a space goat herder now....I live a simple life."

Rey -"Surely you're joking..................when I was little and broke and poor, you were the light of my life, I wanted to grow up and be LUKE SKYWALKER!!!..........................will you train me to be a kickboxer....err I mean....I mean a "Jedi" knight like you?

Luke - "I dunno kid........you got heart.......and my old light saber....And why you didn't sell that on Starbay I will never know.............tell you what.................I will see you back first thing tomorrow at 8 am....deal??"

Rey -"Yes sir mr Skywalker!!"

The next morning

Rey -"I'm ready master Luke...I'm ready!!"

Luke - "Listen..........this whole Jedi thing.................the power is within you and stuff...................here.........take this deadly plasma sword and go down there and swing it around a bit........lets see what you got........................oh and...um..............try not to decapitate yourself.....or cut your arms and legs off accidentally.......it happens to a lot of jedi in training.......and they never get to become jedi..well.........you get the idea."

Rey - "Sure thing master Luke!!

*Rey swings the light saber around and around tirelessly for hours*

Rey - *panting* - "Well....what did you think?

Luke -"I apologize........I had to look away a second............I got this new video game..............where you get credits for playing long hours and you can then bbuy better parts for your ships and stuff.....very time consuming.............if you don't care......let me see you do it again..............wait you know what?...........lets try again first thing tomorrow morning at 8.................deal?

Rey - *panting* -"Sure thing.....................mast............master........luke."

The next morning

Rey -"I'm ready master Luke...I'm ready!!"

Luke - "Yes I believe you are..................just keep this lightsaber and go help your friends......the schwartz..I mean the force...is within you!"

Rey - "Aren't you coming with me?"

Luke - "No............but I will be there....................as an inter dimensional space hologram though!..................I have a farm here.................well its not really a farm....................just a few space goats............but....well....you get the idea."

*Rey leaves the mysterious island never to see Luke Skywalker again..................the event was so forgettable that sometimes she wonders if it it ever even happened.*
    Post edited by SrawDawg on
  • I hate how the scene was shot to make it look comedic.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Meatbags wrote: »
    I hate how the scene was shot to make it look comedic.

Pretty much this, it should have been more serious. A chuckle is fine but they shouldn't have shot it to BE funny.
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Meatbags wrote: »

The whole scene is just wrong, nothing is right about it. It’s a huge missed opportunity yet again. The ST is a pile of missed opportunities. No Leia, Luke and Han reunion is one of the biggest shames in film history
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Meatbags wrote: »

The whole scene is just wrong, nothing is right about it. It’s a huge missed opportunity yet again. The ST is a pile of missed opportunities. No Leia, Luke and Han reunion is one of the biggest shames in film history

I agree it should have been done but remember in universe they've only been apart 6 years
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif