criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Guards Should Be Reinforcements

If Guards (such as the Republic Guard, MagnaGuard, Honour Guard, Royal Guard, Unknown Resistance Guard, and the Elite Praetorian Guard) make their way into the game, which would be great, then they should be introduced as another Reinforcement instead of a specific heroes' Bodyguard like in BF2015. This way, they'd have a much better chance of being playable and useful (ie defending objectives as well as heroes), rather then only getting the chance to use them when a certain hero entered the field - which would be an annoyingly rare chance like in the previous game.

Is this something a lot of you guys want?
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• Yes please
  • I imagine them to be a "Guard" or "Melee" type of Reinforcement class.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Meatbags wrote: »
    I imagine them to be a "Guard" or "Melee" type of Reinforcement class.

Yeah I'm assuming they'd still have a type of blaster, but would have a decent melee weapon / moves. Don't know how exactly Dice will do it (if they do), but would be great to use them and see them on the field.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I definitely like it, anyway to introduce more units adds more variety and makes things more interesting. It would definitely make them more useful as reinforcements than tying them to a particular hero, which would make them so rare that it would mean investing anything into their builds would be pretty pointless.
  • Meatbags
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Meatbags wrote: »

Yeah I'm assuming they'd still have a type of blaster, but would have a decent melee weapon / moves. Don't know how exactly Dice will do it (if they do), but would be great to use them and see them on the field.
    They could have them main a blaster, then have melee weapons as abilities (like Captain Phasma), or switch those 2 around.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif

They could have them main a blaster, then have melee weapons as abilities (like Captain Phasma), or switch those 2 around.

Yeah that'd be great. Maybe even no regeneration but a lot more hp and defence, making them a bit more unique to the rest.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I definitely like it, anyway to introduce more units adds more variety and makes things more interesting. It would definitely make them more useful as reinforcements than tying them to a particular hero, which would make them so rare that it would mean investing anything into their builds would be pretty pointless.

Exactly
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • These should also pose a serious threat to lightsaber wielders in Close Quarters Combat.

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
    These should also pose a serious threat to lightsaber wielders in Close Quarters Combat.

Yeah definitely, a type of counter
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • The Project Assistant on BF2 also responded to a tweet asking for Guards as Reinforcements.

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
    The Project Assistant on BF2 also responded to a tweet asking for Guards as Reinforcements.

They're not even released yet I bet noobs will already start requesting nerfs for Guards
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes! Great idea. Seems like everyone here is also in agreement of this terrific idea!
    NzFrKr.gif
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Yes! Great idea. Seems like everyone here is also in agreement of this terrific idea!
    NzFrKr.gif

GG
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • What about no blasters, but increased health and permanent infiltration/vanguard speed, for balance purposes?

NeoX
    NeoX
  • What about no blasters, but increased health and permanent infiltration/vanguard speed, for balance purposes?

NeoX

Not sure how I feel about that to be honest
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Ya, the speed boost would prly be considered OP. Just melee tho, blasters would ruin it, the emperor’s guards didn’t carry any, last I checked.

NeoX
    NeoX
  • Bring back those royal guards. Love that red
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Bring back those royal guards. Love that red

True that
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Shock trooper falls into one of those categories too right? Definitely my go to skin back in 2015 front
    Shock trooper falls into one of those categories too right? Definitely my go to skin back in 2015 front

Apparently they're gonna be an upcoming skin customisation (hopefully) as they look great
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    Shock trooper falls into one of those categories too right? Definitely my go to skin back in 2015 front

Apparently they're gonna be an upcoming skin customisation (hopefully) as they look great

**** a dude. Always one of my favorites
    mastery0ta wrote: »

I sense a lot of good changes and updates will arrive for us next month. The Force is strong with this one.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

I sense a lot of good changes and updates will arrive for us next month. The Force is strong with this one.

It sure is. My only real complaint with the game? The scrubs crawling out of the woodwork to cry on here.

It sure is. My only real complaint with the game? The scrubs crawling out of the woodwork to cry on here.

Tell me about it man, it's the reason why this game has been getting such a bad rep - tryhard scrubs jumping on the "I haven't even played the game / I've played it for 5 mins / I'm not a good gamer" complain band wagon
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • @UNLIMITED_P0WER
    You need to start telling them to take a seat again :)

NeoX
    NeoX
  • Rumplesmooth
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I love the idea of guards being reinforcements, but maybe they could also get some sort of boost when standing near their "hero", like boosted defense for royal guards when near palpatine, or boosted speed for magnaguards when near grievous? Also can't wait to see these guys in.
    92-92361_starwars_Last_jedi_praetorian_guards_mural_pdp_prod_all_6628.jpg

DpqWtVr.gif
  • I love the idea of guards being reinforcements, but maybe they could also get some sort of boost when standing near their "hero", like boosted defense for royal guards when near palpatine, or boosted speed for magnaguards when near grievous? Also can't wait to see these guys in.

Ha I like this idea. +1
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I love the idea of guards being reinforcements, but maybe they could also get some sort of boost when standing near their "hero", like boosted defense for royal guards when near palpatine, or boosted speed for magnaguards when near grievous? Also can't wait to see these guys in.

I like this idea too
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • @UNLIMITED_P0WER
    You need to start telling them to take a seat again :)

NeoX

I'd end up just getting banned again lol
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • If Guards (such as the Republic Guard, MagnaGuard, Honour Guard, Royal Guard, Unknown Resistance Guard, and the Elite Praetorian Guard) make their way into the game, which would be great, then they should be introduced as another Reinforcement instead of a specific heroes' Bodyguard like in BF2015. This way, they'd have a much better chance of being playable and useful (ie defending objectives as well as heroes), rather then only getting the chance to use them when a certain hero entered the field - which would be an annoyingly rare chance like in the previous game.

I'd still rather have them only be available when their hero is on the field. I don't want to see The Emperor's Red Guard showing up when the Emperor isn't there.

Also, Leia's guards should look like actual Alderaanian Honor Guards, not just Alliance Captains with their visors down. Long olive tunics, white vibrolances.

Vader could have blue-marked 501st Captains, that'd be cool. Lando could have Wing Guards. Etc.
  • And when they bring Anakin and Obi-Wan in, they could give them Rex and Cody, respectively. Grievous could have his IG-100 Magnaguard Elites.
  • Meatbags
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    If Guards (such as the Republic Guard, MagnaGuard, Honour Guard, Royal Guard, Unknown Resistance Guard, and the Elite Praetorian Guard) make their way into the game, which would be great, then they should be introduced as another Reinforcement instead of a specific heroes' Bodyguard like in BF2015. This way, they'd have a much better chance of being playable and useful (ie defending objectives as well as heroes), rather then only getting the chance to use them when a certain hero entered the field - which would be an annoyingly rare chance like in the previous game.

I'd still rather have them only be available when their hero is on the field. I don't want to see The Emperor's Red Guard showing up when the Emperor isn't there.

Also, Leia's guards should look like actual Alderaanian Honor Guards, not just Alliance Captains with their visors down. Long olive tunics, white vibrolances.

Vader could have blue-marked 501st Captains, that'd be cool. Lando could have Wing Guards. Etc.
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    And when they bring Anakin and Obi-Wan in, they could give them Rex and Cody, respectively. Grievous could have his IG-100 Magnaguard Elites.
    Padme could get Captain Panaka or Captain Typho.

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif

That would be freaking awesome
  • im all for having them in the game. the more content the better!

But they should still not stand a chance against a saber hero, unless they cost around 5k credits. Saber heroes are already at mercy of any trooper who decides to roll lol
  • Senate guards (the blue ones), magna guards, Leia's guards, Red guards, not sure on resistance, then snokes guards. Easy peasy, make it happen.
  • My thoughts are they for sure need full health regen and lots of health. I also think they should for sure be melee based, but if not a melee ability will substitute. They should either be enforcers or their own class called Gladiator, guards or something and be very powerful and cost 4k battle points. They could also spawn on heroes, but should cost points and maybe be even more powerful if this is the case since they would be extremely rare. If this is the case it should cost 5k battle points to spawn on their respective hero, but they should have permanent speed boost like the heroes and team buffing abilities which also buff themselves like upgraded battle command for the officer. Some abilities could be the toughen up ability, fortify, Vader's middle rage ability, speed boost,or infiltration. They could have a block or a staff throw possibly too.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Let them restore their health, but only in the circle of the protected object

Yeah that'd be great. Maybe even no regeneration but a lot more hp and defence, making them a bit more unique to the rest.

Let them restore their health, but only in the circle of the protected object
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

As long as cross era is a thing, who cares if guards are on the battlefront without their hero.
    "...let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be."
    source.gif
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Senate guards (the blue ones), magna guards, Leia's guards, Red guards, not sure on resistance, then snokes guards. Easy peasy, make it happen.

GG
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Shouldn't there have been a patch update today or is it gonna be delayed because of the time of year?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Shouldn't there have been a patch update today or is it gonna be delayed because of the time of year?

I'm betting it's delayed untill the new year, but I'm just guessing.
  • UNLIMITED_P0WER
    3555 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Shouldn't there have been a patch update today or is it gonna be delayed because of the time of year?

NOT GOOD
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

• As long as cross era is a thing, who cares if guards are on the battlefront without their hero.

This.
    Shouldn't there have been a patch update today or is it gonna be delayed because of the time of year?

NOT GOOD

Only updates I heard of from the rumor mill are happening early Jan 2018.

NeoX
    NeoX