criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People need to stop being cowards and push objectives

The worst thing that can happen when pushing to an objective such as a capture or plant/defuse is you die, just to respawn yet again. Oh, you lose a life fro the team? If you get the objective you get 50, 1 life because you played the point of the game is nothing. If you're so worried about not getting kills and getting killed because you had to rush in to get the win or make the match longer, you should really consider playing Blast, because objective modes are far too much for you to comprehend correctly. It's literally the most simple concept the game has to offer, how is no one brave enough to do anything unless someone else does it 1st and they use him as bait for the enemy?

Replies

• bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    This happens in every shooter.

Based off the dlc playlists in the last game, they can't hold up in Blast because they become the objective.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• This can tilt me as well. Team is supposed to be in the area to capture or defend, yet the majority of my team is hanging back or doing laps trying to accumulate kills.
    I get that sometimes the push takes effort from outside the determined area before taking it, but most are nowhere even near the target areas.
    I will spawn with three other mates and they just instantly split up leaving me to charge in with no backup hahaha
  • The worst part is when someone is a hero on the team and we are desperately losing, and rather than being aggressive and knocking a few key enemies out at the objective to help control it, they stay in the back so they don't die.
  • Kills are basically the only way to level up, since actual objective play doesn't net you as much points compared to just killing. This clearly needs to be fixed for Strike and Galactic Assault to actually make objectives matter besides making the game longer for more kills.
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    All the challenges based on kills isn't helping.

Dice, please start making these challenges objective kills.

There was an objective kill hutt challenge in the last game for WA and it was the most fun I had in that mode.

h846398gb27k.png

• Kills are basically the only way to level up, since actual objective play doesn't net you as much points compared to just killing. This clearly needs to be fixed for Strike and Galactic Assault to actually make objectives matter besides making the game longer for more kills.
    That is true. But again, why not play Blast to level up instead? It's much better for that purpose, and you get a lot of shooting practice too, since there are much more encounters with enemies in blast.
  • I hear ya. I hate playing as a Heavy, and pushing in with Sentry, only for my team to be nowhere in sight. Like I just got 5 kills (1/4 of their team) so you guys can PUSH UP.

The worst part is when someone is a hero on the team and we are desperately losing, and rather than being aggressive and knocking a few key enemies out at the objective to help control it, they stay in the back so they don't die.

I try not to rush in as a Hero unless absolutely needed. I remember playing Kylo on Naboo once, Phase 2, and I went into the right side room, killed everyone in there (about 7 kills), and no one moced into it. We had at least 8 people on that side, and not a single one came in after me. I ended up getting shot in the back and,killed, but we still won
    That is true. But again, why not play Blast to level up instead? It's much better for that purpose, and you get a lot of shooting practice too, since there are much more encounters with enemies in blast.

People gravitate towards GA instead of Blast because you can get waayyyy more kills
  • They need to be diverse and use officer class on specific maps as well like kamino. Sniping on attack side does nothing kids
  • I know I'll get hate for this but like for example my team was getting hammered. So I chose Rey and just hung back and started spotting people with insight. We lost but I ended up top of my team with most points and therefor most credits. It's lame and cowardly I know but this is the way the game is designed. Same as people vehicle **** on defenseless infantry in star fighters on GA. They don't serve any purpose except racking up kills and they end up on top of the scoreboard even though they don't play the objective and their team lost.

On top of that there is no incentive for capturing a base for example. I stood in the capture zone risking my life to capture it and didn't get any points for it so why bother? Winning means nothing since there is no win/loss ratio. So the obvious choice is racking up kills and playing as a hero/star fighter/vehicles because it will get you tons more points even if your team lost.
  • Mightyeno wrote: »
    I know I'll get hate for this but like for example my team was getting hammered. So I chose Rey and just hung back and started spotting people with insight. We lost but I ended up top of my team with most points and therefor most credits. It's lame and cowardly I know but this is the way the game is designed. Same as people vehicle **** on defenseless infantry in star fighters on GA. They don't serve any purpose except racking up kills and they end up on top of the scoreboard even though they don't play the objective and their team lost.

On top of that there is no incentive for capturing a base for example. I stood in the capture zone risking my life to capture it and didn't get any points for it so why bother? Winning means nothing since there is no win/loss ratio. So the obvious choice is racking up kills and playing as a hero/star fighter/vehicles because it will get you tons more points even if your team lost.

I use Rey like that all the time. I consider her a support role and spam her ulti with extended time and range for my teammates constantly. I try to stay in the middle of my team and will come out to 1v1 a villain or flank a choke point
    I know I'll get hate for this but like for example my team was getting hammered. So I chose Rey and just hung back and started spotting people with insight. We lost but I ended up top of my team with most points and therefor most credits. It's lame and cowardly I know but this is the way the game is designed. Same as people vehicle **** on defenseless infantry in star fighters on GA. They don't serve any purpose except racking up kills and they end up on top of the scoreboard even though they don't play the objective and their team lost.

I use Rey like that all the time. I consider her a support role and spam her ulti with extended time and range for my teammates constantly. I try to stay in the middle of my team and will come out to 1v1 a villain or flank a choke point

Yeah exactly me too that's the best way to use her. There is no point in rushing in with Rey or any other hero for that matter because you'll be dead in no time.
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I hear ya. I hate playing as a Heavy, and pushing in with Sentry, only for my team to be nowhere in sight. Like I just got 5 kills (1/4 of their team) so you guys can PUSH UP.

The worst part is when someone is a hero on the team and we are desperately losing, and rather than being aggressive and knocking a few key enemies out at the objective to help control it, they stay in the back so they don't die.

I try not to rush in as a Hero unless absolutely needed. I remember playing Kylo on Naboo once, Phase 2, and I went into the right side room, killed everyone in there (about 7 kills), and no one moced into it. We had at least 8 people on that side, and not a single one came in after me. I ended up getting shot in the back and,killed, but we still won

This times a million. I never recommend going in as a hero like Rambo, unless it is absolutely needed to save the game, which is needed some times....Just yesterday I sacrificed Vader to defuse the bomb....i had to defuse the bomb myself and get shot at while doing so. I was a bullet sponge. Luckily he has so much health i was able to do it in time and we barely won....but other players rather lose than die.

And this is exactly what's wrong with everything. Why bother making a mode based on objective play if it's literally pointless to play the objectives compared to just killing and being no help to anyone but yourself?
  • Indeed. It's like when you are the only one defending one of the two strike point objectives, and pretty much everyone else is fighting over the other one. You're doing a valuable service for the team, protecting this point from random breakaways, but other than a couple of kills from those on the other side who break off from the main fighting, you literally get no reward for defending the objective, and will probably end up on the bottom of the leaderboard for your team-minded efforts to boot.

just not a well thought out system at all.
  • Kills in general just need to count for basically nothing, both in battle points and xp. This is practically the only way you can get people to actually play objectives.
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    Sometimes you need to take one for the team and go rambo with a hero because the other team has good defensive positions that the infantry will never push back.

h846398gb27k.png

• Mystical
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't know why some players are afraid of the objective. I always go for it. It is the easiest way to get more points and be a hero and also easiest way (and most predicable location) to kill enemies at. Look in the usual camping spots near the objectives and 9/10 you'll see a guy in that corner and get a free kill.
  • Agree. Wins and losses aren't being tracked so I really don't think many people even care if they win or lose matches. It's sad to say but I know I've gotten to that point. Granted, I still generally play the objectives but I've also forgone objectives myself in order to just work on getting kills needed to unlock guns or mods.

It's sad but don't blame the players....Blame the designers. They haven't put enough incentive in the game to make people want to relentlessly play the objectives.

Add wins and losses, add some rewards like deliver 50 packages for 1,000 credits or win 25 matches of strike to unlock this or that.

Yeah, there will always be people that are clueless or just want to get kills, but some changes could minimize this.
    Kills are basically the only way to level up, since actual objective play doesn't net you as much points compared to just killing. This clearly needs to be fixed for Strike and Galactic Assault to actually make objectives matter besides making the game longer for more kills.
  • The worst part is when someone is a hero on the team and we are desperately losing, and rather than being aggressive and knocking a few key enemies out at the objective to help control it, they stay in the back so they don't die.

Seen this so many times, just **** me off. And yeah ive actually sat in the zone on phase 2 of crait and watched 7 players sit 4-5 meters on the perimeter of the zone just getting kills, happens so often on all maps though. I dont understand why they dont just go play Blast. And for the fact there is no KD and you lose nothing for being killed, i dont see why they bother, just play the objective and you will get more battle points than you will ever get off kills.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • some good ideas above for GA. it is well and good to be pushing the objective but if the team you are against are lvl 40's and you're lvl 1 - 15 then you already know you are cannon fodder. being farmed is boring so use what ever you need to achieve victory :smile:
  • It's hard to get people to push. I was on a team where there were six snipers which felt they werent giving cover to the rest of us, and at their sniper nest they had 3 officers who were also trying to snipe. I think that's where certain weapons (like pistols) need to have shorter range to get those players to move up. Actually the only effective weapon from long rage should be a sniper rifle, anything else shouldnt be able to two or three tap an opponent from a vast distance.
  • ReikouOne
    453 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    No rewards for capturing objectives. So why? Until they change the rewards structure, players will always play the most optimal way for progression.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    ReikouOne wrote: »
    No rewards for capturing objectives. So why?

The gaming community has truly failed when people need a motivation to play to win :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• EddieCest wrote: »
    It's hard to get people to push. I was on a team where there were six snipers which felt they werent giving cover to the rest of us, and at their sniper nest they had 3 officers who were also trying to snipe. I think that's where certain weapons (like pistols) need to have shorter range to get those players to move up. Actually the only effective weapon from long rage should be a sniper rifle, anything else shouldnt be able to two or three tap an opponent from a vast distance.

Most likely they were all only trying to unlock their weapons and attachments. Another flaw to this game.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • People keep complaining about there being no stat tracking in this game, but not having it actually makes me push the objectives. I will charge into rooms with shotguns unworried about a death, since I know it's not tracked, just so my team can push forward. If they add stats I will of course subconsciously always have my K/D ratio in the back of my head so I will of course play differently. Personally, I find no stat tracking great, since I can just enjoy the game, and I'm more willing to push towards objectives.
  • people need to learn there us an objective period. Pay attention a
    People keep complaining about there being no stat tracking in this game, but not having it actually makes me push the objectives. I will charge into rooms with shotguns unworried about a death, since I know it's not tracked, just so my team can push forward. If they add stats I will of course subconsciously always have my K/D ratio in the back of my head so I will of course play differently. Personally, I find no stat tracking great, since I can just enjoy the game, and I'm more willing to push towards objectives.

This so much. Having the stats, people will just brag about their awesome stats, and everyone else will care more about that than doing the objective.

I've heard it said that stat tracking is why the teams are so unbalanced right now. I disagree as at launch the teams were fine. After the DLC, things started going down hill.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.