criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anyone wish they were magically better players?

d0kRX
1392 posts Member
edited December 2017
I just got slammed today by a party group in strike, but even when I’m not playing against a party, I feel like it’s fifty fifty that I’ll do well.

Anyone else wish they could magically be better players in multiplayer? I sure wish I was. Sometimes I feel like I’ll never get better.
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• Man just play with decent guys if you can, it makes a ton of difference. I do think most people would like to be better players though, the always strive to be better thing. Most clans I have run ins with are just good average payers, nothing special outside the clan.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Casscaden wrote: »
    Man just play with decent guys if you can, it makes a ton of difference. I do think most people would like to be better players though, the always strive to be better thing. Most clans I have run ins with are just good average payers, nothing special outside the clan.

Yeah that’s what I usually do. And it is more fun than going it alone.
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Man just play with decent guys if you can, it makes a ton of difference. I do think most people would like to be better players though, the always strive to be better thing. Most clans I have run ins with are just good average payers, nothing special outside the clan.

And a lot less frustrating. It seems like I do worse on a bad team because I'm pushing the objective and realize I'm all alone.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    d0kRX wrote: »

And a lot less frustrating. It seems like I do worse on a bad team because I'm pushing the objective and realize I'm all alone.

Right? Then I either rage quit or go play blast.
  • I just ran into a player on Strike who is definitely magically better.

The player was playing Assault Trooper with the CR-2 and ran around killing with one shot.

No, it wasn't lag. It happened to me twice. Been playing a month and I know for a fact that the CR-2 can't one-shot anything or anyone. lolz

It was so obvious and very blatant. Other teammates encountered the same thing.

So yeah, it's possible to be magically better if you know any SWBF2 hackers.

With the amount of hate this game generated, I'm not surprised. Radar hack has been around since release.

Now we have to watch out for people using a one-shot hack. No, I am not joking, and the other three people on my team weren't joking either.

KC
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    I just ran into a player on Strike who is definitely magically better.

The player was playing Assault Trooper with the CR-2 and ran around killing with one shot.

No, it wasn't lag. It happened to me twice. Been playing a month and I know for a fact that the CR-2 can't one-shot anything or anyone. lolz

It was so obvious and very blatant. Other teammates encountered the same thing.

So yeah, it's possible to be magically better if you know any SWBF2 hackers.

With the amount of hate this game generated, I'm not surprised. Radar hack has been around since release.

Now we have to watch out for people using a one-shot hack. No, I am not joking, and the other three people on my team weren't joking either.

KC

Yeah I could see what you mean, however I am talking about legitimately “magically getting better,” not hacking the game.
  • What system you on? Getting a team is the best way to have more fun and stop being frustrated.
    I play mostly Strike and with a team it's almost no fun as you plow through games too quickly and rarely have a challenge.
    Hah 1st world problem huh?
  • Try recording / uploading your gameplay to ask for feedback on your playstyle or for you to review yourself.

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• Hey dude, we became friends on ps4 yesterday. I am one of those “magically better” people. Once you have good aim, the best thing you can do is find good positions and try to engage in gunfights that aren’t fair for the enemies. Also rolling with a team is fun, and helps you out a lot!

Here’s a vid of my crew stomping, and myself going on a 57 streak with the wookie warrior. 102 eliminations total
    I just got slammed today by a party group in strike, but even when I’m not playing against a party, I feel like it’s fifty fifty that I’ll do well.

Anyone else wish they could magically be better players in multiplayer? I sure wish I was. Sometimes I feel like I’ll never get better.

I was there. I got better. I consider myself a strong player ever since I reached the 300th hour in Battlefield two years ago. I advise you to play blast in Battlefront or TDM in battlefield to improve your fundamentals and you'll improve within 6 months to 1 year depending how long it takes you to put in 300 hours. Before the I put in the 300 hours I was doing 3 kills 27 deaths. Now my rounds are 60-15 (Battlefield). And don't get frustrated, look at the scoreboard sometimes the opposing team is just much stronger than your team. When you get strong enough you will sometimes dictate which of the two is the stronger team.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member

I was there. I got better. I consider myself a strong player ever since I reached the 300th hour in Battlefield two years ago. I advise you to play blast in Battlefront or TDM in battlefield to improve your fundamentals and you'll improve within 6 months to 1 year depending how long it takes you to put in 300 hours. Before the I put in the 300 hours I was doing 3 kills 27 deaths. Now my rounds are 60-15 (Battlefield). And don't get frustrated, look at the scoreboard sometimes the opposing team is just much stronger than your team. When you get strong enough you will sometimes dictate which of the two is the stronger team.

Thanks for the encouragement, I think I am getting there too. I was actually playing blast having a blast last night, I even placed first and third on two rounds. Hopefully I can keep my skills up even after the holidays when I won’t be able to put in as much time due to pharmacy school.
  • BARCA300
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    meh not really your fault, many people are having the same issue (myself included) with BF2. Its not the same game as BF1 so the mechanics need getting used to (if thats ever possible). im having a hard time actually having fun with this game so getting better will be a process..... because if you're not having fun with the game then the chances of someone getting better is very low as you wont be playing as much. wish they would add better guns :/
  • Naah, I am usually in the top three these days even if I play slightly drunk most of the time... took me a while to get accustomed to the different abilities of the Officer for example, but feeling pretty smooth right now B)
  • I've played thousands of hours in shooters like BFII - yeah, you'll learn by playing more hours, but if you want to really speed up your learning do these 3 things:
    #1. PICK ONE THING TO WORK ON AT A TIME
    Trying to improved through sheer hours played works, but it works at a glacial pace. It does not stimulate your creative problem-solving mind. If you want to improve your headshotting, put a little post-it that says "HEADSHOTS" on the corner of your TV or screen. You'll be amazed at how much faster you improve if you give your brain a specific task to work on.
    #2. AIM CALM
    This is true for improving aim in just about any shooter. If you look at your play now you'll realize you're probably spamming shots at people, trying to get a lucky kill. The self-justification is that you want to kill him before he kills you and you don't have time to aim properly. In fact, this gets you killed faster by alerting him to your position, overheating your weapon, making you visible on scanners, letting him know your weapon/class combo, and making a lot of noise and light for teammates to hone in on. The solution is to consciously choose to only shoot when you're gonna hit him - in the beginning it feels like you're playing worse but actually you're just finally realizing how bad your aim was all along. Aim for the upper chest and neck area instead of the waist if you're going for body shots and you'll naturally get a lot more headshots. The more shots you land with this method, the more you can ramp up your fire intensity until all your shots are hitting their mark at a rapid pace.
    #3. WATCH GOOD PLAYERS
    This is so important. Watch replays of good players. You'll learn so much about how to play the game. You'll realize you were being too cautious in some areas and way too overzealous in others. You'll learn what abilities, weapons, and classes are capable of in the right hands and you'll subconsciously soak in how to approach various situations when playing your chosen class.

Hope that helps.
    [XB1] RECRUITING GA STARFIGHTER PILOTS HERE:
    BLACK SQUADRON RECRUITMENT THREAD
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    Rismus wrote: »
    I've played thousands of hours in shooters like BFII - yeah, you'll learn by playing more hours, but if you want to really speed up your learning do these 3 things:
    #1. PICK ONE THING TO WORK ON AT A TIME
    Trying to improved through sheer hours played works, but it works at a glacial pace. It does not stimulate your creative problem-solving mind. If you want to improve your headshotting, put a little post-it that says "HEADSHOTS" on the corner of your TV or screen. You'll be amazed at how much faster you improve if you give your brain a specific task to work on.
    #2. AIM CALM
    This is true for improving aim in just about any shooter. If you look at your play now you'll realize you're probably spamming shots at people, trying to get a lucky kill. The self-justification is that you want to kill him before he kills you and you don't have time to aim properly. In fact, this gets you killed faster by alerting him to your position, overheating your weapon, making you visible on scanners, letting him know your weapon/class combo, and making a lot of noise and light for teammates to hone in on. The solution is to consciously choose to only shoot when you're gonna hit him - in the beginning it feels like you're playing worse but actually you're just finally realizing how bad your aim was all along. Aim for the upper chest and neck area instead of the waist if you're going for body shots and you'll naturally get a lot more headshots. The more shots you land with this method, the more you can ramp up your fire intensity until all your shots are hitting their mark at a rapid pace.
    #3. WATCH GOOD PLAYERS
    This is so important. Watch replays of good players. You'll learn so much about how to play the game. You'll realize you were being too cautious in some areas and way too overzealous in others. You'll learn what abilities, weapons, and classes are capable of in the right hands and you'll subconsciously soak in how to approach various situations when playing your chosen class.

Hope that helps.

This totally helps, thank you very much. Most of my skill right now has come from watching good players on youtube, and then practicing what they were doing (such as taking more courage in spots that I wasn't pushing in the objective). I'll have to give some more focus on the first point I think, I do ok on aiming calm but sometimes I don't.

+1
    This totally helps, thank you very much. Most of my skill right now has come from watching good players on youtube, and then practicing what they were doing (such as taking more courage in spots that I wasn't pushing in the objective). I'll have to give some more focus on the first point I think, I do ok on aiming calm but sometimes I don't.

+1

I'd say these are 3 things to focus on that will quickly make you a much stronger player...

#1. HEADSHOTS
    Aim calm. Headshots or no shots.

#2. SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
    Check your minimap to see where team members are and where fire is coming from. Play with headphones. Do NOT just run in, check your corners and know where the enemies are.

#3. SURVIVAL
    Experiment with going for a whole match without dying. See what it feels like to play without treating your character as cannon-fodder. You don't have to get many kills or aggressively PTO, just realize that it's alright to withdraw and re-engage if the odds are not in your favor.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member

+1

I'd say these are 3 things to focus on that will quickly make you a much stronger player...

#1. HEADSHOTS

Check your minimap to see where team members are and where fire is coming from. Play with headphones. Do NOT just run in, check your corners and know where the enemies are.

#3. SURVIVAL
    Experiment with going for a whole match without dying. See what it feels like to play without treating your character as cannon-fodder. You don't have to get many kills or aggressively PTO, just realize that it's alright to withdraw and re-engage if the odds are not in your favor.

Situational awareness and survival are great things to do, especially in learning the maps, I singlehandedly turned a match of strike around because I realized that my whole team kept heading into the objective one way, and the enemy kept sitting on the objective and we couldn’t do anything! I decided to explore the map a bit and then I flanked them and our team was able to take the win.

+1

#1. HEADSHOTS

#3. SURVIVAL

Situational awareness and survival are great things to do, especially in learning the maps, I singlehandedly turned a match of strike around because I realized that my whole team kept heading into the objective one way, and the enemy kept sitting on the objective and we couldn’t do anything! I decided to explore the map a bit and then I flanked them and our team was able to take the win.

Flanking is very powerful especially with the right class/builds.
  • actionbraunjr
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Had a great tip to make a video of oneself and let a better player watch.
    Here's a few of my gameplay. At the moment I'm definitely working on smoother steadier aiming, which should come with some more time and practice.
    I just stuck to assault to give an idea of how I'm approaching the game at the moment

But yeah, let me know what I'm doing wrong, anything I'm possibly doing right. Really would appreciate any feedback at all on what I can do to improve and where I'm making mistakes.

Edit: Oh, and apologies for the poor video quality. I assumed the PS4 was recording in hd but I think I need to change the settings.
  • Had a great tip to make a video of oneself and let a better player watch.
    Here's a few of my gameplay. At the moment I'm definitely working on smoother steadier aiming, which should come with some more time and practice.
    I just stuck to assault to give an idea of how I'm approaching the game at the moment

But yeah, let me know what I'm doing wrong, anything I'm possibly doing right. Really would appreciate any feedback at all on what I can do to improve and where I'm making mistakes.

Edit: Oh, and apologies for the poor video quality. I assumed the PS4 was recording in hd but I think I need to change the settings.

Hey man! It’s chalupa.

Your aim is actually pretty good, I think you should be a bit more patient with the vanguard, line it up to ensure the one shot.

I find you had a little bit of tunnel vision. You go to a spot, possibly get a kill or two, and instead of moving on, you stay there, hoping to get another. The issue with this is that the enemy now knows where you are, and you’ve overstayed your welcome. Be creative, if you want to lock down an area, keep moving from spot to spot, and be hazardous when you move, check different areas that they could be coming from rather than just looking at where you want to go.

Another thing I noticed is that you often find yourself out in the open. Stick to the edges and move from cover to cover, never be in a place where people can hit you from all directions. If you do this, you’ll find that you’re the one catching people with their pants down.

I saw a couple times that you were clearly outgunned, and had a chance to survive if you just turned around and ran away. Instead I saw you try to win the gunfight, which could occasionally happen, but you have a very low chance of doing so. It’s fine to run away, you might be able to find a better position and actually win the fight!

Look forward to playing with you more, feel free to ask any questions!

• Don't ever quit mid-match on losing teams.

Can't stress enough how important it is to stay in the game against good teams you'll learn something getting wrecked.

Unless they blatantly have a hacker , I say stay in the game ALWAYS.

A lot of good players stack teams in their favor in other games I've played , once they face true adversity they melt.

It's why you see undefeated teams in sports get wrecked in the final game , because they finally had some adversity and crumbled.

Try using some of the wall-hack features as abilities .

Specialist has "scramble infiltration" which marks everyone on your mini-map even for your entire team.

Assault has a wall hack too.

Bossk can see through walls as well.

• d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    Had a great tip to make a video of oneself and let a better player watch.

Hey man! It’s chalupa.

Your aim is actually pretty good, I think you should be a bit more patient with the vanguard, line it up to ensure the one shot.

I find you had a little bit of tunnel vision. You go to a spot, possibly get a kill or two, and instead of moving on, you stay there, hoping to get another. The issue with this is that the enemy now knows where you are, and you’ve overstayed your welcome. Be creative, if you want to lock down an area, keep moving from spot to spot, and be hazardous when you move, check different areas that they could be coming from rather than just looking at where you want to go.

Another thing I noticed is that you often find yourself out in the open. Stick to the edges and move from cover to cover, never be in a place where people can hit you from all directions. If you do this, you’ll find that you’re the one catching people with their pants down.

I saw a couple times that you were clearly outgunned, and had a chance to survive if you just turned around and ran away. Instead I saw you try to win the gunfight, which could occasionally happen, but you have a very low chance of doing so. It’s fine to run away, you might be able to find a better position and actually win the fight!

Look forward to playing with you more, feel free to ask any questions!

These are some good tips! I need to upload some gameplay of myself sometime and let you give me some tips. It's sure a bummer that I've missed you on the battlefront, but I got so many things to study in pharmacy school it's nuts! haha sometime we'll play again.
  • Everyday :neutral:
  • lol every game. i just finished GA on Yavin. Talk about only winning because the map is broken for the defense to get easier chance of winning because literally i was the only one as the objective area. the enemy team had like 20+ kills and were pushing hard, but because all it takes is 1 guy in the capture zone and you can delay them. My entire team was so scrub the #2 best had like 6 kills. i had like 25 kills. I literally backpacked 19 players.