criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A glimpse of what lightsaber combat could've been?

At 2:05 you can see Vader slashing and Luke's block and it doesn't stun him. This is something I would like to see purposefully implemented into lightsaber combat or something similar.

It is only works in this video b/c he had a glitch.

[Not my video]

Replies

• As much as I would like to see this, how would you even attack someone without running out of stamina? You kind of need the block in order to counter
  • Krimson wrote: »
    As much as I would like to see this, how would you even attack someone without running out of stamina? You kind of need the block in order to counter

Maybe if you just hold down block, the action in the video will happen.

If you tap the block button right when they hit you and time it right, it stuns the other guy.
  • So for example:

Player A attacks Player B, but Player B blocks right before Player A lands the attack, which causes Player A to get stun, since Player B did a successful block and is opens up player A to 2-3 attacks, but during those attacks Player A has the opportunity to block one of Player B's attacks and gets stunned and vice versa
  • Imagine if lightsaber combat was as good as "For Honors" combat? That would be epic to be able to control all of your attacks!
  • Yeah that would be really cool, like you give up some of your stamina to swing a few times to break their block. Of course the downside is you can't block for a while afterward.
    CIS: OOM-9, Sebulba, Nute Gunray
    Republic: Coleman Trebor, Shmi Skywalker, The clone that fell with Padme
    Rebels: Lobot, Willrow Hood, Rebel Friend
    Empire: Rancor Keeper, Walrus Man, Dagobah Luke-Face Vader
    First Order: The stormtrooper with blood on his face
    Resistance: I couldn't care less
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    That actually looked amazing. If they could implement proper counter mechanic (like parry when blocking just before attack lands) it would bring more depth to lightsaber combat.
    x9r5oj1vhpys.gif

"In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Someone please just copy what Jedi Outcast and Academy did. I also wish the backwards slash from the original BF2 would make an appearance. I find myself walking backwards and pressing R2 only to be disappointed that I can't slash behind me and instead lunge forward.
  • Landeaux2
    3110 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I much rather what I just saw in the video. You shouldn’t wobble backwards for having your saber attack blocked. The devs can manipulate stamina costs for attacking a blocker and blocking an attacker in order to make saber play smoother than what it is right now. You shouldn’t be able to hold block 24/7 without thought of potential consequences.
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Imagine if lightsaber combat was as good as "For Honors" combat? That would be epic to be able to control all of your attacks!

The thing is that Ubisoft made For Honor with the sword mechanic as the only gameplay element in the game, so they had all of their development time to do so.Battlefront is far more complex and would require huge amounts of time and rework to make something like that, since it features more Heroes,guns, lightsabers, abilities and starfighters all in one.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Raices
    1123 posts Member
    Amazing, if this could be implemented maybe stamina cards would have better use.
  • Someone please just copy what Jedi Outcast and Academy did. I also wish the backwards slash from the original BF2 would make an appearance. I find myself walking backwards and pressing R2 only to be disappointed that I can't slash behind me and instead lunge forward.

Im surprised Darth Maul doesn't automatically hit 360 degrees, which was also in the original BFII.
  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    You're asking for a parry
  • Yes, remove the stun, it's lame and limits saber combat
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Moxx wrote: »
    You're asking for a parry

And, technically, a remove for the stun.
  • Doubt they'd add this, that could take while.
    All they need to do is remove the block stun and lightsaber combat would flow much better.

Making anything in this game takes a while. It just depends on their priorities on what to add next.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    I have to agree it does look really nice and fluid without the Stun effect

I wouldn't want it totally gone as it makes the game more tactical and less button mashy. but it really needs to be reduced by half
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »

I wouldn't want it totally gone as it makes the game more tactical and less button mashy. but it really needs to be reduced by half

What do you mean? Do you want the time of being stunned cut in half?
  • That was absolutely amazing to witness.
    Man I wish they would've put an actual light saber fighting system in this game, the one we have right now just boring & makes me not want to engage in saber combat with other players because of how lame it is.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• @DeFaLt17 it seems you have seen the new Rebels trailer. Good for you.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Forgot to mention it happens at 3:05 also.
    All they need to do is remove the block stun and lightsaber combat would flow much better.

Not just talking about that, he said he also wants a parry or something.
  • Imagine if lightsaber combat was as good as "For Honors" combat? That would be epic to be able to control all of your attacks!

Did I hear "Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy" saber system? xD
    My priority list:
    * Conquest Mode
    - Ground-Sky (Troopers, Vehicles, Starfighters - spawn and "press G" to enter)
    * Map Selection / Server Browser
    * All modes available for us to play
    - All selections and team choosing available for us to play
    * Cosmetic system
    - Customization of clothing, weapons and vehicles
    * Improved Squad System
    - In-Squad Voip System, or something better.
    * No microtransactions

Twitch Channel: Joey A
  • OOM19 wrote: »

agreed, but a revision of this stun thing should happen.
    My priority list:
    * Conquest Mode
    - Ground-Sky (Troopers, Vehicles, Starfighters - spawn and "press G" to enter)
    * Map Selection / Server Browser
    * All modes available for us to play
    - All selections and team choosing available for us to play
    * Cosmetic system
    - Customization of clothing, weapons and vehicles
    * Improved Squad System
    - In-Squad Voip System, or something better.
    * No microtransactions

Twitch Channel: Joey A
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    I much rather what I just saw in the video. You shouldn’t wobble backwards for having your saber attack blocked. The devs can manipulate stamina costs for attacking a blocker and blocking an attacker in order to make saber play smoother than what it is right now. You shouldn’t be able to hold block 24/7 without thought of potential consequences.

I agree
  • JMaster
    2149 posts Member
    That is sooo much better, it even looks more like the trailers, too! By the looks of it, lightsaber swings take way too much stamina to do this combat system justice.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Landeaux2
    3110 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Landeaux2 wrote: »

I agree

Thank you. Glad to see you’re back! :)

I agree

Yeah I check in every once and a while to see what people are talking about
    Or if there’s an issue to address

I agree

Do you two know each other?
  • Tomm3hgunn wrote: »

I agree

Do you two know each other?

Lol no. We’ve just been on the forums for a while.
  • @HypergamerMk2 Yes I have indeed.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Only way I'd be ok with this is if there's a parry mechanic.

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• Saboteur6 wrote: »
    Only way I'd be ok with this is if there's a parry mechanic.

I mentioned this already lol
  • No one wants to talk about the fact that when vader emotes, he doesnt take any damage from rey or yoda?
  • Taracmeden wrote: »
    No one wants to talk about the fact that when vader emotes, he doesnt take any damage from rey or yoda?

If you are talking about it happening in the video, then look at the title of the video.
  • They would have to give Maul proper stamina. Otherwise he could just swing everyone to death, the blocking mecanic currently is a bit strong, but playing as a a team - as we should - it's a lot easier to deal with blocking.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • That was delicious. I need that. Please...
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • How cool would it look for Maul to deflect blaster fire with his saber?

I was immediately excited for this when I learned that Maul would be in the game

I feel robbed

I was immediately excited for this when I learned that Maul would be in the game

I feel robbed

Re-do his lightsaber defense card so that while attacking with full stamina he deflects all blaster fire from a cone directly in front of him. Make yoda a proper match from him as well, if gameplay is any indication, we all know what happens in the release trailer....
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif

I feel robbed

I don't think he needs it too much. His lightsaber attack speed is very fast along with his ability to move around with his agility.