criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Who Here Has Any Interest In a ST Map After The Last Jedi?

Prev1
OOM19
2833 posts Member
So, who here has any interest anymore in a ST Map? Before the Last Jedi I would have said yes as I believed the Era had Potential for some Cool Stories and events

After The Last Jedi? I'd honestly prefer if we never got a single ST Map or Hero after Crait give me Prequel Maps and Heroes

Anything but the Sequel Trilogy I'd take Holiday Special Maps any day
OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
I live again
I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4

Replies

• All your posts are just bashing the new film over and over again. We get it, you didn’t like it. Give it a rest now, it’s boring.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    koprich wrote: »
    All your posts are just bashing the new film over and over again. We get it, you didn’t like it. Give it a rest now, it’s boring.

Actually I haven't talked about TLJ in days now and most of that has been reserved for my Review thread

This was actually a honest attempt to see how people's opinions have changed or not changed about the ST over the last two weeks

But since you insist

:p
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

• Lots of great ideas for ST maps:

We could have a jail break map, where the resistance "plants" a code breaker in a cell at exactly the right time and incidentally doesnt break himself out.

We could have a horse-camel race scene with oversized horse camels.

We could have a turkey shoot map, where the resistance, lead by an incompetent misandrist that gets her entire fleet anhilated due to her unwillingness to share her plan with the remnant of her pitiful rebellion.

A vegan food eating contest, where Chewy is the judge.

A whack a mole style map, where Poe has to take out all the turrets from a star destroyer, (secret), they cant shoot back at him.

A comedy map, where the only weapon is rediculous, stale, and out of place jokes told by Poe with the intent of stalling Hux.

How about a kissing map where, Rose is the only hero, she has to find resistance heros that are hell bent on sacrificing themselves for the resistance, she must kiss them before she, well before she...gets taken out by the FO.

See lots of potential from that movie./sarc

@tljAbomination

• Lots of great ideas for ST maps:

We could have a jail break map, where the resistance "plants" a code breaker in a cell at exactly the right time and incidentally doesnt break himself out.

We could have a horse-camel race scene with oversized horse camels.

We could have a turkey shoot map, where the resistance, lead by an incompetent misandrist that gets her entire fleet anhilated due to her unwillingness to share her plan with the remnant of her pitiful rebellion.

A vegan food eating contest, where Chewy is the judge.

A whack a mole style map, where Poe has to take out all the turrets from a star destroyer, (secret), they cant shoot back at him.

A comedy map, where the only weapon is rediculous, stale, and out of place jokes told by Poe with the intent of stalling Hux.

How about a kissing map where, Rose is the only hero, she has to find resistance heros that are **** bent on sacrificing themselves for the resistance, she must kiss them before she, well before she...gets taken out by the FO.

See lots of potential from that movie./sarc

@tljAbomination

This started out funny and then got progressively more depressing the more I remembered all that pointless garbage in that awful movie. I mean you know it's bad when if one character just revealed her plans then about an hour of the film becomes irrelevant. But I digress, please no more ST maps for a good long time.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Jeez, we get it, you didn't like the movie. Get over it.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Hanzo wrote: »

Cannot I express my opinion
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

• Hanzo wrote: »

And people have opinions and you can't stop them from spreading it so as you ever so eloquently put it yourself, get over it.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Basically speaking this is The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi is basically like a ungrateful grand child who after inheriting the Family Business that his Family has spent decades growing from nothing to become a successful business

Has a pouty fit and screams that he is better and more intelligent then everyone who came before him and proceeds to tear it all down while at the same time leeching it for all it's worth
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Bring ST maps, but then with clones, droids, CW vehicles and CW heroes ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Wow....he just opened up another thread to start talking AGAIN about how much he hates TLJ.

• OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Wow....he just opened up another thread to start talking AGAIN about how much he hates TLJ.
    And you had to reply why?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

• bfloo
    15930 posts Member
    We just need more maps that the Droid Army can dominate on and a way to lock myself to that faction :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Meh, never mind.
  • I don't really mind if they do but I also wouldn't mind if the don't.

The Last Jedi sucked so bad but its environments disconnected form the movie and put into a videogame would still be fun.

Just like the prequels.
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    So, who here has any interest anymore in a ST Map? Before the Last Jedi I would have said yes as I believed the Era had Potential for some Cool Stories and events

After The Last Jedi? I'd honestly prefer if we never got a single ST Map or Hero after Crait give me Prequel Maps and Heroes

Anything but the Sequel Trilogy I'd take Holiday Special Maps any day

Well, after TPM, AotC and RotS I would’ve preferred we never saw anything PT-related in Star Wars again, including BFII. That obviously didn’t happen, and the same thing will happen with the ST and TLJ. You don’t have to like it, but this is Star Wars now and more content will come. Lucky for me because I really enjoyed the film! So for me, more ST-maps please!
  • We want Trypto
    image.jpg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • We want Trypto
    image.jpg

A Galactic Size Space Turkey....perfect metaphor for TLJ...

• I am not interested and TBH coward Finn fighting Vader or Palps like equal makes me sick.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Wow....he just opened up another thread to start talking AGAIN about how much he hates TLJ.
    And you had to reply why?

My bad....go back to hating on movies (on a video game forum). Good luck in life.
  • Coming out of tlj screening was depressing.
  • Theres really only one map left to make. Cantonica. After that we wait till Episode 9.
  • I’ll take a small mode map on Canto Bight please.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6757 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Theres not many maps they could pull out of TLJ. Avoiding spoilers, Atch-To and Cantonica wouldnt bring anything to the game. And the Supremacy is too similar to Death Star II and Starkiller Base surely.

Maybe another space map potentially with the Supremacy involved?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • How is that censored?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Why couldn't they give FInn a riot baton attack like Jyn Erso!?

It's criminal he doesn't have a melee when in TFA he did way more melee fighting with the lightsaber and TLJ he has a fight with Phasma using the riot baton.

• I like D'Qar SA map a lot, despite it being unbalanced currently.
  • Tbh I wouldn't mind if they did more ST maps. I find GA crait in swbf2 is really cool. TLJ crait was really dumb and boring compared to swbf2 version. So I say let swbf2 do what ST maps with their spin they want. They do it 100x better than the ST movies.
  • OP-Dude the movie wasn’t what you wanted because it was geared towards 12 year olds. And to them this movie was the best thing they ever saw that same way th OG trilogy was for you when you were a kid. I mean be realistic, theOG trilogy was as cheesy as the rest because it was geared towards 12 year olds then. Think about it in ROTJ there where literal teddy bears fighting storm troopers. No one is expecting a 30 something year old to like things that kids like.

• bfloo
    15930 posts Member
    461emsawti wrote: »
    OP-Dude the movie wasn’t what you wanted because it was geared towards 12 year olds. And to them this movie was the best thing they ever saw that same way th OG trilogy was for you when you were a kid. I mean be realistic, theOG trilogy was as cheesy as the rest because it was geared towards 12 year olds then. Think about it in ROTJ there where literal teddy bears fighting storm troopers. No one is expecting a 30 something year old to like things that kids like.

It was kind of anti-climactic that the porgs didn't rout the FO.

h846398gb27k.png

• SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    461emsawti wrote: »
    I mean be realistic, theOG trilogy was as cheesy as the rest because it was geared towards 12 year olds then. Think about it in ROTJ there where literal teddy bears fighting storm troopers. No one is expecting a 30 something year old to like things that kids like.

uh...no.

The OG trilogy was masterful in its dialogue, story, humor, and action. Luke, Han, and Leia's banter are the glue that made the movies work. Everyone loves to point out the Ewoks but besides them, every scenes in the entire trilogy can be enjoyed by all ages.

The whole world fell in love with the OT, especially 30yr olds.

TLJ is nothing compared to their tone and fun factor.

The OT is not cheesy. The Prequels are, parts of TFA are, and the TLJ might as well be made out of cheese.
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Double Post.
  • bfloo
    15930 posts Member
    People are forgetting how ground breaking the OT was.

George might be a terrible director, ok he is, but he was a pioneer as far as special effects go.

Part of why ANH is ranked so highly as a film is it was the first of its kind.

h846398gb27k.png

• I don't know about actual ST maps, since there are not that many unique locations left. That being said, I'd love to see some of the battles that happened between RoTJ and TFA, like the Battle of Jakku, as shown in the last mission of the campaign, the liberation of cloud city, or the liberation of Kashyyyk. It would also be a nice opportunity to be able to play in those planets with the empire and the rebellion.
    - Matt (Definitely not Kylo Ren)
  • I'm looking forward to never playing Takodana & Jakku ever again in this game. The horrific map design is just unfun & I genuinely do not enjoy myself in those maps while playing in Galactic Assault.

I liked playing on Crait, I think its a very action packed map to play on, I hope they make the newer ST maps just as fun as Crait is.

Canto Bite looks like an interesting place to fight in, but I just hope it doesn't suck as much as Takodana.

To be honest I'm not looking forward to ST content anymore besides Snoke as a hero, Skins, weapons & playing Dqar on the ground.
    I'd much rather have maps from the OT and PT.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• The next year(s) will focus on CW only. Only a small "Han Solo" season will come. ST shouldn't be a topic anymore. But DICE can still bring some skins for Rey, Kylo, etc.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Double Post.

“Delusions of grandeur”

If your honest and can objectively judge the movies based on their own merit you will realize that of course they are all a bit silly and that’s what makes them so great (all of them) Times Change and so do people along with pop culture etc. us older people cannot relate to the new youth pop culture because it’s not ours. Ours was the OG trilogy and that’s what we remember from our youth, when the blinders of life where on and we could imagine a galaxy far far away. This is the same for kids now days with the ST, the jokes are gonna seem lame and the acting can be embarrassing at least the special effects are awesome compared to what we had in the OG trilogy.
  • bfloo
    15930 posts Member
    The next year(s) will focus on CW only. Only a small "Han Solo" season will come. ST shouldn't be a topic anymore. But DICE can still bring some skins for Rey, Kylo, etc.

Wishful thinking, I doubt Disney will let them do a big pt push.

h846398gb27k.png

• Make a map that is as good as Crait, then I’m in. Make a map that is as bad as Jakku, then I’m out.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aside from what we already have, there's really nothing else to add. Maybe Canto Bight.t for Strike, Blast and HvV? The serious lack of world building in TLJ doesn't leave much to consider.

Censored for the second part of Canto, seriously?
  • bfloo wrote: »
    People are forgetting how ground breaking the OT was.

George might be a terrible director, ok he is, but he was a pioneer as far as special effects go.

Part of why ANH is ranked so highly as a film is it was the first of its kind.

We loved the OT of course and still do because it reminds of us of our childhoods. All I know is Star Wars was reignited in my life due to my kids absolute love for the new movies. To kids these two films are to them what th OT was for me. TFA might as well have been ANH because their passion for the SW universe is strong and doesn’t seem to be diminishing anytime soon.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    bfloo wrote: »
    The next year(s) will focus on CW only. Only a small "Han Solo" season will come. ST shouldn't be a topic anymore. But DICE can still bring some skins for Rey, Kylo, etc.

There is almost no ST (fun) content anymore. Also as an entertainment company Disney should know that too much very similar OT/ST content is not what the game needs. We all know that there is still an era which the fans would love to see in Battlefront.
    For instance, the ST maps in game are the worst of all maps and more than boring to play...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo wrote: »

There is almost no ST (fun) content anymore. Also as an entertainment company Disney should know that too much very similar OT/ST content is not what the game needs. We all know that there is still an era which the fans love to see in Battlefront.
    For instance, the ST maps in game are the worst of all maps and more than boring to play...
    Give us our cloan warz DICE or we riot.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • TLJ is PM level bad.
  • kespich wrote: »
    TLJ is PM level bad.

“I can feel you anger.......good it makes you stronger”
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    How is that censored?

You'll find this forum has one of the strictest and most ridiculous profanity filters in the history of the internet.
  • The next year(s) will focus on CW only. Only a small "Han Solo" season will come. ST shouldn't be a topic anymore. But DICE can still bring some skins for Rey, Kylo, etc.

lul
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
    You drank too much tea.

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • I’ll leave my opinions of TLJ at the door and say some small map modes would work. I’d take Throne Room and Canto Bight for blast or (the hopefully coming) cargo.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I do. TLJ was great and more content would be a welcome. More Skins. Maybe a GA or Blast map of Snoke's ship, although it could be too similar to Death Star II. I do like the the more enclosed maps for GA though - CANNOT STAND getting randomly picked off by a fighter or losing half of my recently acquired hero's health.
  • The next year(s) will focus on CW only. Only a small "Han Solo" season will come.

Where are you getting this information?
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif