criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Small screen vs big screen skills

d0kRX
1409 posts Member
edited December 2017
Hey guys, so when I play battlefront 2 at home I use a pc monitor hooked up to my PS4, and when I’m at my cousins house he has his PS4 hooked up to a 60 inch hdtv...

My skill level in the pc screen (maybe 20 ish inch monitor) is WAY better than on the 60 inch tv. For example on the pc screen I ‘feel’ more comfortable with the controls, sensitivity, aiming,and overall maneuverability. BUT on the 60 inch tv ALL of those things seem outta wack for me.

Any of you guys experience something like this?
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• I am a PC gamer usually but I play this on xbox so I'm not sure
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    I am a PC gamer usually but I play this on xbox so I'm not sure

What size screen do you play the Xbox on?
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    So I think I figured out why I play better on the pc monitor instead of the 60 inch hdtv that my cousin has. Basically it's summed up in two words: input lag.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    So I think I figured out why I play better on the pc monitor instead of the 60 inch hdtv that my cousin has. Basically it's summed up in two words: input lag.

yeah is that 60 inch a 4k TV? i learned that those have considerable input lag. when i play on my regular high definition tv theres no input lag.
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    It's just a regular HDTV. Maybe input lag varies between HDTVs.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Monitor’s are superior to play on for many reasons. Mainly being the low input lag as well as response time. Some TV’s can have bad input lag which can be a real problem and put you at a disadvantage with someone who’s playing on a low input lag monitor.