criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

400+ hours worth of feedback for DICE

Prev1
@T0TALfps
I recently passed 400 hours played in this game and as such I decided to compile what I think would be all the constructive feedback I can regarding the current state of the game. This is not meant to bash DICE, merely to provide them with feedback on issues I have had in my time in game. All of this feedback is based exclusively on my personal gameplay… which consists of only galactic assault mode and heavy trooper/hero gameplay. I have had to break this up into sections because according to the forum the "Body is 4016 characters too long." lol

Lag: Lag is much improved from previous patch, but still remains an issue at times, particularly in early game when players are still loading in. These leads to rubberbanding and is frustrating.
Team Balance: Games will frequently begin with one team vastly outnumbering the other team… it appears that the requisite players required to start a match is not team specific… so if you have 15 players on 1 team and 5 on another, that would trigger the game to start. This a large problem on maps like Takodana where if the attacking team outnumbers the defending team, they will take the first point quickly and the game is basically over then, even if the defending team eventually fills up. Please make it so each team has to have X number of players before the game can start.

Load Times: Load times for the game (and unloading back to main menu) remain very slow for some reason. This is particularly problematic between games as it can lead to you not loading in until the game is already underway, which again creates problems on maps where the original rush can determine the outcome of the game… also the long load times mean you may be force loaded with the wrong class or card setup.

Default Classes: Please allow us to select our own default class. I am tired of loading into a game (long load time) and being force loaded into an assault trooper who I then have to suicide in order to select the heavy class which is what I play.

Team Shuffle: Please re-instate (I think it was in game before) the team shuffle after each map. Right now a good team who is winning will keep stomping through games (and the players will stay because they are winning), while the losing team will keep losing players and refilling with new ones basically until the good team finally gets bored.

Matchmaking: Team shuffle/Team Balance should take into account the relative skill levels of the players in the game and make attempts to shift them from side to side so they are equally matched… this is not happening currently.
Statistic Tracking: Implement the standard analytics tracking which is found in other games of this genre.

Multiple load outs: Allow for multiple star card loadouts for each of the basic classes… for example when I pick heavy, I should have the ability to then select between a couple of different saved star card loadouts rather than having to manually go in and change my star cards when I want to switch from say anti-vehicle to anti-infantry… or if I am switching between assault and defense

Hero/Villain announcements: Bring back the little announcement in the top right corner when a hero/villain arrived… there would be a little box with say Darth Mauls head and he would say something over comms when he joined the battle… this was a cool feature which was removed for some reason.

Vehicles in GA (Armor & Aircraft): On maps where one team has vehicles and the other does not, those phases are incredibly difficult for the defenders if the vehicles users are in any way competent… good examples would be Crait and Kashyyyk and Naboo where one side gets tanks. I don’t think the problem is related to a lack of ability to kill vehicles, rather the incentive for defenders to kill vehicles is not good. I have loaded my heavy with an ion torpedo and supercharged sentry, snuck up on an at/st, done like 70% of his life in damage before he killed me, and then gotten like 200bp for my efforts. I don’t think vehicles need to be nerfed, and I don’t think anti vehicle weapons need to be buffed, rather I think the BP generated for attacking tanks/planes needs to be increased exponentially to make it more attractive for random players to attack them. Right now, if I attack a vehicle, I know I am going to probably die as it is easy for the vehicle to tell where it is being hit from, and they have basically unlimited range… and on top of that I’m barely going to get any points for attacking said vehicle… this leads to most players simply ignoring vehicles while trying to earn BP, and leads to vehicles just running amok. Increase the amount of BP generated for attacking vehicles/aircraft to say the levels you get for attacking exposed MTT’s, and I think that would balance them out nicely.

Heavy Class: I think the heavy class is pretty well balanced currently. I think ion turret needs to have its range against troopers significantly reduced (I am tired of getting locked on from 200+ meters away) and I wish there was an ion anti-vehicle version of the sentry ability available for specific anti-vehicle duty. I don’t have a problem with supercharged sentry (although many do) as it is easy to avoid and significantly limits your mobility while in use. There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler… the return on investment is just too small to ever be worth using them.

Rolling: The ability to immune force powers with roll needs to be fixed… simple as that. As far as rolling vs lightsaber swings, I’m fine with it as is (if you time your swings correctly, you can bait out the rolls and then smash the roller when it is on internal CD)… I wouldn’t be averse though to potentially increasing the internal CD for troopers after consecutive rolls by say 1 second (it feels like it is a 2 second delay currently)… I would leave hero/villains roll/dash internal CD’s alone.

Overtime Mechanics: I currently like the overtime/secure mechanics for the current GA game mode; however, I would like to see the traditional capture mechanics used in most battlefield games implemented for conquest mode.

Conquest Mode: Please make this happen with the traditional battlefield capture mechanics… would love it.

Progression System: Get rid of the loot boxes and simplify the progression system. Allow crafting parts to be purchased with either credits or crystals (re-enable the ability to buy crystals through Origin)… crafting parts are then used to buy and upgrade star cards… done. Allow certain customization options to be purchased with credits, and others to be purchased only with crystals (allowing crystals to be used to buy crafting parts directly and certain customization options will generate revenue to pay for future content without the “gambling” implication which many associated with loot boxes). I am against changing the reward from duplicate start cards in loot boxes from credits to crafting parts, because I would rather see loot boxes scrapped entirely.

Customization: Implement extensive cosmetic loadout customization through the use of skins/models for players/weapons etc. These could be sold through both credits and crystals, with exclusive skins reserved for crystals only to generate revenue. I have in the past and will in the future pay extra for in game customization options (Queen of blades wings for my diablo char is a good example).

Map Selection/Server Browser: This is a tricky one because if there is indeed skill based matchmaking it would be difficult to implement; however, I would like the ability to filter/search the maps I want to play, and also the ability to select the servers I wish to play on.

Chat/Communication: We need the in game chat to function during the postgame screens, it is very annoying having the match end and the chat gets cut off. It would also be nice to have in game team enabled voice comms.

Squads: The current squad system needs work… being assigned into a random squad every time you die is not an ideal recipe for team play success. Bring back static squads and allow squad leaders to assign objectives which if you play them would generate extra BP.

Replies

• Galactic Assault Maps: This is its own entire subsection, so I will discuss each map individually…

Kamino – I like this map a lot… first room can be an issue for an attacking team who doesn’t know how to flank, but that is their fault. In the 3rd stage, barracks I believe it is… the overtime mechanic wasn’t working correctly as the overtime would end even if there were attackers in the capture area. Not sure if this is still the case since last patch. For the final phase, I think the 2 hallways need to be spaced further apart… right now if the defense gets set, it is virtually impossible for the attackers to win as the ability to shift from one tunnel exit to the other involves walking like 10 meters. Either put them 2 tunnel exits into the final room on opposite sides of the room, or split them by level and have a tunnel exit underneath and one above to make defensive rotations more difficult. The key to win the final stage as attacks is to push to the final room on the first push, otherwise you will likely lose from 100 to 0.

Kashyyyk – This map is ok. In the 2nd stage in particular I think the launchers spawn too far away from where the MTT’s are… you have to pick them up and move them like 100 meters forward just to be in range of the MTT’s… doing this while under sniper, aircraft, and likely armor attack. I would recommend moving them closer together. Other than that the only real problems I have with this map are the propensity for it to bug out my audio and shut it off, and I seem to get the hero bug where I lose all hero abilities frequently on this map. Lastly, this map has multiple areas where a player can become stuck in the terrain for no reason and will have to force respawn. Another issue present on this map is spawn location… for example if you are defending and you have lost one objective… sometimes the game will spawn you on the side on which you already lost the objective making your run back to defend the other side really long. Once an objective is destroyed, that sides spawn location should be disabled.

Theed – I like this map a lot, I think it is well balanced and I like the mixture of open/closed spaces. If the attacking team has smart armor users, it is basically impossible to shoot rockets because no one attacks the armor… I think this could be fixed as I mentioned above by increasing the rewards exponentially for players attacking armor/planes.

Death Star 2 – One of my favorite maps… I love the classic environment, I love the multi-level construction of the various areas which allows for multiple unexpected attack vectors… well done on this map.

Endor – This map is ok… I think the biggest issue I have with it is again related to vehicles usage… where at/st’s can run amok as most players ignore them… again this could be fixed by increasing incentives to attack the armor. Also I wish orbital strike would work when you are in the AT/AT.

Mos Eisely – Love this map… classic environment, areas with multiple levels (stairs/rooftops etc) from which to flank and launch surprise attacks. Main issue I have is with the final objective… it is almost impossible to defend for the rebellion unless you have an all-star team and the other team is below average. I think this could be solved by moving the final rebel spawn point slightly closer to the final objective to give them a better shot at defending.

Yavin 4 – This map is ok… I don’t really have much issue with it aside from I think the final objective on the right side (if you were attacking) is a bit too easy to defend. Once a defense gets set in that room, the game is basically over (so take the right side first if you want to win). I would like to see at least one more pathway into the right side (if you are assaulting) to make it a bit harder to defend.

Hoth – I like Hoth a lot. I think it is a good mix of open/closed terrain. The main problem I have is getting constantly killed by aircraft… but again I think this could be fixed by increasing incentives for players to attack aircraft/tanks.

Starkiller Base – I dislike this map… I think it is too biased towards attackers in the early stages. The 2nd stage platform is nearly indefensible if the attacking team has even the slightest clue as to what to do, and they have undisputed air superiority on top of that. The defenders on the 2nd stage either need another route aside from the death stairs to get down to the objective… or their needs to be less ways for the attackers to get to the objective area. 1st and 3rd stages I’m ok with, but 2nd stage needs to be looked at.

Jakku – I dislike this map… this one is too biased towards the defenders… specifically the 3rd stage left objective (if I was attacking). If the left objective is set defensively, you will not take it as an attacker. The bottom path into the objective the defense has the high ground… on top of that the narrow path you have to go through has a roof on it so you can’t look up to shoot back, but they can shoot your lower body while you are running across… the other entrances again give the defense the high ground and are incredibly close to the defense spawn point… they basically just have to jump down and they are at the objective. The only way I have found to reliably win this stage is to storm the L side first as attackers and hope you get it on the first rush… if you don’t, or if you take the right side first, you are almost guaranteed a loss. The solution to this stage would be to create a 3rd way for the attackers to reach the left side objective… or to put some cover in front of the lower path so at least we can access the far left flanking route… otherwise this map is exceedingly difficult to assault. Also probably move the defensive spawn back slightly so they can’t just jump off some stairs and be in a defensive position.

Takodana – This map is ok… a lot of attacking teams have difficulty with taking the first stage… I have found that if I instruct my team to take the left flanking paths (the 2 dirt paths around the little sniper hill on the left side) that we almost guarantee a clear of the first objective rather quickly. If you control the left side, it allows for endless sweeping flanking of the objective area as well as cutting off 2 of the possible re-enforcement routes for the defense. The rest of the map is straight forward from there.
  • Ok, now that the maps are out of the way, let’s get to the heroes/villains and reinforcement units.

Aerial units: I don’t play these currently as I have found they are just not worth the BP. The weapons they use are underwhelming… the jetpack ability lacks much useful functionality, and their low health pool make them actually a downgrade from just playing my regular heavy trooper. I would say either give them more health/better weapons to improve them, or allow more control of the jetpack movements similar to a poor man’s Boba Fett.

Enforcers: I think it is an issue that the alliance/rebels get wookie warriors who are by far the best enforcers in the game on every single map, while the imperials are forced to use various random enforcers of differing usefulness depending on the map. Either buff all imperial enforcers so they are on the level of Wookie Warriors, or allow us to choose any enforcer we wish regardless of the map… or nerf wookies… whatever you guys prefer.

Wookie Warrior: These guys are incredible. They have a great mix of abilities and their abilities are all powerful… couple that with the ability to roll during overload and the cleave damage potential of the bowcaster, and they are by far the best enforcer… if you get a couple of them in a defensive position, you will not be taking the objective (Kamino final hallway is a good example). Oh, and their grenade is probably the best one on the game… these guys are better than some heroes/villains.
    Death Troopers: Not bad… overload is strong, health boost is nice… their grenade should be replaced with the same one that wookies use and they should also get the ability to roll during overload (I don’t think they can currently, but I can’t recall for sure). An improvement would be to make deathtrooper overload deal explosive splash damage to put in more on par with the wookies abilities vs saber block.
    B2 Super Battle Droid: Not bad again… like the use of the wrist rocket instead of a grenade… overload and health boost are good… but the lack of ability to roll makes them an absolute sitting duck for saber users. They need the ability to roll like the basic droids have. The same overload advice applies here… it should deal some explosive splash damage like bowcaster to make it useful against saber users… right now wookies are the only enforcer that can damage a saber user with saber block up.
    Flame Trooper: Not a bad choice per se, but due to their range they have very limited areas in which they are useful. Takodana castle is a good example of where they can really shine… overall I just think they are too situational.

Heroes/Villains thoughts:

Hero/Villain pricing: I dislike that the pricing is based upon whether the hero was present in that era or not… what this has led to is that on certain maps one team will have a huge advantage in having access to more powerful heroes sooner… good examples of this trend are Jakku and Takodana… on these maps, all of the best imperial villains are locked behind 8k of BP due to era restrictions, while the most powerful alliance heroes such as Rey, Finn, Leia etc… are locked behind 6k of BP… that is a huge advantage for the defense on those maps which already tend to favor the defense at various stages. Either all heroes/villains needs to have uniform pricing across maps, or all heroes/villains need to be of comparable power… If teams of equal skill are fighting over the memorial objective on takodana… and the defensive team gets Rey, while the offensive team is stuck with Kylo of Phasma… the defensive team is going to win 160% of the time.

Chewbacca: Chewbacca is in a weird place here… on paper he seems powerful, and he is apparently in modes like HvV… but in GA he is completely underwhelming. He has a slightly better bowcaster over the wookie warrior, but the wookie warrior has better secondary skills for GA as well as the ability to fully regen. The problem with Chewbacca is that in GA, without the ability to regen health, his charge ability is nearly useless unless you are trying to take significant damage. Basically, there is no reason to buy Chewbacca when a wookie warrior is arguably as good as he is in GA due to the differences in abilities. As long as Chewbacca does not have any healing ability, I will never be picking him in GA over a wookie warrior for at least half the cost.

Luke Skywalker: Luke has a problem… his problem is that his abilities do not synergize with what he is, or they don’t work well. He is a melee hero, and both of his specials work to push people away from him (and push/repulse are basically 2 versions of the same ability)… this is just bad design. On top of that, his rush ability is not animated smoothly and has a slight pause/hitch after each use. On top of all that, his lightsaber is weak on damage per strike compared to other saber users. My solutions to fix luke are these… Firstly he needs to have his per saber strike damage boosted by like 10 points a hit. Secondly, his rush animation needs to be smoothed out so it is seamless in the way the Maul and Yoda’s are. Thirdly, repulse should be removed and replaced with something else… my idea would be a new ability called “Force Deflection – For 6 seconds (20 second CD), saber block consumes no stamina. During this time, Luke reflects blaster fire back at his attacker with 100% accuracy”… that is how I would fix Luke.

Princess Leia: Princess Leia is incredible… she has great team synergy and a nice ability set which is good in almost any situation… top tier Hero for sure. Nothing to change with her.

Han Solo: Han has the same problem in GA that Chewbacca has… his shoulder charge ability puts him in harm’s way, while he has a low health pool and no way to heal. His detonate charge is a good ability… sharpshooter is OK, but the movement penalty is a bit extreme. Shoulder charge is just a bad ability for him with his current health pool and lack of regen. He either needs a way to regen some health, or he needs should charge replaced with a ranged ability… he is not worth picking in most circumstances in GA over the likes of Leia or Finn.

Rey: Rey is incredible… the best light side hero for sure. Her ability set is great against villains, it supports both herself and the team, and she has great mobility and the ability to heal and the strongest alliance saber hit in the game. Nothing to change with her.

Lando: I have played him a very limited amount, but in that time I found nothing remarkable about him to make him worth spending BP on in a GA match. Smoke grenade is a weak ability compared to other heroes’ abilities, and disabler is such a situational ability that it is largely useless in GA. Sharp Shot isn’t bad, but is not enough on its own to be worth using, and when coupled with lower health pool and lack of ability to heal… he isn’t a strong hero.

Yoda: Great hero, good mix of abilities and a nice twist on normal saber users with his force absorb rather than block. Only improvement I could make to Yoda would be to increase his jump height (he can’t jump high at all compared to others) & fix his force unleash so it handles terrain changed better… right now it can be completely nullified by even a tiny obstacle or change in level between Yoda and the target.

Boba Fett: Ok villain… was a bit better at launch, but now with the nerf to his rocket barrage coupled with his low health pool, lack of ability to heal, his long CD on his only high damage ability, and the ability of many classes and players to completely nullify his ability to fly (any explosive damage knocks him out of the air), he is just not a good choice for GA compared to other villains on the table.

Bossk: Great villain… good at defense, offense, long range, medium range, and even close range with the ability to heal and a high jump with extensive area denial abilities… what’s not to like?

Darth Vader: Incredible villain, can single handedly take and hold objectives amidst hails of blaster fire, and can 1v1 or even 1v2 or 3 groups of heroes if played correctly. Massive health pool, massive damage reduction and damage boost abilities with focused rage, and the strongest saber hit in the game along with a ranged saber throw which can kill multiple enemies… only area of vader I would improve is his force choke. The animation takes too long and if you use it in anything other than a 1v1 situation, you will likely get your health pool wrecked by other players who you didn’t catch in the choke, or who just evaded it by rolling or being behind a tiny piece of terrain. Fix force choke and vader is perfect.

Emperor Palpatine: The best villain/hero in the game currently after his recent buffs. Only issue with him is the slight delay introduced after using chain lightning before he can start channeling lighting again and his ability to fire lightning blindly through walls. He really only needed increased stamina in last patch, but the last buff did that and gave him insane health regen making him slightly too easy to play in my opinion. I would fix the delay after his chain lightning to make it seamless, but I would reduce the health he can regen by default from 300 to 200 (he already has the best healing in the game with chain lightning healing card). Also, I would fix his ability to shoot blindly through walls while keeping the sticky targeting ability of his lighting… so if you start channeling lightning while someone is in LOS and they move around a corner… lightning will keep hitting them, but I don’t think he should be able to just face a wall and shoot lightning blindly to the other side and melt targets.

Kylo Ren: Interesting concept, but poor execution. He is half Vader half maul, but without either of their strengths but with most their weaknesses… He has no healing ability or health buff ability, his per hit saber damage doesn’t seem great compared to say Vader or Rey, his mobility is not exceptional, but the nail in the coffin is that his signature ability Frenzy is almost completely useless… I have it fully upgraded to purple and I have seen every single frenzy attack miss… every single one. Not only that, but sometimes it won’t even work at all, just rushing you slightly forward rather than even engaging the ability. Kylo needs to have the ability to regenerate health, and his signature ability needs to actually work… right now, you are better off chasing down enemies and hitting them manually rather than using his signature attack… which is a shame.

Darth Maul: Great villain, his mobility and seamless transitions between spin attack make up for his lack of healing or health buff or block. His saber throw and choke are nice additions to his skillset and make him a fun character to play. No changes needed.

Iden Versio: Iden isn’t bad… the trouble is she is basically a glorified Enforcer as far as her impact is concerned. Her shield is useful for capturing objectives under enemy fire, but it only protects against some damage making it situational. Her droid stun does not work well in practice. She doesn’t have great mobility, pulse cannon is ok, but a bit cumbersome to use. The highlight of her is her TL50 blaster which his amazing… but she is just not good enough to be worth spending BP on over other options… bossk is better than her in every way if you want to play a blaster villain.

Finn: Great addition to the hero lineup… his Deadeye ability is really good (although I have had some bugs with it not locking on to targets), his “Big Deal” AOE health buff is amazing, and his squad cloaking and reveal enemy location ability is pretty solid. Only complaint I have with Finn is I wish he didn’t change weapons when using his cloaking ability… I prefer using the same weapon for consistency and changing to something else for this ability doesn’t seem like it really improves his gameplay experience.

Captain Phasma: One of the coolest looking villains in the game with a great self-health buff… that is about the only reason to spend BP on her currently. Her blaster is underwhelming, being less powerful than multiple blasters available to regular troopers. Her melee attack is largely useless, and her droid is situational at best (I have killed phasma so many times while she was standing right next to her droid and it never did anything). The cooldown ability of her blaster and its zoom reveal ability are her highlights… but when coupled with her poor special melee ability, and situational droid, a weak blaster, and no ability to heal damage… she is just not worth the BP. If I were to fix her, I would make the droid react quicker to enemies within its area… I would increase the speed, range, and area of effect of her staff ability, and I would increase her blaster damage.
  • All good points. The only one I disagree with is I don’t think the rolling mechanic should change - I just think that lightsabers that connect during roll should do SOME damage. Complete invincibility doesn’t make sense.
  • llboogiell wrote: »
    All good points. The only one I disagree with is I don’t think the rolling mechanic should change - I just think that lightsabers that connect during roll should do SOME damage. Complete invincibility doesn’t make sense.

I'm assuming the invincibility was some form of programming shortcut, hence why I suggested just increasing the internal CD lockout as that would be an easy change. Reduction in damage when a hit is made is fine too, but I think it would be exponentially harder to implement on the back end hit detection.
  • Vish121
    327 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    O'm on PS4 and I'm aware you're on PC.

Appreciate the time it's taken for you to type this out. I have just as many hours played if not more and I agree with practically everything although our favourite maps differ lol.

Key points to mention;

Maps:

Jakku 3rd left objective definitely needs a look at when attacking as that is seriously tough even when you have a good team

Endor and the AT/AT not being able to fire an orbital strike

StarKiller Base and the 2nd objective which you've labelled the death stairs lol. (I've sentenced many troopers to galactic **** with my A-Wing lol)

Tatooineand defending the last point needs a look at too

Reinforcements:

The wookies are seriously strong compared to their galactic counter parts. I wouldn't like to see a nerf but a buff to their said counter parts. Also for blaster heros, if fired upon buy a wookie they could block it but at an increased cost of stamina possibly only 2 shots or so could be blocked, just a suggestion.

Heros:

Firstly All hero's should have a re-gen card. I don't think anyone would argue against this?!

Han is terribly weak in GA and does need a look at.

Believe it or not I have not bought Luke for precisely the reasons you've stated. The lack of synergy in his abilities. An idea for repulse could be a pull and stun mechanic thus allowing for a follow up attack with rush.

Bobba needs a buff and his scan ability should automatically help out team members without the need for information sharing star card, this will be a direct counter to Rey.

Oh and the Hero announcement needs to be added back in. Why remove this? I and everyone else loved it, loved hearing the quotes from each character.
    Post edited by Vish121 on
  • Pretty good stuff, but not enough detail.
  • Wow, good feedback! Thanks for taking the time to write all that. Very well said and thought out! Hope the team looks into some of your suggestions. Especially the Hero announcement when they join. I loved when they talked as they joined the battle and now I am sad because it's not there.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

"Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • Wow, good feedback! Thanks for taking the time to write all that. Very well said and thought out! Hope the team looks into some of your suggestions. Especially the Hero announcement when they join. I loved when they talked as they joined the battle and now I am sad because it's not there.

Ya, i'm not sure why they removed that.

Also I should mention this feedback is based on PC.
  • Thank you for all of this feedback so far, I will make sure to pass it on to the team!

Keep it coming please!
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • That was a great post op. I've disagreed with you on other points, but mostly I agree. I disagree with the rolling thing too, I think it should do damage if you hit someone while rolling, even if a little less and I absolutely agree that all aoe attacks should affect people, rolling or not, within their range. I also think the Wookiee warriors are too strong, even better than some heroes, like you suggested, and that the jakku third objective is a little too toughen given the literal "high ground buff" that the resistance has.

I also want to add that phasma's glint makes no sense whilst aiming down, given that her gun has a long TTK at further ranges and gives away her position. When she already has a dot on the map and her accuracy is poor for the first few shots it really doesn't make sense to give her a glint. Also saber strikes, as op posted, have to be faster and deal damage faster. Right now is a pretty starting ability, even when you think you're close enough.

Overall great post
  • IronSoldier
    3991 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited December 2017
    When you say load times? What platform/setup do you have... Im on PC with an SSD and don't even experience map loading half the time.

[Edit] You're on PC. Must be game on HDD?
  • Also, again, agreeing with op, orbital strike work on Endor and a slight buff to the at-at primary weapon should be in order. Right now it takes 5:6 shots, even on hoth as well, to kill an enemy unit. I don't want a monster of destruction, but three shots should be enough to kill a heavy IMO from an at-at
  • @t3hBar0n

Nice feedback. I admittedly didn't read everything. Just the hero stuff, which is spot on for the most part. I must say, I'm always confused as to why people think Phasma's blaster is weak. I assume it's only considered weak in GA, which I'm not sure I agree with. I need to play with her more in GA, but Palpatine is just so much fun.

In HvV, I'm somewhat untouchable with Phasma and I find her blaster more than sufficient. If a hero steps into the droid, they're dead. If they're out in the open, I find the blaster deals significant enough damage to at least let my teammates have a very easy kill while it's cooling.

Her staff, of course, leaves a ton to be desired. It is in no way helpful and leaves you very vulnerable. It's very difficult to land a blow, even when the enemy is stunned and they're only inches away from you. I'm trying to complete all milestones and I don't see how I can ever finish that one if no changes are made to the staff. In the extremely rare instances that I've landed all three blows, they never actually killed the enemy. So like you said, it definitely needs increases to speed, damage and range.
  • Great write up. I am getting close to 100 hours and agree on all the above.

I would add:

Do something for star fighters in GA killing infantry, it is too much. Take away the amount of battle points for killing infantry from the air, or increase by a huge amount the battle points for ground troops to shoot down the fighters, add missiles or other ground to air weapons that will work at ranges from close to across the map. Need options here, including remove the air fighters, that is way SA is for.

Team balance: Turn back on team scrambling after every match or round (including parties) so that teams are balanced out based on recent games of the same type for objective points and eliminations/kills/deaths/battle points, etc. Way too lopsided currently.

Fix the progression by crafting parts instead of credits: Let dupes give crafting parts instead of more but mostly useless credits. Example: I get a dupe star card from a Hero create, it is a low level and I get 40 crafting parts for it. Doing that lets me go create a different star card of my choice, and up from there. Or I can save the parts to upgrade a different star card.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    When you say load times? What platform/setup do you have... Im on PC with an SSD and don't even experience map loading half the time.

This is on a PC... some hardware is a bit older but it is still relatively high end performance wise as I have it overclocked... once the game is loaded I have no problems playing everything on Ultra settings.

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
    CPU: Core i5-4670k manually overclocked to 4.5ghz
    Primary HD: Samsung 840 EVO ssd 500gb
    Memory: 32 gb of G Skill DDR3-1068 manually overclocked to 2136 mhz with 10-11-11-34 timing
    GPU: MSI Sea Hawk liquid cooled GTX1080 manually overclocked to 2138 mhz.

Load times between maps tend to load slowly, as well as quitting a game and getting back to main menu can take forever.

• When you say load times? What platform/setup do you have... Im on PC with an SSD and don't even experience map loading half the time.

[Edit] You're on PC. Must be game on HDD?

I'm on PC with the game on my HDD as well (it's over 60 GB for god's sake) and the load times are extremely long. But when I check task manager it barely uses my disk at all until at the very end of the loading screen. Must be some kind of bug..
  • IronSoldier
    3991 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

This on a PC... some hardware is a bit older but it is still high end performance wise as I have it overclocked.

Memory: 32 gb of G Skill DDR3-1068 manually overclocked to 2136 mhz with 10-11-11-34 timing
    GPU: MSI Sea Hawk GTX1080 manually overclocked to 2138 mhz.

Load times between maps tend to load slowly, as well as quitting a game and getting back to main menu can take forever.

Is the game on the SSD or a hard drive not listed there?

When going from one round of GA to the next what time on the countdown clock does it get to before you can continue?
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

This on a PC... some hardware is a bit older but it is still high end performance wise as I have it overclocked.

When going from one round of GA to the next what time on the countdown clock does it get to before you can continue?

Just double checked, origin games are saved and launched from the SSD. Sometimes the countdown will completely end and it will restart with another like minute 38 second countdown before I will load in... and when I do finally load in the game frequently has already started and i'm stuck suiciding an assault trooper so I can respawn as a heavy.
  • I’ll admit I got half way through this before I took a nap. That being said, just awaking, I agree with most of it except maps. I find it’s more of a team balancing issue. Star killer base is 50/50 even with the death stairs, I’ve had some awesome matches on this map, though Jakku is a team balance issue as well. The most annoying is vehicle maps when it’s not balanced and the objectives to shoot are heavily guarded. Also keep in mind the more that is added to the game such as chat, which in game at least have the option to turn it off as my 7 yr old plays this, server lists and player stats, etc. the more code that is required hence longer loading times as everyone has to connect to each other around the world. Other than that I’m good, I’m on ps4 so there’s obviously differences but besides a few tweaks the game has tons of potential. I heard the devs were silenced but in heinsight a “we’re aware” would be nice, after all its game sales (players) is the majority of their revenue and their paychecks. So maybe this will get through.
  • Terrific post OP. That is without a doubt the best thought out and set out post I've seen so far on these forums!

• Very good post. I have played with you a number of times, and I know that you know your stuff.

That left point on Jakku drives me nuts. The incline leading up to it is so hard to fight on and is so disadvantageous for the FO team. I dread that phase every game when playing FO. Your team can be steamrolling up to that point and then hit a brick wall and lose.

Also, good points about the Aerial troopers. I have found them to be underwhelming too. They are far too squishy for the points, and their weapons are not that impressive. They do have a good side-dash, but their other jetpack abilities are not all that useful since you cannot control them.

And yes, please buff the non-Wookie enforcers.
  • Szavwa
    226 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for taking the time on this, OP. I mostly agree with every point but would differ and elaborate on a few things:

Overtime mechanic- I go back and forth on this one. I think traditional BF cap mechanics are better in modes like conquest because of spawn-on-squad.

Squads- Static squads are going to be a lot easier to implement in conquest/supremacy than GA. I guess I could see static squads in GA, but I bet we would have a lot more idling waiting for fellow squad-mates without squad spawn. GA strikes me as a more fast-paced, linear, and arcadey mode than conquest (would be). I may be wrong.

Boba Fett- EE3 should have slightly reduced spread and, as Vish121 said, his scan should auto-share with the team for a Rey counter.

Luke- :heart: your idea for replacing repulse, but I would also like to see push reworked as a kind of force divide where you pick up players in the cone and throw them away from each other to the left and right. It would set him apart as a force user and confuse enemy placement/ setup.

I agree with everything else. Hope you do a SA write-up sometime!

• Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Great write up. I am getting close to 100 hours and agree on all the above.

I would add:

Do something for star fighters in GA killing infantry, it is too much. Take away the amount of battle points for killing infantry from the air, or increase by a huge amount the battle points for ground troops to shoot down the fighters, add missiles or other ground to air weapons that will work at ranges from close to across the map. Need options here, including remove the air fighters, that is way SA is for.

Team balance: Turn back on team scrambling after every match or round (including parties) so that teams are balanced out based on recent games of the same type for objective points and eliminations/kills/deaths/battle points, etc. Way too lopsided currently.

Fix the progression by crafting parts instead of credits: Let dupes give crafting parts instead of more but mostly useless credits. Example: I get a dupe star card from a Hero create, it is a low level and I get 40 crafting parts for it. Doing that lets me go create a different star card of my choice, and up from there. Or I can save the parts to upgrade a different star card.

I agree, I mean I love this game but every time I get fed up and think about quitting the game.. every single time is because of the state of vehicles in GA, not only starfighters but even fully epic decked armor vehicles are impossible to take out and this really bothers me. Plus how every match whoever uses vehicles the most will have a guaranteed early hero if they want to and top 5 end game score always goes to those vehicle players. Makes playing infantry kinda redundant.

Every single map apart from Takodana and Death Star 2 it's always the same story, same dudes always get into the vehicles and top the scores all the time with little to no challenge.

Attacking teams with access to AT-ST's wrecking uncontested most matches, it's a rare sight to see a defending team actually coordinating to take down an enemy vehicle. Some maps the defending team doesn't even have options. What was the point in increasing the amount of tickets for the attacking team when most times it's not even needed with so much attacking vehicle wrecking on the objectives. Not to mention the obscenity of vehicles shooting through walls and roofs with all that splash damage, can't even survive with cover.
  • @t3hBar0n

Mad respect bud. It's good to have more educated players giving constructive criticism for the game. I have about 400-500 hours aswell. When I get some time, I'll finish reading the the rest of the post.
  • Vish121 wrote: »

Appreciate the time it's taken for you to type this out. I have just as many hours played if not more and I agree with practically everything although our favourite maps differ lol.

Key points to mention;

Maps:

Jakku 3rd left objective definitely needs a look at when attacking as that is seriously tough even when you have a good team

StarKiller Base and the 2nd objective which you've labelled the death stairs lol. (I've sentenced many troopers to galactic **** with my A-Wing lol)

Reinforcements:

The wookies are seriously strong compared to their galactic counter parts. I wouldn't like to see a nerf but a buff to their said counter parts. Also for blaster heros, if fired upon buy a wookie they could block it but at an increased cost of stamina possibly only 2 shots or so could be blocked, just a suggestion.

Heros:

Firstly All hero's should have a re-gen card. I don't think anyone would argue against this?!

Believe it or not I have not bought Luke for precisely the reasons you've stated. The lack of synergy in his abilities. An idea for repulse could be a pull and stun mechanic thus allowing for a follow up attack with rush.

Bobba needs a buff and his scan ability should automatically help out team members without the need for information sharing star card, this will be a direct counter to Rey.

Oh and the Hero announcement needs to be added back in. Why remove this? I and everyone else loved it, loved hearing the quotes from each character.
    Vish121 wrote: »

Key points to mention;

Maps:

Reinforcements:

Heros:

I like this Wookie stamina drain idea
  • Rok73
    583 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    llboogiell wrote: »
    All good points. The only one I disagree with is I don’t think the rolling mechanic should change - I just think that lightsabers that connect during roll should do SOME damage. Complete invincibility doesn’t make sense.

Invincibility makes no sense at all either. A light saber hit is a lightsaber hit, either if you’re walking or rolling or sleeping or eating. Same with force attacks.

Another word on force attacks: it’s not like that as a hero you have an infinite area where said attack counts. If you’re inside this area as an opposing trooper while it takes place then yeah, you’re dead. That is the most stupid game mechanic ever as it is at the moment.

As a hero, you might think you’re amidst the balls on a snooker table with all that rolling. It’s ridic.
    @T0TALfps
    I recently passed 400 hours played in this game and as such I decided to compile what I think would be all the constructive feedback I can regarding the current state of the game. This is not meant to bash DICE, merely to provide them with feedback on issues I have had in my time in game. All of this feedback is based exclusively on my personal gameplay… which consists of only galactic assault mode and heavy trooper/hero gameplay. I have had to break this up into sections because according to the forum the "Body is 4016 characters too long." lol

Lag: Lag is much improved from previous patch, but still remains an issue at times, particularly in early game when players are still loading in. These leads to rubberbanding and is frustrating.
    Team Balance: Games will frequently begin with one team vastly outnumbering the other team… it appears that the requisite players required to start a match is not team specific… so if you have 15 players on 1 team and 5 on another, that would trigger the game to start. This a large problem on maps like Takodana where if the attacking team outnumbers the defending team, they will take the first point quickly and the game is basically over then, even if the defending team eventually fills up. Please make it so each team has to have X number of players before the game can start.

Load Times: Load times for the game (and unloading back to main menu) remain very slow for some reason. This is particularly problematic between games as it can lead to you not loading in until the game is already underway, which again creates problems on maps where the original rush can determine the outcome of the game… also the long load times mean you may be force loaded with the wrong class or card setup.

Default Classes: Please allow us to select our own default class. I am tired of loading into a game (long load time) and being force loaded into an assault trooper who I then have to suicide in order to select the heavy class which is what I play.

Team Shuffle: Please re-instate (I think it was in game before) the team shuffle after each map. Right now a good team who is winning will keep stomping through games (and the players will stay because they are winning), while the losing team will keep losing players and refilling with new ones basically until the good team finally gets bored.

Matchmaking: Team shuffle/Team Balance should take into account the relative skill levels of the players in the game and make attempts to shift them from side to side so they are equally matched… this is not happening currently.
    Statistic Tracking: Implement the standard analytics tracking which is found in other games of this genre.

Multiple load outs: Allow for multiple star card loadouts for each of the basic classes… for example when I pick heavy, I should have the ability to then select between a couple of different saved star card loadouts rather than having to manually go in and change my star cards when I want to switch from say anti-vehicle to anti-infantry… or if I am switching between assault and defense

Hero/Villain announcements: Bring back the little announcement in the top right corner when a hero/villain arrived… there would be a little box with say Darth Mauls head and he would say something over comms when he joined the battle… this was a cool feature which was removed for some reason.

Vehicles in GA (Armor & Aircraft): On maps where one team has vehicles and the other does not, those phases are incredibly difficult for the defenders if the vehicles users are in any way competent… good examples would be Crait and Kashyyyk and Naboo where one side gets tanks. I don’t think the problem is related to a lack of ability to kill vehicles, rather the incentive for defenders to kill vehicles is not good. I have loaded my heavy with an ion torpedo and supercharged sentry, snuck up on an at/st, done like 70% of his life in damage before he killed me, and then gotten like 200bp for my efforts. I don’t think vehicles need to be nerfed, and I don’t think anti vehicle weapons need to be buffed, rather I think the BP generated for attacking tanks/planes needs to be increased exponentially to make it more attractive for random players to attack them. Right now, if I attack a vehicle, I know I am going to probably die as it is easy for the vehicle to tell where it is being hit from, and they have basically unlimited range… and on top of that I’m barely going to get any points for attacking said vehicle… this leads to most players simply ignoring vehicles while trying to earn BP, and leads to vehicles just running amok. Increase the amount of BP generated for attacking vehicles/aircraft to say the levels you get for attacking exposed MTT’s, and I think that would balance them out nicely.

Heavy Class: I think the heavy class is pretty well balanced currently. I think ion turret needs to have its range against troopers significantly reduced (I am tired of getting locked on from 200+ meters away) and I wish there was an ion anti-vehicle version of the sentry ability available for specific anti-vehicle duty. I don’t have a problem with supercharged sentry (although many do) as it is easy to avoid and significantly limits your mobility while in use. There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler… the return on investment is just too small to ever be worth using them.

Rolling: The ability to immune force powers with roll needs to be fixed… simple as that. As far as rolling vs lightsaber swings, I’m fine with it as is (if you time your swings correctly, you can bait out the rolls and then smash the roller when it is on internal CD)… I wouldn’t be averse though to potentially increasing the internal CD for troopers after consecutive rolls by say 1 second (it feels like it is a 2 second delay currently)… I would leave hero/villains roll/dash internal CD’s alone.

Overtime Mechanics: I currently like the overtime/secure mechanics for the current GA game mode; however, I would like to see the traditional capture mechanics used in most battlefield games implemented for conquest mode.

Conquest Mode: Please make this happen with the traditional battlefield capture mechanics… would love it.

Progression System: Get rid of the loot boxes and simplify the progression system. Allow crafting parts to be purchased with either credits or crystals (re-enable the ability to buy crystals through Origin)… crafting parts are then used to buy and upgrade star cards… done. Allow certain customization options to be purchased with credits, and others to be purchased only with crystals (allowing crystals to be used to buy crafting parts directly and certain customization options will generate revenue to pay for future content without the “gambling” implication which many associated with loot boxes). I am against changing the reward from duplicate start cards in loot boxes from credits to crafting parts, because I would rather see loot boxes scrapped entirely.

Customization: Implement extensive cosmetic loadout customization through the use of skins/models for players/weapons etc. These could be sold through both credits and crystals, with exclusive skins reserved for crystals only to generate revenue. I have in the past and will in the future pay extra for in game customization options (Queen of blades wings for my diablo char is a good example).

Map Selection/Server Browser: This is a tricky one because if there is indeed skill based matchmaking it would be difficult to implement; however, I would like the ability to filter/search the maps I want to play, and also the ability to select the servers I wish to play on.

Chat/Communication: We need the in game chat to function during the postgame screens, it is very annoying having the match end and the chat gets cut off. It would also be nice to have in game team enabled voice comms.

Squads: The current squad system needs work… being assigned into a random squad every time you die is not an ideal recipe for team play success. Bring back static squads and allow squad leaders to assign objectives which if you play them would generate extra BP.

I was able to read through this first section. I agree on basically everything you have stated. The only thing that I disagree with is your assessment of the SCG. Even though the SCG is easily avoidable, it dictates the game on certain maps. For instance, if I use SCG on Kamino (on defense), the enemy team cannot enter through that door until it CDs. If I time this right with another teammate, we can lock an entire door off.

The SCG also needs a reduction in point accumulation when attacking walkers. I find myself easily getting 6K+ by shooting at the walker twice...

This is what I'd do to nerf the SCG:
    1. Increase CD by +5 seconds (22 seconds now).
    2. Reduce point accumulation while shooting at Walkers (MTT/ATAT).
    3. Reduce damage while shooting at Heroes by X.
  • Great post op, the rolling definitely need to be looked at.

Just double checked, origin games are saved and launched from the SSD. Sometimes the countdown will completely end and it will restart with another like minute 38 second countdown before I will load in... and when I do finally load in the game frequently has already started and i'm stuck suiciding an assault trooper so I can respawn as a heavy.

I’m on SSD on PC. Here’s the thing - if I’m not in a party, I load to the next round when the counter is between 30-40 seconds left. If I’m in a party with certain (not all) friends, it will do what you describe above.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Just tested Kamino... barracks is still bugged, game ended overtime even though we had 4 people capturing barracks obj.
  • Zinjo2017
    607 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The weapons need work.

The CR-2 is great for Blast and even Strike, but the Ion Shot is a pointless upgrade unless it is an Alt-Fire weapon and does more damage against battle droids, then it would have a purpose. As it currently is, I never equip the gun with it since it nerfs my shots against infantry and I almost never have occasion to use it against vehicles or shields.

The EL-16HFE is a useless upgrade out of the box. The recoil and slow rate of fire make it useless as an assault weapon. Add the shoulder stock and barrel extension you have an assault sniper rifle with less range than a Specialist weapon, but useless in close quarters. Either increase the rate of fire or damage to make this a worthwhile upgrade weapon (perhaps slow the ROF to the current rate when the scope is used, but increase it when shot from the hip). Otherwise just leave it open as an unlocked gun to play and find out how many players "don't" use it.

On maps like Outpost Delta more anti-vehicle weapons should be made available to the Rebel side. BF1 had anti-vehicle turrets that were helpful.

CAN WE REDUCE THE SIZE OF THE KILL ANNOUNCE AND PERHAPS MOVE IT TO THE TOP OF THE SCREEN? Your kill announcement should not interfere with your ability to see the battle while it is happening.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    The weapons need work.

The CR-2 is great for Blast and even Strike, but the Ion Shot is a pointless upgrade unless it is an Alt-Fire weapon and does more damage against battle droids, then it would have a purpose. As it currently is, I never equip the gun with it since it nerfs my shots against infantry and I almost never have occasion to use it against vehicles or shields.

The EL-16HFE is a useless upgrade out of the box. The recoil and slow rate of fire make it useless as an assault weapon. Add the shoulder stock and barrel extension you have an assault sniper rifle with less range than a Specialist weapon, but useless in close quarters. Either increase the rate of fire or damage to make this a worthwhile upgrade weapon (perhaps slow the ROF to the current rate when the scope is used, but increase it when shot from the hip). Otherwise just leave it open as an unlocked gun to play and find out how many players "don't" use it.

On maps like Outpost Delta more anti-vehicle weapons should be made available to the Rebel side. BF1 had anti-vehicle turrets that were helpful.

CAN WE REDUCE THE SIZE OF THE KILL ANNOUNCE AND PERHAPS MOVE IT TO THE TOP OF THE SCREEN? Your kill announcement should not interfere with your ability to see the battle while it is happening.

I cant really comment on weapons other than heavy... for heavy the starting blaster sucks, the 2nd one is a good balanced blaster, the 3rd is slower firing harder hitting, and the last one is rapid fire close range... i think heavy weapons are well balanced and you can pick what you like to suit your playstyle.
  • bump for more feedback from other players
  • You played like 9 hours per day everyday since release?... i wish i have that kind if free time in my hand
  • This is a great post with alot of agreeable feedback kudos OP.
  • Decent points, but I don't think that increasing points for attacking armour would change much. I play armour "a lot" and players who shoot the front of the vehicle honestly don't achieve anything.

- the AT-RT needs a bit of a buff. It feels like this should be a an "anti-tank vehicle", but it doesn't really work in any role. (you can sometimes flank with it and kill the armour unit.. but it is fairly fragile and useless otherwise).
    - all of the "offensive" starcards for armor units are useless. Players use "more health + healing + armour" instead.
    - the heavy's rocket launcher is awe-inspiringly terrible, and the ion turret only really kills infantry.
    - when you kill an armour unit, it usually respawns instantly with the same driver. This doesn't feel right.

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, the LAAT is underperforming (it dies to 4-5 AAT shots) and starfighters are very good against armour (but don't usually get involved).
  • forsa6200 wrote: »
    You played like 9 hours per day everyday since release?... i wish i have that kind if free time in my hand

You can too, just work for yourself! (also some of that time was afk/alt tabbed time, but that is my hours played in Origin)
    dumbo wrote: »
    Decent points, but I don't think that increasing points for attacking armour would change much. I play armour "a lot" and players who shoot the front of the vehicle honestly don't achieve anything.

- the AT-RT needs a bit of a buff. It feels like this should be a an "anti-tank vehicle", but it doesn't really work in any role. (you can sometimes flank with it and kill the armour unit.. but it is fairly fragile and useless otherwise).
    - all of the "offensive" starcards for armor units are useless. Players use "more health + healing + armour" instead.
    - the heavy's rocket launcher is awe-inspiringly terrible, and the ion turret only really kills infantry.
    - when you kill an armour unit, it usually respawns instantly with the same driver. This doesn't feel right.

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, the LAAT is underperforming (it dies to 4-5 AAT shots) and starfighters are very good against armour (but don't usually get involved).

I based that suggestion on my group play experience. When playing solo you are correct, facing armor is largely useless; however when I played with a group of 4 on voice comms, we blew up like 8 at-st walkers defending Crait with little difficulty using the tools already available in game and proper spacing... this is why I think it is an incentive problem and not a tool availability problem. I wouldn't mind more tools though... particulalry improving the heavy ion rocket to work well against aircraft.
  • Don't really agree with your hero balancing feedback because I play more HvV than GA, but everything else is reasonable.
    I wish there was an ion anti-vehicle version of the sentry ability available for specific anti-vehicle duty. I don’t have a problem with supercharged sentry (although many do) as it is easy to avoid and significantly limits your mobility while in use. There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler
    I guess you find the mobile star card useless (or way worse than the SCS or even the normal sentry). IMO it would be nice if they change it to an ion sentry as you've said that would do the same DPS to infantry as the mobile but higher DPS to vehicles than SCS.
    There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler
    My main class is officer/specialist but I play assault and heavy on some maps phases and the fact that 50% of the star cards are completely worthless happens on all the troopers.

Also something I didn't like about the progression system is having to upgrade/buy cards that I have no reason to use just to be able to upgrade to epic the cards I want (which is more obvious on heroes and starships).

I also think heroes should be balanced around Rey/Vader/Yoda/Maul which are the ones that are on a good spot like you said, without being OP (maybe insight's cards on rey should be tweaked a bit).

+1 on Conquest.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Victor94 wrote: »
    I wish there was an ion anti-vehicle version of the sentry ability available for specific anti-vehicle duty. I don’t have a problem with supercharged sentry (although many do) as it is easy to avoid and significantly limits your mobility while in use. There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler
    I guess you find the mobile star card useless (or way worse than the SCS or even the normal sentry). IMO it would be nice if they change it to an ion sentry as you've said that would do the same DPS to infantry as the mobile but higher DPS to vehicles than SCS.
    There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler
    My main class is officer/specialist but I play assault and heavy on some maps phases and the fact that 50% of the star cards are completely worthless happens on all the troopers.

Also something I didn't like about the progression system is having to upgrade/buy cards that I have no reason to use just to be able to upgrade to epic the cards I want (which is more obvious on heroes and starships).

I also think heroes should be balanced around Rey/Vader/Yoda/Maul which are the ones that are on a good spot like you said, without being OP (maybe insight's cards on rey should be tweaked a bit).

+1 on Conquest.

I agree with not having to purchase cards you don't need just to unlock epic crafting... they should just remove the level lock requirements for crafting epic cards... interestingly they seemed to have done that with Finn, as I was able to craft his first epic card when he was still like level 14.
  • SSJSnoop
    2342 posts Member
    It's pretty gross that you accepted this horrible progression system and grinded 400hrs in 1 month.

Sickening.

DICE, fix your game.
  • If there was Only ONE thing I could change on BF2....
    The sight picture.
    I found it much easier to shoot through sight picture on BF 2015. Both on ground with a soldier and in the sky with aerial vehicle.
    I find in BF2 that I am having to constantly go into settings and change the color depending on the map I am fighting on and the Ariel vehicle the sights were much easier to see in BF2015.
  • dumbo
    112 posts Member
    I based that suggestion on my group play experience. When playing solo you are correct, facing armor is largely useless; however when I played with a group of 4 on voice comms, we blew up like 8 at-st walkers defending Crait with little difficulty using the tools already available in game and proper spacing... this is why I think it is an incentive problem and not a tool availability problem. I wouldn't mind more tools though... particulalry improving the heavy ion rocket to work well against aircraft.

True, but I'm not sure that players are actually that reward-oriented. Playing objectives is incredibly rewarding in battlefront 2, but I'm not sure that players actually play the objectives for the BP.

I don't think it's a lack of motivation, but a lack of results. But I wouldn't have a problem with more points (although that would probably mean that an armor-driver would get more BPs for killing AT-RTs and speeders?).
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Don't really agree with your hero balancing feedback because I play more HvV than GA, but everything else is reasonable.

Ya, I can't comment on HvV because I don't play it... but I am sure there is a different force paradigm there compared to GA.
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    It's pretty gross that you accepted this horrible progression system and grinded 400hrs in 1 month.

Sickening.

DICE, fix your game.

I didn't "grind" anything... I played a "game" that I like playing... if there was 0 progression to be had, I would have played probably the same amount. If you view it as a "grind", you should probably find another game to play. Or... you can keep engaging in bruxism due to your apparent anger at the current system in place.
    dumbo wrote: »

True, but I'm not sure that players are actually that reward-oriented. Playing objectives is incredibly rewarding in battlefront 2, but I'm not sure that players actually play the objectives for the BP.

I don't think it's a lack of motivation, but a lack of results. But I wouldn't have a problem with more points (although that would probably mean that an armor-driver would get more BPs for killing AT-RTs and speeders?).

Idk, I think the goal of most players is to play heroes... and they will do whatever they can to accumulate points the fastest towards that goal... at least I hope that is the case.
  • dumbo wrote: »
    Decent points, but I don't think that increasing points for attacking armour would change much. I play armour "a lot" and players who shoot the front of the vehicle honestly don't achieve anything.

FYI, loading screen tool tips say shooting an AT-ST under it's cannon deals most damage (as well as its rear). So you can still deal ok damage from the front, it's just riskier. Iunno about AAT, hopefully it's the same.
    NeoX
  • KrewZi
    206 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Great post t3hBar0n

I'm at 330hrs

I pretty much agree with what you said. My thought's

Lag: When i get lag now it's a surprise. Hardly ever happens since patch.

Load Times: Don't have this issue. How ever the odd time loading the game there would be large cpu spikes when loading map or opening loot boxes. causes major lag but once in game for a minute it comes right.

Default Classes: i play all classes but generally stick with same class on side of map. this would be good change.

Team Shuffle: concurr Please re-instate

Statistic Tracking: yes

Multiple load outs: yes

Hero/Villain announcements: yes

Vehicles in GA (Armor & Aircraft): This point stands out for me the most. They are a big problem for troopers. I like your idea of recieving a lot of battle points for taking them out. Troopers should have option to take out air craft as well. Also air craft should recieve a lot less battle points. I see the same people abusing air craft in ga wiping out so many troopers, controling the skies, receiving so many battle points and getting hero's early and owning troopers on the ground. You satisfy the few and anger the many with this set up.

Heavy Class: I actually don't mind the ion turret range. To me it's like being tickled by blaster as your running. Does damage but your still in the fight.

Rolling: lightsabers need to hit rollers

Progression System: loot boxes are a bad experience in terms of being tied into progression. What a disaster. Just let us get cards based on choice not rng.

Customization: hell yeah. these mods are awesome. need it to be official

Chat/Communication: yes yes yes. why havn't you fixed this...omg

Squads: There's a real disconect having squads who can't talk to each other. The hole squad thing is tricky tbh. I was thinking squads need to be formed from the same place they died on the map. they have gained info from that area. but if i respawn and the other area is in trouble i'll run over there so....yeah

Galactic Assault Maps:
    Kamino – yes agreed
    Kashyyyk – yes agreed
    Theed – yes agreed
    Death Star 2 – yes agreed
    Endor – yes agreed
    Mos Eisely – yes agreed
    Yavin 4 – yes agreed
    Hoth – yes agreed
    Starkiller Base – It's hard to say with the team imbalance. I've dominated on both sides and been dominated on both sides. I've played in a team where we keept attackers in spawn. I've played in a team where we steam rolled right to the end. I've seen some great strategic set ups on this map.
    Jakku – yes agreed for the most part. If defenders lock down 3rd stage left (attackers left) it's hard to take unless attackers have good co-ordination and palps. I was an officer with this other officer and we did the double bubble side by side and a bunch of us ran far left. We weren't a group either.
    Takodana – I've been in so many attacking teams where we were locked out of first stage. I tried your trick and got a bunch of us to go left and we took it. I've only tried it once so not sure if we had a better team.

Aerial units: I like the poor man’s Boba Fett idea. But i don't play them to know how good their abilities are. I do get owned by them so in the right hands they seem great.
    Enforcers: yes agreed
    Wookie Warrior: yes agreed
    Death Troopers: yes agreed
    B2 Super Battle Droid: yes agreed
    Flame Trooper: No experience with them but situation-ally they seem amazing.
    Post edited by KrewZi on
  • Hero/Villain pricing: yes agreed
    Chewbacca: yes agreed
    Luke Skywalker: yes agreed
    Princess Leia: she owns on crate
    Han Solo: yes agreed
    Rey: one of my favourites
    Lando: he's ok, finn way better.
    Yoda: yes agreed
    Boba Fett: don't play him much but seen some cool strats with him in ga.
    Bossk: one of my favourites
    Darth Vader: He is so powerful in the right hands. i'd like to get good with him
    Emperor Palpatine: one of my favourites
    Kylo Ren: Done some cool freezes with him. I dont have your frenzy attack issue.
    Darth Maul: Again very powerful in the right hands. i'd like to get good with him
    Iden Versio: yes agreed
    Finn: one of my favourites
    Captain Phasma: her blaster recoil control is amazing after a second or two of spray. Her staff is absolutely horrendous. It's so bad it's funny.... i mean what the hell?
  • KrewZi
    206 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's some other points that come to mind

pc:
    responsiveness of result after game. It's feels sluggish moving between tabs.

GA

objective indicators start backwards at re-spawn

deploy of turret,shield etc can take 2-3 attempts

assault toughen up ability can take 2-3 attempts to work. Same with finns dead eye.

chat delay. again a responsiveness issue. Having to wait to type always catches me out because chat platforms are always quick and responsive. Take origins tech support chat for example, it's quick and responsive. It's so strange you have this delay in the chat.

SA

low reward for doing objective

star ship turret red indicators. please make it different colour to separate it from star fighters.

• KrewZi wrote: »
    Here's some other points that come to mind

pc:
    responsiveness of result after game. It's feels sluggish moving between tabs.

GA

objective indicators start backwards at re-spawn

deploy of turret,shield etc can take 2-3 attempts

assault toughen up ability can take 2-3 attempts to work. Same with finns dead eye.

chat delay. again a responsiveness issue. Having to wait to type always catches me out because chat platforms are always quick and responsive. Take origins tech support chat for example, it's quick and responsive. It's so strange you have this delay in the chat.

SA

low reward for doing objective

star ship turret red indicators. please make it different colour to separate it from star fighters.

What? You do get cards based on choice. The crafting points let you choose which one you want.
  • Don't agree with the map details, entirely (I would take Jakku over Theed any day), but in general the feedback from the OP is spot on.