criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Iden Versio needs improvement! (Detailed)

I think Iden is an awesome character to play. Never really thought blasters would be more fun than saber's for a change.
But the fun falls short because of her underwhelming abilities & capability to stay alive and challenge her foes. Now I REALLY want to have fun with her like I do with Han and Bossk, so I came up with this thread to come up with idea's to increase her effectiveness on the battlefront.
Every bit of this text has a purpose, so read this very carefully & wisely.

________________________________________________________________________________

But first lets talk about the problems I've been running into with her.
While also talking about how these problems can be remedied.

I've played enough of this hero to know the mistakes I can make & enough to know when their is a problem.
  • Emote Issue: Her emotes don't work for some reason, I'm not really sure why, please fix this ASAP please, thanks.
  • I really like her gun, but my only complaint about this is how weak it sounds, it sounds like a toy I'd buy at Kmart. You'd think they would give the face of this game a unique sounding blaster but it sounds just like the regular one the heavy trooper has.
    When I fire this blaster I want to feel POWERFUL, I get the feeling when I damage someone but not when I -Listen- to the blaster damaging that guy.
    I like how they made Lando's blaster sound cool and unique in the last game compared to the infantry variant, why not this game?
  • Shield Problem: All types of splash damage can pierce through the shield, which includes Bowcastors from the Wookiee warrior and Chewbacca, grenades, super charge sentry, and vehicles like the Starfighters.
  • Pulse Cannon needs serious work: She cant sprint with the pulse cannon & the pulse cannon as a whole just slows her down a ton. It takes way to long to fire & it cant 1 hit heavy units unless it's a head shot. It's effectiveness against heroes is pathetic. It's only good on long range maps like Kashyyyk & Endor.

Her Pulse Cannon Mastery and Hot Swap star cards are utterly worthless. Why in the world would I ever use Hot Swap when I literally get the pulse cannon back in just a few very short seconds? The Mastery card is just horrendous, instead of revealing allies on hit it should just grant extra damage or something better than what it already has. Revealing enemies on hit just isn't good at all for her playstyle.
    Instead, just scrap both of those star cards & reward anyone who upgraded them with crafting parts depending on how far they upgraded the abilities.

All of these problems factor into how worthless it is in GA and HvV.

Maybe replace those 2 pulse cannon star cards with a passive ability that reveals enemies that you look at for your team, as when you look in an enemy's general direction you can see their outline, it would be nice if your team could see that enemy too.
    The pulse cannon needs to fire faster, I should be able to sprint while I have it, it needs to do increased damage, and the splash damage needs to be more threatening. Just these few things would fix this ability right up.
  • The ID-10 Stun Droid isn't threatening at all: This droid really sucks. That just about sum's it up.
    It takes an absurd amount of time to search for an enemy to shock when you activate it, and by the time its done taking it's sweet time and actually stuns your opponent it only shocks them for like 1 second.
    The amount of time an enemy is stunned for just abysmal. It just takes FOREVER to stun someone and it only shocks them for half a second.
    And even worse than all of this, is that after all the time it takes to stun someone, that player could just dodge or roll & he would have completely negated your droid's stun. Making all of that time completely wasted, thus reducing your effectiveness even more.
    The droid needs to speed up the searching process by like 2x the speed & it should shock an enemy for a longer time than it already does. The droid should stun you no matter what even if your rolling, unless your out of its stun range.
  • Her Health Regen: Iden's health regen value (150%) just really sucks. That's not very heroic compared to Palpatine or Bossk who can regen a ton of health. Like I could be casually running around looking for an enemy to butcher & a star fighter or grenade just shreds me & I'm left with only 400 or 300 health regained.
    I'm Special Forces! I should be able to regen as much as Vader or Palpatine. Despite all of that elite training I'm just a squishy storm trooper.
    It should be more like 250 or 300, now that's more like it!.

-+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+-
  • So here's a few more idea's to up Iden's game in Battle Front 2.

She needs to be disguised off the radar at all times. It should work like the infiltration ability when you’re off the radar. But the catch is that it doesn’t disrupt enemy radars.
But if she’s within a 15 meter vicinity with an enemy, she can be seen & identified by that one player. The same applies to every other enemy that she comes across.
This makes her so that can pull flanking maneuver like she does in the campaign as a special forces storm trooper.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Her droid should give her enhanced healing capabilities at default and it should have its own star card that replaces the Pulse Cannon. Similar to how it gives her an administered Bacta heal in the campaign.

Let’s get into how it actually works though. If it’s given to her as a star card, the droid will perform it’s healing animation like in the campaign, and it will act & work like the Toughen Up ability for the assault class. You press LB and RB & you’ll start gaining enhanced healing capabilities for a few seconds. The star card levels should let you regen up to these amounts of your health over the course of a few seconds
[125%/175%/225%/300]
[2/ 4 / 6 / 8]
(^^^^^^^^^Seconds added to regen over the course of the health percentages)

Meaning if you were damaged 300 of your health & you were at 250% health, you’d be able to regen that health fully back to 550 in 4 seconds if you have the purple heal star card for the droid.

If given at a default, the heal will only trigger if the droid is on her back & when her regular regen starts. It lets her regen to full health over the course of 7 seconds. Similar to how Bossk regens his health.
It should also have a star card that lets the droid heal herself AND her teammates, as long as they remain in a small circle around Iden, the circle should be as small as the sentry units explosive damage reduction. This should work like the toughen up ability, but for everyone that remains in the circle.

-+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+--+-+-+-

Alright that's all I got for now.
Let me know what YOU think sucks about her & how you would improve upon that aspect of this character.
Or if you just wanna tell me how OP she is & how she desperately needs a nerf.
See you on the other side my Jedi & Sith friends.
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Replies

• Iden deserves to burn
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I completely agree with this thread. Iden was my favorite hero to play at launch (until Phasma came around) and I found her to be a bit weak in some areas, especially her droid. The healing ability could be nice, but should be more like how Finn and Phasma heal with a temporary buff. Hopefully this thread gets the attention of devs!
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • I absolutely love her, but yes, she does need work. Her emotes haven't worked for me since a couple weeks after launch, which does need to be fixed, along with other Hero emotes. For her TL-50, it just sounds too much like Slave I's main gun, which I like, but it could be changed. Maybe be changed back to its Jedi Academy sound ? Her shield absorbing all types of damage would be helpful. I think the Pulse Cannon is fine as is. Damage buff? Maybe. I do agree the cards are fairly useless though. And unless I'm mistaken, I thought you can sprint while its equipped? At least, I seem to remember doing so. Droid definitely needs work. 250 health regen would be good. Your idea of a "Toughen Up" type card could be easily included, since she has a Heal card in campaign. Sorry most my replies are short, I'm about to pass out
  • @MONEYPYR0 Ha, all good bro. The gun's primary fire sound effect definitely needs a tune up!
    Any sort of buff for Iden's health regen would be good. Because as it stands right now it's just bad.
    And yes, you can sprint while holding the pulse cannon, I didn't actually know you could but its there.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    I forgot Iden even had the pulse canon
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    @MONEYPYR0 Ha, all good bro. The gun's primary fire sound effect definitely needs a tune up!
    Any sort of buff for Iden's health regen would be good. Because as it stands right now it's just bad.
    And yes, you can sprint while holding the pulse cannon, I didn't actually know you could but its there.

I think you used to not be able to sprint with it, but you can now. I still enjoy using her, but she does need work