criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/17/star-wars-obi-wan-spin-off/

I hope it happens. While TFA and TLJ have left me disappointed, RO was, to me, a good Star Wars movie. My only concern is that they wont have Ewan McGregor reprise his role. I don't know why they would do this, as he is older now and he has always stated that he wants to return as Obi-Wan.
Failed to connect to EA Online.

Replies

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2
    The backlash would be intense if they don’t cast mcgregor.
  • There was some questionable acting in the prequels but he definitely did a good job. I would watch a movie with him staring as Obi Wan Kenobi as long as they don't resurrect Darth Maul again. However, I doubt that they are going to bring him back. Disney has this out with the old, in with the new approach. With the deaths of Han Solo and Luke and the tragic death of Carrie Fisher, they are done with previous actors.

I don't expect to see anyone reprising a role going forward.
  • When Han comes in May which Star Wars movie will come in December 2018?
    I guess Disney will create a movie after episode 3. Therefore McGregor would be the best choice.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
  • Meatbags
    454 posts Member
    edited January 3
    When Han comes in May which Star Wars movie will come in December 2018?
    I guess Disney will create a movie after episode 3. Therefore McGregor would be the best choice.
    No Star Wars movies in December this year, we're probably lucky to be getting a new SW movie only 5 months after The Last Jedi.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Plz no.... so boring just a guy in the desert
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Plz no.... so boring just a guy in the desert

Na. Just use Star Wars as a template for Fistful of Dollar. Aside from a few changes here and there, it's certainly a situation I could see Ben in.
  • Maybe a Disney love story without a happy end between Obi-Wan and his Mandalorian girl friend :D But they would need a new younger actor and it would be PT...
    I am also not very excited for the Han Solo movie. It wasn't needed and Disney is trying to generate too much additional money from the OT era.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
  • OOM19
    2418 posts Member
    With how they've been hiding Commander Cody's fate for the past few years I have a feeling that he'll be brought back in a Kenobi Movie
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

OOM-9 Has Returned We Are Saved!

6ylaxqdy4m5z.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Someone just posted a picture of ewan recently and he has his kenobi beard and similar haircut. He was all training like he’s getting in shape for something. Maybe he’s getting ready for an appearance as a force ghost in EP IX?
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Someone just posted a picture of ewan recently and he has his kenobi beard and similar haircut. He was all training like he’s getting in shape for something. Maybe he’s getting ready for an appearance as a force ghost in EP IX?
    The ST simply cannot end without Anakin and Obi-Wan's Force Ghosts appearing.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    The ST simply cannot end without Anakin and Obi-Wan's Force Ghosts appearing.

Agreed.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    ......gj8641lcmy801.jpg
  • Its simple. If Ewan is in the movie, I go see the movie.

He was one of few good things about the prequels, and I'd be happy to see him back in action.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Quizolio wrote: »
    Its simple. If Ewan is in the movie, I go see the movie.

He was one of few the many good things about the prequels, and I'd be happy to see him back in action.

fixed ;)
    ......gj8641lcmy801.jpg

He has the high ground
  • DarthJ
    4848 posts Member
    Don't get me wrong here. I love Obi-Wan, I love Ewan and he has to come back as him. But I still dont see the point in a Kenobi film.

I mean we have saw him from a padawan, through to a Jedi Knight and the clone wars anf onto a Jedi master, down to a part in Rebels and then his death in ANH, followed by the force ghost phase to VI. I just dont see what else can be done or why its needed.

There are some storylines in the comics that have covered a few events on his time on Tatooine, but if its set in this period, its going to be daft if he suddenly goes off on a massive adventure, as he was meant to have watched over Luke from birth. So it wouldnt make sense.

Unless it covers before TPM, or during the clone wars? But again we know most.

Its like the Solo film, I feel thats unneeded.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59