criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rocket Troopers are sooo useless + Daily boxes issue

Nihil
208 posts Member
So what is the point of Rocket Trooper reinforcements? They are not stronger in HP not better in damage as regular troopers, and the rocket launcher has a smaller hitbox than a common blaster. You have to directly hit an enemy to damage or kill it.

It needs a desperate rework. Or just increase the radius of damage of the rocket.

+ daily boxes are not daily lootboxes in generel. You have to play the game to claim the lootbox which is anyway garbage. Even F2P games are having a system where you have to just log in to get the daily reward. But here....is the game that kind of dying that you have to force people to play EA?

funny.

Replies

• Nihil wrote: »
    So what is the point of Rocket Trooper reinforcements? They are not stronger in HP not better in damage as regular troopers, and the rocket launcher has a smaller hitbox than a common blaster. You have to directly hit an enemy to damage or kill it.

It needs a desperate rework. Or just increase the radius of damage of the rocket.

+ daily boxes are not daily lootboxes in generel. You have to play the game to claim the lootbox which is anyway garbage. Even F2P games are having a system where you have to just log in to get the daily reward. But here....is the game that kind of dying that you have to force people to play EA?

funny.

AFAIK, you only have to log in to collect the daily crate. I'll log in in the am to collect it but don't have time to play until I get home from work.
  • I like the mobility of the rocket trooper and think they work pretty well. Only thing I don't like about em is when you fire the booster you have no control like in the first one so sometimes on some maps you rocket off the edge like an **** lol.
  • Daily crates have been glitched for me lately, I'll log in and it says it's there, but then when I go to open it I just get the message Next Daily Crate: 7h 43m or whatever, as if I opened it already. I have to play a game and it will show up again so I can open it. At least that's how it is on PS4, I can't open the crate until I've played a round.
  • Not a huge fan of them either. Even if they were zero battlepoints I’d still pick an infantry trooper over them. Also, I agree the rocket launcher should have a larger AoE then maybe I’d at least use them on some chokepoints but currently I do more damage with a gernade.
  • i feel like aerial trooper's rockets either need a bigger blast radius or need to have faster cool down
  • Rok73
    583 posts Member
    I should record myself pwnin with a rocket trooper. Absolutely useful.
  • Even if they were zero battlepoints I’d still pick an infantry trooper over them.

• Agree here....Have gotten to the point where the only time I buy these rocket troopers is to try and move the package in strike. Otherwise, I hate these.

The rockets are terrible, the health is terrible, their gun is terrible.
  • Daily crates have been glitched for me lately, I'll log in and it says it's there, but then when I go to open it I just get the message Next Daily Crate: 7h 43m or whatever, as if I opened it already. I have to play a game and it will show up again so I can open it. At least that's how it is on PS4, I can't open the crate until I've played a round.

I get that with the daily crates too. If I log out and back in it appears.
    I made a bug report.
  • Rok73 wrote: »
    I should record myself pwnin with a rocket trooper. Absolutely useful.

Same, especially with the FO rocket trooper and the gun they use with the cooling cell mod. That gun can fire hat seems almost perpetually before it needs to cool down and by then I have usually always killed my target. Their mobility makes them very capable in the right hands.
  • tts42572 wrote: »
    Agree here....Have gotten to the point where the only time I buy these rocket troopers is to try and move the package in strike. Otherwise, I hate these.

They used to have more health but dice sneakily nerfed it for some stupid reason.
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member
    The only thing I don't really like about Rocket Troopers is the sideways jetpack boost. You already boost to the side with dodge roll, so it just feels like a waste of a skill slot.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    i feel like aerial trooper's rockets either need a bigger blast radius or need to have faster cool down

I have a purple star card for the rocket launcher and it still takes quite awhile to cool down.
  • tts42572 wrote: »
    Agree here....Have gotten to the point where the only time I buy these rocket troopers is to try and move the package in strike. Otherwise, I hate these.

They used to have more health but dice sneakily nerfed it for some **** reason.

yeah, I get wrecked with the rocket trooper so easily now. Like, I have the same amount of health, but I take damage sooooo easily.

surprised you're one of the few that have noticed.

but hey, it's a good thing they messed with the jet trooper that nobody had a problem with, and totally ignored the entire community's request to do something about those nasty furry ape wookiess, right?
  • BoogieMan_1978
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Grey_B wrote: »
    The only thing I don't really like about Rocket Troopers is the sideways jetpack boost. You already boost to the side with dodge roll, so it just feels like a waste of a skill slot.

The “Sideways” boost is actually Horizontal as opposed to the Vertical boost. The Horizontal can be used to move forward or backward as well as left or right.

Using the Horizontal boost to move a package forward on Strike is auper effective.
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member

The “Sideways” boost is actually Horizontal as opposed to the Vertical boost. The Horizontal can be used to move forward or backward as well as left or right.

Using the Horizontal boost to move a package forward on Strike is auper effective.

Yeah, but just being more effective moving a package still feels like a waste of a skill slot.
    Why not Fortify? Or a Shield? Or a Rapid Fire? Or a grenade of some kind? Just anything other than "going more horizontal than vertical".
  • Grey_B wrote: »
    Yeah, but just being more effective moving a package still feels like a waste of a skill slot.
    Why not Fortify? Or a Shield? Or a Rapid Fire? Or a grenade of some kind? Just anything other than "going more horizontal than vertical".

I'm certainly not the best Aerial around, and I'm not arguing that a grenade or heal would not be better. But I just want to point out some advantages to the horizontal boost.

They obviously didn't want to give them full control like Boba Fett, so they gave them "boosts" instead. The vertical boost is great and all, but it isn't always the best option. First, you may not have clearance to use it, since you can't cancel it, and are forced to go up. Getting stuck on a tree or shop stall is a death sentence. Indoors, you may run into the ceiling or have to wait for it to stop and fall back down before you can go through a doorway.

Secondly, you may not want to give your position away or make yourself a target by flying above the trees/buildings.

The horizontal boost can be useful the cover horizontal ground quickly. It can also be used with the vertical boost to really cover some ground quickly. Combining them makes you extremely mobile and elusive when necessary.

I think the thought was to make them as mobile as possible, instead of just being an Enforcer with a boost.
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member

I'm certainly not the best Aerial around, and I'm not arguing that a grenade or heal would not be better. But I just want to point out some advantages to the horizontal boost.

They obviously didn't want to give them full control like Boba Fett, so they gave them "boosts" instead. The vertical boost is great and all, but it isn't always the best option. First, you may not have clearance to use it, since you can't cancel it, and are forced to go up. Getting stuck on a tree or shop stall is a death sentence. Indoors, you may run into the ceiling or have to wait for it to stop and fall back down before you can go through a doorway.

Secondly, you may not want to give your position away or make yourself a target by flying above the trees/buildings.

The horizontal boost can be useful the cover horizontal ground quickly. It can also be used with the vertical boost to really cover some ground quickly. Combining them makes you extremely mobile and elusive when necessary.

I think the thought was to make them as mobile as possible, instead of just being an Enforcer with a boost.

Aye, I get the idea about them being way more mobile than Enforcers, but it just feels lazy. "This skill makes you fire your jetpack and boost upwards! And this skill does the same thing....eh... but horizontally!"

Even if you could control the direction of the vertical boost, you still wouldn't get as much control as Boba Fett, because it's just a quick boost in one direction instead of controlled flying.

Not really a big deal, I just think it'd be an easy buff if they changed that skill to something else. Though probably something other than a heal/health buff or grenade, to keep it different enough from the Enforcer.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    Even if they were zero battlepoints I’d still pick an infantry trooper over them.

Kidding me? You dont realy mean this for a truth... If yes just play him in arcade and get skill with that class. Top mobility, and with right cards pretty unstoppable (short CD on jetpack, heal on kill, more HP), you can easily get 20-40 killstreak with rocket trooper, only bad thinks is rocket louncher shell hitbox and vehicle damage, yes that´ll need to be reworked but rest of it is super op if you know how to play :-) Sadly I think problem isn´t in Rocket trooper designe at all :-)
  • Nihil wrote: »

so what you are saying is, you are too bad with rocket troopers and you want easy kills. get lost. rocket troopers are good as is. use the faster moving speed and you will get gaps down if you are intelligent enough. and if not, dont use them.