criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Replies

• Frotbyte
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Because game developers think its nice to turn down games that actually look like they will be fun :(

like Star-Wars First assault

• Both look great. Why EA? you have a license USE IT!
  • EA probably said no because they couldn't figure out a good way to incorporate loot boxes.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • They probably turned it down for a couple reasons.

The Development company is independent , relatively small , and only has 1 game to their name.

Secondly, how many people would buy a space flight combat game? Games have to sell millions these days for companies to make profits.

Thirdly has to do with number 1. Ea seems to want all of its new games on the Frostbite engine ( most likely to avoid any licensing). As we learned from Andromeda Frostbite is not an easy engine to work with when making something that is not a straight shooter. A small studio like Double Damage games might not be able to fully exploit Frostbite.

Fourthly. Battlefront 2 has space combat. EA likely decided why would we fund this game when our other game does something similar.

Those are my guess.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    EA probably said no because they couldn't figure out a good way to incorporate loot boxes.

That’s actually very likely. Some of these games have difficulties incorporating micro transactions post launch and the project likely gets shot down because of it
  • I don't know why they have to pitch it to EA. Why not go to Disney directly?
  • gio0079 wrote: »
    I don't know why they have to pitch it to EA. Why not go to Disney directly?

Because EA has exclusivety publishing rights of Star Wars gsmes for 10 years, Ithink they have 4 years left.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.