criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ion turret infantry range is so OP

Prev1
Afrom3istwr
891 posts Member
edited January 2018
It really is the second most garbage thing on this game (dodge rolling iframes the obvious #1). Too often players are throwing that at their spawn, it instant locks on and fires from far away, notifies enemies of where you're at and kills any flank point.

DICE really does need to take a look at this and lower the range and up the lock-on tijme because it's ridiculous.

Replies

  • And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Ion turrets shooting at players really irks me in this game.

    Meanwhile the officer turret that should rip through infantry is more effectively used as a bomb.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Can we just leave things alone for a bit and just get better? Everything can be blown up and every character can be killed. Just because it is harder to kill certain things doesn't mean there is an issue.

    And just because someone on your team put the ION turret in a bad spot doesn't mean it needs to be changed.

    This should be filed in the "clone trooper has a big head" thread.
  • It works as intended.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    barely does damage? i think ion tick is like 30 hp and they hit in rapid succession....

    the turret needs to not lock on troopers plain and simple. but if not.. the distance at which it can is insane....

    and now defending teams on kashyyyk and naboo just spam ion turrets and SCS for easy points.... it ruins the diversity of the game.
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    barely does damage? i think ion tick is like 30 hp and they hit in rapid succession....

    the turret needs to not lock on troopers plain and simple. but if not.. the distance at which it can is insane....

    and now defending teams on kashyyyk and naboo just spam ion turrets and SCS for easy points.... it ruins the diversity of the game.

    Ruins the diversity?

    Both maps you mention heavily favor the attackers. Defenders have nothing comparable to combat heavy ground reinforcements (tanks) and have to take down MTT's with ION launchers that have extremely poor range. The ION turrets may do damage to troops, but they are also a key defense against tanks and can do consistent damage to the MTT.
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    barely does damage? i think ion tick is like 30 hp and they hit in rapid succession....

    the turret needs to not lock on troopers plain and simple. but if not.. the distance at which it can is insane....

    and now defending teams on kashyyyk and naboo just spam ion turrets and SCS for easy points.... it ruins the diversity of the game.

    lol rapid succession?....yes 2 shots every 5 seconds is soooooo rapid *rolls eyes*
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    wwkingms wrote: »
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    barely does damage? i think ion tick is like 30 hp and they hit in rapid succession....

    the turret needs to not lock on troopers plain and simple. but if not.. the distance at which it can is insane....

    and now defending teams on kashyyyk and naboo just spam ion turrets and SCS for easy points.... it ruins the diversity of the game.

    Ruins the diversity?

    Both maps you mention heavily favor the attackers. Defenders have nothing comparable to combat heavy ground reinforcements (tanks) and have to take down MTT's with ION launchers that have extremely poor range. The ION turrets may do damage to troops, but they are also a key defense against tanks and can do consistent damage to the MTT.

    Do the ion turrets even shoot at the att's? Of all my vehicle deaths, I've never died to an ion turret.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Clone201
    3571 posts Member
    The Ion Turret is meant to be used against Vehicles from a safe distance, and the extremely long lock-on range justifies that. It's just that it should not shoot Infantry, just as the Ion Torpedo (perhaps if there is REALLY a problem with it).
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • bfloo wrote: »
    wwkingms wrote: »
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    barely does damage? i think ion tick is like 30 hp and they hit in rapid succession....

    the turret needs to not lock on troopers plain and simple. but if not.. the distance at which it can is insane....

    and now defending teams on kashyyyk and naboo just spam ion turrets and SCS for easy points.... it ruins the diversity of the game.

    Ruins the diversity?

    Both maps you mention heavily favor the attackers. Defenders have nothing comparable to combat heavy ground reinforcements (tanks) and have to take down MTT's with ION launchers that have extremely poor range. The ION turrets may do damage to troops, but they are also a key defense against tanks and can do consistent damage to the MTT.

    Do the ion turrets even shoot at the att's? Of all my vehicle deaths, I've never died to an ion turret.

    It does, but typically seems to lock on to the closest target.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    The Ion Turret is meant to be used against Vehicles from a safe distance, and the extremely long lock-on range justifies that. It's just that it should not shoot Infantry, just as the Ion Torpedo (perhaps if there is REALLY a problem with it).

    It shouldn't, but the description states it will target players if it can't target a vehicle.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • It needs to be buffed against air vehicles.

    It honestly does very little damage to infantry and it is super easy to avoid. The shots travel slowly, glow bright blue, and are easily blocked by cover. If you're getting killed by it, that's entirely a learn to play issue.

    Meanwhile blaster turrets for officers hardly do anything to infantry and need a massive buff.
  • Just popped by because I was curious to see who would give the OP some flak like it's not an obvious thing the range on this thing is broken. Wasn't surprised to see some names here giving the flak.

    You know what? I got gud at the game, the range on the turret is still the same though... I thought gitting gud would fix that :(
  • Clone201
    3571 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    The Ion Turret is meant to be used against Vehicles from a safe distance, and the extremely long lock-on range justifies that. It's just that it should not shoot Infantry, just as the Ion Torpedo (perhaps if there is REALLY a problem with it).

    It shouldn't, but the description states it will target players if it can't target a vehicle.

    It can be changed if it no longer locks on to Troopers. But to be honest, its annoying, though I am never killed by it... And have yet to be killed by it too.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    Just popped by because I was curious to see who would give the OP some flak like it's not an obvious thing the range on this thing is broken. Wasn't surprised to see some names here giving the flak.

    You know what? I got gud at the game, the range on the turret is still the same though... I thought gitting gud would fix that :(

    At range there's no excuse for not being able to dodge it.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    The Ion Turret is meant to be used against Vehicles from a safe distance, and the extremely long lock-on range justifies that. It's just that it should not shoot Infantry, just as the Ion Torpedo (perhaps if there is REALLY a problem with it).

    It shouldn't, but the description states it will target players if it can't target a vehicle.

    It can be changed if it no longer locks on to Troopers. But to be honest, its annoying, though I am never killed by it... And have yet to be killed by it too.

    It has caught me at low health.

    I don't think it is game breaking, just annoying.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • The ion turret only annoys me when I compare it to the infantry turret. I get so many more kills and assists with the ion than I do the infantry. The inverse should be true.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    I never said the damage was a problem. My issue with it is that it's range for infantry is ridiculous and that it fires at you before it even locks on.

    That big, slow ion shot also marks your location, which is a big advantage for marking players that are trying to flank.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    I never said the damage was a problem. My issue with it is that it's range for infantry is ridiculous and that it fires at you before it even locks on.

    That big, slow ion shot also marks your location, which is a big advantage for marking players that are trying to flank.

    It's a nice tool for keeping snipers at bay. And the main purpose of the turrets are to alert of flanking troops. They're not meant to be squad killers.

    You have 3 entrances. cover 2. Drop a turret in the third. Turret starts firing, watch your 6.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Ion turrets shooting at players really irks me in this game.

    Meanwhile the officer turret that should rip through infantry is more effectively used as a bomb.

    Agreed. I immediately traded in my officer turret for the squad shield. With everything ion being effective against countering vehicles, why does an ion turret even lock onto infantry/heroes?
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    And it barely does any damage. What the real problem? It’s supposed to target infantry and honestly they’re rather easy to destroy and avoid.

    It’s a useful tool for things like laying down cover fire on the start of Kashyyk so your team can fire off a few ion rounds without getting harassed by charging assaults.

    Deal with it.

    I never said the damage was a problem. My issue with it is that it's range for infantry is ridiculous and that it fires at you before it even locks on.

    That big, slow ion shot also marks your location, which is a big advantage for marking players that are trying to flank.

    It's a nice tool for keeping snipers at bay. And the main purpose of the turrets are to alert of flanking troops. They're not meant to be squad killers.

    You have 3 entrances. cover 2. Drop a turret in the third. Turret starts firing, watch your 6.

    No, the main purpose for ion turrets are to take out vehicles and officer turrets. It should not be able to also instantly lock on soldiers from across the map and mark those soldiers out to enemies. There are no ways to take it out from that far back and if you do take one out and somehow aren't killed immediately, the respawn time on it is short, so it's easy to place it right back at that spot.
  • I actually can't remember the last time I got hit by an ion turret, so I doubt it is OP if I hardly see anyone using it. The only balance change this game needs is a buff to Yoda IMO. He needs to be more like this:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g


    How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide


    General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda


    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"


    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."


    giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

    Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • I actually can't remember the last time I got hit by an ion turret, so I doubt it is OP if I hardly see anyone using it. The only balance change this game needs is a buff to Yoda IMO. He needs to be more like this:

    It's most used on Endor, Jakku and Kamino, where there are no strong attacking vehicles and plenty of open space. Yavin IV for phase two occasionally sees it in phase two on top the hill near the right capture point.
  • I actually can't remember the last time I got hit by an ion turret, so I doubt it is OP if I hardly see anyone using it. The only balance change this game needs is a buff to Yoda IMO. He needs to be more like this:

    It's most used on Endor, Jakku and Kamino, where there are no strong attacking vehicles and plenty of open space. Yavin IV for phase two occasionally sees it in phase two on top the hill near the right capture point.
    Have you ever been killed by it before if you weren't already almost dead? It does very little damage, so as long as you have cover close by I don't think it will kill you very quickly. Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g


    How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide


    General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda


    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"


    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."


    giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

    Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • I actually can't remember the last time I got hit by an ion turret, so I doubt it is OP if I hardly see anyone using it. The only balance change this game needs is a buff to Yoda IMO. He needs to be more like this:

    It's most used on Endor, Jakku and Kamino, where there are no strong attacking vehicles and plenty of open space. Yavin IV for phase two occasionally sees it in phase two on top the hill near the right capture point.
    Have you ever been killed by it before if you weren't already almost dead? It does very little damage, so as long as you have cover close by I don't think it will kill you very quickly. Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Again, as it's stated in the topic and as I've already addressed earlier. My issue isn't the damage. It's the range it has and how fast it locks on and fires. Plus, because it fires a large blue shot, it's really easy for an opposing player to use it as a marker to know when someone is going at their flank or is in a different area than they're aiming.

    Your last statement compounds the problem even more. It's also an easy way to get assists because there's hardly a threat of it being shot down because it's typically to far away to shoot.
  • Yeah this actually a legit complaint I think, I put one on a platform on kashyyk and it was hitting and killing people miles away.
  • Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.
  • Thread should be why isn't officer turret as effective as heavy turret, I only find officer turrets a challenge when a group of officers put them down together and stand 3-4 meters back, otherwise they suck, and are best used as explosive devices :D
  • It really is the second most garbage thing on this game (dodge rolling iframes the obvious #1). Too often players are throwing that at their spawn, it instant locks on and fires from far away, notifies enemies of where you're at and kills any flank point.

    DICE really does need to take a look at this and lower the range and up the lock-on tijme because it's ridiculous.

    It’s so easy to avoid that it’s laughable.
  • zLogen
    430 posts Member
    It really is the second most garbage thing on this game (dodge rolling iframes the obvious #1). Too often players are throwing that at their spawn, it instant locks on and fires from far away, notifies enemies of where you're at and kills any flank point.

    DICE really does need to take a look at this and lower the range and up the lock-on tijme because it's ridiculous.

    It’s so easy to avoid that it’s laughable.

    ^this
  • Jbstiner
    2666 posts Member
    IMO, the purpose of the ion turret is to harass and annoy. I love using it to cover my flank or along a corridor to slow the oncoming enemy down. If I get an actual kill from it, I just consider it a bonus...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • I don't see the issue with it.

    Only the Officer Turret is broken IMHO, it takes ages to lock on to targets and even longer to actually fire.

    The (anti-) Infantry Turret should lock on and fire as soon as anything comes into its field of view. So it can act as a proper denial-of-area tool, which is what it is (should be). Right now, you can basically just run over the damn thing and not even bother to avoid or destroy it.

    Also, I think deployables shouldn't auto-destroy once you die, but stay in the game world until destroyed or its owner builds a new one.
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    IMO, the purpose of the ion turret is to harass and annoy. I love using it to cover my flank or along a corridor to slow the oncoming enemy down. If I get an actual kill from it, I just consider it a bonus...

    Exactly. I usually drop the ion turret in a large open space on my way to an objective. It's used to harass the enemy team, to force them into cover for a few seconds. It's neither hard to avoid nor destroy, it just slows them down for a moment.

    And occasionally, it'll get me a kill.
  • Ion turrets are fine , if anything a damage buff against air and tanks would be good, i do agree infantry turrets need to be looked at they do not seem to be working as intended. Just my opinion from the experiences i have had using them. I usually use it as a warning system that an enemy is coming my way and usually kill the enemy before the infantry turret even fires a shot.
  • I was surprised when I got killed by one (ran into it in low health) whereas turrets normally only kill me when they explode, don't really recall even getting low health killed? I expected it to act like the disrupter officer device, ranged single target cause weapon to overheat but do lots of damage to vehicles.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.

    +1

    So true, but like every one of these "X is OP" threads...the complainers will be louder.
  • rocketpig wrote: »
    The ion turret only annoys me when I compare it to the infantry turret. I get so many more kills and assists with the ion than I do the infantry. The inverse should be true.

    This. Infantry Turret is just weak in comparison.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    Yeah this actually a legit complaint I think, I put one on a platform on kashyyk and it was hitting and killing people miles away.

    I love that move hits Droids in their Spawn!

    NOOOO They Wasn't Ready... Merry Xmas NOOB
    giphy.gif

  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.

    Did I say anything about it's damage? No.

    I said it's ridiculous there's infinite range on infantry and that it instant locks on and fires. The damage part means very little because the way it’s currently set up makes it too easy to get assists and to mark players for you and teammates.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.

    Did I say anything about it's damage? No.

    I said it's ridiculous there's infinite range on infantry and that it instant locks on and fires. The damage part means very little because the way it’s currently set up makes it too easy to get assists and to mark players for you and teammates.

    Yeah...that's the benefit to using it.

    I can do the same thing with the specialists binoculars and get more assist points because I make you show up on radar.

    The turret just fires towards an area where...surprise...you WERE.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.

    Did I say anything about it's damage? No.

    I said it's ridiculous there's infinite range on infantry and that it instant locks on and fires. The damage part means very little because the way it’s currently set up makes it too easy to get assists and to mark players for you and teammates.

    Yeah...that's the benefit to using it.

    I can do the same thing with the specialists binoculars and get more assist points because I make you show up on radar.

    The turret just fires towards an area where...surprise...you WERE.

    Your binoculars don't do damage and can only mark one enemy in the open to get a kill assist. That's a huge difference.

    The ion turrets range was designed for vehicles, not for placing at the back of Kashyyk, Endor, Starkiller and Jakku so that you can get easy assists and markings.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.

    Did I say anything about it's damage? No.

    I said it's ridiculous there's infinite range on infantry and that it instant locks on and fires. The damage part means very little because the way it’s currently set up makes it too easy to get assists and to mark players for you and teammates.

    Yeah...that's the benefit to using it.

    I can do the same thing with the specialists binoculars and get more assist points because I make you show up on radar.

    The turret just fires towards an area where...surprise...you WERE.

    Your binoculars don't do damage and can only mark one enemy in the open to get a kill assist. That's a huge difference.

    The ion turrets range was designed for vehicles, not for placing at the back of Kashyyk, Endor, Starkiller and Jakku so that you can get easy assists and markings.

    LOL...the binoculars can mark way more than one enemy and from quite a distance and will stay on radar until you die.

    Yes a turret can do damage. But, it does not mark you. If you are standing in place long enough for a turret to do significant damage, then that's on you.

  • Its definitely OP. Nothing more annoying someone placing it at a high vantage point as it picks off people across the map. It should only target vehicles. Infantry shouldn't be target by the ion turret. It didn't in BF1 and it made sense.
  • Yes ion turret nerf please
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Most people just put it down for free battle points when it shoots infantry, which is the real problem IMO as it takes no skill.

    Ahhhh, the no skill argument. Always love that one.

    The BPs rewarded for using the ion turret pale in comparison to what the officer can get by simply equipping officers presence/bounty hunter/improved battle command and just standing around your teammates buffing them. You don’t even need to fire off a shot, not one @Afrom3istwr.

    Talk about no skill required but why isn’t that an issue for you?

    Someone else complained that it finds you when trying to flank and gives away your position. Lol, yep, that’s exactly why players use it. Are you serious complaining about that? So you can’t flank therefore we need to remove it? <smh>

    By the way, OP = overpowered. While it does have a long range (required for finding vehicles overhead) it is far from overpowered and quite easy to evade. The ion turret is one of the best defensive tactics in the game.

    Did I say anything about it's damage? No.

    I said it's ridiculous there's infinite range on infantry and that it instant locks on and fires. The damage part means very little because the way it’s currently set up makes it too easy to get assists and to mark players for you and teammates.

    First off there isn’t infinite range, I’ll post a video later to prove it. I’ve noticed if you’re beyond 200 meters the torpedos hit and splash against an invisible wall. I’ll make a video of this to show you later when I get on.

    Too easy to get assists? OMG, did you seriously say that when there are myriad ways to easily get assists in this game? I’ll go back to my officer example for one easy way, there are countless others. Too many people have myopic vision when it comes to these things, think bigger picture and the larger implications.
  • Show the Heavy some love, they've already nerfed the rockets, now you want range to be gone too. You'll complain more when they don't have the range on the vehicles to help kill them if they do nerf the range. They are a deterrent, and at this point no more than an annoyance unless you're low on health. Unlike the Assault and Specialist classes, the Heavy doesn't have any one shot kill abilities, or even a speed boost.
  • This is odd but I do agree with the ion turret being OP. The turret should stop killing troops and get a small buff damage to vehicles only. Right now its the infantry killing turret so enjoy it while it last.
  • I agree with the range and lock on time needing to be adjusted. I believe the problem is that since the Ion Turret is designed to fight against vehicles, it needs the long range and fast lock on time. It should only have it's range and time altered against infantry. There is no reason that a heavy can drop the turret by the Millennium Falcon on Takodana and it locks on to and fires at people coming out of the castle within 1-2 seconds.

  • 1_Rep_Max
    535 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I believe the problem is that since the Ion Turret is designed to fight against vehicles, it needs the long range and fast lock on time.

    There is no reason that a heavy can drop the turret by the Millennium Falcon on Takodana and it locks on to and fires at people coming out of the castle within 1-2 seconds.

    Actually it’s designed to target both vehicles and infantry and it says so right on the star card.

    Who says it shouldn’t lock on like that? Do you have data from in game that shows this to be a problem? For those of you saying the officer turret is worse I disagree, it’s just different. The ion turret is a guided torpedo, the officers turret fires ballistic rounds, VERY different.

    Oh and by the way, the officers turret does have a similar lockon, I use it all the time and it deals pretty decent damage. I don’t get why some players think it’s garbage. Placed in the right spot they’re a huge benefit to playing as an officer.
  • Ion turret is fine, if they nerf that then the next complaint will be heavy weapons shoot to far they need a nerf. Even though they work on the same principle as an LMG they fire to far and need to be nerfed. this is just my opinion but in my experience very rarely do i get killed by one to be honest i can't even remember the last time i was and i am an objective hound.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!