criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Credit rewards need to be objective based

Too often in almost every single mode ends up a loss because barely anyone decides to play the objective because they're too focused on simple-minded credit farming from kills. What's the point of any sort of objective mode if you aren't even going to reward people for playing the objective in the 1st place? It's literally just the same problem that Overwatch somehow still has.

Replies

• Too often in almost every single mode ends up a loss because barely anyone decides to play the objective because they're too focused on simple-minded credit farming from kills. What's the point of any sort of objective mode if you aren't even going to reward people for playing the objective in the 1st place? It's literally just the same problem that Overwatch somehow still has.

imagine a game where you just won or lost and nobody cared how many points they earned. Like, you know, they played the game just to have fun? amazing right?
  • How small minded do you have to be to be unable to have fun while actually doing what you are supposed to???
  • The problem is too much time and resources are spent on making things look pretty. The consumer is attracted and the rest is left as an afterthought. It's been a problem for over a decade at least now. Every new game offers less and less and it's just purely about money.

Most of this feedback is just sitting here, from what I can tell maybe never utilized. I sure hope I'm not right though.

I'm a big fan of Battlefield 2, and every sequel that followed offered less and less, but looked better as time went on. I guess that is what people care about most now, beauty without long lasting content.

I remember having amazing moments in Battlefield 2, but I can't say the same for 3 or 4. Like when my friend was on a roof attempting to capture a flag after planting C4 on the road nearby just in case armor decided to come in defense. He was the only one left on the flag and the ticket count was already not in our favor as we had just joined, but we tried to contribute to the team with what time we had left. I was flying in a J10 trying to keep the skies clear from F35's and attack helicopters. My friend was calling for help and was informing me he was being attacked by armor and he needed help asap. I checked the minimap and surveyed the area with a flyby and saw an APC emptying troops, my friend was throwing grenades and taking them out with his rifle. I then saw the APC reversing to get a line of sight on my friend on the roof after taking out all his countrymen. That's when I climbed to about 800ft then reversed my direction into a dive heading straight for the APC constantly having to track the moving target to inure the bombs hit home. The APC was now in perfect position to shoot the roof my friend was on, as I flew in and dropped the bombs and a second later my friend watched the APC attacking him blow up. Shortly after the round ended and we lost.

That's something I'll never forget but it's sad to think about since the game has been forgotten by DICE/EA and they will probably never release anything similar to it ever again.
  • There's definitely been public feedback put into the game. Flametroopers and Palpatine got a buff (the latter being a bit too much and has been said to be getting fixed), some maps are getting or have gotten balance fixes, and even some infantry abilities have gotten the fix. Hopefully they look at the right stuff and not just "Nerf this because what I'm using is the best and they cheated because they won" posts
  • Yeah but that's not what I'm talking about, small balance fixes take a few hours to change some code, compile, test, and finally distribute. This game is lacking a lot of stuff the original had. Now we're just left with dumbed down experiences that look pretty. There's no incentive to live more than 15 seconds other than to not have to respawn somewhere randomly without choice. You don't even have the ability to choose what maps to play. The entire experience is linear. From Galactic Assault to Strike, to Blast. Once you've unlocked everything there's little reason to continue playing. Other than to enjoy the scenery and sounds of Star Wars.