criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Assists Should Be Kills

2Next

Replies

• @UNLIMITED_P0WER but why do you want this? K/D is irrelevant in this game since it’s based on elims. Or are you just concerned about your milestones ticking up?

I just wanted to find out what people thought. I've completed all milestones except for those in Heroes and Vehicles (completed over half in Heroes), and only have two more trophies to unlock.

And if you complete them all, I don't suppose you would go back to hugging your Palpatine body pillow to sleep, right?
    qx08b.gif

• @UNLIMITED_P0WER but why do you want this? K/D is irrelevant in this game since it’s based on elims. Or are you just concerned about your milestones ticking up?

I just wanted to find out what people thought. I've completed all milestones except for those in Heroes and Vehicles (completed over half in Heroes), and only have two more trophies to unlock.

And if you complete them all, I don't suppose you would go back to hugging your Palpatine body pillow to sleep, right?

I don't care about unlocking all milestones as I've already unlocked everything in Campaign, Arcade, Trooper, Multiplayer and over half in Heroes (which was all easy). What remains to do in Heroes and Vehicles will either happen time or not at all, I've already done enough.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

I don't care about unlocking all milestones as I've already unlocked everything in Campaign, Arcade, Trooper, Multiplayer and over half in Heroes (which was all easy). What remains to do in Heroes and Vehicles will either happen time or not at all, I've already done enough.

(You didn't answer the question about the body pillow, bb)
    qx08b.gif

• I don't see why not, it helps everyone and hurts no one.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • I don't see why not, it helps everyone and hurts no one.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It makes me cringe when people "brag" about big eliminations when eliminations are pathetic. High scores and big kills is where it's at.

07d47b2227f592e9e53bbfe1fea7c0da1192205fb254416b66b1a80d0c25620f.jpg
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    I thought it already counted as an elimination.

Yeah but eliminations consists of kills and assists which means nothing to me. It's either you get the kill or you don't, and it's more satisfying when you get the kill obviously. A player could have, say, 40 eliminations but only have killed 10 of those players and gotten 30 assists. It makes me cringe when people "brag" about big eliminations when eliminations are pathetic. High scores and big kills is where it's at.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • TW1103
    582 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The only ones I would change are when you get an assist for doing 99% of damage to a player, who then crashes or jumps off the map or something to kill themselves. I think you should get a kill for that... Especially when you look at something like a force push which knocks someone off the map!
  • No. Only actual kills should count as kills.

Damaging people is all fine and good, but actually dropping people is what matters in the end. If you're just damaging people but never dropping them, then you shouldn't be rewarded with a bunch of kills. You already get an elimination for doing damage.
  • If I do most of the damage I should be awarded the kill if someone steals the last hit. So I’m 100% behind this.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Since Battlefield does this, I think they should add it in.
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I say remove kills and assists. Then you all can hug it out and get participating awards. Kills mean 0 if your team does not win. Assists mean 0 if you did not get the last point of damage.

No stats means none of this will ever matter anyway.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • LOTR2013
    277 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I prefer it as is. It just makes sense. Someone is killed if they are taken down to 0 health. So the killer is the one who takes them down to 0 health. Anything else just leads up to their death. Also, as others have said it does balance out.
  • AOD_MelournRex
    1649 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    One reason why I can see why you should be awarded the kill when you miss out on the actual kill, despite dealing the most damage, is when it comes to destroying vehicles. You can deal the most damage to it, but unless I'm wrong, only the last person gets the extra bonuses that come up on top of it. This includes mainly the objective points and vehicle destroyed bonuses which can, in turn, be a lot.

Take for example AI ship farming as Separatists in Kashyyk. Each kill in phase 3 & 4 gives you close to and even over 1 000 points.
  • It should be like Battlefield where dealing high damage to an enemy that was killed by another teammate will count as a kill.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • One reason why I can see why you should be awarded the kill when you miss out on the actual kill, despite dealing the most damage, is when it comes to destroying vehicles. You can deal the most damage to it, but unless I'm wrong, only the last person gets the extra bonuses that come up on top of it. This includes mainly the objective points and vehicle destroyed bonuses which can, in turn, be a lot.

Take for example AI ship farming as Separatists in Kashyyk. Each kill in phase 3 & 4 gives you close to and even over 1 000 points.

This
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It should be like Battlefield where dealing high damage to an enemy that was killed by another teammate will count as a kill.

True that
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    So how would it work? I do 90% of the damage on a guy but he kills me. While I am waiting on the spawn screen wallowing in my defeat my buddy kills him and I get credit for the kill?

No, just absolutely no. You want the kill? Finish the job.

I would entertain the notion on high HP things like Heroes and Vehicles though, but the logic there is very different.
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    So how would it work? I do 90% of the damage on a guy but he kills me. While I am waiting on the spawn screen wallowing in my defeat my buddy kills him and I get credit for the kill?

I would entertain the notion on high HP things like Heroes and Vehicles though, but the logic there is very different.

I don't get how some people are absolutely struggling to understand a small mechanic that's incredibly simple yet effective, and is executed perfectly in a game such as Battlefield 1. It'd also be a great fit for this game.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I support this. I also feel if you do 75% of the damage you should get the kill. It gets old watching people wait for the damage to be low before they start shooting. Now you shouldn't get the kill if they started getting health back.
  • I support this. I also feel if you do 75% of the damage you should get the kill. It gets old watching people wait for the damage to be low before they start shooting. Now you shouldn't get the kill if they started getting health back.

True this
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I think the answer is pretty simple.

If the game is all about playing the objective then kills shouldn't matter.

The player doing the damage leading to the kill gets an assist and already gets player damage BP.

The player that lands the kill shot only gets kill points.

Everyone that attacks an objective gets objective points.

Just take out the bonuses.

Without the bonuses, the damage BP would equal the kill BP or be extremely close.
  • Hanzo wrote: »

I tend to agree, either way I’ll steal a couple of kills myself throughout the match.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I really don't care about it as far as game score is concerned. Other people see eliminations anyways so as far as they are concerned assists = kills. That being said, I feel most milestones that ask for kills should count all eliminations, it's very frustrating when you are grinding a gun to have someone swoop in at the last second and you end up getting an assist.

Also like someone else said before, when it comes to objectives, points should be given to the 5 people (more or less) that did the most dmg to the objective, not just the guy that dealt the killing shot.

In any case, I think the whole battlepoint system should be reworked entirely, right now most of the top scores are people cheesing some way to get points instead of actually contributing to the game (AI ship farming being the most blatant one).
    - Matt (Definitely not Kylo Ren)
  • Bunch of comments were removed from this thread now. Its okay to agree or disagree with one another, but to attack and harass is a no no.

Present your opinion in a constructive and respectful manner that follows the rules. Attacking will lead to suspensions however.

Now continue on with the thread topic.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member
    Hah! Solid mod work! Was wondering if someone was actually paying attention...

Anyway, moving on...
    Hanzo wrote: »

Exactly my point.
    If you can't kill someone attacking an objective, they'll still be attacking the objective.
    An enemy with only 2 health left can still kill your teammates.
    So if you can't finish them off, why should you get credit for it?
    Porkmeat wrote: »
    I really don't care about it as far as game score is concerned. Other people see eliminations anyways so as far as they are concerned assists = kills. That being said, I feel most milestones that ask for kills should count all eliminations, it's very frustrating when you are grinding a gun to have someone swoop in at the last second and you end up getting an assist.

I agree, elims should be counted for milestones.
    Also like someone else said before, when it comes to objectives, points should be given to the 5 people (more or less) that did the most dmg to the objective, not just the guy that dealt the killing shot.

Again, I agree. Granted, there are some extreme cases where one guy manages to run in and knock off the last few points while everyone else is blocked or killed, but balancing around that is going to far.
    In any case, I think the whole battlepoint system should be reworked entirely, right now most of the top scores are people cheesing some way to get points instead of actually contributing to the game (AI ship farming being the most blatant one).

Yeah, there are things that need to be ironed out. If nothing else, then to give people more incentive to play the objectives.

Regarding BPs awarded for kill and assists (and kills/assists aren't just turned into elims overall), I'd rather see BP awarded based more on damage done than kill/assist. Then those who want a high kill score get that and others get decently rewarded for their contribution.
  • Porkmeat wrote: »
    I really don't care about it as far as game score is concerned. Other people see eliminations anyways so as far as they are concerned assists = kills. That being said, I feel most milestones that ask for kills should count all eliminations, it's very frustrating when you are grinding a gun to have someone swoop in at the last second and you end up getting an assist.

But don’t you ever get the killls that someone else weakened? Either way if they made eliminations count towards milestones I won’t mind. Whatever keeps more people happily playing the game.
    #infantrylivesmatter