criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

TL 50 concern

So I unlocked the reduced spread mod for the weapon today and I didn't see much difference. Have others experienced this? Does it better or take up the secondary fire mod spot? Please provide me with your experience with the weapon

Replies

• YES
    YES
    YES

GOD YES

i wanted to make a post about this exact thing but i CANT HIT ANYTHING with this gun.

even with the reduced spread mod,which as you said is so unnoticeable i wonder if it was overlooked/bugged, its not a matter of accuracy.. i will have my reticle on my target at medium range and go through a full mag/overheat and barely anything.....

its a very underwhelming 4th tier weapon although thats somewhat of a trend
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this
  • Yeah the spread is pretty bad.
  • darthsbro
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The first 2 unlocks for the TL50 are great and really make a difference because you can play the heavy like he's an assault trooper but the 250 kill unlock aka secondary fire is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. The fire rate is abysmal.

I get killed very quickly if I even try to use it in an exposed situation. Shoot from cover and you can get kills but its sooooo slooooow. It needs a big buff.

Iden Versio's TL50 secondary fire rate is exactly what the heavy should be. Give her TL50 secondary fire more range or something. She is a fairly weak hero presently!

Just remember, the TL50 is really for close range fighting. There are better weapons for medium to long range.
    It's not the winning but the taking part.... and winning
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    I found the reduced spread mod helped a lot.

The TL 50 isn't really a long range option though.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

It really shouldn't either. It already packs a good punch.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It really shouldn't either. It already packs a good punch.

NOw that I got the 1st 2 mods, I think the tl-50 is perfect.

I don't really care about the secondary fire mod, I'm not going to use it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• idk i guess its me, my aim isnt great but ive been mowed down medium range by other players with this gun but when ive used it even short range ill keep the reticle on target a whole mag/overheat and they wont be dead.... maybe its just not the gun for me
  • The TL-50 with the first two mods is a great gun...up close.
    I used it a few times in Blast and would be running around a corner, bump into an enemy and then just hosed them down with it. On bigger maps with longer sight lines it's pretty useless unless you burst fire and the target is busy doing something else and not firing back at you.
    The Heavy has better weapons for medium to long range.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • ReikouOne
    453 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    If you use the TL50, you should be playing like an assault with a CR2. Use ion turret for long range targets. Ditch the shield too, with this setup, you shouldn't be "holding/locking down" any areas. You should be playing as a "Heavy Assault". Run around and dish out maximum DPS.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • So I unlocked the reduced spread mod for the weapon today and I didn't see much difference. Have others experienced this? Does it better or take up the secondary fire mod spot? Please provide me with your experience with the weapon

The spread reduction is noticeable, but the spread remains terrible. The problem as I see it is that, for a full sized rifle, you easily get outshot by officer pistols past 30 meters. Which is rather absurd IMO. I get maybe it should have too much kick to snipe people but it's beyond **** that even with the best burst fire discipline (it has terrible spread recovery too) it's pretty much a done deal that you're dead unless they make a grievous error.

Also it sucks balance choice wise because they used spread rather than recoil to restrict it's range. IMO weapons are more fun when it's recoil based. Sure it might kick like a mule but in a pinch a skilled player can still make a weapon like that work at 100 meters. Those are more fun gun battles IMO when it comes down to skill rather than arbitrary spread mechanics deciding whether your opponent posed a real threat to you.

With spread doesn't matter if you've played shooters for years or this is your first shooter, you straight up can't make it work past a certain range. such is the case with the TL50.

I think it would be much better if they just gave the TL50 super heavy recoil but decent spread. If you spray and pray same result as now; if you have burst fire discipline you can at least use it to get out of a tight spot and not be a virtually free kill past 30 meters. Battlefield 4 weapon mechanics worked like that, some weapons had so much kick they were pretty much garbage at range but if you had some skill you could use it at range in an emergency.

I think in general heavy weapons need a spread/burst mechanic examination. One of the heavy ability cards gives bonuses for headshots but spread makes such accurate shooting seem more luck than skill. Like even at the TL50 ideal range if you land a headshot it'll likely be as much by accident (spread RNG) as intentional (actual aiming for the head).
  • Ummm the TL-50 melts things.
  • Great up close.
    But I equipped the reduced spread and suddenly started dying because I couldn't kill anyone close or medium. Tested it in Arcade and sure works better without reduced spread. I found it good even without any modifications - but I don't get this "upgrade"
    Tip for those who keep firing 'til weapon overheats at medium range - use short burst and keep moving or you'll get that blurg in the head.
    I have altered the post. Prey I don't alter it any further.