criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Reduce spawn time for game modes

I feel the spawn time, after playing every mode long enough, to tell that it needs to be shortened. I feel all modes, except Blast, need to be 5 seconds. And Blast I feel should not even have spawn time as there is no point really to spawn in as a group.

Replies

• They fixed something that wasn't broken.

one of the best feelings you get when playing Battlefront 1 after playing Battlefront 2 is not having to wait for a freaking spawn timer, and not witnessing a failed squad system each and every time you die.

also, the game treats you like a player with a brain and doesn't give you updates every two minutes in gigantic writing on your screen.

I say just get rid of the spawn timer altogehter since it really serves no purpose at all.

also, while they're at it, give us the option to not see 'NEW OBJECTIVE: DEFEAT THE ENEMY' pop up on my screen every single time I spawn.

like, I get it, they want to make the game easy for noobs, even though those noobs after having their hand held throughout the entire experience still can't seem to play the objective.

This game is literally a slap in the face to anyone who appreciated the good things about Battlefront 1, and with the developers not even addressing the issues and basically responding to feedback from their mistakes with:

"oh, well, we just didn't want to be the same as everyone else. we wanted to do something different."

yeah, different and bad are two very different things.
  • it just sucks seeing the objective time or kill count and knowing you could do something but you are stuck waiting for a full 10 seconds. which is a lot of time in game time for stuff to happen. especially when its a close match.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    it just sucks seeing the objective time or kill count and knowing you could do something but you are stuck waiting for a full 10 seconds. which is a lot of time in game time for stuff to happen. especially when its a close match.

yup, and I just played Battlefront 1 for a few matches and I noticed the huge difference it makes.

Battlefront 2 just makes you feel like you are being limited on what you can and can't do:

no customization
    huge, glaring icons and an announcer that baby's you through the entire round
    ten second time outs for dying.

It's like Battlefront 1 treated people like adults, and then Battlefront 2 just became full babysitter. lol
  • I don’t personally care one way or the other about the objective information that pops up on the screen. I pay attention so know what the objective is with or without it. Its also not that intrusive to me personally.

The spawn delay timer serves a purpose in a Game like Battlefield where you can spawn on squad mates. It gives you the ability to clear a check point. If the enemy could spawn with no delay on squad mates in a capture zone then you would never clear a squad of five off a checkpoint.

Since BF2 doesn’t have that feature and everyone spawns at preset spawn points and has to run back to the front lines the delaynis less vital.

In a smaller game mode like Strike I still think its usefull as spawn points are still relatively close to the action. It also serves as a penalty of sorts for dying.

Waiting for 10 seconds to respond is super annoying, so I do my best to balance staying alive with doing whats needed to win the game.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2118 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I don’t personally care one way or the other about the objective information that pops up on the screen. I pay attention so know what the objective is with or without it. Its also not that intrusive to me personally.

The spawn delay timer serves a purpose in a Game like Battlefield where you can spawn on squad mates. It gives you the ability to clear a check point. If the enemy could spawn with no delay on squad mates in a capture zone then you would never clear a squad of five off a checkpoint.

Since BF2 doesn’t have that feature and everyone spawns at preset spawn points and has to run back to the front lines the delaynis less vital.

In a smaller game mode like Strike I still think its usefull as spawn points are still relatively close to the action. It also serves as a penalty of sorts for dying.

Waiting for 10 seconds to respond is super annoying, so I do my best to balance staying alive with doing whats needed to win the game.

thats not what i suggested. the only one without spawn delay would be Blast which it's only objective is to kill. and for the rest of the modes reduce it down to 5 second instead of 10. i find a lot of times its just me and 2 others waiting and waiting and waiting for the last 5 seconds where no one else shows up. i feel like if by the 5th second if there isnt a 4th player, they its lost likely just not going to happen.

dd0.gif

there is already the delay of running too objective. I knew this one would come up "It also serves as a penalty of sorts for dying. " That i have to immediately disagree with. This isn't just affecting people that die a lot. this also goes to the player who went Colonel 100 on the enemy team, dies 1 times and he is getting the same punishment as a scrub. if they want to give players that die a lot a 10 second timer for punishment, then code that in a correct way and id be fine with it but i can go a killing spree, and then i eventually die at some point and having to sit in queue after going 13-0 in that 1 like i feel i shouldnt have to wait a whole 10 seconds to get back in.

vQc2lz.gif

I don’t personally care one way or the other about the objective information that pops up on the screen. I pay attention so know what the objective is with or without it. Its also not that intrusive to me personally.

thats not what i suggested. the only one without spawn delay would be Blast which it's only objective is to kill. and for the rest of the modes reduce it down to 5 second instead of 10. i find a lot of times its just me and 2 others waiting and waiting and waiting for the last 5 seconds where no one else shows up. i feel like if by the 5th second if there isnt a 4th player, they its lost likely just not going to happen.

dd0.gif

there is already the delay of running too objective. I knew this one would come up "It also serves as a penalty of sorts for dying. " That i have to immediately disagree with. This isn't just affecting people that die a lot. this also goes to the player who went Colonel 100 on the enemy team, dies 1 times and he is getting the same punishment as a scrub. if they want to give players that die a lot a 10 second timer for punishment, then code that in a correct way and id be fine with it but i can go a killing spree, and then i eventually die at some point and having to sit in queue after going 13-0 in that 1 like i feel i shouldnt have to wait a whole 10 seconds to get back in.

vQc2lz.gif

The player that dies once does not get the same penalty as the player that dies say, 10 times.
    1 death is 10 seconds where as 10 deaths would be 100 seconds in total.

Five seconds or ten, makes no difference to me but I do personally like the time delay.

There are times I am as frustrated as you, yelling at my TV to let me freaking spawn in. Then later with a cool head I accept that it was my fault for dying.

dd0.gif

vQc2lz.gif

I like that idea at the end there. Maybe ramp up the spawn delay after each death. First death immediate spawn back. Second death maybe 2 or 3 seconds. Third death 5 or 6. Fourth death 10 seconds. Possibly have a killstreak of x amount or some other accomplishment of significance for the team resets the timer back to immediate spawn in.
    The spawn delay and run back can be frustrating but without it the scrubs already burning crazy tickets are going to have a field day.

dd0.gif

vQc2lz.gif

I like that idea at the end there. Maybe ramp up the spawn delay after each death. First death immediate spawn back. Second death maybe 2 or 3 seconds. Third death 5 or 6. Fourth death 10 seconds. Possibly have a killstreak of x amount or some other accomplishment of significance for the team resets the timer back to immediate spawn in.
    The spawn delay and run back can be frustrating but without it the scrubs already burning crazy tickets are going to have a field day.

ya thats why i see it as okay for punishing scrub play. i dont want to do it as extreme as i know by the devs they want it less competitive and more casual play by devs but i feel like if i play well, the time i finally die and have to respawn i feel i shouldnt have the same respawn as someone that dies constantly. it feels like gameplay is slowed way down due to the respawn but i understand the problem if noobs keep dying. I also dont like the fact that if I go manually choose to respawn, that it takes a ticket away from my team. the game has had issues where it spawned me in a fighter at the beginning of the game instead of a bomber like i selected. so i have to respawn and when i do that, it counts against my team which to me is not fair. personally i think if i go to respawn, and i have not taken any damage from an enemy or haven't played that far in like 10 seconds, that it shouldn't count against my team.