criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Last Jedi's Plot Holes Thread

24

Replies

  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    We sort of did see Crylo's training, Snoke mocked him mercilessly and ***** Crylo off to the point he destroyed the helmet.

    Snoke was right, it looked dumb :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Also, just as a general side note, most of these "plot holes" aren't plot holes at all, and the assumption that TLJ starts immediately after TFA obviously ignores the time it took for Rey to get to Acto(think I'm spelling that wrong)..

    The Cinematic ending movie starts at 1:14



    This clearly shows the beginning of TLJ couldn't take place more then 2 or so hours after the ending of TFA. since I doubt TIE-Fighters would be any slower then X-Wings in Hyperspace, judging by how long it took the X-Wings to arrive at Star-Killer base in TFA

    Even and I mean EVEN if we are somehow super lenient and say the movie's opening scene takes place a day after Resurrection that still means it's at best a day and a half

    And all this happened within a day
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    What is your end-game with all this?...

    To make my case, support my viewpoint and arguments and ultimately prove TLJ is a very bad movie

    But you can’t prove that dude, because it is not a bad movie to everyone. Your arguments mean nothing in that regard. Why do you feel the need to go on about this? Time to accept it I think.
    So I should just accept something bad and not push for quality or use my brain?

    Are you serious?

    It's okay I get it you like the movie for some reason you like the movie I can barely understand why but I accept it

    What I'm trying to tell you is that the movie is objectively bad and that is a fact it Suffers from Inconsistency, Forced Political messages that beat you over the head, bad execution of new and old characters, and a lack of explanations for what is going on in the greater Galaxy

    It's okay that you like it despite all of this you are free to do so but I will not have you go into this thread, offer nothing of value, and then proceed to tell me to get over it

    No, I will not.
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    This is all overanalyzing except for the lack of bowcaster scar.
    Snoke's face completely changed that's not overanalyzing
    Finn was attached to healing thingys for hours,
    How in the world does Bacta heal burned and fused bone? we've never seen it do that before and it is not explained

    Finn would have had long term scars and burns from being cut by a Light-Saber. but in the time span of a few hours he's somehow able to heal perfectly and suffer no residual effects

    Bacta has never been shown to be capable of this to such a degree over so little time
    we know nothing of the first order they most definitely could have assembled a fleet
    Exactly! once again we learn next to nothing about the Principal villain organization and we are in the middle of the Trilogy with only one film left

    I mean good grief come on
    Kylo Ren’s training could have been killing Rey,
    Never once in the film did it say that and that wouldn't be training that would be a quest
    Knights of Ren do exist,
    Not according to this movie
    The knights or Ren had a 3 second screen time in TFA. Snap Wexley had dialogue and just because he wasn’t in TLJ doesn’t mean he’s dead.

    First order is supposed to be mysterious (or an underdeveloped copy of the Empire but that wouldn’t be TLJ fault)


    latest?cb=20170910213521
    snoke610.jpg
    Still not seeing much of a difference



  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    The movie sucked from the moment they apparently "dropped bombs" in outer space in the absence of gravity onward... not to mention the entire Finn storyline had absolutely 0 point and should have been left on the cutting room floor, and the manufactured drama with Poa and Laura (how about the leader spends an extra 2 sentences saying "here is our position, here is our plan" and that whole drama is unnecessary). Oh, and if you can drive a spaceship into another ship at lightspeed and wreck it... why haven't they been doing this before??? Just rig a droid, click lightspeed, blow up star destroyer... movie was WACK

    The best part of the movie is when R2D2 plays the Leia clip from the original movie... I think that says all that needs to be said.

    "they apparently "dropped bombs" in outer space in the absence of gravity onward..."
    the bombs are magnetic they are attracted tot he target. and even then if you had any knowlegde of Outer space. if something is given momentum it will keep moving. same principle would apply to the bombs. give them a little nudge. and down to the target they go.

    Finn Arc- Agreed

    Poe and Holdo Argument- Agreed

    "Oh, and if you can drive a spaceship into another ship at lightspeed and wreck it... why haven't they been doing this before??? Just rig a droid, click lightspeed, blow up star destroyer..."
    ever thought that it would require a pretty large ship to do? and even then the ship is most likely Destroyed in the process. It would be a massive waste of resources. something the rebellion/Resistance cannot spare.
    Seriously go ask any military commander how effective and great of a idea it is to take a 50K ton Battleship and ram it into another battleship. they will laugh at how naive you are and proceed to tell you how wasteful of resources that is.
    Same principle here.
  • DarthDidds wrote: »
    Dude, those are not plot holes.

    THIS is a plot hole:

    - Why can't the First Order use a short hyperspace jump to get ahead of the fleeing resistance ship, or why can't they call other ships to jump in and trap the ship? There is no reason for them to chase a ship for the whole movie. It's ridiculous.


    This. The movie feels like it was written by Dumb and Dumber. 18 hour pointless chase. Bring in Purple Haired Admiral, who doesnt trust their BEST pilot Poe - who was trusted enough to get the final piece for the map to Skywalker - so wont tell him their 'plan'. Just so we can have yet another pointless side story, mutiny and Casino planet.

    Admiral Ackbar - whose death should have been what the Purple haired clown did - not being sucked out into space and never spoken of again.

    Every aspect - the woman is there to better the man, as Finn is turned into a 'Side Show Bob' clown and whose greatest moment to sacrifice himself - is thwarted by.... another woman.

    Then there's the Resistance bombers - if they had them, why didn't they use them to attack Starkiller base?

    Anyone who defends this tripe movie has lower standards than EA.

    You’re sexism makes every other point you try to make moot. Let’s be honest, you don’t like it because you’re mad there’s a woman lead

    Please. As expected, the obvious needs to be explained. All for equality opportunity, loved Rey, love Jyn - here, its shoved down peoples faces. There actually was no reason to have the Purple Haired Admiral - none.

    This video will help you understand. But I doubt very much you will bother to watch it as you want to just remain clueless on the entire subject.

  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Madinogi wrote: »
    "Oh, and if you can drive a spaceship into another ship at lightspeed and wreck it... why haven't they been doing this before??? Just rig a droid, click lightspeed, blow up star destroyer..."
    ever thought that it would require a pretty large ship to do? and even then the ship is most likely Destroyed in the process. It would be a massive waste of resources. something the rebellion/Resistance cannot spare.
    Seriously go ask any military commander how effective and great of a idea it is to take a 50K ton Battleship and ram it into another battleship. they will laugh at how naive you are and proceed to tell you how wasteful of resources that is.
    Same principle here.

    By all means no one is questioning the Supremacy being critically damaged by the Raddus that actually makes sense

    You see what we're complaining about is the fact the Raddus grew mass and was able to K.O. like 15 3-Mile long Star Destroyers by cutting through them like a Pizza slice

    If a 3,000 Meter long Ship can take down a entire fleet of 3,000 Mile long ships simply by going into Hyper-Space and crashing into one of them

    Why in the world wouldn't all Rebels just do this then?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • Szavwa
    220 posts Member
    Loving these tears. Keep 'em comin! YUMYUM!

    Srsly though, the only valid superficial inconsistency you point out is Ren's scar. If you care about that at all, you can't be helped from my point of view. Everything else is baseless and only a problem based on your desire to poop on the movie for whatever reason. It's not "objectively" bad as you so dismissively put it. Your smugness is psychopathic. I truly hope you don't get on like this with family and friends if you have any. Truly pitiable human behavior on display.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Szavwa wrote: »
    Loving these tears. Keep 'em comin! YUMYUM!

    Srsly though, the only valid superficial inconsistency you point out is Ren's scar. If you care about that at all, you can't be helped from my point of view. Everything else is baseless and only a problem based on your desire to poop on the movie for whatever reason. It's not "objectively" bad as you so dismissively put it. Your smugness is psychopathic. I truly hope you don't get on like this with family and friends if you have any. Truly pitiable human behavior on display.



    Uhh, I tried finding a funny GIF or reply to send but uhh

    This is a new level of weird

    I've never had someone call me a Psychopath before
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    What is your end-game with all this?...

    To make my case, support my viewpoint and arguments and ultimately prove TLJ is a very bad movie

    But you can’t prove that dude, because it is not a bad movie to everyone. Your arguments mean nothing in that regard. Why do you feel the need to go on about this? Time to accept it I think.
    So I should just accept something bad and not push for quality or use my brain?

    Are you serious?

    It's okay I get it you like the movie for some reason you like the movie I can barely understand why but I accept it

    What I'm trying to tell you is that the movie is objectively bad and that is a fact it Suffers from Inconsistency, Forced Political messages that beat you over the head, bad execution of new and old characters, and a lack of explanations for what is going on in the greater Galaxy

    It's okay that you like it despite all of this you are free to do so but I will not have you go into this thread, offer nothing of value, and then proceed to tell me to get over it

    No, I will not.

    You can push for seeing stuff you like in future installments, all you want. I don’t care about that. But you will have to accept that you won’t be able to prove anything regarding quality, because it’s not for you to decide. Those things you mentioned doesn’t equal poor quality, objectively. You say you accept that other people like it, why not do that without remarks? You don’t get to ”tell” me anything about the quality. I’m perfectly capable of judging that for myself. If that is of no value to you, so be it. To me it is.

  • SSJSnoop
    2198 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Bregnok wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    The one complaint the OP keeps having is that everybody is healed? That’s seriously the one thing you can’t wrap your head around, after watching an entire Star Wars movie. You think the first order doesn’t have means of quick healing, especially given Kylo Ren’s strength with the force? Do you not remember Finn waking up in a bacta suit and leaking everywhere?

    Yeah, bacta and other medical tools in the SW universe seems like they can work wonders. Anakin lost several limbs and was burnt to a crisp, and yet he was able to walk and become one of the most powerful sith in the galaxy.

    So you are telling me that in the timespan of a day Kylo Ren underwent Surgery, trained, talked with Snoke and then was able to be apart of the invasion force?

    In a day

    Also if Bacta is so good then why did Luke still have that Scar from the Wampa for so long?

    This film plays left and loose with the Canon so much that I honestly have to wonder if they even looked at the prior material to keep stuff consistent

    Also there's a big difference between magic wounds healing in no time compared to hours/days long (Depending on the sources) surgery that ultimately left Vader stuck in a giant Life Support Suit for the rest of his life and which if his breathing tube was disconnected for 10 minutes would kill him

    If iirc, Mark Hamil was in a car accident, and they added the Wampa thing to explain the scars.

    There was a time gap of ~ 2 years between the events of ANH and ESB, so they could have explained it.

    The TLJ time frame worked for Rey & Luke, but threw off everything else.

    I'm sure if they did that people would have asked why does he have scars? Plus no one seems to have a problem with them showing it. It was just one of those things that real life affected the movie, so it's not really substantial for evidence from my point of view. Im not entirely sure from my understanding of hyperspace that it took place in as short of time as believed, but id have to watch it again to be sure. I can certainly understand having issues with the movie, but I don't think the healing thing is worthwhile. It's like getting upset over 12 parsecs. Sure it's wrong and they may have tried to fix it in expanded, but I still like ANH.
  • This pretty much is how you sound. It's good that critics, boxoffice and future generations will proove you wrong
  • Heart.

    The original trilogy had it. Even the prequels in a small way had it. TFA, in a smaller way had a pulse.

    TLJ, was just stillborn.

    I can defo see future SW movies going the same way as DC ones. Box office smashes, but dour and dire.

    Heck people keep on talking about how it’s such a great movie because of the box office records, well the transformers movies make billions too.

    Not telling Poe the plan was what made me shake my head it, coupled with the conversation with Superwoman Leia and Jurassic Holdo saying how they like him but we ain’t telling him jack.

    And how can you relate or like Poe. The man just throws away troops like no tomorrow.

    Plot holes and plot killers is what this film does.

    Oh and the opening crawl in TLJ says “Supreme leader Snoke now deploys his merciless legions to seize MILITARY control of the galaxy”. So where is the military? Just those few ships they had? Why not call n the rest in front of the resistance?

    Where’s all the money come from to build the ships? The star killer base? It took the empire what 16 years to build and if you read the book Thrawn, you will see that a Metal (cannot remember it’s name) was needed in vast quantities and you could sell for a fortune.

    It’s the only SW movie I know I won’t be watching again. Jez, I’ve seen the AOTC at least 10 times and I don’t even like the movie!

    Bullet and The French Connection aren’t crapp8ng themselves on losing their chase scene crown that’s for sure.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Foxdie491 wrote: »
    This pretty much is how you sound. It's good that critics, boxoffice and future generations will proove you wrong

    But I'm only 17 if I'm not part of the intended Generation for this movie, then who is the Generation of 2099?

    And again I don't go to other sites, I don't frequent other forums, I didn't buy into the theories (Except for Rey Palpatine but I just thought that would be cool) I didn't do any of that

    All the views that I express Came From me, Are Said By me, and will stay with me

    I don't care what the Critics say most of them are bought and paid for by somebody, and I don't care what the Box-Office says the Transformer movies make a billion dollars every year but are reviled by the Critics and people

    So what does all this say?

    You did nothing to dispute what I have said but post some video that makes a strawman argument
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • Dang, you would think people would allow for some suspension of disbelief in a franchise about space wizards.
  • For me the big problem is there's no one left that I care about. Kylo Ren is probably the lamest Darkside force user in the history of Star Wars.

  • Also, just as a general side note, most of these "plot holes" aren't plot holes at all, and the assumption that TLJ starts immediately after TFA obviously ignores the time it took for Rey to get to Acto(think I'm spelling that wrong).

    Her story starts right where it left off, but thanks to the way the stores are being told simultaneously it's easy to forget that significant time likely passed between the destruction of SKB and Rey's arrival at the Jedi temple. That's plenty of time for Kylo to get healed up as well as Finn, let's not forget this is a sci-fi franchise with well established accelerated healing technologies.

    I don't really want to beat a dead horse but this is exactly what I am talking about with continuity issues. I get that it is difficult to show the passage of time traveling through hyperspace in a feature film. But the way TFA portrayed it, Rey takes off from the base with Chewie, jumps to lightspeed and then almost immediately arrives at her destination. I can let that slide because as a fan I know that it can take days to travel through hyperspace.

    However, what throws it all off for me is that TLJ starts with the evacuation scene but then when that is over, there is Rey still holding out the lightsaber. From that point it makes it seem as if the action occurring in two separate parts of the galaxy are occurring simultaneously. I would probably not have a problem with it if the order were reversed with starting exactly where TFA left off, showing some time passage of some training and then cut to evac., but they way it is portrayed is just clunky and awkward.

  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    And how can you relate or like Poe. The man just throws away troops like no tomorrow.

    He studied the Jedi General strategies from the Clone Wars, full frontal assault every time

    Not telling Poe the plan was what made me shake my head it

    He didn't have a need to know, his fighter squadron got blown away, so he was more a cowboy without a horse, plus they didn't know how they were being tracked, except for Finn. The less people that know a secret, the harder it is for the 'spy' to find out the plan. Poe just sending Rose & Finn off BEFORE they let command know what was going on was worse. Poe should have been executed for treason.

    Bullet and The French Connection aren’t crapp8ng themselves on losing their chase scene crown that’s for sure.

    TLJ had the dullest chase I've ever seen
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    And how can you relate or like Poe. The man just throws away troops like no tomorrow.

    He studied the Jedi General strategies from the Clone Wars, full frontal assault every time

    Not telling Poe the plan was what made me shake my head it

    He didn't have a need to know, his fighter squadron got blown away, so he was more a cowboy without a horse, plus they didn't know how they were being tracked, except for Finn. The less people that know a secret, the harder it is for the 'spy' to find out the plan. Poe just sending Rose & Finn off BEFORE they let command know what was going on was worse. Poe should have been executed for treason.

    Bullet and The French Connection aren’t crapp8ng themselves on losing their chase scene crown that’s for sure.

    TLJ had the dullest chase I've ever seen

    I think the general opinion is " You go Poe because ***** Holdo."
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    And how can you relate or like Poe. The man just throws away troops like no tomorrow.

    He studied the Jedi General strategies from the Clone Wars, full frontal assault every time

    Not telling Poe the plan was what made me shake my head it

    He didn't have a need to know, his fighter squadron got blown away, so he was more a cowboy without a horse, plus they didn't know how they were being tracked, except for Finn. The less people that know a secret, the harder it is for the 'spy' to find out the plan. Poe just sending Rose & Finn off BEFORE they let command know what was going on was worse. Poe should have been executed for treason.

    Bullet and The French Connection aren’t crapp8ng themselves on losing their chase scene crown that’s for sure.

    TLJ had the dullest chase I've ever seen

    I think the general opinion is " You go Poe because **** Holdo."

    True, but I found both militarys so inept in tlj I got stuck on it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • The more I think about TLJ, the more i'm convinced that it originally was going to have a completely different tone but for some reason they couldn't get it to work so just decided on a family comedy instead.

    And I won't forgive them for killing Tallie off so early :)
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Foxdie491 wrote: »
    This pretty much is how you sound. It's good that critics, boxoffice and future generations will proove you wrong

    But I'm only 17 if I'm not part of the intended Generation for this movie, then who is the Generation of 2099?

    And again I don't go to other sites, I don't frequent other forums, I didn't buy into the theories (Except for Rey Palpatine but I just thought that would be cool) I didn't do any of that

    All the views that I express Came From me, Are Said By me, and will stay with me

    I don't care what the Critics say most of them are bought and paid for by somebody, and I don't care what the Box-Office says the Transformer movies make a billion dollars every year but are reviled by the Critics and people

    So what does all this say?

    You did nothing to dispute what I have said but post some video that makes a strawman argument

    You don't get to accuse people of straw man arguments and claim any critics that don't agree with you are bought and paid for, that's pretty much the pinnacle of a straw man argument in itself.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    I guess I just don't care about all the novels and comics I read relating to the OT and all that. Ohh... :/
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    I guess I just don't care about all the novels and comics I read relating to the OT and all that. Ohh... :/

    Yea, you don't love the OT like true fans.

    Enjoy watching TLJ again on blu ray.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    I guess I just don't care about all the novels and comics I read relating to the OT and all that. Ohh... :/

    Yea, you don't love the OT like true fans.

    Enjoy watching TLJ again on blu ray.

    Can't I watch all the SW movies and enjoy them? :)
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Szavwa
    220 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    OOM19 wrote: »

    I've never had someone call me a Psychopath before

    You're hard of reading. I said your behavior on this matter is psychopathic. I mean it informally as obsessive, not a psychiatric diagnosis. It's pretty obvious that you're obsessing over this... which isn't a bad thing, BUT when you insist on saying incredible stuff like "TLJ was OBJECTIVELY bad", you're either trolling or you've broken with reality and your obsession is clouding your better judgment.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    You just need constant validation of your own opinion that it's WAY more sad than all of this armchair movie criticizing.

    And by the way you're just insulting people and their tastes....has nothing to do with "your truth". You must be very young and naive.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    I guess I just don't care about all the novels and comics I read relating to the OT and all that. Ohh... :/

    Yea, you don't love the OT like true fans.

    Enjoy watching TLJ again on blu ray.

    Can't I watch all the SW movies and enjoy them? :)

    Yes. You do you. I'll enjoy them all with you.
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    I guess I just don't care about all the novels and comics I read relating to the OT and all that. Ohh... :/

    Yea, you don't love the OT like true fans.

    Enjoy watching TLJ again on blu ray.

    Can't I watch all the SW movies and enjoy them? :)

    nope :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    You just need constant validation of your own opinion that it's WAY more sad than all of this armchair movie criticizing.

    And by the way you're just insulting people and their tastes....has nothing to do with "your truth". You must be very young and naive.

    Sorry my opinion hurts your feelings snowflake. Free country.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    You just need constant validation of your own opinion that it's WAY more sad than all of this armchair movie criticizing.

    And by the way you're just insulting people and their tastes....has nothing to do with "your truth". You must be very young and naive.

    Sorry I hurt your feelings snowflake.

  • Of course the movie has major plot holes. When the director couldn’t care less about what went on in the other films, you expect it to have plot holes. Rian has made it abundantly clear he was only interested in writing this movie the way he wanted and couldn’t of cared less if it fit in well with the other films. He treated this films like a solo independent film. He’s even stated he doesn’t care what the fans what he’s only concerned with what he (Rian) wants
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The people who like TLJ and defend it don't really care about Star Wars.
    Lol, who are you to say that? So George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, doesn't care about Star Wars? :D

    George Lucas has become a crackpot and is irrelevant.

    The people who defend The Last Jedi don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the OT. The care about the prequels, clone war, rebels, and star wars forces, stuff like that more.

    It's sad.

    Seriously, this is such a juvenile thing to say....just stop it. You're not good at judging or generalizing people....get a life.

    It only hurts because there is truth to it.

    You just need constant validation of your own opinion that it's WAY more sad than all of this armchair movie criticizing.

    And by the way you're just insulting people and their tastes....has nothing to do with "your truth". You must be very young and naive.

    Sorry I hurt your feelings snowflake.
    200.gif
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Lmao

    Sorry, but I'm with Mark Hamil on this, the movie sucked.

    Opinions...
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Lmao

    Sorry, but I'm with Mark Hamil on this, the movie sucked.

    Opinions...
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/18/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-thoughts-luke-skywalker/
    Mark doesn’t hate it, he just had fears about it, and they were quelled. So don’t bother spreading lies.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Yea, it wasn't that DIsney told him to stop expressing his true feelings on the movie anymore and just be nice about TLJ...oh wait.

    There is almost too much footage of Mark Hamil decrying the movie for the past year.

    He's with me, sorry.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Yea, it wasn't that DIsney told him to stop expressing his true feelings on the movie anymore and just be nice about TLJ...oh wait.

    There is almost too much footage of Mark Hamil decrying the movie for the past year.

    He's with me, sorry.
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/30/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rumor-ending-changed-mark-hamill/
    Are there any more rumors that you pulled from the trash compactor?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Yea, it wasn't that DIsney told him to stop expressing his true feelings on the movie anymore and just be nice about TLJ...oh wait.

    There is almost too much footage of Mark Hamil decrying the movie for the past year.

    He's with me, sorry.
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/30/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rumor-ending-changed-mark-hamill/
    Are there any more rumors that you pulled from the trash compactor?

    I heard a rumor that jar jar is the key to all of this...
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Foxdie491 wrote: »
    This pretty much is how you sound. It's good that critics, boxoffice and future generations will proove you wrong

    But I'm only 17 if I'm not part of the intended Generation for this movie, then who is the Generation of 2099?

    And again I don't go to other sites, I don't frequent other forums, I didn't buy into the theories (Except for Rey Palpatine but I just thought that would be cool) I didn't do any of that

    All the views that I express Came From me, Are Said By me, and will stay with me

    I don't care what the Critics say most of them are bought and paid for by somebody, and I don't care what the Box-Office says the Transformer movies make a billion dollars every year but are reviled by the Critics and people

    So what does all this say?

    You did nothing to dispute what I have said but post some video that makes a strawman argument

    You don't get to accuse people of straw man arguments and claim any critics that don't agree with you are bought and paid for, that's pretty much the pinnacle of a straw man argument in itself.

    Perhaps

    But we live in a world where a Video Game Publisher knocked a game for having too much Water

    So I generally don't follow any Reviews I'll watch one or two every now and then but I make my own opinions generally by myself

    You may have something there but who knows

    There's a difference between not listening to Critics and making this silly Alternate Timeline Monkey Wrench Fest theory about the Internet existing back then
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Szavwa wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »

    I've never had someone call me a Psychopath before

    You're hard of reading. I said your behavior on this matter is psychopathic. I mean it informally as obsessive, not a psychiatric diagnosis. It's pretty obvious that you're obsessing over this... which isn't a bad thing, BUT when you insist on saying incredible stuff like "TLJ was OBJECTIVELY bad", you're either trolling or you've broken with reality and your obsession is clouding your better judgment.
    Okay

    Uhh, I'm sorry for pointing out the flaws in your movie and stating that there are more then enough of them to call the movie objectively bad and plain mediocre

    Sorry that made you so mad that you had to pull out every fancy doctorate word you've ever heard

    I'm just going to stop replying
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    I don't even listen to the critics anymore, it feels like they rate based off the latest Hollywood agenda checklist.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    I don't even listen to the critics anymore, it feels like they rate based off the latest Hollywood agenda checklist.

    Exactly. I’ve thought the same thing.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    I don't even listen to the critics anymore, it feels like they rate based off the latest Hollywood agenda checklist.

    Yeah none of them are unbiased anymore and always feel like I'm reading someone's blog

    Seriously look at some of the Reports and reviews on The Mummy

    They all feel like they were written by the same person and they strangely all cheered about the Universe being cancelled in pretty much the same way
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • Kevin Smith's review is the epitome of shill/sellout.
  • Awww poor baby....feel better now? Have you thrown your tantrum enough?
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Awww poor baby....feel better now? Have you thrown your tantrum enough?

    No
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Awww poor baby....feel better now? Have you thrown your tantrum enough?

    No
    Is all this hate over TLJ secretly driven by the lack of OOM-9 in Battlefront 2? ;)
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Tantrum? Lol

    I'm sorry that Mark Hamil also agrees the movie sucks and doesn't even consider that to be the real Luke Skywalker, he calls him Jake Skywalker.

    Me and Mark are fools I know.
Sign In or Register to comment.