criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Last Jedi's Plot Holes Thread

13

Replies

  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Awww poor baby....feel better now? Have you thrown your tantrum enough?

    No
    Is all this hate over TLJ secretly driven by the lack of OOM-9 in Battlefront 2? ;)



    "Once Or Twice"
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Tantrum? Lol

    I'm sorry that Mark Hamil also agrees the movie sucks and doesn't even consider that to be the real Luke Skywalker, he calls him Jake Skywalker.

    Me and Mark are fools I know.
    Must have overlooked my previous post, and I’m pretty sure he fully accepts TLJ Luke. He and Rian just had different views, like everyone else.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Tantrum? Lol

    I'm sorry that Mark Hamil also agrees the movie sucks and doesn't even consider that to be the real Luke Skywalker, he calls him Jake Skywalker.

    Me and Mark are fools I know.
    Must have overlooked my previous post, and I’m pretty sure he fully accepts TLJ Luke. He and Rian just had different views, like everyone else.

    Not agreeing with anyone here, but Mark made it fairly clear before release, well before it actually, that he didnt agree with the way Luke was to be portrayed in TLJ. Theres a video of him somewhere on Youtube (if I find it I will link it) mentioning what he disagrees with and how he thought Jedi Luke should be portrayed. He has even come out and said he thought George Lucas had some good ideas that he thought would work too but Disney said no.

    So I would say theres not much he can do now so will he say some niceties for the films sake and other actors in it, but its obvious he doesnt fully accept TLJ Luke
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Tantrum? Lol

    I'm sorry that Mark Hamil also agrees the movie sucks and doesn't even consider that to be the real Luke Skywalker, he calls him Jake Skywalker.

    Me and Mark are fools I know.

    WHO CARES??? Haha you act like you and Mark Hamill are friends....I guess you are just an angry little person. The "Mark Hamill hates it" is SOO debunked like two weeks ago. Get your head out of the hole.

    Oh and Alec Guiness HATED A New Hope....he thought it was trite and ridiculous.....does this validate you to hate the original Star Wars now? Because using your pathetic logic of letting others think for you...it seems you should hate it.
  • I don't need Mark to agree with me...it just so happens he does and you apologists are salty about it.

    Gotta love opinions, esp when they coincide with the lead actor of the OT.
  • Datalore17
    63 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Delete
  • Harrison Ford doesnt like any of the Star Wars movies, even the ones hes in. Does that mean the movies are bad?
  • I gotta agree with @SSJSnoop on this one. Mark made it obvious he disliked what they did with Luke, and how he fundamentally disagreed with Rian's direction.

    And if Disney tells you to shut your mouth for trash talking their movie, and since you signed that magical contract, you can't talk bad about the film like Mark was doing. Especially since he has an estimated earnings of high seven to low eight digit earnings from TLJ.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Harrison Ford doesnt like any of the Star Wars movies, even the ones hes in. Does that mean the movies are bad?

    Lol. That’s just Harrison
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Szavwa wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »

    I've never had someone call me a Psychopath before

    You're hard of reading. I said your behavior on this matter is psychopathic. I mean it informally as obsessive, not a psychiatric diagnosis. It's pretty obvious that you're obsessing over this... which isn't a bad thing, BUT when you insist on saying incredible stuff like "TLJ was OBJECTIVELY bad", you're either trolling or you've broken with reality and your obsession is clouding your better judgment.
    Okay

    Uhh, I'm sorry for pointing out the flaws in your movie and stating that there are more then enough of them to call the movie objectively bad and plain mediocre

    Sorry that made you so mad that you had to pull out every fancy doctorate word you've ever heard

    I'm just going to stop replying
    Sorry I lost my temper. I’ll try to explain why I disagree in a more constructive manner.

    I agree with two of your criticisms: Kylo’s face scar placement and Hux’s lamb chops. Everything else you listed was either false (Finn’s jacket) or up for interpretation in which you only choose the least charitable version.

    What do you mean Kylo’s scar was healed? All scars were accounted for in his shirtless scene. Seems like he and Finn had some quality bacta time.

    Kylo’s training was completed when he “killed” “Snoke” (what/ whover that was in the dreadnought throne room- I tend to think Ben is projecting him because he’s ***** futs though it’s more plausible Snoke is still wherever TFA throne is and he was either projecting or mind-controlling Kylo, Rey, Hux and the Praetorian Guard. Either way, it’s very likely he/ it’s alive in some form). Snoke mutually projects Rey and Kylo knowing the relationship the’re forming. He knows exactly what his apprentice is planning when threatening to kill Rey. He believes Kylo’s training is complete when he takes control of the FO. Meanwhile, Snokes cooking up something with the Knights of Ren somewhere... this is my form of charitable speculation.

    No issue with Hux salvaging that fleet on his way off Starkiller.

    I don’t understand your issue with the Knights of Ren. Luke alludes to them when telling Rey the true story about his failure. I’m confident they’ll play a roll in 9.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1366 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    I don't need Mark to agree with me...it just so happens he does and you apologists are salty about it.

    Gotta love opinions, esp when they coincide with the lead actor of the OT.

    He doesn’t... But I know that won’t make a difference. You don’t really care about that, do you? Gotta love opinions:

    hamill-regrets-1069411.jpeg
  • I gotta agree with @SSJSnoop on this one. Mark made it obvious he disliked what they did with Luke, and how he fundamentally disagreed with Rian's direction.

    And if Disney tells you to shut your mouth for trash talking their movie, and since you signed that magical contract, you can't talk bad about the film like Mark was doing. Especially since he has an estimated earnings of high seven to low eight digit earnings from TLJ.

    Exactly.

    People don't want to believe Mark Hamil dislikes the movie, it shatters their perspective.
  • Wrong...you don't ever hear what YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR....it shatters your perspective.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    I gotta agree with @SSJSnoop on this one. Mark made it obvious he disliked what they did with Luke, and how he fundamentally disagreed with Rian's direction.

    And if Disney tells you to shut your mouth for trash talking their movie, and since you signed that magical contract, you can't talk bad about the film like Mark was doing. Especially since he has an estimated earnings of high seven to low eight digit earnings from TLJ.

    Exactly.

    People don't want to believe Mark Hamil dislikes the movie, it shatters their perspective.

    From what it looks like, it is you who can’t handle the fact that Mark Hamill thinks TLJ is ”an all-time GREAT” movie... That you can’t use him to validate your opinion anymore.
  • In truth, a real Jedi wouldn't be terrified of Kylo and his so called hidden powers, no matter how powerful they might have been. Luke almost betrayed everything he stood for and tried to kill Kylo. Is this really Luke, nope. Then he decides to run and hide because he felt too weak against the rising dark side. This is what people can't accept. A weaksauce runaway character.
  • In truth, a real Jedi wouldn't be terrified of Kylo and his so called hidden powers, no matter how powerful they might have been. Luke almost betrayed everything he stood for and tried to kill Kylo. Is this really Luke, nope. Then he decides to run and hide because he felt too weak against the rising dark side. This is what people can't accept. A weaksauce runaway character.
    He wasn't terrified of Kylo, he was terrified that his actions would cause more conflict in the galaxy. Luke had a moment of weakness, but he realized he was wrong in the end. This isn't hard to believe, as he witnessed all the destruction that Vader once brought to the galaxy, and he was terrified seeing it all happen again because of Ben.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Luke should've talked to him before trying to kill him. That's the logical thing to do isn't it? He was so paranoid and sure he would fail he didnt. Luke, the guy who tried to save Vader just went to do the opposite. Either he was terrified of Kylos hidden powers or his tendencies to go dark and felt helpless. Either way, Luke wouldn't be so desperate and attempt to kill Kylo and would try to save him first.
  • In truth, a real Jedi wouldn't be terrified of Kylo and his so called hidden powers, no matter how powerful they might have been. Luke almost betrayed everything he stood for and tried to kill Kylo. Is this really Luke, nope. Then he decides to run and hide because he felt too weak against the rising dark side. This is what people can't accept. A weaksauce runaway character.
    He wasn't terrified of Kylo, he was terrified that his actions would cause more conflict in the galaxy. Luke had a moment of weakness, but he realized he was wrong in the end. This isn't hard to believe, as he witnessed all the destruction that Vader once brought to the galaxy, and he was terrified seeing it all happen again because of Ben.
    This.

    Here’s a good write-up of reasons why many embrace TLJ luke:
    http://bigshinyrobot.com/60239/luke-skywalkers-arc-star-wars-last-jedi/
  • SSJSnoop
    2197 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Do I really need to post any or all those videos of Mark talking about how he disliked the movie before it released? Are you guys in that much denial? Or how about the post-premiere press conferences where he can't even hide his displeasure with the movie?

    Disney came down on him after the movie bombed with fans and people made so many compilations that went viral of him talking bad about Disney and the movie.

    Its pretty obvious Disney told him to stop talking smack about TLJ, vindicate the movie, and tweet that out.

    Mark Hamil does not like TLJ and you guys know it.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Do I really need to post any or all those videos of Mark talking about how he disliked the movie before it released? Are you guys in that much denial? Or how about the post-premiere press conferences where he can't even hide his displeasure with the movie?

    Disney came down on him after the movie bombed with fans and people made so many compilations that went viral of him talking bad about Disney and the movie.

    Its pretty obvious Disney told him to stop talking smack about TLJ, vindicate the movie, and tweet that out.

    Mark Hamil does not like TLJ and you guys know it.

    Yeah, that’s exactly what you’re gonna have to, if you wanna use Mark Hamill like you do. And the unedited versions please. Not the ones put together by angry fans to validate their hate for TLJ: You know, the ones that made Hamill post the tweet above to clarify what he meant. So freakishly ugly to use a guy’s name like that. What is obvious to you is not relevant.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Do I really need to post any or all those videos of Mark talking about how he disliked the movie before it released? Are you guys in that much denial? Or how about the post-premiere press conferences where he can't even hide his displeasure with the movie?

    Disney came down on him after the movie bombed with fans and people made so many compilations that went viral of him talking bad about Disney and the movie.

    Its pretty obvious Disney told him to stop talking smack about TLJ, vindicate the movie, and tweet that out.

    Mark Hamil does not like TLJ and you guys know it.

    Yeah, that’s exactly what you’re gonna have to, if you wanna use Mark Hamill like you do. And the unedited versions please. Not the ones put together by angry fans to validate their hate for TLJ: You know, the ones that made Hamill post the tweet above to clarify what he meant. So freakishly ugly to use a guy’s name like that. What is obvious to you is not relevant.

    This.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Do I really need to post any or all those videos of Mark talking about how he disliked the movie before it released? Are you guys in that much denial? Or how about the post-premiere press conferences where he can't even hide his displeasure with the movie?

    Disney came down on him after the movie bombed with fans and people made so many compilations that went viral of him talking bad about Disney and the movie.

    Its pretty obvious Disney told him to stop talking smack about TLJ, vindicate the movie, and tweet that out.

    Mark Hamil does not like TLJ and you guys know it.
    tumblr_n64krfHbRg1qgxs2vo1_500.gif
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Luke should've talked to him before trying to kill him. That's the logical thing to do isn't it? He was so paranoid and sure he would fail he didnt. Luke, the guy who tried to save Vader just went to do the opposite. Either he was terrified of Kylos hidden powers or his tendencies to go dark and felt helpless. Either way, Luke wouldn't be so desperate and attempt to kill Kylo and would try to save him first.

    So true. I mean, he didn't even strike down Emperor Palpatine at the end of ROTJ, because killing him out of anger would make him go to the Dark Side. He didn't even kill his father, who had actually done some really bad stuff. And Palps was WAY worse.

    Oh, but my nephew who shows some Dark Side tendencies, yeah, I should kill him. He went to Vader and tried to convince him to change from the Dark back to the Light when there was barely any light in him. Now, why would he brandish his saber and actually thinks of killing Kylo. No only does he think of killing his nephew, but he ACTUALLY grabs his saber and is holding it out. There's a HUGE difference between a "fleeting thought" and actually starting to perform what you were thinking about.

    Think of it this way: your boss just fired a good portion of your fellow co-workers, all because he is greedy and would rather get a fatter check at the end of the month. If you think in your head," man, the world would be better off with out this pathetic waste of space", that's fine. However, if you start to go and grab the stapler and get ready to actually kill him, that's too far.

    I don't entirety disagree with Luke moping around, since whenever he fails hard, he does that. However, the whole "Imma kill my nephew because he is getting closer to the Dark Side and I can't reason with him like I did to my seemingly to-far-gone father" is just horrendous writing that defeats his character.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Luke should've talked to him before trying to kill him. That's the logical thing to do isn't it? He was so paranoid and sure he would fail he didnt. Luke, the guy who tried to save Vader just went to do the opposite. Either he was terrified of Kylos hidden powers or his tendencies to go dark and felt helpless. Either way, Luke wouldn't be so desperate and attempt to kill Kylo and would try to save him first.

    So true. I mean, he didn't even strike down Emperor Palpatine at the end of ROTJ, because killing him out of anger would make him go to the Dark Side. He didn't even kill his father, who had actually done some really bad stuff. And Palps was WAY worse.

    Oh, but my nephew who shows some Dark Side tendencies, yeah, I should kill him. He went to Vader and tried to convince him to change from the Dark back to the Light when there was barely any light in him. Now, why would he brandish his saber and actually thinks of killing Kylo. No only does he think of killing his nephew, but he ACTUALLY grabs his saber and is holding it out. There's a HUGE difference between a "fleeting thought" and actually starting to perform what you were thinking about.

    Think of it this way: your boss just fired a good portion of your fellow co-workers, all because he is greedy and would rather get a fatter check at the end of the month. If you think in your head," man, the world would be better off with out this pathetic waste of space", that's fine. However, if you start to go and grab the stapler and get ready to actually kill him, that's too far.

    I don't entirety disagree with Luke moping around, since whenever he fails hard, he does that. However, the whole "Imma kill my nephew because he is getting closer to the Dark Side and I can't reason with him like I did to my seemingly to-far-gone father" is just horrendous writing that defeats his character.

    It was a similar moment to when he was about to take Vader out, but Palps started to laugh and snapped him out of it. If Palps could have kept quiet another 10 seconds.....
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Luke should've talked to him before trying to kill him. That's the logical thing to do isn't it? He was so paranoid and sure he would fail he didnt. Luke, the guy who tried to save Vader just went to do the opposite. Either he was terrified of Kylos hidden powers or his tendencies to go dark and felt helpless. Either way, Luke wouldn't be so desperate and attempt to kill Kylo and would try to save him first.

    So true. I mean, he didn't even strike down Emperor Palpatine at the end of ROTJ, because killing him out of anger would make him go to the Dark Side. He didn't even kill his father, who had actually done some really bad stuff. And Palps was WAY worse.

    Oh, but my nephew who shows some Dark Side tendencies, yeah, I should kill him. He went to Vader and tried to convince him to change from the Dark back to the Light when there was barely any light in him. Now, why would he brandish his saber and actually thinks of killing Kylo. No only does he think of killing his nephew, but he ACTUALLY grabs his saber and is holding it out. There's a HUGE difference between a "fleeting thought" and actually starting to perform what you were thinking about.

    Think of it this way: your boss just fired a good portion of your fellow co-workers, all because he is greedy and would rather get a fatter check at the end of the month. If you think in your head," man, the world would be better off with out this pathetic waste of space", that's fine. However, if you start to go and grab the stapler and get ready to actually kill him, that's too far.

    I don't entirety disagree with Luke moping around, since whenever he fails hard, he does that. However, the whole "Imma kill my nephew because he is getting closer to the Dark Side and I can't reason with him like I did to my seemingly to-far-gone father" is just horrendous writing that defeats his character.

    It was a similar moment to when he was about to take Vader out, but Palps started to laugh and snapped him out of it. If Palps could have kept quiet another 10 seconds.....

    Nah, Luke wouldn't have done it either way
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4


  • Original Video has been taken down. I wonder why...

    Limber up before you start the mental gymnastics......

    #NotMyLuke
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »


    Original Video has been taken down. I wonder why...

    Limber up before you start the mental gymnastics......

    #NotMyLuke

    Umm... no? He never says he dislikes the movie or that it sucks. You must’ve uploaded the wrong clip. This is the one where he’s talking about how he initially disagreed with the director on where his character was headed. A comment he later clarified, which I showed you.
  • LMAO Olympic level mental gymnast.

    Carry on denying the truth.

  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    This whole thread is just some superior TROLL B....S...
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Mark did originally bash the flick, then he did a 180.

    Look through old news stories.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    LMAO Olympic level mental gymnast.

    Carry on denying the truth.

    But he doesn’t say he dislikes the movie! What else is there to say? LOL. I ask you to show me where he says TLJ sucks, and you post the clip where he talks about his reaction to the Luke character? Why? He even ends by saying that he really believes Rian was the exact man they needed for this job!

    By the way, what do you say about this interview where he says the film is probably his favourite one since ESB?...


  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.
  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    Oh, I have no doubts about that. It’s the easy route. Sad indeed.
  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    This whole thread is just some superior TROLL B....S...
    This troll thread will make a fine addition to my collection! ;)
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • TheGeneral122513
    3864 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.

    This, 100% agree. I don't get why people are getting so annoyed and uptight to defend the film. It was decent - not bad, not great. But it threw a lot of good things out the window and added stuff for the PC crowd.

    Made me actually appreciate TFA a lot more.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • TFA>>>TLJ
  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?[/we]
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.
    This, 100% agree. I don't get why people are getting so annoyed and uptight to defend the film. It was decent - not bad, not great. But it threw a lot of good things out the window and added stuff for the PC crowd.

    Made me actually appreciate TFA a lot more.

    Bruh, I agree with you 100%.
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    TFA>>>TLJ

    This, so much.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    TFA>>>TLJ

    Both movies suffer from the same problems but at least TLJ had an original plot.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's called OPINIONS GENIUSES....you can have your hateful opinion all you want. But since you had to TROLL anyone who didn't hate it while you stomp your feet and make false accusations about Hamill hating TLJ (you still haven't provided a shred of proof)...thats why some of us feel the need to retort.

    But I'm done now....go back to your hateful lives trying to convince others to be just as shallow minded as you are....I'm sure you'll find plenty of other little brainers to follow you.

    CIAO
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    It's called OPINIONS GENIUSES....you can have your hateful opinion all you want. But since you had to TROLL anyone who didn't hate it while you stomp your feet and make false accusations about Hamill hating TLJ (you still haven't provided a shred of proof)...thats why some of us feel the need to retort.

    But I'm done now....go back to your hateful lives trying to convince others to be just as shallow minded as you are....I'm sure you'll find plenty of other little brainers to follow you.

    CIAO

    Woah they used caps, don't mess
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    TFA>>>TLJ

    Both movies suffer from the same problems but at least TLJ had an original plot.

    Eh, it kinda had a similar premise to TESB with a little bit of ROTJ. TFA was more like ANH.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    TFA>>>TLJ

    Both movies suffer from the same problems but at least TLJ had an original plot.

    Eh, it kinda had a similar premise to TESB with a little bit of ROTJ. TFA was more like ANH.

    But it’s nowhere near the replica that TFA was to ANH.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.

    I was hoping for a news story saying it actually came down to lawyers :(

    But yes, I recall it happening, at least being reported, as you do.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.

    I was hoping for a news story saying it actually came down to lawyers :(

    But yes, I recall it happening, at least being reported, as you do.

    I mean, THAT would really be bad for Disney if so lol.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.

    First of all, no one talked down to you... If you’re going to use a person as a tool to validate your opinion, you atleast should be able to back it up, don’t you think? If you’re saying that what we’ve been seeing is Disney taking legal action against Hamill, for speaking his mind about how he initially disagreed with the story of Luke Skywalker, then the burden of proof really is on you. Otherwise, maybe you should stay clear of the issue altogether? Why even go there?

    hamill-disney-comments-1070460.jpeg

    Also, I’ve yet to see any clip or article where Mark Hamill is actually saying he hates or dislikes TLJ. The ”not my Luke Skywalker” thing seems to have been taken way out of context... Yeah, he is saying that he didn’t initially agree with how Luke Skywalker was portrayed in TLJ and that this is not how he invisioned the character that has been a part of him for 40 years, it’s not his Luke Skywalker, but people have created some kind of weird movement out of it. If I were Mark Hamill, I’d be very uncomfortable with people using me in a hate campaign against myself, so to speak. He says he regrets talking about his initial reservations in public. I feel sorry for him.

    You can believe what you wanna believe aswell, no worries. But when you guys can’t back your claims up with anything, your suspicions aren’t that relevant. I simply have no reason to believe you.
  • I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Enlighten us. What really happened?
    bfloo wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they've been doing...staying in complete denial that their Uncle Mark doesn't hate what they want him to hate. So sad.

    So sad that you can't see the legal bull that really happened.

    Please enlighten us on this.

    It has to be more interesting than the last 5 pages of this movie was great, no it was terrible back and forth.
    Plus I'm out of popcorn

    Ok, just bear with me for a second. Mark was saying how he hated the way Luke was going in TLJ for months in advance prior to release. Not too long after the release, he did a complete 180, saying how it was a masterpiece and Rian is a great director. Now, to me, it seems like Disney came down on him and told him to shut his trap, because it isn't good for the film if one of the major actors talks bad about it. There was probably some contract binding or legal threats made by Disney to force him to change his opinion, and turn him from bashing the film to promoting it. He said something like he didn't like a film as much as when he made TESB.

    Given the fact that he was saying he's "not my Luke Skywalker" not too long ago and then completely changes his opinion to loving the film, seems a bit too suspicious for me.

    If you want to not believe in what I said, that's fine. However, when you talk down to me when I say I agree with someone else, then I don't care about your opinion as much.
    I've been out of popcorn for a while now lol.

    (No clue what these forums are up to right now... I went in to edit a spelling error and the whole post disappeared. Sorry if there’s a double post)

    First of all, no one talked down to you... If you’re going to use a person as a tool to validate your opinion, you atleast should be able to back it up, don’t you think? If you’re saying that what we’ve been seeing is Disney taking legal action against Hamill, for speaking his mind about how he initially disagreed with the story of Luke Skywalker, then the burden of proof really is on you. Otherwise, maybe you should stay clear of the subject altogether? Why even go there?

    hamill-disney-comments-1070460.jpeg

    Also, I’ve yet to see any clip or article where Mark Hamill is actually saying he hates or dislikes TLJ. The ”not my Luke Skywalker” thing seems to have been taken way out of context... Yeah, he is saying that he didn’t initially agree with how Luke Skywalker was portrayed in TLJ and that this is not how he invisioned the character that has been a part of him for 40 years, it’s not his Luke Skywalker - it’s Rian Johnson’s Luke Skywalker, but people have created some kind of weird movement out of it. If I were Mark Hamill, I’d be very uncomfortable with people using me in a hate campaign against myself, so to speak. He says he regrets talking about his initial reservations in public. I feel sorry for him.

    You can believe what you wanna believe aswell, no worries. But when you guys can’t back your claims up with anything, your suspicions aren’t that relevant. I simply have no reason to believe you.
Sign In or Register to comment.