criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Make something with quitters in Heroes vs Villans

Due to the unbalance (I think), people just leave at the beginning or the half of HvV matches, making the game boring and without no sense. Maybe a better balance, or a punishment with credits or something like that could help.

Replies

  • That was what I tried to say in my post , agree with u
  • awakespace
    1083 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I agree too - people have been saying this since the game came out

    I think just making it so that if you quit you cannot play for another 10 minutes is a good punishment - that way if someone really has to go, it's fine, but if not, they would rather play out the match than have to wait 10 minutes to play again
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I agree too - people have been saying this since the game came out

    I think just making it so that if you quit you cannot play for another 10 minutes is a good punishment - that way if someone really has to go, it's fine, but if not, they would rather play out the match than have to wait 10 minutes to play again

    No offense but that is a terrible idea.

    Even though it's kinda rude to leave your team in the middle of the game, you still have the right to play your copy of the game however you want.

    What if people quit because they have to relieve themselves, and they're back from the toilet within two minutes?

    What if you have siblings you have to share your console with? You're making people choose between playing a match they're not enjoying, or give up some of their turn.

    What if you have a busy worklife or you have young kids and only have time for a half hour of play time a day?
    1. Your gonna want to be having fun for that limited time so it would make sense to quit a game you're not having fun in.
    2. By locking them out for ten minutes your taking away their valuable playtime.

    A punishment for quitting a game is a TERRIBLE idea.

  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    I agree too - people have been saying this since the game came out

    I think just making it so that if you quit you cannot play for another 10 minutes is a good punishment - that way if someone really has to go, it's fine, but if not, they would rather play out the match than have to wait 10 minutes to play again

    No offense but that is a terrible idea.

    Even though it's kinda rude to leave your team in the middle of the game, you still have the right to play your copy of the game however you want.

    What if people quit because they have to relieve themselves, and they're back from the toilet within two minutes?

    What if you have siblings you have to share your console with? You're making people choose between playing a match they're not enjoying, or give up some of their turn.

    What if you have a busy worklife or you have young kids and only have time for a half hour of play time a day?
    1. Your gonna want to be having fun for that limited time so it would make sense to quit a game you're not having fun in.
    2. By locking them out for ten minutes your taking away their valuable playtime.

    A punishment for quitting a game is a TERRIBLE idea.

    the reason i agree for the 10 minute punishment for HvV only is because it affects the game experience so much more than any of the other game modes. one man down truly destroys HvV when its 3 on 4, especially if the teams are playing together. You dont get this in other game modes due to higher number of players.

    If you are not having fun playing a round of HvV because you're losing and quit, I'm sorry but thats not a good enough excuse. You should man up and finish the match. Not getting credits by quitting isnt a big enough punishment, since you can earn a similar amount of credits by just playing arcade mode a few times anyways. My gameplay experience in HvV shouldnt be ruined because someone decided to quit.

    I work a regular job, am married and have a baby. I understand the limitations ones may have and the little time a day they may have to play a game. So when I'm playing that game, I dont want it to be ruined by someone quitting because they arent "having fun". There are many other modes that quitters wouldnt affect your experience as much. HvV in BF2 it absolutely does. If I had to quit a game because my baby starts crying, guess what? 10 minutes isnt very long to get back in. Play something else in the meantime. Have the 10 minute ban strictly for HvV
  • It's not going to happen. Perhaps they should offer a separate queue for heroes versus villains. One for try hard that take it too seriously that does have a penalty, and one for those of us who just want to have fun that has no penalty. I have a strong feeling that tryhards would still play the no penalty queue because all they want is easy kills.
  • BluDude
    286 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's not going to happen. Perhaps they should offer a separate queue for heroes versus villains. One for try hard that take it too seriously that does have a penalty, and one for those of us who just want to have fun that has no penalty. I have a strong feeling that tryhards would still play the no penalty queue because all they want is easy kills.

    I am both a try hard and also playing for fun and it is very frustrating when I am trying my absolute best and am better than everyone else (generally) and still get demolished because my teammates quit a minute in. It's not fun period. There needs to just be a penalty for everyone. 8 or 9 out of 10 matches this stuff happens and I'm getting pretty annoyed
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    It would be nice if there was at least a 9 Minute penalty
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was at least a 9 Minute penalty

    No. It wouldn't. I don't want to have to wait 9 min every time I go to use the bathroom.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    I agree too - people have been saying this since the game came out

    I think just making it so that if you quit you cannot play for another 10 minutes is a good punishment - that way if someone really has to go, it's fine, but if not, they would rather play out the match than have to wait 10 minutes to play again

    No offense but that is a terrible idea.

    Even though it's kinda rude to leave your team in the middle of the game, you still have the right to play your copy of the game however you want.

    What if people quit because they have to relieve themselves, and they're back from the toilet within two minutes?

    What if you have siblings you have to share your console with? You're making people choose between playing a match they're not enjoying, or give up some of their turn.

    What if you have a busy worklife or you have young kids and only have time for a half hour of play time a day?
    1. Your gonna want to be having fun for that limited time so it would make sense to quit a game you're not having fun in.
    2. By locking them out for ten minutes your taking away their valuable playtime.

    A punishment for quitting a game is a TERRIBLE idea.

    Most games that I know of have that kind of thing usually do repeated quitting but a longer ban. An example if you quit once ok, but if you quit out 10 times in an hour you're out for a day. I never had a problem with that kind of thing. Leaves room for your above needs, but discourages "good team vs bad team farming"
  • CasualCat
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    How do you distinguish them quitting from disconnect errors? I still get random 201s from time to time. I was in a match yesterday of HvV when I got booted and our team was winning.

    Also there are still AFK players. Until that is fixed, why should someone stay in a match if half their team is AFK?
  • I get error 201 nearly every game, i dont think people should get punished for it, once they have fixed all the errors then yes.
    I would love to finnish any match hvv, ga, sa, but ea have done nothing.
  • I think all this would be moot if they fixed matchmaking. They are constantly tuning it.
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was at least a 9 Minute penalty

    No. It wouldn't. I don't want to have to wait 9 min every time I go to use the bathroom.

    Just don’t leave the match.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • I'd definitely like some sort of punishment for leaving matches frequently.
    Maybe greatly reducing the credits earned at the end of the match by 75% could definitely incentivize players to stay in the match. Or perhaps a 10 or 20 minute leavers penalty for frequently leaving matches will suffice.

    Overwatch did this perfectly.
    I certainly didn't feel like leaving anymore matches in that game because then I'd be one step closer to barely gaining anymore XP.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • A penalty for quitting a match seems extreme. Some players have awful lag, others have connection issues, it would be unfair to reprimand these. The ones who leave because the other team are too powerful, good riddance, the fact that they are quitters by choice should be punishment enough for them.
  • Most HvsV games I leave are due to some of the lag I experience, not Chewie or Palpy try-hards. Even when my team are running around like headless chickens, I do my best to help them with Rey and Vader. So, I shouldn't be punished for something I could barely control in the game.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • NachoFoot
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I'd definitely like some sort of punishment for leaving matches frequently.
    Maybe greatly reducing the credits earned at the end of the match by 75% could definitely incentivize players to stay in the match. Or perhaps a 10 or 20 minute leavers penalty for frequently leaving matches will suffice.

    Overwatch did this perfectly.
    I certainly didn't feel like leaving anymore matches in that game because then I'd be one step closer to barely gaining anymore XP.

    Even when I join a losing game in progress, I still only get 1 whole credit reward. Oh no! I'm so afraid of getting 0!

    Give out rewards and not punishments....
  • bfloo
    15712 posts Member
    This game is way too casual for penalties.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png



  • Here we go with the "you have the right to play your game how you want" nonsense again. This is an online MULTIPLAYER. It's not just YOU.

    By that logic, hacking should go unpunished right? Effecting other player's experiences doesn't matter? It's not just rude, it literally ruins the game for everyone on your team.

    Straw man argument.

    Also, expect more quitting when they have milestones like "Kill X players with a lightsaber". I don't play HvV yet, really, but I did to get that milestone, and if I couldn't get a hero with a lightsaber, I quit and found another game. That may not be an issue here though, since I was quitting before the game had even started, so theoretically it would've found another player before allowing it to launch. Just saying, though.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Who cares...just deal with it like everyone else. Just take the loss and move on. It really doesn't matter.
  • I will quit if my team is badly out matched and STAYS that way i.e. no reshuffling is done. Why should I continue to play with a bunch of people who won't work as a team when the other side is, and looks like they're using coms to boot? Maybe they are in fact a team and that's why they don't get reshuffled.
  • the only way to truly fix this issue is to give credits based on performance, removing afkers from the equation
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    Due to the unbalance (I think), people just leave at the beginning or the half of HvV matches, making the game boring and without no sense. Maybe a better balance, or a punishment with credits or something like that could help.

    why should people be punished for bad balance?
  • bfloo
    15712 posts Member
    Twitchy_MD wrote: »
    I will quit if my team is badly out matched and STAYS that way i.e. no reshuffling is done. Why should I continue to play with a bunch of people who won't work as a team when the other side is, and looks like they're using coms to boot? Maybe they are in fact a team and that's why they don't get reshuffled.

    As long as you leave between games, no one cares.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    I agree too - people have been saying this since the game came out

    I think just making it so that if you quit you cannot play for another 10 minutes is a good punishment - that way if someone really has to go, it's fine, but if not, they would rather play out the match than have to wait 10 minutes to play again

    No offense but that is a terrible idea.

    Even though it's kinda rude to leave your team in the middle of the game, you still have the right to play your copy of the game however you want.

    What if people quit because they have to relieve themselves, and they're back from the toilet within two minutes?

    What if you have siblings you have to share your console with? You're making people choose between playing a match they're not enjoying, or give up some of their turn.

    What if you have a busy worklife or you have young kids and only have time for a half hour of play time a day?
    1. Your gonna want to be having fun for that limited time so it would make sense to quit a game you're not having fun in.
    2. By locking them out for ten minutes your taking away their valuable playtime.

    A punishment for quitting a game is a TERRIBLE idea.

    the reason i agree for the 10 minute punishment for HvV only is because it affects the game experience so much more than any of the other game modes. one man down truly destroys HvV when its 3 on 4, especially if the teams are playing together. You dont get this in other game modes due to higher number of players.

    If you are not having fun playing a round of HvV because you're losing and quit, I'm sorry but thats not a good enough excuse. You should man up and finish the match. Not getting credits by quitting isnt a big enough punishment, since you can earn a similar amount of credits by just playing arcade mode a few times anyways. My gameplay experience in HvV shouldnt be ruined because someone decided to quit.

    I work a regular job, am married and have a baby. I understand the limitations ones may have and the little time a day they may have to play a game. So when I'm playing that game, I dont want it to be ruined by someone quitting because they arent "having fun". There are many other modes that quitters wouldnt affect your experience as much. HvV in BF2 it absolutely does. If I had to quit a game because my baby starts crying, guess what? 10 minutes isnt very long to get back in. Play something else in the meantime. Have the 10 minute ban strictly for HvV
    You have a baby, wait till they can walk and smack their head on the fireplace, start bleeding everywhere, and get staples in their head, do you tell them to man up so you can finish your game? I shouldn’t get punished cause I have to take them to ER. 10 minutes or not, It’s about the principal. You don’t know why I had to leave.

  • OOM19 wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was at least a 9 Minute penalty

    No. It wouldn't. I don't want to have to wait 9 min every time I go to use the bathroom.

    Maybe the 9 minutes could count while I’m waiting in the lobby for a HvVs match. That’s what it seems like anyways.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Twitchy_MD wrote: »
    I will quit if my team is badly out matched and STAYS that way i.e. no reshuffling is done. Why should I continue to play with a bunch of people who won't work as a team when the other side is, and looks like they're using coms to boot? Maybe they are in fact a team and that's why they don't get reshuffled.

    A proper shuffle would fix a lot of these complaints about matchmaking.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Darth_Fizzle
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Deadshot_7 wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    I agree too - people have been saying this since the game came out

    I think just making it so that if you quit you cannot play for another 10 minutes is a good punishment - that way if someone really has to go, it's fine, but if not, they would rather play out the match than have to wait 10 minutes to play again

    No offense but that is a terrible idea.

    Even though it's kinda rude to leave your team in the middle of the game, you still have the right to play your copy of the game however you want.

    What if people quit because they have to relieve themselves, and they're back from the toilet within two minutes?

    What if you have siblings you have to share your console with? You're making people choose between playing a match they're not enjoying, or give up some of their turn.

    What if you have a busy worklife or you have young kids and only have time for a half hour of play time a day?
    1. Your gonna want to be having fun for that limited time so it would make sense to quit a game you're not having fun in.
    2. By locking them out for ten minutes your taking away their valuable playtime.

    A punishment for quitting a game is a TERRIBLE idea.

    the reason i agree for the 10 minute punishment for HvV only is because it affects the game experience so much more than any of the other game modes. one man down truly destroys HvV when its 3 on 4, especially if the teams are playing together. You dont get this in other game modes due to higher number of players.

    If you are not having fun playing a round of HvV because you're losing and quit, I'm sorry but thats not a good enough excuse. You should man up and finish the match. Not getting credits by quitting isnt a big enough punishment, since you can earn a similar amount of credits by just playing arcade mode a few times anyways. My gameplay experience in HvV shouldnt be ruined because someone decided to quit.

    I work a regular job, am married and have a baby. I understand the limitations ones may have and the little time a day they may have to play a game. So when I'm playing that game, I dont want it to be ruined by someone quitting because they arent "having fun". There are many other modes that quitters wouldnt affect your experience as much. HvV in BF2 it absolutely does. If I had to quit a game because my baby starts crying, guess what? 10 minutes isnt very long to get back in. Play something else in the meantime. Have the 10 minute ban strictly for HvV
    You have a baby, wait till they can walk and smack their head on the fireplace, start bleeding everywhere, and get staples in their head, do you tell them to man up so you can finish your game? I shouldn’t get punished cause I have to take them to ER. 10 minutes or not, It’s about the principal. You don’t know why I had to leave.

    If you have to take your kid to the emergency department a 10 minute penalty probably won't matter much to you will it? If you quit because you started losing or thought your teammates weren't good enough for you then it will and should matter.

    It's not about principle, it's about logic.
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It's not going to happen. DICE doesn't even do anything to cheaters and exploiters.

    There were quitting problems in HvV in BF2015 but it was 8v8 and less noticeable. Also, load times were quicker and slots filled up noticeably faster.

    Yes, quitting can be a problem for the team but implementating a quit penalty in a non-competitive game doesn't make sense.

  • Terrrrrrrrrrrrrible Idea
  • Why not make a competitive mode that punishes people for quitting and a casual mode that doesn’t? I’d recommend adding rankings, but we don’t even have stats yet so it might be too big of a job for the devs
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    There's also a lack of assembling matches for HvV in the lobby. It can take forever just to get a match going in my experience. Speaks to the players' general lack of desire to engage in HvV...

    Entering HvV is prime opportunity to get food & restroom...And there's no difference in credits for winning and losing correct? I always try and help my team, protect the target, so yes, helping your team is important... but if you have to quit out, you get no credit reward, but your team whose engaged still does get credit even if they lose, and by my experience the payment is the same win/loss... No love lost right? Yea is sucks to get butchered by a bunch of opponents but in a way it's more targets & points/rank/podium for you - if you play the map & appropriate hero correctly...

    People get bored in HvV, it's linear and too many heroes sparring play like just a bunch of vanilla troopers sparring, it's not the end of the world if you want to quit out. It's just a game. If HvV was a bit more engaging or rewarding, perhaps retaining players would keep the rounds more filled. I also think that HvV can get fans of their fav heroes upset when they get whooped up on. It gets a little personal there, so it should be no surprise certain players want to exit the game and cool off.
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...


  • Punishment isn't good solution, because you can always disconnect. Maybe giving more reward someway. Don't have any ideas though. I never quit even if I am in losing team, it is a game, you have to have losers to get your winning and you must appreciate losing team also, because they are making you winner and other day they might beat you.
  • greedo1980
    718 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    As well as no credits, on PS4 there already is at least a 5 minute penalty for quitting due to the time it takes to return to the main menu, find another game and load the map for it.

    I've said before - increasing the number of players in the game mode as more heroes get added with DLC is one way to address this.

    A player quitting a 5 vs 5 match wouldnt have such an acute impact on a match as it does now. If there are eventually 10 vs 10 a quitter would hardly matter.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!