criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Patch Incoming! (Update 1.1 is Live)

Replies

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Please tell me Chewie's Furious Bowcaster is being nerfed against villains.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Darkaid wrote: »
    The bowcaster itself is fine IMO. I just don't like how he can combo it with the ridiculous stun time from his shock grenade. Noob Chewies can't win duels against good players with just the bowcaster, but 1 stun is pretty much enough to guarantee them a kill against everyone except Vader or possibly a buffed Phasma.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    The bowcaster itself is fine IMO. I just don't like how he can combo it with the ridiculous stun time from his shock grenade. Noob Chewies can't win duels against good players with just the bowcaster, but 1 stun is pretty much enough to guarantee them a kill against everyone except Vader or possibly a buffed Phasma.

His primary fire is fine, but Furious Bowcaster is actually broken. It can 3 shot Vader even though he's been slicing them up the entire time.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Mariobot21 wrote: »
    Can’t wait to see how ea dice is going to change the progression system

I think they will not change progression system at all. And no fix for lag and other core failures. They did not even hint about it. New characters, balance tweak - yes, but why people waiting for more?
  • Darkaid wrote: »

His primary fire is fine, but Furious Bowcaster is actually broken. It can 3 shot Vader even though he's been slicing them up the entire time.
    It also seems like saber heroess will be able to block explosives after this upcoming patch, so as long as you just block or run away during the duration of Furious Bowcaster I think Chewie will be fine. That's assuming the stun time from his grenade is reduced though. If the stun time isn't reduced then I agree that his bowcaster needs to do less damage against Villains.

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Jhereg_Faux
    322 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Thank You for the Updates.

Buff the Slave girl outfits!!
  • I hope they don't nerf Leia. Her rapid fire E11 ability coupled with the relentless firing card (blue) is just deadly against other heroes. My new favourite. Just lob a flash granade first and floor everyone. Awesome. Give her the ANH skin please (or ROTJ slave outfit)

No slave outfit, that outfit is an affront to Star Wars

Why is it an affront?

George Lucas said “Star Wars is for everyone” but I have seen kids who haven’t seen return of the Jedi just because of that one scene

Where did you see these kids?
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited January 13
    I hope they don't nerf Leia. Her rapid fire E11 ability coupled with the relentless firing card (blue) is just deadly against other heroes. My new favourite. Just lob a flash granade first and floor everyone. Awesome. Give her the ANH skin please (or ROTJ slave outfit)

Why is it an affront?

George Lucas said “Star Wars is for everyone” but I have seen kids who haven’t seen return of the Jedi just because of that one scene

A kid who won't watch because a "slave" is dressed inappropriately? Utter ****... absolute utter ****... kids are not like this.... period. Unless they mean there parents "told" them it was "wrong"... but yeah... kids not seeing it of their own free will because of the way a female slave is dressed... utter lies. And omg parents... get over yourselves.
  • Godling wrote: »
    I hope they don't nerf Leia. Her rapid fire E11 ability coupled with the relentless firing card (blue) is just deadly against other heroes. My new favourite. Just lob a flash granade first and floor everyone. Awesome. Give her the ANH skin please (or ROTJ slave outfit)

Why is it an affront?

A kid who won't watch because a "slave" is dressed inappropriately? Utter ****... absolute utter ****... kids are not like this.... period. Unless they mean there parents "told" them it was "wrong"... but yeah... kids not seeing it of their own free will because of the way a female slave is dressed... utter lies. And omg parents... get over yourselves.
    That scene is literally no big deal at all.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.

Why is it an affront?

Look I just have a problem with that being in the game. Can we move on?
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • LxTC_HQ wrote: »

Whats the point of using leia's flash grenade if you can see her name and health bar even while blind? Or is it just me??

Because you have the show enemies briefly highlighted option switched on. Even so, you are still disorientated long enough to die. Rapid fire with an extra 4 seconds is enough to finish off a hero with 1000 health. Even Vader.
  • I hope they don't nerf Leia. Her rapid fire E11 ability coupled with the relentless firing card (blue) is just deadly against other heroes. My new favourite. Just lob a flash granade first and floor everyone. Awesome. Give her the ANH skin please (or ROTJ slave outfit)

Nothing wrong with slave outfit. It is the second most iconic image of Leia after the ANH white robes. That's why I mentioned it. Either of those outfits would be a fitting tribute to the late Carrie Fisher.

Nothing wrong with slave outfit. It is the second most iconic image of Leia after the ANH white robes. That's why I mentioned it. Either of those outfits would be a fitting tribute to the late Carrie Fisher.

Dude she hated that outfit. That would be like slapping her in the face
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Source of fact?
  • Just the fact that you guys want that outfit.... :|
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I’m sensing ulterior motives.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Source of fact?

http://www.businessinsider.com/carrie-fisher-princess-leia-bikini-response-2016-12?r=UK&IR=T&IR=T
    Fisher was not always fond of it, either. In Newsweek in 1999, she said, "I remember that iron bikini I wore in 'Episode VI': what supermodels will eventually wear in the seventh ring of ****." She's also said that her favorite moment in the "Star Wars" films was killing Jabba the Hutt.

But she later softened up to the outfit a bit. In 2015, Fox News ran a story about parents who were skittish about a toy that depicted Princess Leia in the bikini. "They're like 'dad why does this doll have a chain around its neck?,'" One parent said. "I don't have any answers. I was just blown away looking at it."

Fisher thought that line of thinking was ridiculous, and she said so in a fantastic interview with the Wall Street Journal in 2015, before the release of "The Force Awakens." Here's the exchange:

WSJ: There’s been some debate recently about whether there should be no more merchandise with you in the “Return of the Jedi” bikini.

Fisher: I think that’s stupid.

WSJ: To stop making the merchandise?

Fisher: The father who flipped out about it, "What am I going to tell my kid about why she’s in that outfit?" Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn’t like it. And then I took it off. Backstage.

Why is it an affront?

Look I just have a problem with that being in the game. Can we move on?
    Of all the characters outfits in the series it is the only one that is forced upon a character by another character and as such the outfit does not actually define her but rather it defines her "situation". For that single reason alone we probably wouldn't see the outfit unless the map we're playing is explicitly about escaping Jabba's barge. Otherwise the outfit simply has no thematic place in the game and so you shouldn't be concerned about them ever adding it for that reason alone... imo.
  • Please fix the issue with players losing the use of their abilities during HvV matches. The only way to get them back is to die. This is frustrating if you are the target.

Similarly saber users can also lose the use of their sabers, with dying being the only way to get it back again.

Well I've seen the actual real outfit prop on display as part of the star wars exhibition in London last year and also her wax dummy in the star wars section of Madame tussaudes in London is that version of Leia depicted in front of Jabba. I'm sure she didn't hate the $15m dollars it put in her back pocket. It would be a great addition to the customisation options but I would prefer to see the white robes as I'm sure 99% of other fans would.
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Hey mods... your approval of a post is needed here as your system broke. I posted fine but when I went to edit and change a "the" to "a" it suddenly need approval for posting. Thanks in advance.
  • GiantSlayerBF2
    1742 posts Member
    edited January 13

Well I've seen the actual real outfit prop on display as part of the star wars exhibition in London last year and also her wax dummy in the star wars section of Madame tussaudes in London is that version of Leia depicted in front of Jabba. I'm sure she didn't hate the $15m dollars it put in her back pocket. It would be a great addition to the customisation options but I would prefer to see the white robes as I'm sure 99% of other fans would.

Well I don’t think it would fit into a battlefront game. Seriously, just WHY do you want it in the game?

Also I thought she hated but turns out that was bad information. My bad. BUT STILL
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Well I don’t think it would fit into a battlefront game. Seriously, just WHY do you want it in the game?

I tried answering already but my post got tagged for approval for some reason. Bottom line... imo... we won't see it unless we have a map explicitly about escaping Jabba's barge. Otherwise there's no thematic reason for her to be wearing a slave costume forced on here by another character. It would make no sense at all to have her wearing it in any other map.

I tried answering already but my post got tagged for approval for some reason. Bottom line... imo... we won't see it unless we have a map explicitly about escaping Jabba's barge. Otherwise there's no thematic reason for her to be wearing a slave costume forced on here by another character. It would make no sense at all to have her wearing it in any other map.

True. Never thought of it that way. I think we can agree that the white robes should have been included from the start. Should have been in the previous game.

True. Never thought of it that way. I think we can agree that the white robes should have been included from the start. Should have been in the previous game.
    Yeah I was also surprised that her white robes weren't in the first game. Would absolutely love to see them added. Quintessential Leia imo.
  • Ragga95
    4 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Why the aircraft points are not reduce ??? Many people play only with this for the heros :-( its not fun !! Dice, its not very ingenious :-/ And i dont speak of machingun spam, and shield etc.. !! ;)
  • Blazur
    4436 posts Member
    Hilarious how this thread just became a dumping ground for every single complaint. As if any of this is going to sway the direction of the next patch.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • WarfareKiller41
    5940 posts Member
    edited January 13
    I don’t have a problem with the slave outfit in general, but I do agree that it doesn’t have a place in Battlefront. I’d like to see Leia’s ANH outfit way more.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Hilarious how this thread just became a dumping ground for every single complaint. As if any of this is going to sway the direction of the next patch.

Right? The patch is already done, they're just waiting for approval to release it!

So I’m guessing you would have a problem with slave leia on hoth? :D
  • THANK GOD! Palp needs nerfs for his farm. And the nerfs need to eat the officer's weapons. IMO Bossk needs a nerf for his farm too, but that's just me.

How about a nice round of bans for hackers, especially those that blatantly admit to it and have video proof of it?

I am interested to see what heavies need. IMO they don't need anything. If anything, Assault is a bit on the high end. Unless they are getting buffed to match. Whatever it is, I will have to improve my play to compensate.

Thread: The lag source needs to be dealt with.

Thank you for fixing matchmaking. That's 1 of 2 fixed. Let's get it so that the game stops using the wrong IP address and make it 2 of 2.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.

Why is it an affront?

I've actually seen this argument a few times over the years, and it usually comes down to the fact that Leia is portrayed as a strong independent woman throughout the first two movies, they even did things to make her appear less feminine the the first two films, just to turn around and put her in a super skimpy outfit in the third.

I personally don't take issue with it in the film, but the fan reaction is a bit on the creep side. The fact that so many people consider an outfit she wore for a fraction of a film to be her most iconic outfit is telling.

Leia has a ton of great outfits that would work well in a game where she's going to be fighting, I can't imagine any scenario where the rebels are under attack and Leia say "let me put on my battle gear" just to show up in the sci-fi version of the chain mail bikini.

I'd much prefer her white gown, her Hoth gear, her Endor gear, her empire costume from Bespin, or her bounty hunter gear with and without helmet well before they even consider slave bikini Leia. Let's face it, if they release it it will be the skin 90+% of players will use.

Why is it an affront?

I've actually seen this argument a few times over the years, and it usually comes down to the fact that Leia is portrayed as a strong independent woman throughout the first two movies, they even did things to make her appear less feminine the the first two films, just to turn around and put her in a super skimpy outfit in the third.

I personally don't take issue with it in the film, but the fan reaction is a bit on the creep side. The fact that so many people consider an outfit she wore for a fraction of a film to be her most iconic outfit is telling.

Leia has a ton of great outfits that would work well in a game where she's going to be fighting, I can't imagine any scenario where the rebels are under attack and Leia say "let me put on my battle gear" just to show up in the sci-fi version of the chain mail bikini.

I'd much prefer her white gown, her Hoth gear, her Endor gear, her empire costume from Bespin, or her bounty hunter gear with and without helmet well before they even consider slave bikini Leia. Let's face it, if they release it it will be the skin 90+% of players will use.

Yes I agree

#cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Why do you even care if it's in the game or not. It's not a big deal honestly, I doubt she would care if she were still here you white knight
    "...let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be."
    source.gif
  • Pjay
    281 posts Member
    I would like to see Leia in ANH gear, as stated the slave Leia gear would not suit any map outside of Jabba's palace or sail barge.
    What I would lpbe to see would be Liea in disguise as the bounty hunter Boushh, this would allow for some interesting abilities.

No personal issue with slave Leia outfit, I think people should remember a vile gangster named Jabba The Hutt captured Leia and forced her to dress like this, she then strangled him to death with her chains.

Why do you even care if it's in the game or not. It's not a big deal honestly, I doubt she would care if she were still here you white knight

Because it doesn’t need to be in the game. It doesn’t make sense, what really bothers me is that everyone seems to be okay with it.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Can we please stop with the Slave Leia discussion? You guys are completely derailing the thread.

giphy.gif

• I don’t have a problem with the slave outfit in general, but I do agree that it doesn’t have a place in Battlefront. I’d like to see Leia’s ANH outfit way more.

Indeed. This isn't an MMO so you get no bonuses with less skin coverage.

Thread: The lag source needs to be dealt with.

Thank you for fixing matchmaking. That's 1 of 2 fixed. Let's get it so that the game stops using the wrong IP address and make it 2 of 2.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.
  • I wonder if they’ll buff the AT-RT
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Maybe you guys should create a separate thread where you can fantasize about Leia’s outfit while remaining on topic :)
    NeoX
  • I wonder if they’ll buff the AT-RT
    Maybe you guys should create a separate thread where you can fantasize about Leia’s outfit while remaining on topic :)

Yes please do XD
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I'd compare this thread more to a bunch of friends sitting in a coffee shop yakin'. No real expectations of being heard by anyone... just yakin'. Well... that's how I'm viewing it. :)
    Blazur wrote: »
    No real expectations of being heard by anyone
    Sledgehammer was replying to people before the thread got derailed.

giphy.gif

• Really hope they fix the team balancing in this game always one sided.Im ALWAYS on losing team really getting tired of this...
  • 4f8fpnw3rw2f.gif
    That’s how we get rid of bugs
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Give us the patch notes already so we have smth to discuss :smile:
    And if 1 or 2 points dont actually make it into the patch, duh, doesnt hurt anyone^^
  • NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Just you wait, the nerf herders will then cry about “stealth/ninja tweaks” :)
    NeoX

Because it doesn’t need to be in the game. It doesn’t make sense, what really bothers me is that everyone seems to be okay with it.

How many wahmen did you respect today?
    "...let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be."
    source.gif
  • Anoh
    8376 posts Member
    Derelderp wrote: »
    Give us the patch notes already so we have smth to discuss :smile:
    And if 1 or 2 points dont actually make it into the patch, duh, doesnt hurt anyone^^

You'd be surprised..
    • Wookie Warriors remain untweaked
    • Supercharged-Sentry remains untweaked
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Derelderp wrote: »
    Give us the patch notes already so we have smth to discuss :smile:

You'd be surprised..
    • Wookie Warriors remain untweaked
    • Supercharged-Sentry remains untweaked

Wookie warriors get Supercharged-Sentry star card xD
This discussion has been closed.