criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Patch Incoming! (Update 1.1 is Live)

123468

Replies

  • Anoh
    8259 posts Member
    Derelderp wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    Derelderp wrote: »
    Give us the patch notes already so we have smth to discuss :smile:
    And if 1 or 2 points dont actually make it into the patch, duh, doesnt hurt anyone^^

    You'd be surprised..
    • Wookie Warriors remain untweaked
    • Supercharged-Sentry remains untweaked

    Wookie warriors get Supercharged-Sentry star card xD

    Hahahaha
    Origin: Anofelahh - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it
  • Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    of course a heavy main says that, i bet you never play as an hero against a heavy with super sentry, its just very hard that you cant block with your lightsaber the shots/AoE from it and it deals tons of damange. Yes they are slow when they use it, BUT they get hp regen at the beginningand have it the full time + some % of lesser explosive damage which makes them really tanky, even with blurrg you need 3 bursts to defeat them, that you forgot to write. Btw i guess blurrg adn cr-2 getting nerfed aswell so not only the heavies getting nerfed. I say YES the super sentry needs a nerf.
    srry for da grammar

    Regards
  • Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero? You cant deflect the shots with your lightsaber and it deals a ton of damage.
    Of course when you use super sentry you are slow, BUT what you didnt wrote, you get hp regen during the time + some % of evplosive reduction what make heavies very tanky, even with blurrg you need 3 bursts to defeat them, btw. i believe the blurrg and cr-2 getting tweaked aswell so the heavies sentries tweaks are not the only ones.
    Im pretty sure the developer will know that there are heavy mains out there and they consider it.
    Srry for da grammar

    Regards
  • Godling wrote: »
    I hope they don't nerf Leia. Her rapid fire E11 ability coupled with the relentless firing card (blue) is just deadly against other heroes. My new favourite. Just lob a flash granade first and floor everyone. Awesome. Give her the ANH skin please (or ROTJ slave outfit)

    No slave outfit, that outfit is an affront to Star Wars

    Why is it an affront?

    George Lucas said “Star Wars is for everyone” but I have seen kids who haven’t seen return of the Jedi just because of that one scene

    Where did you see these kids?

    A kid who won't watch because a "slave" is dressed inappropriately? Utter ****... absolute utter ****... kids are not like this.... period. Unless they mean there parents "told" them it was "wrong"... but yeah... kids not seeing it of their own free will because of the way a female slave is dressed... utter lies. And omg parents... get over yourselves.
    That scene is literally no big deal at all.

    Look I just have a problem with that being in the game. Can we move on?

    I want it in the game. I am sure many do
  • Yeah, today I played without Maul's lightsaber :-) true challenge

  • LOTR2013
    147 posts Member
    edited January 14
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Yeah, today I played without Maul's lightsaber :-) true challenge


    Haha, I've seen that happen with Luke. :)
  • Please buff the SE. I worked too hard for it to be ineffective. The NT is great, the TL and EL are also great to work towards, but the SE is too weak!
  • When is this patch coming?
  • Nelvaan wrote: »
    When is this patch coming?

    Lets change your question to: "Will this patch arrive with or before new content?" I think answer depends on it.
    The new content expected in the end of month or next beginning.
    The patch alone may come out earlier, but will DICE want this?
  • DarthJ
    4103 posts Member
    rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero? You cant deflect the shots with your lightsaber and it deals a ton of damage.
    Of course when you use super sentry you are slow, BUT what you didnt wrote, you get hp regen during the time + some % of evplosive reduction what make heavies very tanky, even with blurrg you need 3 bursts to defeat them, btw. i believe the blurrg and cr-2 getting tweaked aswell so the heavies sentries tweaks are not the only ones.
    Im pretty sure the developer will know that there are heavy mains out there and they consider it.
    Srry for da grammar

    Regards

    Hey, thanks for replying rAIGa and sorry for going off on people's rants. I already took in consideration that the Heavies regenerate health while this ability is activated. I like to play as all of the classes. I like the fact that the officers weapons are very accurate from such far distances, and also that they can almost always 2 shot full health infantry (some of their guns) especially. To be honest, the officers class is so strong because of their battle command ability being able to give them almost double (probably exaggerating right now) their normal amount of health. That just makes the officer that much harder to kill, and I don't mind it at all whether if I'm playing as them or not because, I'm going to have to kill them one way or another stay alive if I'm playing that class. Same thing as the assault class, I like playing that class also because when you equip the kills streak vanguard, you can almost technically have a one shot deadly weapon while running around the map and refreshing the abilities by killing enemies. Plus, vanguard can also take out heros/villians in just 2-3 hits (depending on which heroes and how good your accuracy is). Do I think that vanguard i's OP? Of course not, because it does take some good skill at aiming in order to be able to kill your enemies. Just like the Heavy class. In case if you haven't read the heavies BIO, it says somewhere along the line of "being able to take out hordes of enemies if/when positioned well". And let's not forget about the specialist class. They are the weakest in terms of health, but they are "IN FACT" given one of the most powerful weapon's in the games (sniper rifle). Since they can't spam the rifles (kinda obvious why they cant), they'd have to find cover from far away so that they can have time reloading and also to protect their fragile health. But when positioned well, they could technically go to town on enemies that are bunched up. Now, I'm going to talk about the HERO'S now. Hero's are literally, I repeat "literally" the most power class of infantry that you could get, hence the reason why they cost so many battlepoints during a match. But even though theyre able to kill infantry with such ease, they aren't meant to last forever. Look, everyone wants to play as a hero during a game, including me, that's why THEY CAN/HAVE TO DIE, and that's why the Hero class has to have a counter-measure. rAIGa, if you really want to make sure that Heavies don't use their sentry ability on you, just try to unconsiously make them your slight priority. Try to flank your enemies if/when you can. When I play as a hero, I keep to myself in the back of my head to make sure I take out the Heavy class first, then the officer, then the assault, and last but not least, the specialist. I Know that the Heavy class can be powerful, hence the reason why I like to play that class, but with every class, there is a weakness, and I'm okay with that. Now It must suck to be melted down by a Heavy player when you're playing as a Hero, but that's the way that the developers meant the Heavies to be played as. The Officer class is considered the "support" class, but if you think about it, you could consider the Heavies as another support class also. While your teammates are running towards the objective, the Heavy class could provide cover and protection to them (using the sentry) from enemies that want to take out your teammates. If the heavy class didn't exist, I'd probably play as an Officer. Thanks for reading my "two cents" on the situation again.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'
    +1

    God forbid a hero should have to use their wits to deal with a situation. Remember that scene in the Phantom Menace where 2 droidekas roll up on Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon? They dashed out of there and stuck with PTO. They could have also relocated and flanked them for 2 kills and some battlepoints at the expense of losing the entire game. I think they did the right thing, but that's going way off topic. What is the topic anyway? Super charged sentry? I love the current state of the SCS. The fact it is capable of wrecking you incentivizes to use your brain, pay attention, switch gears and come up with different tactics. Let's see how the upcoming patch is gonna change the game's dynamics. Let's see what the next thing to blame for one's own incompetence will be.
  • rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero? You cant deflect the shots with your lightsaber and it deals a ton of damage.
    Of course when you use super sentry you are slow, BUT what you didnt wrote, you get hp regen during the time + some % of evplosive reduction what make heavies very tanky, even with blurrg you need 3 bursts to defeat them, btw. i believe the blurrg and cr-2 getting tweaked aswell so the heavies sentries tweaks are not the only ones.
    Im pretty sure the developer will know that there are heavy mains out there and they consider it.
    Srry for da grammar

    Regards

    Hey, thanks for replying rAIGa and sorry for going off on people's rants. I already took in consideration that the Heavies regenerate health while this ability is activated. I like to play as all of the classes. I like the fact that the officers weapons are very accurate from such far distances, and also that they can almost always 2 shot full health infantry (some of their guns) especially. To be honest, the officers class is so strong because of their battle command ability being able to give them almost double (probably exaggerating right now) their normal amount of health. That just makes the officer that much harder to kill, and I don't mind it at all whether if I'm playing as them or not because, I'm going to have to kill them one way or another stay alive if I'm playing that class. Same thing as the assault class, I like playing that class also because when you equip the kills streak vanguard, you can almost technically have a one shot deadly weapon while running around the map and refreshing the abilities by killing enemies. Plus, vanguard can also take out heros/villians in just 2-3 hits (depending on which heroes and how good your accuracy is). Do I think that vanguard i's OP? Of course not, because it does take some good skill at aiming in order to be able to kill your enemies. Just like the Heavy class. In case if you haven't read the heavies BIO, it says somewhere along the line of "being able to take out hordes of enemies if/when positioned well". And let's not forget about the specialist class. They are the weakest in terms of health, but they are "IN FACT" given one of the most powerful weapon's in the games (sniper rifle). Since they can't spam the rifles (kinda obvious why they cant), they'd have to find cover from far away so that they can have time reloading and also to protect their fragile health. But when positioned well, they could technically go to town on enemies that are bunched up. Now, I'm going to talk about the HERO'S now. Hero's are literally, I repeat "literally" the most power class of infantry that you could get, hence the reason why they cost so many battlepoints during a match. But even though theyre able to kill infantry with such ease, they aren't meant to last forever. Look, everyone wants to play as a hero during a game, including me, that's why THEY CAN/HAVE TO DIE, and that's why the Hero class has to have a counter-measure. rAIGa, if you really want to make sure that Heavies don't use their sentry ability on you, just try to unconsiously make them your slight priority. Try to flank your enemies if/when you can. When I play as a hero, I keep to myself in the back of my head to make sure I take out the Heavy class first, then the officer, then the assault, and last but not least, the specialist. I Know that the Heavy class can be powerful, hence the reason why I like to play that class, but with every class, there is a weakness, and I'm okay with that. Now It must suck to be melted down by a Heavy player when you're playing as a Hero, but that's the way that the developers meant the Heavies to be played as. The Officer class is considered the "support" class, but if you think about it, you could consider the Heavies as another support class also. While your teammates are running towards the objective, the Heavy class could provide cover and protection to them (using the sentry) from enemies that want to take out your teammates. If the heavy class didn't exist, I'd probably play as an Officer. Thanks for reading my "two cents" on the situation again.

    I don't mean to be an **** but that wall of text is something else, I mean I like a rant as much as the next guy, but for the love of all things sacred space it out bro :)
  • @Sledgehammer70 Can you confirm if anything is being done to optimize load times? They were average to begin with, and they only appear to be getting worse as of late.
    NeoX
  • Patch notes pls?
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Interested in the timeframe here. Season 1 ends Wed right? So they waiting till that ends to patch? If so I'm guessing season 2 tease after the patch with a early Feb season start?

    This is without knowing how long patch approval/validation takes.
  • TheMj0lnir
    7 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Hanzo wrote: »
    I hope they don't nerf Leia. Her rapid fire E11 ability coupled with the relentless firing card (blue) is just deadly against other heroes. My new favourite. Just lob a flash granade first and floor everyone. Awesome. Give her the ANH skin please (or ROTJ slave outfit)

    No slave outfit, that outfit is an affront to Star Wars

    Why is it an affront?

    George Lucas said “Star Wars is for everyone” but I have seen kids who haven’t seen return of the Jedi just because of that one scene

    If a kid can't handle seeing a woman in a bikini then they shouldn't be watching a movie with so much murder and death in it eh?

    And next thing is banning kids from swimming pools and waterparks, beware - clothed women in bathing suits and bikinis are dangerous...

    Slave Leia is iconic and a part of Star Wars, wether prudes want it or not. There is no nudity involved, so kepp your personal preferences to yourself and dont impose them on others, thanks.


    Concering topic - I cant wait for the patch and look forward to Season2. Please give us more customisation. Need Twi'leks, Rodians, and all the other easy to implement Alien species. There is already a mod doing it. Why is this not in the game already? Rebels didnt use clones - so why does every Heavy, Officer and so on look the same?
    Post edited by TheMj0lnir on
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'

    Heavy Main here. Super Charged Sentry is blatantly overpowered, trying to defend it is nonsensical.

    I've experimented with all 3 Sentries quite in depth. Mobile Sentry is decent, it doesn't lose time when you aren't shooting it but when you do it runs out quick and its probably best used to give covering fire rather than kill, even if it does a decent job at killing. The Explosive Sentry is great in certain situations for blowing people up at it's sacrifice for lack of movement, accuracy, and fire rate.

    Now lets say Mobile Sentry is for covering fire and Explosive Sentry is for killing. What is the Super Charged Sentries role? It's a bit unclear seeing how it does BOTH jobs better than each specific Sentry with no drawbacks. It can still walk, and it has a LONG duration with a super fast fire rate. There's no purpose for the other Sentries at the moment when you compare it to the SCS. When you have small groups of enemies, it's almost guaranteed multi-kills, something the others can't guarantee, because it has a time to kill that's near instant and can't be reacted to. There's not a way around it when it can go around cover with no punishment.

    Trust me, I know. I've abused it and killed so many enemies with it and it doesn't require much effort compared to the other Sentries and even other things in the game. Heroes are just another symptom of that issue because they get priority targeted and if their arm is in view for a second it does irreparable damage to the hero in a split second. That said I don't want to thing to be useless, but when it outperforms the other sentries at both their intended roles, there's a huge problem.

    Also I wish people would look at ways around certain ways to counter a difficult thing, but some things don't have much of a counter or take way more than it should to counter. Super Charged Sentry is one of those things.
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    Yeah, today I played without Maul's lightsaber :-) true challenge


    Happened to me.

    Won the game
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
  • DarthJ
    4103 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'

    Heavy Main here. Super Charged Sentry is blatantly overpowered, trying to defend it is nonsensical.

    I've experimented with all 3 Sentries quite in depth. Mobile Sentry is decent, it doesn't lose time when you aren't shooting it but when you do it runs out quick and its probably best used to give covering fire rather than kill, even if it does a decent job at killing. The Explosive Sentry is great in certain situations for blowing people up at it's sacrifice for lack of movement, accuracy, and fire rate.

    Now lets say Mobile Sentry is for covering fire and Explosive Sentry is for killing. What is the Super Charged Sentries role? It's a bit unclear seeing how it does BOTH jobs better than each specific Sentry with no drawbacks. It can still walk, and it has a LONG duration with a super fast fire rate. There's no purpose for the other Sentries at the moment when you compare it to the SCS. When you have small groups of enemies, it's almost guaranteed multi-kills, something the others can't guarantee, because it has a time to kill that's near instant and can't be reacted to. There's not a way around it when it can go around cover with no punishment.

    Trust me, I know. I've abused it and killed so many enemies with it and it doesn't require much effort compared to the other Sentries and even other things in the game. Heroes are just another symptom of that issue because they get priority targeted and if their arm is in view for a second it does irreparable damage to the hero in a split second. That said I don't want to thing to be useless, but when it outperforms the other sentries at both their intended roles, there's a huge problem.

    Also I wish people would look at ways around certain ways to counter a difficult thing, but some things don't have much of a counter or take way more than it should to counter. Super Charged Sentry is one of those things.

    Not against that per se, more the reaction of this guy, on saying 'its hard to play against'. I just cant fathom that approach. I just get on with it.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'

    Heavy Main here. Super Charged Sentry is blatantly overpowered, trying to defend it is nonsensical.

    I've experimented with all 3 Sentries quite in depth. Mobile Sentry is decent, it doesn't lose time when you aren't shooting it but when you do it runs out quick and its probably best used to give covering fire rather than kill, even if it does a decent job at killing. The Explosive Sentry is great in certain situations for blowing people up at it's sacrifice for lack of movement, accuracy, and fire rate.

    Now lets say Mobile Sentry is for covering fire and Explosive Sentry is for killing. What is the Super Charged Sentries role? It's a bit unclear seeing how it does BOTH jobs better than each specific Sentry with no drawbacks. It can still walk, and it has a LONG duration with a super fast fire rate. There's no purpose for the other Sentries at the moment when you compare it to the SCS. When you have small groups of enemies, it's almost guaranteed multi-kills, something the others can't guarantee, because it has a time to kill that's near instant and can't be reacted to. There's not a way around it when it can go around cover with no punishment.

    Trust me, I know. I've abused it and killed so many enemies with it and it doesn't require much effort compared to the other Sentries and even other things in the game. Heroes are just another symptom of that issue because they get priority targeted and if their arm is in view for a second it does irreparable damage to the hero in a split second. That said I don't want to thing to be useless, but when it outperforms the other sentries at both their intended roles, there's a huge problem.

    Also I wish people would look at ways around certain ways to counter a difficult thing, but some things don't have much of a counter or take way more than it should to counter. Super Charged Sentry is one of those things.

    Not against that per se, more the reaction of this guy, on saying 'its hard to play against'. I just cant fathom that approach. I just get on with it.
    Ah ok, that's a fair point.

  • As a side note, @Mr_Taver and I are working to bring a full 'Known Bug' list that will be published on the forums. That way everyone can see what our team is tracking and working against to get updated.

    While many of the reported bugs have been submitted and the team is working on them, its hard to find threads and tweet responses our team has responded to that let the community know the team is aware.
    As a side note, @Mr_Taver and I are working to bring a full 'Known Bug' list that will be published on the forums. That way everyone can see what our team is tracking and working against to get updated.

    While many of the reported bugs have been submitted and the team is working on them, its hard to find threads and tweet responses our team has responded to that let the community know the team is aware.
    As a side note, @Mr_Taver and I are working to bring a full 'Known Bug' list that will be published on the forums. That way everyone can see what our team is tracking and working against to get updated.

    While many of the reported bugs have been submitted and the team is working on them, its hard to find threads and tweet responses our team has responded to that let the community know the team is aware.

  • rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero? You cant deflect the shots with your lightsaber and it deals a ton of damage.
    Of course when you use super sentry you are slow, BUT what you didnt wrote, you get hp regen during the time + some % of evplosive reduction what make heavies very tanky, even with blurrg you need 3 bursts to defeat them, btw. i believe the blurrg and cr-2 getting tweaked aswell so the heavies sentries tweaks are not the only ones.
    Im pretty sure the developer will know that there are heavy mains out there and they consider it.
    Srry for da grammar

    Regards

    Just to let you know inside of thirty yards you will always kill a heavy in two bursts with a Blurrg, and one with a headshot. A full four round burst of a Blurrg does 148 pts of damage without the headshot multiplier. That's a dead specialist, an Assult and officer left with 2 hp and a heavy left with 52 hp.
  • As a side note, @Mr_Taver and I are working to bring a full 'Known Bug' list that will be published on the forums. That way everyone can see what our team is tracking and working against to get updated.

    While many of the reported bugs have been submitted and the team is working on them, its hard to find threads and tweet responses our team has responded to that let the community know the team is aware.

    My friend had his rank reset twice now (first from 32 to 11) and some Milestones reset as well (Hero Ship kills from 23/25 to 1/25, Bomber torpedo kills from 30/50 to 1/50). I really hope there will be a fix for this.
  • rAiGa
    15 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'

    mostly you cant get around like on nabbo in the palace and there is no counter for it :)
  • Just to let you know inside of thirty yards you will always kill a heavy in two bursts with a Blurrg, and one with a headshot. A full four round burst of a Blurrg does 148 pts of damage without the headshot multiplier. That's a dead specialist, an Assult and officer left with 2 hp and a heavy left with 52 hp.

    well you need to hit those 2 bursts, isnt that easy and every second you dont shot a heavy, he gets hp back. The fact is they are very tanky in that period of time.
  • And yet so many players Blurrg 1 shot a heavy every day with ease. I agree M/K adapters, rapid fire mods, aim bots, Edp, etc. can be a factor. The same garbage player doing this almost always has a health modifier to take 10 times more damage too. That’s a given. Same bull in every shooter. Nothing new sadly.

    Every game always has one OP messed up SMG or pistol that these poodoo take advantage of. It always takes the devs forever to Patch it.
    Balance the OFFICER and the BLURRG! They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS! So far, every so called "nerf" has failed to change anything. #actuallynerfthenoobtubecrutch :*
  • rAiGa wrote: »
    Man, people are always complaining about the Heavies Supercharged sentry. It's quite funny actually because every single person that i've seen playing always say that the Heavy class is such a noob or beginner class, and yet, they'll go and complain about how the Heavies weapons are "TOO STRONG". I think that the weapons that the heavy class had been given are perfect for its class. Too bad there are those cry babies that'll have to always complain about something. so what if the officers Blurrg is strong, or even the CR-2? that's the way that the developers intended it to be. Now, back to the heavy class: Everyone who calls the Heavy class the Noob Class, (excuse my french) quit **** about how the Heavy classes Supercharged Sentry is too strong. If you haven't FRICKEN noticed, heavies are PRETTY **** slow to move around while the ability is activated. Plus, when heavies cant move fast, they can become an easy prey to the enemy class. Also, I LOVE TO PLAY AS THE HEAVY CLASS (AND ALL OF THE OTHER CLASSES TOO)!!! THE HEAVIES MAIN WEAPONS MAY NOT BE AS ACCURATE OR AS STRONG AS THE OFFICERS AND THE ASSAULT CLASSES WEAPONS, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE A DOUBLE EDGED SUPERCHARGED SENTRY THAT CAN MELT THROUGH ENEMIES YET AT THE SAME TIME, IT CAN MAKE THEM VERY VERY VULNERABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SLOW SPEED. Other than that, i have NO complaints because I CAN appreciate a game where developers give each class a unique ability to use. Excuse my french again but, all of you WHINERS need to stop complaining and enjoy the **** game!!!

    Sledgehammer70, I hope you are reading this (im just pitching in my two cents on the situation)

    PS/FYI: It does take skills to play as the Heavy class, otherwise you people wouldn't even have complaints about it

    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero? You cant deflect the shots with your lightsaber and it deals a ton of damage.
    Of course when you use super sentry you are slow, BUT what you didnt wrote, you get hp regen during the time + some % of evplosive reduction what make heavies very tanky, even with blurrg you need 3 bursts to defeat them, btw. i believe the blurrg and cr-2 getting tweaked aswell so the heavies sentries tweaks are not the only ones.
    Im pretty sure the developer will know that there are heavy mains out there and they consider it.
    Srry for da grammar

    Regards

    Just to let you know inside of thirty yards you will always kill a heavy in two bursts with a Blurrg, and one with a headshot. A full four round burst of a Blurrg does 148 pts of damage without the headshot multiplier. That's a dead specialist, an Assult and officer left with 2 hp and a heavy left with 52 hp.

    Yeah man. I get 1 shot (in the head) by a Blurrg a lot as Heavy with HP cards etc.
    Balance the OFFICER and the BLURRG! They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS! So far, every so called "nerf" has failed to change anything. #actuallynerfthenoobtubecrutch :*
  • InFernoZ
    163 posts Member
    edited January 14
    And yet so many players Blurrg 1 shot a heavy every day with ease. I agree M/K adapters, rapid fire mods, aim bots, Edp, etc. can be a factor. The same garbage player doing this almost always has a health modifier to take 10 times more damage too. That’s a given. Same bull in every shooter. Nothing new sadly.

    Every game always has one OP messed up SMG or pistol that these poodoo take advantage of. It always takes the devs forever to Patch it.

    You forgot the guy who uses a one shot hack/mod. Twice in a row I was Luke and I was one shot by an EL-16 ( I changed server after the first time, there was another in the 2nd)
    Luke main
  • rAiGa wrote: »
    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'

    mostly you cant get around like on nabbo in the palace and there is no counter for it :)

    It is funny how people keep ignoring the many ways the people on this forum have already given to counter it; so let me resume just a few ways, don't just stand there when someone with SCS is shooting at you, dodge roll, jump get behind cover and continue to back up as the splash damage can still get you, SCS makes a very distinct sound and is very visible, please do not run into it like a bot...
    I know Naboo 2nd phase is basically 3 choke points, yet I do not think I have ever seen all 3 sides with heavies rotating their SCS's continuously down the hallways, which brings us to flanking, if going straight at him doesn't work maybe choosing a different path will, also grenades, and the Assault acid launcher use them, and if flanking or nades don't work wait 10 seconds for it to be on cool down and then push, and if all else fails guess what SCS is something both sides can use equally, you can actually counter SCS with any of the sentries if you apply any of the above tactics you will easily kill that pesky SCS user .
    Ofcourse there is always the possibility that you are just terrible and will continue to ignore these very easy to apply tactics like so many asking for the nerf have already done, one could only hope you can do better than that lot, I wish you the very best of luck .
    Ohhh I almost forgot, all of this applies to heroes too, you are not invincible as one nor should you be .
  • Maybe the rolling will finally be fixed, that way han can’t roll through the nuclear apocalypse
  • I lost my ability to run, block, or jump as Luke in GA after getting electrocuted by Palpatine. That was a challenege too
  • zLogen wrote: »
    rAiGa wrote: »
    Of course as a heavy main you write this and i understand you, but you know how hard it is to play against a super sentry as a hero?

    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'

    mostly you cant get around like on nabbo in the palace and there is no counter for it :)

    It is funny how people keep ignoring the many ways the people on this forum have already given to counter it; so let me resume just a few ways, don't just stand there when someone with SCS is shooting at you, dodge roll, jump get behind cover and continue to back up as the splash damage can still get you, SCS makes a very distinct sound and is very visible, please do not run into it like a bot...
    I know Naboo 2nd phase is basically 3 choke points, yet I do not think I have ever seen all 3 sides with heavies rotating their SCS's continuously down the hallways, which brings us to flanking, if going straight at him doesn't work maybe choosing a different path will, also grenades, and the Assault acid launcher use them, and if flanking or nades don't work wait 10 seconds for it to be on cool down and then push, and if all else fails guess what SCS is something both sides can use equally, you can actually counter SCS with any of the sentries if you apply any of the above tactics you will easily kill that pesky SCS user .
    Ofcourse there is always the possibility that you are just terrible and will continue to ignore these very easy to apply tactics like so many asking for the nerf have already done, one could only hope you can do better than that lot, I wish you the very best of luck .
    Ohhh I almost forgot, all of this applies to heroes too, you are not invincible as one nor should you be .

    We do not ignore those advices, it's just that most of them are garbage. All your solutions may sound nice here but are useless in the game. Most of the time you don't get a chance to run away from SCS fire because when player gets hit he has about 1.5 sec to hide and that is hardly enough to change direction let alone hide. Going around is a great idea, the problem is that there are 20 enemy players on a map of GA and several choke points and if one or more of them is held by a SINGLE player with SCS it's **** hard to flank him when you must carve through the REST of his team in an attempt to take him out. Grenades would be nice, but deployed SCS has accelerated regeneration that requires direct hit plus several blaster hits to kill. It's usually suicidal trying to throw a grenade on SCS holding any choke point as the player is lucky if he actually throws the grenade at all. Acid launcher must be a joke, the accelerated healing counters that without breaking a sweat. The fire time of SCS is really long and if attackers choose to wait till SCS has cooldown they give enemies plenty of time to easily fill ranks and restore defense, that is something attackers cannot afford to happen, at least not with the means of communication the game is equipped with. Yes, heroes should not be omnipotent, but also should not be killed within 4 seconds of direct frontal fire from SINGLE player that lightsaber user should be able to block (it's especially painfull to see Vader killed this way as he is slower that others). If nothing else, I really think that the accelerated healing should be removed from that card.
  • But why are you guys turning this thread into yet another nerf the SCS thread? I don’t know if you guys are getting all your memos, but SCS and Blurrg are both getting nerfed so let it go already.
    NeoX
  • MaulMeister
    953 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Are you new to EA games? It’s because it’s EA and we want to make sure it’s done right. There’s never enough reminders for them.
    Balance the OFFICER and the BLURRG! They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS! So far, every so called "nerf" has failed to change anything. #actuallynerfthenoobtubecrutch :*
  • InFernoZ wrote: »
    And yet so many players Blurrg 1 shot a heavy every day with ease. I agree M/K adapters, rapid fire mods, aim bots, Edp, etc. can be a factor. The same garbage player doing this almost always has a health modifier to take 10 times more damage too. That’s a given. Same bull in every shooter. Nothing new sadly.

    Every game always has one OP messed up SMG or pistol that these poodoo take advantage of. It always takes the devs forever to Patch it.

    You forgot the guy who uses a one shot hack/mod. Twice in a row I was Luke and I was one shot by an EL-16 ( I changed server after the first time, there was another in the 2nd)

    It’s pathetic that they need that. They are small in the pants. :D
    Balance the OFFICER and the BLURRG! They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS! So far, every so called "nerf" has failed to change anything. #actuallynerfthenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Darkaid
    9577 posts Member
    Boba shouldn't be knocked out of the sky when an explosive or SCS hits him. I hope this is also changed in the next patch.
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Whatever change was made to SCS is probably already done, just waiting to be deployed. I doubt any further beatings of this dead horse are going to influence the tweaks. Besides, all I see are the same arguments from people that didn’t read the myriad of nerf whisperer threads. :)
    NeoX
  • Anoh
    8259 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    Boba shouldn't be knocked out of the sky when an explosive or SCS hits him. I hope this is also changed in the next patch.

    And hit by wookies too, only Han's mine should knock him out the sky
    Origin: Anofelahh - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Whatever change was made to SCS is probably already done, just waiting to be deployed. I doubt any further beatings of this dead horse are going to influence the tweaks. Besides, all I see are the same arguments from people that didn’t read the myriad of nerf whisperer threads. :)

    Yes, the patch is done, they are just awaiting approval to release it.
  • So I am guessing its releasing Tuesday ?????
  • AbyssWatch3r
    1567 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Hp on kill is something to be looked at, for this reason chewbacca, han, lando, Iden, boba, ren, and maul are terrible ideas to spawn in in GA, they just melt to infantry with no chance for recovery.
  • rAiGa wrote: »
    Just to let you know inside of thirty yards you will always kill a heavy in two bursts with a Blurrg, and one with a headshot. A full four round burst of a Blurrg does 148 pts of damage without the headshot multiplier. That's a dead specialist, an Assult and officer left with 2 hp and a heavy left with 52 hp.

    well you need to hit those 2 bursts, isnt that easy and every second you dont shot a heavy, he gets hp back. The fact is they are very tanky in that period of time.

    If you can't hit a guy who can only move at a snail crawl with an amazingly accurate burst weapon than I don't think it's the gun that's the issue in that scenario. The heavy regen is slower than any other class regen, sentry just makes it start sooner, but doesn't speed it up.

    Sentry doesn't do much for survival at all, in fact the explosive damage reduction and faster start to regen don't begin to counter the severely reduced movement or slower turning radious, it takes a heavy in sentry over 1.5 seconds to make an 180 degree turn.

    The only way a heavy will every outgun a Blurrg is if the heavy is already shooting and the Blurrg user shambles into his line of fire, or the officer is just a horrible shot. The main power of SCS is other people's lack of ability to not blindly run into it after watching the people in front of them get cut down.

    The biggest issue faced with talking about any type of sentry is we still don't actually have an accurate ROF for it, I tested it and got an approximation, but it needs to be run by someone with much better recording equipment then I have access too, and the other guys who was claiming to know was using a stop watch for some reason, which is never going to be accurate when we're talking about between 700-900 RPM. He claimed the SCS could kill a hero in less than 1/2 second, but claimed his margine for error was 500 milliseconds, which is 1/2 second. Clearly if your margin for error is ever equivalent to your result then your method of testing isn't up to par to obtain an accurate measurement.

    So since this is the patch thread I'll ask again here, real nice like. Developers can we please get accurate numbers on the guns and powers rather than bars. The community has worked hard to get the numbers we do have, and we would love to see real numbers on well basically everything.
  • The biggest issue faced with talking about any type of sentry is we still don't actually have an accurate ROF for it, I tested it and got an approximation, but it needs to be run by someone with much better recording equipment then I have access too, and the other guys who was claiming to know was using a stop watch for some reason, which is never going to be accurate when we're talking about between 700-900 RPM. He claimed the SCS could kill a hero in less than 1/2 second, but claimed his margine for error was 500 milliseconds, which is 1/2 second. Clearly if your margin for error is ever equivalent to your result then your method of testing isn't up to par to obtain an accurate measurement.
    That guy was me. And I'd like for you to not spread lies about me just to further your point, thank you.
    I never claimed the SCS kills a hero in half a second, I measured it to kill a heavy trooper in that time. This puts the dps at 400 which gives a rof estimate of 960.
    I also never stated anything about a margin of error, that you just made up completely. It goes without saying that the margin of error definitively is NOT 500.

    Yes, we do need official numbers, but don't try to make it seem like noone has any clue at all. My numbers were fairly consistent varying between around 480-530 ms ttk for a heavy. Enough to give us a ballpark estimate to use in these kinds of discussions.
  • hope the crash to desktop gets fixed soon. always happens in the mines on crait
  • Wow i been waiting for the patch release like 10 ages ago. Im down for another 10 B)
    giphy.gif
  • Yeah, today I played without Maul's lightsaber :-) true challenge

    I did that with Vadar sans lightsaber. Interesting...
  • I hope changes are ONLY made by data and feedback from these forums are not considered at all. A bunch of elitist **** ruining the game and fun because they want their character not to get taken out as easily. Crying about a slow as molasis SCS taking them out at a choke point? That's all heavyset are good for, give them that. Without one strength they are garbage. Each character should have one really strong skill, make it fun. You Nerf everything equal and people will be bored. I already feel things have been tweaked too much, vanilla boring, bunch of crybabies on here...Nerf this, Nerf that, Nerf Nerf Nerf. Please
  • Nelvaan wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    And with that single sentence, the nerf callers are summed up perfectly. If its too hard, its not 'I'll think of a way around it or a counter', its 'nerf it. Nerf it into the ground'
    +1

    God forbid a hero should have to use their wits to deal with a situation. Remember that scene in the Phantom Menace where 2 droidekas roll up on Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon? They dashed out of there and stuck with PTO. They could have also relocated and flanked them for 2 kills and some battlepoints at the expense of losing the entire game. I think they did the right thing, but that's going way off topic. What is the topic anyway? Super charged sentry? I love the current state of the SCS. The fact it is capable of wrecking you incentivizes to use your brain, pay attention, switch gears and come up with different tactics. Let's see how the upcoming patch is gonna change the game's dynamics. Let's see what the next thing to blame for one's own incompetence will be.

    IKR? There are times I wonder if heroes like bossk, boba, Leia (sniping with heavy shot), and Palpatine require little effort to play, mowing folks down, and others require thought. Hence the complaints about SCS.
    NavarDerth wrote: »
    We do not ignore those advices, it's just that most of them are garbage. All your solutions may sound nice here but are useless in the game. Most of the time you don't get a chance to run away from SCS fire because when player gets hit he has about 1.5 sec to hide and that is hardly enough to change direction let alone hide. Going around is a great idea, the problem is that there are 20 enemy players on a map of GA and several choke points and if one or more of them is held by a SINGLE player with SCS it's **** hard to flank him when you must carve through the REST of his team in an attempt to take him out. Grenades would be nice, but deployed SCS has accelerated regeneration that requires direct hit plus several blaster hits to kill. It's usually suicidal trying to throw a grenade on SCS holding any choke point as the player is lucky if he actually throws the grenade at all. Acid launcher must be a joke, the accelerated healing counters that without breaking a sweat. The fire time of SCS is really long and if attackers choose to wait till SCS has cooldown they give enemies plenty of time to easily fill ranks and restore defense, that is something attackers cannot afford to happen, at least not with the means of communication the game is equipped with. Yes, heroes should not be omnipotent, but also should not be killed within 4 seconds of direct frontal fire from SINGLE player that lightsaber user should be able to block (it's especially painfull to see Vader killed this way as he is slower that others). If nothing else, I really think that the accelerated healing should be removed from that card.

    Nope, plz try again. As a heavy, I am telling you it is possible, you simply have to think and keep practicing. This isn't a solo game when in MULTIPLAYER. You don't run and gun to victory. So yeah, you have to deal with the team too. Work together, an you will get somewhere.

    You overestimate the healing of sentry, poison gas is not something one can just heal through. SCS is pretty much something to hold folks back try and get reinforcements. It doesn't always work. And it isn't always ideal. I change up based on circumstance. I have pummels heroes (Palpatine specifically)with SCS and have not melted them. They took it all and killed me. Imo, things are fine. Those players may have been hackers as far as I know.
    Are you new to EA games? It’s because it’s EA and we want to make sure it’s done right. There’s never enough reminders for them.

    They did buff Palpatine when he didn't need it and left his attacks still broken. We will likely have to remind that SCS and most heroes are fine. I'll wait for the final notes to be disappointed if warranted.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!