criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Limit heroes and vehicles to one use per player per game

Prev1
Here's a simple suggestion to bring balance to the force game...

Why don't we limit heroes and vehicles to one use per player per game?

This would bring some real balance between the good and the not-so-good players plus you won't have spammers taking advantage of, for instance, the MTT+defender ability on maps like Kashyyyk and Theed or those pesky speeders on Starkiller and Moss Eisley.

If you really are a good player you should be able to play for ages as your chosen hero or in your tank, LAAT etc but you will need to show your actual skill to survive. It would also means others will get a chance to assume the hero or vehicle if/when you get wiped out.

If you're scared of this idea maybe you're not as good a player as you think you are ;)
It's not the winning but the taking part.... and winning

Replies

• Horrible idea.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• –1...
  • Don't like it? Can you explain why?
  • Then you'd have people complaining "I never get to play Hero/Vehicle" even more. Why limit something that's already fairly low anyways?
  • Some people like to use vehicles and some like to use heroes. Limit them 1 of each then the battle will be mainly infantry. There's already modes for that.
  • darthsbro wrote: »
    Don't like it? Can you explain why?

Maybe I like to play tanks, maybe I love to fly, maybe I am going to main certain heroes... The GA matches are already too short. Often you can't get even a hero or something you want to buy with all the BP.
    I don't see any reason to limit the gameplay further. It's already scripted and linear.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Then you'd have people complaining "I never get to play Hero/Vehicle" even more. Why limit something that's already fairly low anyways?

I completely disagree. You would have more people playing vehicles/heroes. It puts the pressure on the one playing the hero, LAAT, MTT etc to perform.

MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Then you'd have people complaining "I never get to play Hero/Vehicle" even more. Why limit something that's already fairly low anyways?

I completely disagree. You would have more people playing vehicles/heroes. It puts the pressure on the one playing the hero, LAAT, MTT etc to perform.

I disagree with you. At the end you will have one team dominating with the awesome players and no one has a change to counter them.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Nah. Heroes and vehicles cost BP so people are already pressured to perform or risk losing all the BP on nothing.

That makes zero sense... How could MORE people play as Heroes or vehicles, if you limit them to 1 player each? A player who's already bad at playing as Heroes or vehicles will still be just as bad as they were if you limit it to 1 player. I doubt it would put any sort of "pressure" on someone to do well.
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    Nope.
    darthsbro wrote: »

That makes zero sense... How could MORE people play as Heroes or vehicles, if you limit them to 1 player each? A player who's already bad at playing as Heroes or vehicles will still be just as bad as they were if you limit it to 1 player. I doubt it would put any sort of "pressure" on someone to do well.

I think he has no idea what he is saying now lol
  • The game is currently based on merit. The good players get more good stuff.

It’s fine. If you want better stuff, learn how to play better. Like most games, it’s not only skill, it’s also being smarter than the other guy and putting yourself in a situation to succeed.
  • Tomm3hgunn wrote: »
    Some people like to use vehicles and some like to use heroes. Limit them 1 of each then the battle will be mainly infantry. There's already modes for that.

There are also modes for heroes and starfighters. Just as a tank battle and you're sorted!

How would it be mainly infantry in GA? Others would be playing the vehicles or heroes. The gameplay wouldn't stop just because you got killed because someone else would assume the position. You would still have your chance and your skill would dictate how long you get to stay in character for.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Oh I don't think so
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    While we're throwing out ideas that will never happen.

Can I cash in all the BP I don't use each match for something? I never use vehicles/heroes/reinforcements really so I feel like I am wasting them.
    Tomm3hgunn wrote: »
    Some people like to use vehicles and some like to use heroes. Limit them 1 of each then the battle will be mainly infantry. There's already modes for that.

There are also modes for heroes and starfighters. Just as a tank battle and you're sorted!

How would it be mainly infantry in GA? Others would be playing the vehicles or heroes. The gameplay wouldn't stop just because you got killed because someone else would assume the position. You would still have your chance and your skill would dictate how long you get to stay in character for.

Look, your idea is just not good. I'm for sure this will never get added and I don't see anyone agreeing with you. I'm done here.

More players would get the chance to play the hero/vehicle because they wouldn't be totally dominated by the top players and what's wrong with falling back to infantry anyway? It's a team game no?

The pressure to perform would be there unless you're the type that want to stay back and take easy kills without PTO.

More players would get the chance to play the hero/vehicle because they wouldn't be totally dominated by the top players and what's wrong with falling back to infantry anyway? It's a team game no?

The pressure to perform would be there unless you're the type that want to stay back and take easy kills without PTO.

With your logic, if the best players get Heroes and Vehicles first, they're still going to last the same amount of time before they die, 1 player limit or not. You're honestly making 0 sense man.
  • rocketpig wrote: »
    The game is currently based on merit. The good players get more good stuff.

It’s fine. If you want better stuff, learn how to play better. Like most games, it’s not only skill, it’s also being smarter than the other guy and putting yourself in a situation to succeed.

I don't disagree but that goes hand in hand with what I suggest. If you're (genuinely) good you will still dominate.

It's not about me wanting better stuff. I don't mind the grind and do work to get better.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Hanzo wrote: »

Can I cash in all the BP I don't use each match for something? I never use vehicles/heroes/reinforcements really so I feel like I am wasting them.

:joy:
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Hanzo wrote: »

I don't use them usually either. Much more fun to play and own as infantry
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • darthsbro
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    With your logic, if the best players get Heroes and Vehicles first, they're still going to last the same amount of time before they die, 1 player limit or not. You're honestly making 0 sense man.

Of course - if they are a good player they will survive and dominate play. I have no problem with that. If things wouldn't change what is there to be fearful of with my suggestion? It would simply mean if you die you need to choose another path. Maybe help your team more, try another vehicle/hero.

• Jaku
    205 posts Member
    Let's not do that.
  • There is always a risk that If you get only 1 hero per match, it will encourage hero hogging spawm campy playstyle.

Of course - if they are a good player they will survive and dominate play. I have no problem with that. If things wouldn't change what is there to be fearful of with my suggestion? It would simply mean if you die you need to choose another path. Maybe help your team more, try another vehicle/hero.

You're still not getting my point. Besides, if you limit these things to just 1 player, how is anyone supposed to get good at using them? And no, "just play HvV" doesnt make someone play Heroes better. Again, its fine as is.
    darthsbro wrote: »

You're still not getting my point. Besides, if you limit these things to just 1 player, how is anyone supposed to get good at using them? And no, "just play HvV" doesnt make someone play Heroes better. Again, its fine as is.

+1

In HvV heroes mostly play very differently and most players use different card loadouts that they use in Galacti Assault

• There is always a risk that If you get only 1 hero per match, it will encourage hero hogging spawm campy playstyle.

You see guys. This is a good response! It's the one thing with my idea that I can see a problem with.

It's a discussion. Not a war. I'm throwing an idea out there. If you disagree say why.

There is always a risk that If you get only 1 hero per match, it will encourage hero hogging spawm campy playstyle.

You see guys. This is a good response! It's the one thing with my idea that I can see a problem with.

It's a discussion. Not a war. I'm throwing an idea out there. If you disagree say why.

Forgot to mention but same would apply also on AAT, AT-ST etc. Since it is a slight problem in the game even now, I fear that the Vehicle hogging would become increasingly worse with this. And I am those few who don't seem to see vehicles as a huge problem (or heroes).

Here's a simple suggestion to bring balance to the force game...

Why don't we limit heroes and vehicles to one use per player per game?

This would bring some real balance between the good and the not-so-good players plus you won't have spammers taking advantage of, for instance, the MTT+defender ability on maps like Kashyyyk and Theed or those pesky speeders on Starkiller and Moss Eisley.

If you really are a good player you should be able to play for ages as your chosen hero or in your tank, LAAT etc but you will need to show your actual skill to survive. It would also means others will get a chance to assume the hero or vehicle if/when you get wiped out.

If you're scared of this idea maybe you're not as good a player as you think you are ;)

The point of the current system is to incetivize more aggressive hero play and increase hero turnover. The system you suggest would limit heroes to the best players, and would incetivize those players to play cautiously to retain the hero. Fortunately, what you suggest would never be implemented.
  • This would lead to even more players hoarding points for heroes, and now no one on their team is willing to give up their one chance on a vehicle instead of a hero. So now those players who are already dominating with vehicles even though there's competition, would dominate far more, which in turn will lead more players to come on the forum and complain because it's not fair that they have to counter vehicles.

Bad and mediocre players already get dusted quick in vehicles. GA is built around combined arms warfare, the vehicles are designed to be there for any phase they are available. People who don't want to deal with others vehicles should learn that there are more modes available to the play without vehicles than there are with them, so maybe try playing those modes instead of turning the only combined arms into another infantry mode.

Battlefronts has always been a mix of infantry, heros, and vehicles. Each of those things draws certain players to the game. Some people enjoy vehicles more than heroes or infantry, and some don't like to play anything except standard troops. Stripping out an entire subsection of players preferred game mode/style after they bought the game to make a different subset happy is about the worst decision a game developer can make.

I get that and I'm not suggesting HvV is the same as GA. Like anything you get good by doing it again and again and again. But what do you do if someone does take the hero you want as it is now? You choose a different one no?

Nothing changes except that you need to make the most of it every time you play or let others try. Most of the time with heroes I have been able to respawn as the same one immediately and I've then seen the in-game comments about me spamming the character. I get that too.

Take the LAAT on Kashiyyyk for instance. I've lost count of the times I've shot down the same guy 4-5x in the same game. They die they spawn again and no one else gets a go in the LAAT.

• GodKC
    245 posts Member
    Nope! I don’t think so...
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC

I get that and I'm not suggesting HvV is the same as GA. Like anything you get good by doing it again and again and again. But what do you do if someone does take the hero you want as it is now? You choose a different one no?

Nothing changes except that you need to make the most of it every time you play or let others try. Most of the time with heroes I have been able to respawn as the same one immediately and I've then seen the in-game comments about me spamming the character. I get that too.

Take the LAAT on Kashiyyyk for instance. I've lost count of the times I've shot down the same guy 4-5x in the same game. They die they spawn again and no one else gets a go in the LAAT.

An LAAT =/= a Hero. An LAAT costs 400 BP, Heroes are 6k-8k. If the same person wants to use a LAAT all the time, and get shot down each time, by all means. There's always going to be more matches. And those types of vehicles ARE already limited to 1 player only (exceptions for MTTs and AT-ATs on certain maps). But limiting the game to 1 Hero avaliable at any given time is just going to make it harder for some players to get these things. Besides, unless you already have enough points to get 2 Heroes, its basically impossible to play as Hero again right after
  • This would lead to even more players hoarding points for heroes, and now no one on their team is willing to give up their one chance on a vehicle instead of a hero. So now those players who are already dominating with vehicles even though there's competition, would dominate far more, which in turn will lead more players to come on the forum and complain because it's not fair that they have to counter vehicles.

Bad and mediocre players already get dusted quick in vehicles. GA is built around combined arms warfare, the vehicles are designed to be there for any phase they are available. People who don't want to deal with others vehicles should learn that there are more modes available to the play without vehicles than there are with them, so maybe try playing those modes instead of turning the only combined arms into another infantry mode.

Battlefronts has always been a mix of infantry, heros, and vehicles. Each of those things draws certain players to the game. Some people enjoy vehicles more than heroes or infantry, and some don't like to play anything except standard troops. Stripping out an entire subsection of players preferred game mode/style after they bought the game to make a different subset happy is about the worst decision a game developer can make.

I totally get your points.

I also think a good player will always dominate but even good players get killed and that is good for the game.

I also get that people tend to specialize in something (I play heavy or specialist most of the time) but when you get a hero (not mentioning any names *cough* Palpatine) racking up massive scores and able to continually respawn it tends to lead to objectively flat gameplay in my experience. If that player got wiped out and couldn't immediately respawn as Palpatine it would change the game dynamics for the better I think.

This would lead to even more players hoarding points for heroes, and now no one on their team is willing to give up their one chance on a vehicle instead of a hero. So now those players who are already dominating with vehicles even though there's competition, would dominate far more, which in turn will lead more players to come on the forum and complain because it's not fair that they have to counter vehicles.

I totally get your points.

I also think a good player will always dominate but even good players get killed and that is good for the game.

I also get that people tend to specialize in something (I play heavy or specialist most of the time) but when you get a hero (not mentioning any names *cough* Palpatine) racking up massive scores and able to continually respawn it tends to lead to objectively flat gameplay in my experience. If that player got wiped out and couldn't immediately respawn as Palpatine it would change the game dynamics for the better I think.

Unless someone already has enough points for multiple Heroes, its nearly impossible to get enough points back to play Hero. Also, you can't select the same Hero after you die, they get locked out for you (or maybe someone else picks them, I dont know. It seems more like that specific Hero gets locked for you).
    An LAAT =/= a Hero. An LAAT costs 400 BP, Heroes are 6k-8k. If the same person wants to use a LAAT all the time, and get shot down each time, by all means. There's always going to be more matches. And those types of vehicles ARE already limited to 1 player only (exceptions for MTTs and AT-ATs on certain maps). But limiting the game to 1 Hero avaliable at any given time is just going to make it harder for some players to get these things. Besides, unless you already have enough points to get 2 Heroes, its basically impossible to play as Hero again right after

In most games I see the same guy playing the same hero immediately after getting wiped out as that hero. It's far from impossible. It seems quite normal to me. Maybe we're playing very different games but I doubt it.

I have played the same hero 2-3x in a row several times and i'm not even that great a player. I usually sit in the middle of the scoreboard. I did spam the defender/MTT though and got berated for doing it.

In most games I see the same guy playing the same hero immediately after getting wiped out as that hero. It's far from impossible. It seems quite normal to me. Maybe we're playing very different games but I doubt it.

I have played the same hero 2-3x in a row several times and i'm not even that great a player. I usually sit in the middle of the scoreboard. I did spam the defender/MTT though and got berated for doing it.

Again, like I said, its possible to be a Hero right after dying as a Hero if you already has enough points. If you spent 6k on a Hero, you would need 600 kills, give or take, depending on kill assists and damaging players, to get your 6k back. And again, I don't remember if a Hero gets locked out for you after you die as them. And to go back to your original point, if someone racks up 20k+ BP, and they play as the Hero the rest of the round, how would limiting it to 1 player help in any way?
  • Did you just.... no.
    qx08b.gif

Again, like I said, its possible to be a Hero right after dying as a Hero if you already has enough points. If you spent 6k on a Hero, you would need 600 kills, give or take, depending on kill assists and damaging players, to get your 6k back. And again, I don't remember if a Hero gets locked out for you after you die as them. And to go back to your original point, if someone racks up 20k+ BP, and they play as the Hero the rest of the round, how would limiting it to 1 player help in any way?

That's my point! It wouldn't help at all if they are good enough to last the whole round as that hero but if they die then someone else gets to play that hero and in every game there are several players with enough BP who would given the chance. The defeated player can choose a different hero/vehicle, just not the same hero/vehicle.

Racking up 20k+ points in a few mins is doable. Think MTT spamming, Speeders on Crait, AI kills etc.

That's my point! It wouldn't help at all if they are good enough to last the whole round as that hero but if they die then someone else gets to play that hero and in every game there are several players with enough BP who would given the chance. The defeated player can choose a different hero/vehicle, just not the same hero/vehicle.

Racking up 20k+ points in a few mins is doable. Think MTT spamming, Speeders on Crait, AI kills etc.

So then your point is to limit it so that only those players will become Hero? Dude, its fine as is, there's no need to make it harder for the average player to be able to earn these things
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Absolutely not, the Heroes need to be overpowered if that were the case, I'm talking BF1 bossk Level. Fix the Vehicles by making them not regenerate so they can actually be taken down. All Heroes need heal on kill b the way, it makes some objectively better than others.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
    So then your point is to limit it so that only those players will become Hero? Dude, its fine as is, there's no need to make it harder for the average player to be able to earn these things

I think you're completely missing my point dude.

My point is to limit individual hero selection to one per game per hero per player so that a single player can't keep playing the same hero in a single game (if they had enough points to do so). It does not limit anyone else playing that hero, in fact it makes it almost certain that others can and will play that hero if/when the player currently playing that hero is defeated. The defeated player can choose a different hero, just not the same hero i.e. you die as Vader = you can't play Vader again until the next game but you can still play as Palpatine, Bossk, Kylo etc. Someone else gets Vader.

I don't see how anything I suggested it could possibly stop an average player from earning enough BP to become the hero. Nothing in the initial stages of gameplay changes. if they hit 6-8k BP they can, if they choose, play as a hero. If they die as that hero they can't choose the same hero in that match. Simple as that.

I think you're completely missing my point dude.

My point is to limit individual hero selection to one per game per hero per player so that a single player can't keep playing the same hero in a single game (if they had enough points to do so). It does not limit anyone else playing that hero, in fact it makes it almost certain that others can and will play that hero if/when the player currently playing that hero is defeated. The defeated player can choose a different hero, just not the same hero i.e. you die as Vader = you can't play Vader again until the next game but you can still play as Palpatine, Bossk, Kylo etc. Someone else gets Vader.

I don't see how anything I suggested it could possibly stop an average player from earning enough BP to become the hero. Nothing in the initial stages of gameplay changes. if they hit 6-8k BP they can, if they choose, play as a hero. If they die as that hero they can't choose the same hero in that match. Simple as that.

If that's what you were trying to get at, then you didnt explain it clearly enough. Obviously me, and a lot of other people think you meant you wanted to limit the amount of active Heroes and vehicles to 1 at a time.
  • If the limit was 1 I would get a vehicle or hero first and then just sit in the back until the last phase
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EightMile wrote: »
    If the limit was 1 I would get a vehicle or hero first and then just sit in the back until the last phase

*plays Kylo Ren*
    *goes to your character*
    *does the emote*
    COWARDS!
    qx08b.gif

• darthsbro
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    If that's what you were trying to get at, then you didnt explain it clearly enough. Obviously me, and a lot of other people think you meant you wanted to limit the amount of active Heroes and vehicles to 1 at a time.

You mean explain as in how I clearly explained it in my first post?

Actually, my apologies. I can see that how I wrote the topic looks like I wanted to limit players to a single hero or vehicle per game.
    Post edited by darthsbro on
  • EightMile wrote: »
    If the limit was 1 I would get a vehicle or hero first and then just sit in the back until the last phase

Team player then? :/

Please do. I've killed many heroes/vehicles who sit back.
  • I think it would be better to find a way to rebalance these vehicles and hero usage.

AAT is very hard to kill unless your team owns the skies and focuses on the tanks. Tanks in general earn absurd points, especially with the defender card.

Speeders die to easy to be limited, but they're so cheap, you can't afford to always re spawn as one.

Hero squatting is a big problem. I'm tired of seeing people do nothing on their heroes, but some heroes are completely worthless in certain situations. Like say you're trying to push the final objective on Kamino as Vader, he locks a hero slot, but the player just doesn't want to lose his hero either.
  • Instead of imposing a limit, there's been an idea thrown around on these forums for a queue system. Have enough BP to spawn in as a hero but all spots are taken? You queue in, and as soon as one hero dies, you have a few seconds to accept spawning in as the new hero.

This will prevent character selection campers that sit there waiting for a hero to be free. This will also prevent those that farm BP, with cheese methods or no cheese methods, to be able to hero spam death after death.