criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Phasma looks to be very overpower in Heroes vs Villains

Hi evryone,
I play HvV very often and I can tell that Phasma is senseless overpower. If she with her team camps close to the drone, which has a too long range, they are something like unkillable. She deals high damage with her high rate of fire, she has too much like which she can even increase and even if a melee hero manage to come close to her, her melee skill trows him away, giving her the chance to hit him again and again, shot or even pushing him again close to the drone.
Seriously, you should nerf her, mostly you should nerf that bot, it makes this modality become very static, it is such a pity.
P.S.: I apologyze if my english is not perferct, I hope you understand me anyway.

Replies

• Phasma is strong character, but she is very hard to master. The droid albeit it is strong, it cannot move and it also has limited range.

Have you tried to play her?
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • She's only strong against aggressive people. I have no issue just not going around her droid.
  • She is far from overpowered. Your ranged should be taking care of her droid, and if it's in a door way, you have to flank the room to have LoS of her droid. Without it, she's easy to kill.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • She is far from overpowered. Your ranged should be taking care of her droid, and if it's in a door way, you have to flank the room to have LoS of her droid. Without it, she's easy to kill.

+1 (and I main Phasma when darkside)

• Axone
    212 posts Member
    Phasma sentry drone need nerf. They need to be a way for melee to kill the droid. Reduce it health please and longer cooldown on the sentry drone.
  • push them out of the circle.

• Axone wrote: »
    Phasma sentry drone need nerf. They need to be a way for melee to kill the droid. Reduce it health please and longer cooldown on the sentry drone.

The cooldown for the droid is quite long tbh,

Has any of you played phasma in HvV or GA

• Zinjo2017
    292 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Phasma is strong character, but she is very hard to master. The droid albeit it is strong, it cannot move and it also has limited range.

True, but the droid is also not easy to destroy with Phasma nearby. Difficult combination to defeat in H v V. Not impossible but can give an undue advantage to the Villains side. With the hero side light on the number of force users, this can be a problem.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • bfloo
    10624 posts Member
    The droid is annoying when it catches you, but without it she would get destroyed.
  • EventHorizionOH
    606 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Her droid is only hard to kill if you're a saber user. So don't say something is OP because a saber wielder can't destroy it. There are counters to her droid. The droid has silly low health and I destroy it with any Ranged hero in about 4 seconds.

There is a reason why it's hard to kill as Melee. You're not suppose to. It's why it's in the game. I am getting tired of people calling things OP when they do not use the right counter to the skill.

Saber users should not be able to handle every situation. This logic is starting to run rampart.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • shes close to being pretty decent, a slight buff to her blaster damage and accuracy.. with her self heal/dmg reduction star card she would be fine outside her droid circle too
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    shes close to being pretty decent, a slight buff to her blaster damage and accuracy.. with her self heal/dmg reduction star card she would be fine outside her droid circle too

Blaster is actually accurate when shooting sustained fire, and it does easily headshot with sustained fire. So only a slight dmg buff if any. I think the biggest issue is that people can't counter her, since she is not very often played in the HvV, but no one seems to have issues with Lando Calrissians Disablar(?)
    wwkingms wrote: »
    shes close to being pretty decent, a slight buff to her blaster damage and accuracy.. with her self heal/dmg reduction star card she would be fine outside her droid circle too

Heal buff, I don't recall her having self heal abilities or cards like Vader, Luke, Leia, Rey etc. has.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    Phasma is strong character, but she is very hard to master. The droid albeit it is strong, it cannot move and it also has limited range.

True, but the droid is also not easy to destroy with Phasma nearby. Difficult combination to defeat in H v V. Not impossible but can give an undue advantage to the Villains side. With the hero side light on the number of force users, this can be a problem.

Nor it should bee too easy to destroy. I know that usually lightside has more force users on the matches than shooters, but isn't the obvious counter to "Phasma" issue to stop playing as Force user and take a shooter hero? That is how I deal with her, if my team has Rey & Luke (since I main Yoda mostly) I switch to Han or Lando and blast her away. And on the Darkside Phasma is (or should be) a Defensive support hero.
    Her droid is only hard to kill if you're a saber user. So don't say something is OP because a saber wielder can't destroy it. There are counters to her droid. The droid has silly low health and I destroy it with any Ranged hero in about 4 seconds.

There is a reason why it's hard to kill as Melee. You're not suppose to. It's why it's in the game. I am getting tired of people calling things OP when they do not use the right counter to the skill.

Saber users should not be able to handle every situation. This logic is starting to run rampart.

@EventHorizionOH You said it pretty well +1

• bfloo
    10624 posts Member

A saber user should be able to take out a droid.

Otherwise the droid army should be immune to lightsabers.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Well I think that you can damage the droid by Force skills and Yoda's Unleash does a good amount of damage in it also. Not sure how much a lightsaber does on it, but it does something. The Amount I've been killed when playing Phasma by Force users is quite high, since the stun doesn't last forever and the it doens't immediatly stun you again (I have atleast one video where luke kills me instantly the stun drops off). Not to mention that Phasma is quite slow on her movement (I think she is almost as slow as Vader).

Yeah a saber user can destroy it but, its not optimal for them to do so.

Otherwise this is a video game and players take 3 head shots from some weapons, and two hits from lightsabers, and a whole bunch of other things I could come up with. Come on dude, that is a silly response.
    What I am saying is, most games are not built of true logic. SWBF2 is no different.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • wwkingms
    699 posts Member
    edited January 14

Blaster is actually accurate when shooting sustained fire, and it does easily headshot with sustained fire. So only a slight dmg buff if any. I think the biggest issue is that people can't counter her, since she is not very often played in the HvV, but no one seems to have issues with Lando Calrissians Disablar(?)

Heal buff, I don't recall her having self heal abilities or cards like Vader, Luke, Leia, Rey etc. has.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »

Nor it should bee too easy to destroy. I know that usually lightside has more force users on the matches than shooters, but isn't the obvious counter to "Phasma" issue to stop playing as Force user and take a shooter hero? That is how I deal with her, if my team has Rey & Luke (since I main Yoda mostly) I switch to Han or Lando and blast her away. And on the Darkside Phasma is (or should be) a Defensive support hero.

@EventHorizionOH You said it pretty well +1

she has the health boost, thats what i meant, its temporary yea but adds dmg reduction (with star card) which makes her tanky
  • Her droid is only hard to kill if you're a saber user. So don't say something is OP because a saber wielder can't destroy it. There are counters to her droid. The droid has silly low health and I destroy it with any Ranged hero in about 4 seconds.

As frustrating as that droid is, I have to agree. Most players I've seen play Phasma like an Officer, they stay close to the droid to avoid being cut down.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Nilim
    150 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Stop using canon to justify **** changes. She is fine as is. HvV in close quarters is literally the only time she is useful. Don't take that away because you can't counter.
  • Sunitelm wrote: »
    If she with her team camps close to the drone, which has a too long range, they are something like unkillable.

You said it right there. If her team plays smart they're very difficult to beat.

If your team plays smart, they'll stay away from the drone. Or, alternatively, whoever on your team has the target should bait the villains into engaging you.

They can't balance against good tactics. Phasma's droid provides a mobile defensible position, and any smart team is going to make use of that regardless of what else Phasma brings to the table. Which, compared to Finn, isn't that much.
    giphy.gif
  • I would argue that she could stand to use a buff. She has a **** melee ability, a good snare ability, and a self preservation/defense ability that's arguably the worst buff out of all of them.

Her staff is utterly useless unless one of you careless heroes wanders into the range of her droid and is stunned. Otherwise her staff is more likely to get her killed than be of any use. There isn't another hero ability in this game that practically requires you to use a first ability in order to have a reasonable chance of success using the second.

If you take away her droid then you also are effectively taking away her staff too.
  • Phasma players camping bots are annoying. Not too mentiom if yoy wait outside its range it switches to firing mode. I have a simple solution. Remove all shock abilities in game and put in real abilities. Stop being lazy and taking control from characters to balance. Kylos feeeze is removed as soon as the player is damaged. However these shock abilities render you useless. I personally feel the shocking abilities are a few things that make this game a hot mess.

It wont happen but Dice needs to go back to the drawing table and design abilities that are just as effective but less cheese.
  • lincolnview
    20 posts Member
    edited January 20
    So you are upset by playing against somebody who knows how to play Phasma well, and you can't figure out how to perform a clever counterattack, and now Phasma is OP... LMAO. I love all the noobs who can only play lightsaber Heroes, and rush and melee, that get upset by good gameplay when their itsy bitsy lightsaber melee can't hurt a zone player... go back to COD.
    Sunitelm wrote: »
    Hi evryone,
    I play HvV very often and I can tell that Phasma is senseless overpower. If she with her team camps close to the drone, which has a too long range, they are something like unkillable. She deals high damage with her high rate of fire, she has too much like which she can even increase and even if a melee hero manage to come close to her, her melee skill trows him away, giving her the chance to hit him again and again, shot or even pushing him again close to the drone.
    Seriously, you should nerf her, mostly you should nerf that bot, it makes this modality become very static, it is such a pity.
    P.S.: I apologyze if my english is not perferct, I hope you understand me anyway.

You can destroy it with saber attacks, but you would be **** to run into it solo when Phasmas around it anyways. Plus, Phasmas the type of character where you have to be very careful when nerfing or buffing, she could spiral out of control completely if she receives too good buffs, like Chewie or Palpatine. If theres one thing they should do if she does get alot of attention, is rework her. Her kit is too reliant on her own turret. Without it, shes kinda useless tbh. (Ive played Phasma ALOT and I am STL 25 with her so ive invested alot of crafting parts to her).
  • @ElChubaNibre do you have any video of your Phasma play? I'd be interested to see someone who mains her.
  • ElChubaNibre
    493 posts Member
    edited January 23
    @ElChubaNibre do you have any video of your Phasma play? I'd be interested to see someone who mains her.

@Jaedric_Kaine here you go

The above one starts with "highlight intro" and it's followed by match at Takodana

this one is bit older, but it passes still

and the last is just one great moment that shows how strong Phasma can be when played with her strengths (also a poor choice at the end for me).

• wwkingms
    699 posts Member
    edited January 25
    inside her circle she can 1v1 anyone...... outside of it she has to roll, and run... back to her droid circle

i would say the biggest counter to her, and he counters everyone, is chewie.... if phasma cant LOS him then she can sit in the droid circle all she wants and eat a shock grenade and furious bowcaster to the dome

might i add that although i wouldnt condone it while under pressure.... any of the blaster users can take her drone out at a safe distance with about three three full heat cycles.. maybe 8 seconds ish? and now its on cooldown

and if only there was some powerful abilities which could effectively PUSH her... FORCEfully out of the circle......

• Zinjo2017
    292 posts Member
    edited January 28
    Phasma's blaster IS brutal. All the damage inflicting of the base unit but rapid fire! I guess they gave her a useless staff to keep her in balance. They would have been better off giving her a flash grenade or something, like the Officer class has instead of the staff. I agree she is tricky to balance.
    Her droid is effective against force users who are all about close combat, but not so much with shooters. Yet, shooters are too often cannon fodder for force users in H v V (Chewie being the only exception).
    So it is a tricky balance to field the right team for a match against one with Phasma in it. It may require a Finn with his dead eye shot to properly counter Phasma. If you get Phasma and the current itteration of Palpy on the map, well its game over for the light side.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • DeathToBinks
    17 posts Member
    edited January 31
    She has her uses as a team player but on her own she is beyond useless so cant say she is overpowered, if villains are just camping then send in Leia and Han, either will be able to pick off at distance, chewy can blast the droid to bits, many ways round the droid. If I was picking a team she would be the 2nd to last I'd pick from villains, just infront of IdenVersio, Bossk for the win , makes jedi look like simpletons ( you cant hit me )
  • Wildfree
    4 posts Member
    edited January 31
    My god... Phasma is not overpowered, what the **** I'm reading?

"Strong blaster"? What the f.... Holy sh... I cant believe comments like this actually exist.

Phasma is not even a good hero, its average. She's good only in HvV and only good, not dominating. If there is a Finn + Chewbie or basically any 2 blaster heros on the light side you cant control any zone with your droid, also if a saber hero find the droid alone he can destroy it very fast without Phasma causing troubles, and She will not be able to use it again soon. At the same time if you see Phasma alone without her droid you can kill her easily.

Her blaster does not damage, its awful, you only think it does because if youre stunned by her droid you will take a lot of damage (being a static target), but if you can move around, roll and jump you will not recive any damage from phasma, because her blaster only does damage with costant fire and thats hard to do against a mobile target. 1 Phasma bullet does not damage at all.

Just dont play like an **** rushing inside her Droid... Play smart thats all. Dont say everything is OP like a noob.

Palpatine is OP, not because anyone is noob, its because he actually is as a reality. Hitting people throught walls and killing them in 1 second without time to reaction, with a high movement speed and abling to restore his health. Thats what you call OP, not Phasma... My god.
  • I thought she wasn't great to be honest. I've only used her in GA and her weapon sucks.
  • droid up and she is alone then anyone can kill her apart from maybe yoda as he sucks balls, yes as a sabre wielder you will get stunned but who cares when phasma is dead 2 seconds after you awake from the initial stun
  • I will also add camping is a fail tactic unless you're playing noobs, first the campers need to kill the target on the other team, how they going to do that unless the **** comes to them to die, which means your giving the other team as many goes as they like to kill the camper target which eventually they will, not everyones health regens to max, so eventually campers team will be so weak all 4 will die from 1 guy. The best tactic is all go on the attack unless your playing one of the hard to kill characters, ie bossk and palpatine ( Bobba Fett if you're good and room to fly map ) , you have a choice when these are targets, bossk is pretty unkillable by all force users and even people with blasters need to get him out in the open to kill ( going after Bossk is very suicidal ) , as for palpatine he can just run and jump until your team has killed enemy target or as I said before all go as a group and the best team wins, usually dark side all things being equal.
  • going after Bossk is very suicidal......best team wins, usually dark side all things being equal.

Agree with everything, but these statements!

Going after Bossk is tough but not suicidal. Really you only need Lando or Finn with some good star cards to take bossk out by himself. I have found that Lando, Bossk, and Finn are pretty good for taking out either Emperor or Bossk in HvV by themselves, as long as you aren't by yourself trying to take on emperor and his goons simultaneously, or trying to take both bossk and emperor together side by side. That is a different story because Bossk is getting a lot of cover fire from emperor. I can usually take on the emperor or bossk and win a portion of the time not all the time of course. They will get me sometimes or someone else will finish me off right after I get them. I wouldn't say it's suicide though unless you are one of the other hero characters.

Also light side can be just as good if not better than the dark if they are working together more and they have finn to buff them. They also have to corral the emperor and keep him from going into overkill. If you team knows to take him on together immediately....the rest will fall. Once they nerf emperor's abilities this will become more obvious.

• DeathToBinks
    17 posts Member
    edited January 31
    one on one bossk kills any who follow, he can lay 2 lots of 3 charges before anyone can get a hit that will kill all but yoda, chuck a smoke bomb at him and hes dead before you even shoot your gun, only way to kill a skilled bossk player is to rush him with 2 or more or catch him offguard with any blaster character but then that calls in to question the skill of the player, he dies easily if you can shoot him but he has pretty **** good avoidance, getting stunned by lando or chewy is his biggest threat one on one in my opinion but then I play bossk as if he's wielding a lightsabre, right in your face , i'll run in drop 3 mines at your feet roll about a bit throw the grenade and wait for you to die and then say "you're just another target" ;-)
  • I'm also pretty poor with the rebels, can play Rey well and Han and Lando a bit but after that I'm struggling where as dark side I can play nearly all of them to a decent standard and top of the world as Bossk only occasionly being beaten by a good vadar or if I'm stuck in a right messed up team and the heroes are good then I might struggle to come top but will always be in top 3
  • Phasma in my opinion is decent her blaster could use more damage. The only thing I don't get that to play with her well u need to camp. If her staff strike sent her forward a bit it would be great. Her droid is fine. Just don't walk into it. The staff is the biggest issue
  • MaulMeister
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 3
    “Long CD”? lol You must be extraordinarily lucky enough to play against terrible Phasma’s all the time then because the OP stun turret is annoying as ****. I am constantly playing against Phasma’s with a turret that stuns me once, then again in 1 second. :s

Maybe certain dirtbags have found a glitch but it got old fast a while ago. I’m constantly in rooms with Dark side wimps camping around the shock turret in some hallway or small area choke point.

So either my genius teammates run in and die 50 times (even as our target. smh :s). Or it’s a stalemate because my team won’t go in, and the opposing team won’t come out of thier turret tent.

As far as accuracy goes... Phasma is extremely accurate. She even has 2 tank shield abilities ( Survivor + Safety first ), and she puts out plenty of damage. A damage buff would only make the issue much worse.

Then there’s the two cards that extend the radius of the turret shock and the shock duration. Naturally, players that main Phasma are going to say “she’s weak” and that she “needs a buff” etc.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Here it is everybody from a pro
    1. Phasma require a team coordination in HVV. Her droid can literally be a 5th player almost. Just run to the droid when being chased as target... end of story
    2 phasma can COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN ANY AND ALL ADVANCING HERO'S in GA. The whole game is designed to need heros to advance in certain stages. If phasma can set her droid down in the perfect areas a hero is required to attack through to progress. END OF STORY
    The problem is people expect too much from every single hero and don't understand balances counters mechanics and dev intention

Obviously her staff is broken and that's her only flaw