criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Phasma looks to be very overpower in Heroes vs Villains

Hi evryone,
I play HvV very often and I can tell that Phasma is senseless overpower. If she with her team camps close to the drone, which has a too long range, they are something like unkillable. She deals high damage with her high rate of fire, she has too much like which she can even increase and even if a melee hero manage to come close to her, her melee skill trows him away, giving her the chance to hit him again and again, shot or even pushing him again close to the drone.
Seriously, you should nerf her, mostly you should nerf that bot, it makes this modality become very static, it is such a pity.
P.S.: I apologyze if my english is not perferct, I hope you understand me anyway.

Replies

• Phasma is strong character, but she is very hard to master. The droid albeit it is strong, it cannot move and it also has limited range.

Have you tried to play her?
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • She's only strong against aggressive people. I have no issue just not going around her droid.
  • She is far from overpowered. Your ranged should be taking care of her droid, and if it's in a door way, you have to flank the room to have LoS of her droid. Without it, she's easy to kill.
  • She is far from overpowered. Your ranged should be taking care of her droid, and if it's in a door way, you have to flank the room to have LoS of her droid. Without it, she's easy to kill.

+1 (and I main Phasma when darkside)

• Axone
    187 posts Member
    Phasma sentry drone need nerf. They need to be a way for melee to kill the droid. Reduce it health please and longer cooldown on the sentry drone.
  • push them out of the circle.

• Axone wrote: »
    Phasma sentry drone need nerf. They need to be a way for melee to kill the droid. Reduce it health please and longer cooldown on the sentry drone.

The cooldown for the droid is quite long tbh,

Has any of you played phasma in HvV or GA

• Zinjo2017
    84 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Phasma is strong character, but she is very hard to master. The droid albeit it is strong, it cannot move and it also has limited range.

True, but the droid is also not easy to destroy with Phasma nearby. Difficult combination to defeat in H v V. Not impossible but can give an undue advantage to the Villains side. With the hero side light on the number of force users, this can be a problem.
  • bfloo
    8936 posts Member
    The droid is annoying when it catches you, but without it she would get destroyed.
  • EventHorizionOH
    281 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Her droid is only hard to kill if you're a saber user. So don't say something is OP because a saber wielder can't destroy it. There are counters to her droid. The droid has silly low health and I destroy it with any Ranged hero in about 4 seconds.

There is a reason why it's hard to kill as Melee. You're not suppose to. It's why it's in the game. I am getting tired of people calling things OP when they do not use the right counter to the skill.

Saber users should not be able to handle every situation. This logic is starting to run rampart.
  • shes close to being pretty decent, a slight buff to her blaster damage and accuracy.. with her self heal/dmg reduction star card she would be fine outside her droid circle too
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    shes close to being pretty decent, a slight buff to her blaster damage and accuracy.. with her self heal/dmg reduction star card she would be fine outside her droid circle too

Blaster is actually accurate when shooting sustained fire, and it does easily headshot with sustained fire. So only a slight dmg buff if any. I think the biggest issue is that people can't counter her, since she is not very often played in the HvV, but no one seems to have issues with Lando Calrissians Disablar(?)
    wwkingms wrote: »
    shes close to being pretty decent, a slight buff to her blaster damage and accuracy.. with her self heal/dmg reduction star card she would be fine outside her droid circle too

Heal buff, I don't recall her having self heal abilities or cards like Vader, Luke, Leia, Rey etc. has.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    Phasma is strong character, but she is very hard to master. The droid albeit it is strong, it cannot move and it also has limited range.

True, but the droid is also not easy to destroy with Phasma nearby. Difficult combination to defeat in H v V. Not impossible but can give an undue advantage to the Villains side. With the hero side light on the number of force users, this can be a problem.

Nor it should bee too easy to destroy. I know that usually lightside has more force users on the matches than shooters, but isn't the obvious counter to "Phasma" issue to stop playing as Force user and take a shooter hero? That is how I deal with her, if my team has Rey & Luke (since I main Yoda mostly) I switch to Han or Lando and blast her away. And on the Darkside Phasma is (or should be) a Defensive support hero.
    Her droid is only hard to kill if you're a saber user. So don't say something is OP because a saber wielder can't destroy it. There are counters to her droid. The droid has silly low health and I destroy it with any Ranged hero in about 4 seconds.

There is a reason why it's hard to kill as Melee. You're not suppose to. It's why it's in the game. I am getting tired of people calling things OP when they do not use the right counter to the skill.

Saber users should not be able to handle every situation. This logic is starting to run rampart.

@EventHorizionOH You said it pretty well +1

• bfloo
    8936 posts Member

A saber user should be able to take out a droid.

Otherwise the droid army should be immune to lightsabers.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Well I think that you can damage the droid by Force skills and Yoda's Unleash does a good amount of damage in it also. Not sure how much a lightsaber does on it, but it does something. The Amount I've been killed when playing Phasma by Force users is quite high, since the stun doesn't last forever and the it doens't immediatly stun you again (I have atleast one video where luke kills me instantly the stun drops off). Not to mention that Phasma is quite slow on her movement (I think she is almost as slow as Vader).

Yeah a saber user can destroy it but, its not optimal for them to do so.

Otherwise this is a video game and players take 3 head shots from some weapons, and two hits from lightsabers, and a whole bunch of other things I could come up with. Come on dude, that is a silly response.
    What I am saying is, most games are not built of true logic. SWBF2 is no different.
  • wwkingms
    158 posts Member
    edited January 14

Blaster is actually accurate when shooting sustained fire, and it does easily headshot with sustained fire. So only a slight dmg buff if any. I think the biggest issue is that people can't counter her, since she is not very often played in the HvV, but no one seems to have issues with Lando Calrissians Disablar(?)

Heal buff, I don't recall her having self heal abilities or cards like Vader, Luke, Leia, Rey etc. has.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »

Nor it should bee too easy to destroy. I know that usually lightside has more force users on the matches than shooters, but isn't the obvious counter to "Phasma" issue to stop playing as Force user and take a shooter hero? That is how I deal with her, if my team has Rey & Luke (since I main Yoda mostly) I switch to Han or Lando and blast her away. And on the Darkside Phasma is (or should be) a Defensive support hero.

@EventHorizionOH You said it pretty well +1

she has the health boost, thats what i meant, its temporary yea but adds dmg reduction (with star card) which makes her tanky
  • Her droid is only hard to kill if you're a saber user. So don't say something is OP because a saber wielder can't destroy it. There are counters to her droid. The droid has silly low health and I destroy it with any Ranged hero in about 4 seconds.

As frustrating as that droid is, I have to agree. Most players I've seen play Phasma like an Officer, they stay close to the droid to avoid being cut down.
  • Nilim
    144 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Stop using canon to justify **** changes. She is fine as is. HvV in close quarters is literally the only time she is useful. Don't take that away because you can't counter.
  • Sunitelm wrote: »
    If she with her team camps close to the drone, which has a too long range, they are something like unkillable.

You said it right there. If her team plays smart they're very difficult to beat.

If your team plays smart, they'll stay away from the drone. Or, alternatively, whoever on your team has the target should bait the villains into engaging you.

They can't balance against good tactics. Phasma's droid provides a mobile defensible position, and any smart team is going to make use of that regardless of what else Phasma brings to the table. Which, compared to Finn, isn't that much.
    giphy.gif
  • I would argue that she could stand to use a buff. She has a **** melee ability, a good snare ability, and a self preservation/defense ability that's arguably the worst buff out of all of them.

Her staff is utterly useless unless one of you careless heroes wanders into the range of her droid and is stunned. Otherwise her staff is more likely to get her killed than be of any use. There isn't another hero ability in this game that practically requires you to use a first ability in order to have a reasonable chance of success using the second.

If you take away her droid then you also are effectively taking away her staff too.
  • Phasma players camping bots are annoying. Not too mentiom if yoy wait outside its range it switches to firing mode. I have a simple solution. Remove all shock abilities in game and put in real abilities. Stop being lazy and taking control from characters to balance. Kylos feeeze is removed as soon as the player is damaged. However these shock abilities render you useless. I personally feel the shocking abilities are a few things that make this game a hot mess.

It wont happen but Dice needs to go back to the drawing table and design abilities that are just as effective but less cheese.
  • lincolnview
    10 posts Member
    edited January 20
    So you are upset by playing against somebody who knows how to play Phasma well, and you can't figure out how to perform a clever counterattack, and now Phasma is OP... LMAO. I love all the noobs who can only play lightsaber Heroes, and rush and melee, that get upset by good gameplay when their itsy bitsy lightsaber melee can't hurt a zone player... go back to COD.
    Sunitelm wrote: »
    Hi evryone,
    I play HvV very often and I can tell that Phasma is senseless overpower. If she with her team camps close to the drone, which has a too long range, they are something like unkillable. She deals high damage with her high rate of fire, she has too much like which she can even increase and even if a melee hero manage to come close to her, her melee skill trows him away, giving her the chance to hit him again and again, shot or even pushing him again close to the drone.
    Seriously, you should nerf her, mostly you should nerf that bot, it makes this modality become very static, it is such a pity.
    P.S.: I apologyze if my english is not perferct, I hope you understand me anyway.

You can destroy it with saber attacks, but you would be **** to run into it solo when Phasmas around it anyways. Plus, Phasmas the type of character where you have to be very careful when nerfing or buffing, she could spiral out of control completely if she receives too good buffs, like Chewie or Palpatine. If theres one thing they should do if she does get alot of attention, is rework her. Her kit is too reliant on her own turret. Without it, shes kinda useless tbh. (Ive played Phasma ALOT and I am STL 25 with her so ive invested alot of crafting parts to her).