criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Specialists are garbage!

Prev1
So I decided to play the Specialist today. Not only was I getting my butt handed to me. But hitting someone in the head 3 times and they don't die is a serious flaw. No idea what you developers were thinking. You made this game into a huge grind. You need to upgrade the damage a specialists weapon does. It is supposed to be a sniper rifle. Really can't snipe if you have to empty your clip into someone. I keep finding issues with this game and that is not a good sign on your part.

Replies

  • get kills with the infiltrator ability weapon till u unlock the better weapon or make the personal shield melee build for easy, easy kills. Specialist has 2 good snipers
  • Only use sniper for unlock trophy , 25 headshots and Im sick of sniper , it should be 1 shot kill
  • Well true, that specialist has two good snipers, since A280-cfe is more of a close range marksman rifle that has rather high dmg output. Specialist itself is a tricky class to play, since you are weak, althou specialist has fastest health regen of all classes. But it is still my favorite.
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

    PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • MasterY0da wrote: »
    Only use sniper for unlock trophy , 25 headshots and Im sick of sniper , it should be 1 shot kill

    Don’t mean to burst your shield bubble but a 1 shot kill with the Specialist class would make it pretty OP in this game. There were plenty people upset about how the pulse cannon in Battlefront 2015 would one shot anyone regardless of where they were hit. I can hit a target all day long. Head shots killing in a single shot is fine as it requires more skill, but the Specialist already has a weapon that can do this, the NT-242. IQA-11 will 1 shot head shot another specialist and I think 2 shots for all other classes except the heavy which I believe is 3. With the bolt speed attachment this weapon is easy to use as you don’t really need to lead shots.

  • EvazanJr
    5472 posts Member
    edited January 13


    Check this out

    Both shows the power of specialist through gameplay and that it may be tweaked in the next patch.
  • MasterY0da wrote: »
    Only use sniper for unlock trophy , 25 headshots and Im sick of sniper , it should be 1 shot kill

    Don’t mean to burst your shield bubble but a 1 shot kill with the Specialist class would make it pretty OP in this game. There were plenty people upset about how the pulse cannon in Battlefront 2015 would one shot anyone regardless of where they were hit. I can hit a target all day long. Head shots killing in a single shot is fine as it requires more skill, but the Specialist already has a weapon that can do this, the NT-242. IQA-11 will 1 shot head shot another specialist and I think 2 shots for all other classes except the heavy which I believe is 3. With the bolt speed attachment this weapon is easy to use as you don’t really need to lead shots.

    Um.... Yes maybe , I had played since game released , I can tell except the sniper there are many guns still seems 1 shot kill . I was killed by many guns not even 2 shots just like in die within a second . I don't mention shotgun coz shotgun should be 1 shot kill
  • The final sniper rifle is worth unlocking but it's hard to grind out that many kills
  • Specialists are a horrible class for the style of play this game pushes. They were cool in the old games, especially when they used to be able to call in orbital strikes with their droids.

    But this game requires you constantly throw yourself at the objective and snipers just encourage players using the class to sit miles away, contributing next to nothing.
  • I think specialists should not be played as a classic "snipers" but rather as an Infiltrators or Scouts/recon. That constantly flank, support team and try to outmanoeuvre the opposition.
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

    PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • I think specialists should not be played as a classic "snipers" but rather as an Infiltrators or Scouts/recon. That constantly flank, support team and try to outmanoeuvre the opposition.
    Yes this is an active game and specialist is no exception.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I think specialists should not be played as a classic "snipers" but rather as an Infiltrators or Scouts/recon. That constantly flank, support team and try to outmanoeuvre the opposition.
    Yes this is an active game and specialist is no exception.

    +1

    Adaptation is they key, use enviroment, weapons and skills
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

    PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • Maximium flank and ambushing - specialist.

    Absolutely useless to stay 1km away to snipe.

    Gotta be "agressive" :)
  • Wegetzu wrote: »
    Maximium flank and ambushing - specialist.

    Absolutely useless to stay 1km away to snipe.

    Gotta be "agressive" :)

    Tell that to my NT-242 lol. Ping, ping, ping!
  • Just because you are incapable of the sniper playstyle doesn't mean others can't dominate with it. You are bad at it, not everyone else.
  • It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

  • Hanzo
    1240 posts Member
    edited January 14
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't work in the balancing department.
  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    I will say this though, even though me and him disagree, I don’t hate him. I just refuse to give up on him. One day he’ll realize everything isn’t what it seems like to him. That we’ve been trying to help the whole time.
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • rocketpig
    622 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    In this vein of thought, every specialist should get Deadeye with a two second cooldown period.
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)
  • mrc_northeast
    110 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Specialist is the last class for me to try and unlock the last gun. What a grind, I got the bolt speed upgrade, now working the cooldown upgrade... Some maps are easier than others, but yeah, in my opinion, the specialist is weak in HP, also not fast enough health regen. IQA headshots should one shot all but heavy. NT 242 should be able to one shot heavy. How many times do you see a specialist on the podium for top 5? I don't remember the last time I did.

    Most of my kills with this class are with infiltration scramble and show location of enemies on the radar to my team, on Blast maps. I haven't tried the bubble gum shield and melee build yet, it looks like fun, I wonder how well it will work.

    Edit: 280cfe is the WORST gun in the game in my opinion. I would (and do) take the IQA, blurgg, cr2, and most of the other guns on any class way ahead of the 280cfe, it is festering, stinking rubbish at the moment.
  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)

    Um you’re missing the last part of my quote we’re im extremely polite to you regardless. So this actually proves what everyone has been saying about you.

    That you troll, you ignore what’s said, and choose to talk AT people and not with them. You’re simply refusing to accept reality and keep trying to push for nerfs and buffs for things that don’t need Nerfs and buffs. With that said, you have failed yourself.

    You waste your words and like hearing yourself talk. None of what you say is accepted by anyone with a brain. “Maul needs a Block, Remove Specialist Glint, Make me able to play Maul Like Vader because I can’t learn this”. What will you propose next, a Nerf on “Moving entirely when you’re being attacked by a Hero because moving targets are too difficult for you”!?

    Sorry sir, as long as you post this lunacy, I’ll keep replying to correct you. And for the record, if all I did was ramble and talk like you do, I’d be banned/suspended as much as you have. Thin ice dude, thin Ice.

    <———Never been suspended or banned for a Very Good Reason. I know how listen to & speak to others. I Do Not talk AT people.

    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • Specialist is the last class for me to try and unlock the last gun. What a grind, I got the bolt speed upgrade, now working the cooldown upgrade... Some maps are easier than others, but yeah, in my opinion, the specialist is weak in HP, also not fast enough health regen. IQA headshots should one shot all but heavy. NT 242 should be able to one shot heavy. How many times do you see a specialist on the podium for top 5? I don't remember the last time I did.

    Most of my kills with this class are with infiltration scramble and show location of enemies on the radar to my team, on Blast maps. I haven't tried the bubble gum shield and melee build yet, it looks like fun, I wonder how well it will work.

    If you have issues with the health regen you should use the survivalist card. At epic it reduces regen by 40%. If that’s still trouble I recommend using the shield and backing off when you take a big hit. The shield should last long enough for your regen to kick in. Or you can try one vs the other if you don’t want to take up two slots.
  • Specialist is the last class for me to try and unlock the last gun. What a grind, I got the bolt speed upgrade, now working the cooldown upgrade... Some maps are easier than others, but yeah, in my opinion, the specialist is weak in HP, also not fast enough health regen. IQA headshots should one shot all but heavy. NT 242 should be able to one shot heavy. How many times do you see a specialist on the podium for top 5? I don't remember the last time I did.

    Most of my kills with this class are with infiltration scramble and show location of enemies on the radar to my team, on Blast maps. I haven't tried the bubble gum shield and melee build yet, it looks like fun, I wonder how well it will work.

    If you have issues with the health regen you should use the survivalist card. At epic it reduces regen by 40%. If that’s still trouble I recommend using the shield and backing off when you take a big hit. The shield should last long enough for your regen to kick in. Or you can try one vs the other if you don’t want to take up two slots.

    Such a great card. I use it in my officer to mess with people 1 v 1 :smiley:
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • Yerrrp.
  • Specialist is the last class for me to try and unlock the last gun. What a grind, I got the bolt speed upgrade, now working the cooldown upgrade... Some maps are easier than others, but yeah, in my opinion, the specialist is weak in HP, also not fast enough health regen. IQA headshots should one shot all but heavy. NT 242 should be able to one shot heavy. How many times do you see a specialist on the podium for top 5? I don't remember the last time I did.

    Most of my kills with this class are with infiltration scramble and show location of enemies on the radar to my team, on Blast maps. I haven't tried the bubble gum shield and melee build yet, it looks like fun, I wonder how well it will work.

    If you have issues with the health regen you should use the survivalist card. At epic it reduces regen by 40%. If that’s still trouble I recommend using the shield and backing off when you take a big hit. The shield should last long enough for your regen to kick in. Or you can try one vs the other if you don’t want to take up two slots.

    Such a great card. I use it in my officer to mess with people 1 v 1 :smiley:

    Lol I didn’t even think about doing that. I only really even payed attention to it for specialist since the health is only 100.
  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Specialist is the last class for me to try and unlock the last gun. What a grind, I got the bolt speed upgrade, now working the cooldown upgrade... Some maps are easier than others, but yeah, in my opinion, the specialist is weak in HP, also not fast enough health regen. IQA headshots should one shot all but heavy. NT 242 should be able to one shot heavy. How many times do you see a specialist on the podium for top 5? I don't remember the last time I did.

    Most of my kills with this class are with infiltration scramble and show location of enemies on the radar to my team, on Blast maps. I haven't tried the bubble gum shield and melee build yet, it looks like fun, I wonder how well it will work.

    If you have issues with the health regen you should use the survivalist card. At epic it reduces regen by 40%. If that’s still trouble I recommend using the shield and backing off when you take a big hit. The shield should last long enough for your regen to kick in. Or you can try one vs the other if you don’t want to take up two slots.

    Such a great card. I use it in my officer to mess with people 1 v 1 :smiley:

    Lol I didn’t even think about doing that. I only really even payed attention to it for specialist since the health is only 100.

    Here it is, it’s Perfection dude.



    It’s one of the most random things I ever saw. But once I heard about the meme I had to look up where it came from. Best birth of a meme ever lol. “Do u know de way” lol
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)

    Um you’re missing the last part of my quote we’re im extremely polite to you regardless. So this actually proves what everyone has been saying about you.

    That you troll, you ignore what’s said, and choose to talk AT people and not with them. You’re simply refusing to accept reality and keep trying to push for nerfs and buffs for things that don’t need Nerfs and buffs. With that said, you have failed yourself.

    You waste your words and like hearing yourself talk. None of what you say is accepted by anyone with a brain. “Maul needs a Block, Remove Specialist Glint, Make me able to play Maul Like Vader because I can’t learn this”. What will you propose next, a Nerf on “Moving entirely when you’re being attacked by a Hero because moving targets are too difficult for you”!?

    Sorry sir, as long as you post this lunacy, I’ll keep replying to correct you. And for the record, if all I did was ramble and talk like you do, I’d be banned/suspended as much as you have. Thin ice dude, thin Ice.

    <———Never been suspended or banned for a Very Good Reason. I know how listen to & speak to others. I Do Not talk AT people.

    lol, you just don't get it, and retroactively changing your quote after I've replied just for brownie points speaks for itself. You don't make reality pal, no matter how hard you try. Thinly veiled beta passive aggressiveness will get a response from me, less so to you specifically, just because I don't like repeating myself or talking in circles at nonsense. I've yet to be banned.

    I'll continue lobbying for a better more balanced game, no matter how often you stand in the way of that, or a rational discusssion. Unfortunately for you, progress has been made and the dev's themselves have opted to balance in my way of thinking. Sentry and Wookiee now, and much more in the future. You've failed.

    Back to the discussion at hand,

    Bottom line: specialist needs a rework, its way too ineffective to play compared to Virtually every other class. Just isn't as lethal, I hardly die from them, maybe once in a blue moon. This isn't coming out of a vacuum. It's not balanced, you only have basically 2 useable rifles.

  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)

    Um you’re missing the last part of my quote we’re im extremely polite to you regardless. So this actually proves what everyone has been saying about you.

    That you troll, you ignore what’s said, and choose to talk AT people and not with them. You’re simply refusing to accept reality and keep trying to push for nerfs and buffs for things that don’t need Nerfs and buffs. With that said, you have failed yourself.

    You waste your words and like hearing yourself talk. None of what you say is accepted by anyone with a brain. “Maul needs a Block, Remove Specialist Glint, Make me able to play Maul Like Vader because I can’t learn this”. What will you propose next, a Nerf on “Moving entirely when you’re being attacked by a Hero because moving targets are too difficult for you”!?

    Sorry sir, as long as you post this lunacy, I’ll keep replying to correct you. And for the record, if all I did was ramble and talk like you do, I’d be banned/suspended as much as you have. Thin ice dude, thin Ice.

    <———Never been suspended or banned for a Very Good Reason. I know how listen to & speak to others. I Do Not talk AT people.

    lol, you just don't get it, and retroactively changing your quote after I've replied just for brownie points speaks for itself. You don't make reality pal, no matter how hard you try. Thinly veiled beta passive aggressiveness will get a response from me, less so to you specifically, just because I don't like repeating myself or talking in circles at nonsense. I've yet to be banned.

    I'll continue lobbying for a better more balanced game, no matter how often you stand in the way of that, or a rational discusssion. Unfortunately for you, progress has been made and the dev's themselves have opted to balance in my way of thinking. Sentry and Wookiee now, and much more in the future. You've failed.

    Back to the discussion at hand,

    Bottom line: specialist needs a rework, its way too ineffective to play compared to Virtually every other class. Just isn't as lethal, I hardly die from them, maybe once in a blue moon. This isn't coming out of a vacuum. It's not balanced, you only have basically 2 useable rifles.

    You can see when it was edited..... which was before you even replied. You’re entire argument is a lie. All you say is invalid. This conversation is over because with absolute evidence to contradict all you say, you insist of keeping up the fallacy that is your “word” versus my Evidence. I can keep going, but I’ll simply keep correcting every incorrect thing you say.

    “Bottom Line”, no one takes what you say seriously, neither do the devs. Anyone here can take 5 minutes to look at your account post history and read how ALL you have spoken on for “Nerfs and Buffs” would break the balance of the game. All you demand for to be changed isn’t needed. You’re not constructive, you’re selfish. You want all the changes YOU want so the game is Easier for YOU, not the community as a whole.

    I get that being the way you are is some sick form of enjoyment for you. With that said, I take Pride In correcting you. Still got hope there’s a person behind your monitor.
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • Yeah, they're pretty much free kills when ever I run into them. Hardened infiltration and buble melee combo works, though is definitely cheesy.
    Dead or Alive, I get paid either way......
  • You can see when it was edited..... which was before you even replied. You’re entire argument is a lie.
    After I quoted and before I reply are two different things my friend your very premise is the lie.
    All you say is invalid. This conversation is over because with absolute evidence to contradict all you say, you insist of keeping up the fallacy that is your “word” versus my Evidence.
    Yeah, you tell me grand wizar, er arbiter of, um the all knower... eh, who are you exactly? I guess it doesn't matter because I could care less. You have no "evidence" it's all hyperbole with almost all having no basis of reality in terms of star wars lore. You give emotive responses with little tangible background or supporting points flaked here and there with beta level passive aggressiveness that frankly is laughable.
    I can keep going, but I’ll simply keep correcting every incorrect thing you say.
    Please, keep correcting suppositions, suggestions, and balance proposals that by default can't be "corrected", nor are they meant to, but i'm sure you'll keep inventing new ways too.
    “Bottom Line”, no one takes what you say seriously, neither do the devs. Anyone here can take 5 minutes to look at your account post history and read how ALL you have spoken on for “Nerfs and Buffs” would break the balance of the game. All you demand for to be changed isn’t needed. You’re not constructive, you’re selfish. You want all the changes YOU want so the game is Easier for YOU, not the community as a whole.
    Pathetic. Truly. What I've been lobbying for isn't coming out a vacuum other people too share my sentiments. You assert that it would break "balance" and that you know this because you simply will it. That's not how it works. Sorry to burst your bubble. By default my buff suggestions aren't selfish as they'd be available to everyone, but I think that very concept is above you. This game will be balanced. With or without your help. Your frantic screams and caps lock will do little to stop it.
    I get that being the way you are is some sick form of enjoyment for you.
    I'm glad this is getting to you, the more you comment the more you force this to out into the open to the Dev's attention. this isn't a zero sum game. Your antics defy you, as they did with the sentry and wookie nerfs. You've failed.
    With that said, I take Pride In correcting you. Still got hope there’s a person behind your monitor.
    Be my shadow if you wish, I care little what you do with your idle free time. Enjoy speaking in your echo chamber, I'll walk in every so often to check in on ya. Goodbye.


  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Yeah, they're pretty much free kills when ever I run into them. Hardened infiltration and buble melee combo works, though is definitely cheesy.


    Hey, at the end of the day, all I play is officer so if anything it just makes my experience better. If people like the class the way it is, all the more power to them. I won't gimp myself though until they fix its very glaring short comings.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Yeah, they're pretty much free kills when ever I run into them. Hardened infiltration and buble melee combo works, though is definitely cheesy.

    Hey, at the end of the day, all I play is officer so if anything it just makes my experience better. If people like the class the way it is, all the more power to them. I won't gimp myself though until they fix its very glaring short comings.
    I think Dev's just had ptsd from all the complaints about the ee4 in the last game. I think it was just overused is all. Maybe make it infinite like the stinger pistol and just tie the radar to the cd? I'm actually thinking just a flat buff. From close-medium range if all bullets land it one shots. Now obviously this means often a 2 shot as this by itself is hard to pull off. Perhaps increase its rate of fire. maybe reduce the delay before you can swap to it. Sense glare cone needs to come down a tad. Thats what I would change
    Dead or Alive, I get paid either way......
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)

    Um you’re missing the last part of my quote we’re im extremely polite to you regardless. So this actually proves what everyone has been saying about you.

    That you troll, you ignore what’s said, and choose to talk AT people and not with them. You’re simply refusing to accept reality and keep trying to push for nerfs and buffs for things that don’t need Nerfs and buffs. With that said, you have failed yourself.

    You waste your words and like hearing yourself talk. None of what you say is accepted by anyone with a brain. “Maul needs a Block, Remove Specialist Glint, Make me able to play Maul Like Vader because I can’t learn this”. What will you propose next, a Nerf on “Moving entirely when you’re being attacked by a Hero because moving targets are too difficult for you”!?

    Sorry sir, as long as you post this lunacy, I’ll keep replying to correct you. And for the record, if all I did was ramble and talk like you do, I’d be banned/suspended as much as you have. Thin ice dude, thin Ice.

    <———Never been suspended or banned for a Very Good Reason. I know how listen to & speak to others. I Do Not talk AT people.

    You weren't polite at all. Even the unquoted part comes off as rude because everything you type comes off as arrogant.

    You always talk DOWN to people. You like to paint yourself as the saint of battlefront. Always so condescending.

  • The specialist could really use some love. My view it's somewhere in between where they were in beta and now for CQC . . . and greater potency (or utility, like the map reveal card) from greater range.

    As many have, I've gone through the grind for all weapons and attachments, and buffed the requisite cards. Ultimately, what I've found is that two of the four classes are just as lethal at range and bring something more useful to the party. I refer specifically to the officer with the S5, or blurgg if you can aim unscoped.. and assault with the EL-16HFE.
  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 14
    milkAcat wrote: »
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)

    Um you’re missing the last part of my quote we’re im extremely polite to you regardless. So this actually proves what everyone has been saying about you.

    That you troll, you ignore what’s said, and choose to talk AT people and not with them. You’re simply refusing to accept reality and keep trying to push for nerfs and buffs for things that don’t need Nerfs and buffs. With that said, you have failed yourself.

    You waste your words and like hearing yourself talk. None of what you say is accepted by anyone with a brain. “Maul needs a Block, Remove Specialist Glint, Make me able to play Maul Like Vader because I can’t learn this”. What will you propose next, a Nerf on “Moving entirely when you’re being attacked by a Hero because moving targets are too difficult for you”!?

    Sorry sir, as long as you post this lunacy, I’ll keep replying to correct you. And for the record, if all I did was ramble and talk like you do, I’d be banned/suspended as much as you have. Thin ice dude, thin Ice.

    <———Never been suspended or banned for a Very Good Reason. I know how listen to & speak to others. I Do Not talk AT people.

    You weren't polite at all. Even the unquoted part comes off as rude because everything you type comes off as arrogant.

    You always talk DOWN to people. You like to paint yourself as the saint of battlefront. Always so condescending.

    I’m sorry that Just the two of you feel that way. I honestly do not care as to what Either of you have to say whatsoever. I will continue to Accurately debate against any nonsense I see here with proper etiquette. If you don’t like being debated and being corrected with factual information, don’t post.

    You can continue the discussion, I advise you NOT to focus on members as they will defend themselves. I would advise you as well to not react emotionally when disagreed with. And finally, the final advice to give you would be to read first, respond after.
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • DarthJ
    3232 posts Member
    Ignoring all the spats, its the toughest class to pick up but feels the most rewarding for me when I do well with it. Wait til you unlock the NT242, it one shots specialists with a hit anywhere. Amazing for counter sniping.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Ignoring all the spats, its the toughest class to pick up but feels the most rewarding for me when I do well with it. Wait til you unlock the NT242, it one shots specialists with a hit anywhere. Amazing for counter sniping.

    +1. You’re right because it’s the truth.
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • proper edicate.

    It's "etiquette", mate. Wouldn't normally bother with correcting grammar, but you seem to use that word a lot. ^^
  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Grey_B wrote: »
    proper edicate.

    It's "etiquette", mate. Wouldn't normally bother with correcting grammar, but you seem to use that word a lot. ^^

    Thank you! Almost missed that! One sec, fixing. Much appreciated. iPhone is the Worst!
    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Ignoring all the spats, its the toughest class to pick up but feels the most rewarding for me when I do well with it. Wait til you unlock the NT242, it one shots specialists with a hit anywhere. Amazing for counter sniping.

    Theres a reason why its tougher to pick up, your experience doesn't come out of a vacuum.
  • The only thing I'd like to see improved on the Specialist is the A280-CFE.
    Preferably have the scoped recoil lowered considerably, because as it is you get outgunned by pretty much every single weapon at medium range, and at long range it doesn't do enough dmg to finish off most targets in 2 shots with the burst mod (so they can easily get out of sight or return fire or just generally prevent you from finishing them off).
    It can't compete at close range either, but that's fair enough. If it was intended to be a close to medium weapon, it needs an upgrade of some sort too. Extremely low spread, maybe.
  • milkAcat wrote: »
    Hanzo wrote: »
    It's a free kill every time, anyone defending/maining this probably has a negative or low kd. The specialist needs slightly higher HP, and a reverse on the massive ee4 nerf, its better to melee than actually shoot with it.

    Any sniper headshot should one-shot, just add in a higher multiplier. Remove the flashlight on the end of the scope.

    Raise HP, make all blasters OHK headshots and remove scope glint? Geez, I am glad you don't working in the balancing department.

    Oh trust me, I’ve been at war with this guy for 3 weeks. He’s the same guy that wants Darth Maul to have a Block “because he should be played like Vader so it can be easier for HIM to play with”. He honestly thinks Maul is bad, and not the Mobile Assassin that he Actually is. Good luck debating him lol.

    Completely fake quote, but then again I'd expect nothing less from you and your ramblings. The Devs are already moving in to address my concerns. I'm content.

    Sorry, specialist is in a bad spot now, at least two of its weapons need some buffs, as well as the ee4, I've died more to the stinger pistol in all these hours than it. This class is for the kids that like to get one-shotted, and by all means, continue to defend it. More free kills for me :)

    Um you’re missing the last part of my quote we’re im extremely polite to you regardless. So this actually proves what everyone has been saying about you.

    That you troll, you ignore what’s said, and choose to talk AT people and not with them. You’re simply refusing to accept reality and keep trying to push for nerfs and buffs for things that don’t need Nerfs and buffs. With that said, you have failed yourself.

    You waste your words and like hearing yourself talk. None of what you say is accepted by anyone with a brain. “Maul needs a Block, Remove Specialist Glint, Make me able to play Maul Like Vader because I can’t learn this”. What will you propose next, a Nerf on “Moving entirely when you’re being attacked by a Hero because moving targets are too difficult for you”!?

    Sorry sir, as long as you post this lunacy, I’ll keep replying to correct you. And for the record, if all I did was ramble and talk like you do, I’d be banned/suspended as much as you have. Thin ice dude, thin Ice.

    <———Never been suspended or banned for a Very Good Reason. I know how listen to & speak to others. I Do Not talk AT people.

    You weren't polite at all. Even the unquoted part comes off as rude because everything you type comes off as arrogant.

    You always talk DOWN to people. You like to paint yourself as the saint of battlefront. Always so condescending.
    He's nothing, don't even bother trying to hold a rational argument with him, though I suppose you've already learned that.

    Instead, to further flesh out specialist, the main problem is definitely his ability to return fire in cqb, with any other class you have CDs that give you a 50/50 shot in a medium range fire fight. With this class you just go down in seconds. At range you just open yourself to being counter sniped, quite/too easily so, if you scan for targets. I feel there is no middle ground. This class really doesn't excel at one thing that the other classes can't do as well, if not better. That in a nutshell is my biggest gripe.
  • Specialist just has all around weird abilities distribution

    I'm not a good sniper at all in general so i tend to use the A280 and just play the medium range game

    Specialists shine on maps like Crait and Kashyyk
  • It does have weird abilities but I've come to like the shock grenade and the repulsor cannon. only other two cards i use is stealth and survivalist. like another member wrote,, i wish i could get points for throwing the binoculars,,, no wait, they should explode on impact and get a kill
  • Hey Specialist is the first class I fully unlocked all blasters and epic star-carded. I've built my success on BF2 with the specialist from the beginning. Like Obi Wan once said, "Patience..."
  • So I decided to play the Specialist today. Not only was I getting my butt handed to me. But hitting someone in the head 3 times and they don't die is a serious flaw. No idea what you developers were thinking. You made this game into a huge grind. You need to upgrade the damage a specialists weapon does. It is supposed to be a sniper rifle. Really can't snipe if you have to empty your clip into someone. I keep finding issues with this game and that is not a good sign on your part.

    awww do you think they are garbage

    here is a tissue for all your issues
    they hate us cause they aint us
  • Dash_Gaming
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 15
    EightMile wrote: »
    So I decided to play the Specialist today. Not only was I getting my butt handed to me. But hitting someone in the head 3 times and they don't die is a serious flaw. No idea what you developers were thinking. You made this game into a huge grind. You need to upgrade the damage a specialists weapon does. It is supposed to be a sniper rifle. Really can't snipe if you have to empty your clip into someone. I keep finding issues with this game and that is not a good sign on your part.

    awww do you think they are garbage

    here is a tissue for all your issues

    +1

    Apparently when someone plays something really good/uses something well, it’s “OP”, and when someone can’t do what they do, it’s not their fault, it’s because the “class sucks”. :neutral:

    Origin ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Xbox Gtag: "DashYTGaming"

    Steam ID: "NWG_DashYTGaming"

    Mixer Stream Address: https://mixer.com/DashYTGaming

  • Kernel_Cinders
    30 posts Member
    edited January 15
    The Specialist is a very fun class to play for me and I just finished unlocking the last mod for it. One more Officer weapon and they'll all be done. Haven't played GA a lot just mostly Blast for the quickest kills to get my mods.

    The NT-242, for me, is by far the best weapon to use for the way I play. I'm not great at it, but I have my moments of greatness now and then. Four headshots in six seconds is my "record" at the moment, although the opposing team hunted me for the rest of the match . . . and they hurt me! =p

    Also I don't use the scope to find targets, and only scope when I'm going to fire. Still working on no-scope headshots but it's hard. I just have to keep practicing at it.


    KC
  • Specialist is by far my best class. Level 55, mostly Stealth, Brawler, Shield. Snipe in between shield/pistol cooldowns. There are a few things I would like to see buffed.

    A280CFE being the main thing. It needs a couple extra shots before it goes on cooldown, with burst. It needs a higher fire rate. Either that or it needs to be replaced. Compared to the NT, IQA, both are superior even in close quarters.
    Also, does anyone else actually think this is a "sniper" that needs the scope glare?

    Shock Grenade being the second thing. This grenade is hands down the most garbage thing the class has to offer. Not only can you roll out of its area, even with the upgraded card, but its damage is laughable.

    The repulsor cannon is wicked fun. IF you run across someone being silly enough to not notice a specialist with no shield up and you manage to get close enough to kiss him. I understand why they didn't want it to be too useful. But currently, it is a joke.

    Stinger pistol was hands down a great counter to heroes. Then you nerfed the damage to it against heroes. Now everyone laughs at it.

    Binoculars, oh how do I love to hate thee. So ya you get to mark a target, if you put yourself in the open and they do the same. Now you give me no shield in this build, no cover protection to scout from, and then I get to let my team know where the enemy is. Or I can take personal shield.

    Trip Mine, well lets face it. Everyone can see the trip laser. Everyone can shoot the mine. The only thing that is missing is a big sign above it that says, "Shoot me and laugh at the specialist who actually used me"

    Specialist pistol. Ok so obviously this is a pretty great ability. Until you realize that all 3 "upgrade" cards actually have a lower duration of use than just the basic pistol!! From a radar standpoint, if you use an upgrade card, you actually give up somewhere like 10 or 15 (anyone timed it?) seconds of radar awareness. This is by far the most bass ackwards decision I have witnessed in this game.

    Now, I know it may seem like I have complained a lot, but in truth, I love the specialist.
    I do play the objective. I run around like a monster in some games. However, my complaint with the specialist is that, you are basically a cookie cutter build. Stealth, Random Card, Shield. NT when you actually get to that point. I want more viable options for the class.
  • i think the glare from the scope should be dependant on the direction of the sun and no where near as bright as it is. Its like a spotlight at night shining lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!