criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Officer flash grenade

I think this card needs a slight tweak as it is currently very powerful.

The grenade has three effects:
•Blinding effect
•Damage
•Slowed movement speed

The grenade also has a very wide area of effect due splitting into three parts.

The issue is that recieving all three effects together makes you a sitting duck. You can't strafe or run away because your slowed to a crawl and unlike the specialist shock grenade, you can't escape the effects. You can't fight back either because the blinding puts a white block over your screen so you can't see anything.

The best way to balance this gadget would be remove the movement slowing effect. Currently the flash grenade does the job the specialist shock grenade but more effectively and with an added blinding effect.

Replies

  • Officer class is To good.
    I like my blue milk cold.
  • Officer class is To good.

    I wouldn't say that but some of the abilities and weapons need a bit of tweaking but this goes for most things in the game.
  • Officer class is To good.

    I wouldn't say that but some of the abilities and weapons need a bit of tweaking but this goes for most things in the game.

    You can use the class and get top 3 every round.

    Sucks that I wasted all my crafting parts on heavy.
    I like my blue milk cold.
  • Officer class is To good.

    I wouldn't say that but some of the abilities and weapons need a bit of tweaking but this goes for most things in the game.

    You can use the class and get top 3 every round.

    Sucks that I wasted all my crafting parts on heavy.

    You can get top three every round with any class if played correctly.
  • Well, not with the specialist, that class is trash.
    I like my blue milk cold.
  • Well, not with the specialist, that class is trash.

    Not true, just more situational than the others. Sniping is often more difficult in FPS as it takes more skill and accuracy.
  • I think this card needs a slight tweak as it is currently very powerful.

    The grenade has three effects:
    •Blinding effect
    •Damage
    •Slowed movement speed

    The grenade also has a very wide area of effect due splitting into three parts.

    The issue is that recieving all three effects together makes you a sitting duck. You can't strafe or run away because your slowed to a crawl and unlike the specialist shock grenade, you can't escape the effects. You can't fight back either because the blinding puts a white block over your screen so you can't see anything.

    The best way to balance this gadget would be remove the movement slowing effect. Currently the flash grenade does the job the specialist shock grenade but more effectively and with an added blinding effect.

    Absolutely not. You're complaining that your affected by 3 debuffs, yet if you managed to get yourself hit with an Assault or Heavy grenade you'd be dead. The Officer grenade is the 2nd weakest grenade and can easily be avoided. The second you see it lobbed you shouldn't be anywhere near it as it could be an Assault or Heavy grenade. If you saw an officer throw a grenade, do a quick 180, let it explode, then surprise that officer with a few blasts in the face when he tries to rush in and kill you.
  • Well, not with the specialist, that class is trash.

    The specialist on certain close range maps can run around murdering people with shield + melee.
  • I think this card needs a slight tweak as it is currently very powerful.

    The grenade has three effects:
    •Blinding effect
    •Damage
    •Slowed movement speed

    The grenade also has a very wide area of effect due splitting into three parts.

    The issue is that recieving all three effects together makes you a sitting duck. You can't strafe or run away because your slowed to a crawl and unlike the specialist shock grenade, you can't escape the effects. You can't fight back either because the blinding puts a white block over your screen so you can't see anything.

    The best way to balance this gadget would be remove the movement slowing effect. Currently the flash grenade does the job the specialist shock grenade but more effectively and with an added blinding effect.

    Absolutely not. You're complaining that your affected by 3 debuffs, yet if you managed to get yourself hit with an Assault or Heavy grenade you'd be dead. The Officer grenade is the 2nd weakest grenade and can easily be avoided. The second you see it lobbed you shouldn't be anywhere near it as it could be an Assault or Heavy grenade. If you saw an officer throw a grenade, do a quick 180, let it explode, then surprise that officer with a few blasts in the face when he tries to rush in and kill you.

    It is not easy to avoid as it has very large area of effect and can be triggered to detonate before impact, giving you no chance to run away.

    Turning to face away from the grenade has no
    effect.

    The grenade does the same job as the specialist grenade but more effectively as you can't escape the slowing effect. It also deals higher damage and blinds you.
  • I think this card needs a slight tweak as it is currently very powerful.

    The grenade has three effects:
    •Blinding effect
    •Damage
    •Slowed movement speed

    The grenade also has a very wide area of effect due splitting into three parts.

    The issue is that recieving all three effects together makes you a sitting duck. You can't strafe or run away because your slowed to a crawl and unlike the specialist shock grenade, you can't escape the effects. You can't fight back either because the blinding puts a white block over your screen so you can't see anything.

    The best way to balance this gadget would be remove the movement slowing effect. Currently the flash grenade does the job the specialist shock grenade but more effectively and with an added blinding effect.

    Absolutely not. You're complaining that your affected by 3 debuffs, yet if you managed to get yourself hit with an Assault or Heavy grenade you'd be dead. The Officer grenade is the 2nd weakest grenade and can easily be avoided. The second you see it lobbed you shouldn't be anywhere near it as it could be an Assault or Heavy grenade. If you saw an officer throw a grenade, do a quick 180, let it explode, then surprise that officer with a few blasts in the face when he tries to rush in and kill you.

    It is not easy to avoid as it has very large area of effect and can be triggered to detonate before impact, giving you no chance to run away.

    Turning to face away from the grenade has no
    effect.

    The grenade does the same job as the specialist grenade but more effectively as you can't escape the slowing effect. It also deals higher damage and blinds you.

    The difference is that you're still alive, if you get hit by a heavies grenade you're dead. Don't move fast enough from a Assaults grenade your dead. The Officer grenade is annoying, that's the point, but it doesn't necessarily mean your dead if you get hit by it. Just start dodge rolling the opposite direction, it will buy you some time.
  • Foty
    3 posts Member
    If you turn and roll, you wont get blinded. It puts you far enough away or not facing it directly. But also as stated earlier, the assault and heavy grenades are much stronger.
  • Why not just avoid running on top of a flash grenade where is ability is at it's peak? lol

    Also I'm pretty sure you can still roll away/shoot back when flashed. (not 100% guarantee survival but better than doing nothing)
    bb58a33c3w9t.jpg

    Platform: Xbox 1

    Discord: https://discord.gg/tHYfUTW
  • Officer grenade also reveals enemies! So it has 4 effects!

    Give Officer’s Leia’s current grenade and give Leia Officer’s current grenade except make them both detonate on impact! Also, reduce blinding duration of the new Leia grenade in order to prevent her from becoming more OP in HvV than Iden.
  • Officer grenade also reveals enemies! So it has 4 effects!

    Give Officer’s Leia’s current grenade and give Leia Officer’s current grenade except make them both detonate on impact! Also, reduce blinding duration of the new Leia grenade in order to prevent her from becoming more OP in HvV than Iden.

    yeah well you're not going to be able to make it around the corner half the time you see where your enemy is because firstly the effects would have worn off enough by then, secondly the person normally goes back to team mates... So the effects really don't affect you unless you're a dummy who sits out in the open waiting to be flashed.
    bb58a33c3w9t.jpg

    Platform: Xbox 1

    Discord: https://discord.gg/tHYfUTW
  • killua
    164 posts Member
    Agsrules wrote: »
    Officer grenade also reveals enemies! So it has 4 effects!

    Give Officer’s Leia’s current grenade and give Leia Officer’s current grenade except make them both detonate on impact! Also, reduce blinding duration of the new Leia grenade in order to prevent her from becoming more OP in HvV than Iden.

    yeah well you're not going to be able to make it around the corner half the time you see where your enemy is because firstly the effects would have worn off enough by then, secondly the person normally goes back to team mates... So the effects really don't affect you unless you're a dummy who sits out in the open waiting to be flashed.

    the effects last strongly for about 4 seconds before it wears off so yes its too strong and no the effects won't have worn off by then.

    person tries* to go back to team mates because your movement is reduced and you can only combat roll effectively. Considering that has a cool off its difficult to get anywhere far enough.

    nobody is a 'dummy' who just sits in the open waiting to be flashed. You can be flashed anywhere. In the open, behind cover or whatever.

    so yeah, the effects will effect you whether you're a dummy or not. Just switch the flashes between officer and Leia and it'll be fine
  • I think this card needs a slight tweak as it is currently very powerful.

    The grenade has three effects:
    •Blinding effect
    •Damage
    •Slowed movement speed

    The grenade also has a very wide area of effect due splitting into three parts.

    The issue is that recieving all three effects together makes you a sitting duck. You can't strafe or run away because your slowed to a crawl and unlike the specialist shock grenade, you can't escape the effects. You can't fight back either because the blinding puts a white block over your screen so you can't see anything.

    The best way to balance this gadget would be remove the movement slowing effect. Currently the flash grenade does the job the specialist shock grenade but more effectively and with an added blinding effect.

    Absolutely not. You're complaining that your affected by 3 debuffs, yet if you managed to get yourself hit with an Assault or Heavy grenade you'd be dead. The Officer grenade is the 2nd weakest grenade and can easily be avoided. The second you see it lobbed you shouldn't be anywhere near it as it could be an Assault or Heavy grenade. If you saw an officer throw a grenade, do a quick 180, let it explode, then surprise that officer with a few blasts in the face when he tries to rush in and kill you.

    It is not easy to avoid as it has very large area of effect and can be triggered to detonate before impact, giving you no chance to run away.

    Turning to face away from the grenade has no
    effect.

    The grenade does the same job as the specialist grenade but more effectively as you can't escape the slowing effect. It also deals higher damage and blinds you.

    The difference is that you're still alive, if you get hit by a heavies grenade you're dead. Don't move fast enough from a Assaults grenade your dead. The Officer grenade is annoying, that's the point, but it doesn't necessarily mean your dead if you get hit by it. Just start dodge rolling the opposite direction, it will buy you some time.

    It makes the specialist grenade worthless. It is far harder to evade than the assault grenade as it can be detonated before it hits you and has a wider aoe.
    Agsrules wrote: »
    Why not just avoid running on top of a flash grenade where is ability is at it's peak? lol

    Also I'm pretty sure you can still roll away/shoot back when flashed. (not 100% guarantee survival but better than doing nothing)

    Yes. Because I purposely run into grenades and then stand still.
  • Foty wrote: »
    If you turn and roll, you wont get blinded. It puts you far enough away or not facing it directly. But also as stated earlier, the assault and heavy grenades are much stronger.

    Not true. You still receive the full effects when not facing the grenade.

    This thread is necroed, where did I say the other grenades were more powerful, I disagree with that statement.
  • vonVile
    90 posts Member
    edited August 10
    If you pick the option to split the grenade it should deal no damage, so you have to pick between a wider spread or dealing damage.
  • killua wrote: »
    the effects last strongly for about 4 seconds before it wears off so yes its too strong and no the effects won't have worn off by then.

    person tries* to go back to team mates because your movement is reduced and you can only combat roll effectively. Considering that has a cool off its difficult to get anywhere far enough.

    nobody is a 'dummy' who just sits in the open waiting to be flashed. You can be flashed anywhere. In the open, behind cover or whatever.

    so yeah, the effects will effect you whether you're a dummy or not. Just switch the flashes between officer and Leia and it'll be fine

    Most the time you're dead anyways if you sit in the open regardless of whether you're stunned or not, but rarely do I see some officer stunning someone running around the corner, killing the person they stunned and then making it back to cover alive (when the person is with their team). If you are dying to an officer stunning you and then running up to you and killing you, stop running off from your team and think you can run solo...

    I get that the officer is probably the most powerful class, but you can't have 100% balance, something is always going to upset someone, so while officers are what you consider to be overpowered why don't you just run as officer for the time being?
    bb58a33c3w9t.jpg

    Platform: Xbox 1

    Discord: https://discord.gg/tHYfUTW
  • Why cave in to playing something that's broken? All that does is make something broken acceptable.
  • killua
    164 posts Member
    Agsrules wrote: »
    killua wrote: »
    the effects last strongly for about 4 seconds before it wears off so yes its too strong and no the effects won't have worn off by then.

    person tries* to go back to team mates because your movement is reduced and you can only combat roll effectively. Considering that has a cool off its difficult to get anywhere far enough.

    nobody is a 'dummy' who just sits in the open waiting to be flashed. You can be flashed anywhere. In the open, behind cover or whatever.

    so yeah, the effects will effect you whether you're a dummy or not. Just switch the flashes between officer and Leia and it'll be fine

    Most the time you're dead anyways if you sit in the open regardless of whether you're stunned or not, but rarely do I see some officer stunning someone running around the corner, killing the person they stunned and then making it back to cover alive (when the person is with their team). If you are dying to an officer stunning you and then running up to you and killing you, stop running off from your team and think you can run solo...

    I get that the officer is probably the most powerful class, but you can't have 100% balance, something is always going to upset someone, so while officers are what you consider to be overpowered why don't you just run as officer for the time being?

    This is false. It's very easy to throw a grenade, flash about 4 people at once, pop around the corner and kill a couple because of how long the effects last. None of this is because 'you're in the open' it happens whether you're behind cover or not.

    I'm an officer main because i only ever rush in games and officers are the best class to do so. I understand you can't have 100% balance and that all shooters have a 'meta' but the difference between them and battlefront is they often change their meta. Battlefront has not changed in 9 months of release (cooling bug was a bug and not an attempt to change the meta) rebalance the officer class to make assault the best for a bit then cycle through the classes. To do so, rework their se-44c and their flash grenade. It is op and the 2nd best grenade in game (just behind the thermal imploder)
Sign In or Register to comment.