criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Vintage Collection in 2018 (and mainstream superatriculated figures)

Is anyone else here a major collector of Star Wars action figures? Hasbro announced a while back that in spring 2018 (I think wave 1 has been confirmed for April now) that super articulated 3.75 figures would be coming back as a main line (but exclusive to Walmart, the worst possible choice). The packaging will be the same as the vintage collection that ended about 5 years ago, and the numbering is even going to continue. I've always loved super articulated figures (started collecting in 2009 with TCW and still do), but it wasn't until the last week or two that I really started to realize how much I missed those days of finding articulated figures everywhere, and I've gotten more hyped up. Most of the figures in the first two waves will be repacks of hard to find figures from the walmart black series line, but that's ok at first, and to help people find them. Hopefully they also repack master Luke, praetorian, and the executioner. Once they're back up and running there should be more new figures, but we are getting snoke, aphra, and the hoth Trooper. Well also be getting new vehicle sets, like the RO assault tank and the driver! So, anyone else excited? What figures do you expect to see? What repacks do just want, and what new figures? sjkeazokwmhj.jpg
j82hh4efykxq.jpg
Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Replies

• I also collect these figures. I would like to see some PT figures in this packaging along with some OT figures. I’m really glad they are bringing these back but my wallet isn’t lol.

Did you collect any of the 40th anniversary figures with the vintage packaging?
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I also collect these figures. I would like to see some PT figures in this packaging along with some OT figures. I’m really glad they are bringing these back but my wallet isn’t lol.

Did you collect any of the 40th anniversary figures with the vintage packaging?

I too love the clone wars and hope to see a fair mix in waves to come. (Arc Trooper fives and visla's second armor set come to mind off the top of my head). Yes I tried to get the 40th figures, but only ended up finding about half of them - Luke, Leia, Han, the jawa, the Death Star Trooper, and I got the Vader when it came out in the main black series. The other figures I already had gotten, except R2 :(
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I loved then 40th anniversary figures! I managed to get most of them except a few in wave 2. The elusive R5-D4 GameStop exclusive is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Battledroids would also look great in some vintage packaging.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I loved then 40th anniversary figures! I managed to get most of them except a few in wave 2. The elusive R5-D4 GameStop exclusive is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Battledroids would also look great in some vintage packaging.

I remember they did battle droids once in a phantom menace wave, would be a great repack choice. I'd like commando droids too. We've only ever gotten them in the animated style from the clone wars, but I can't imagine they'd look much different in real life. Still, they'd be nice on vintage card. They could also repack the 3 clone wars outfit characters and the black series Rex from a few years ago in a vintage back, I'd get those for my wall. I have many ideas, almost all for clone wars :smiley:
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif