criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Has Anyone Asked For AI-Heros In Arcade?

Replies

• CeymalRen
    284 posts Member
    Agreed. AI heros would rock.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Agreed. AI heros would rock.

Hopefully, we get it.

I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Starmasui73146
    910 posts Member
    edited May 16
    It is possible that Star Wars Battlefront 3 may have super mega advanced thinking A.I.; experimental self learning A.I. maybe the wave of the future.
    Guys have you heard recent news about Experimental self-learning AI in Battlefield 1?
    Would be awesome to have it in Conqest mode!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZsSx6kAi6Y

We may have quite the formidable A.I. enemy very soon.

Since we are getting 2 vs 2 HvsV soon atleast it will satisfy that Hero A.I. itch temporarily.
    “There is always hope.”
  • It is possible that Star Wars Battlefront 3 may have super mega advanced thinking A.I.; experimental self learning A.I. maybe the wave of the future.
    Guys have you heard recent news about Experimental self-learning AI in Battlefield 1?
    Would be awesome to have it in Conqest mode!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZsSx6kAi6Y

We may have quite the formidable A.I. enemy very soon.

Since we are getting 2 vs 2 HvsV soon atleast it will satisfy that Hero A.I. itch temporarily.

That AI would be awesome in SWBF2. Is 2 v 2 HvV split screen?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • PhilC
    24 posts Member
    I agree, having the ability to pick Hero A.I. team mates and enemies would give us the ability to have Heroes vs Villains in Arcade which would be great!
  • I used to ask all of the time, but have found it utterly useless as this game is becoming"un-profitable"
  • PhilC wrote: »
    I agree, having the ability to pick Hero A.I. team mates and enemies would give us the ability to have Heroes vs Villains in Arcade which would be great!

HvV offline with split screen is something I'd really like to see.
  • Rogue_13B wrote: »
    I used to ask all of the time, but have found it utterly useless as this game is becoming"un-profitable"

Only if no one buys those skins.

I believe in this game...it still can be great, we still may see Offline A.I. heroes. Let’s not give in to the doom bandwagon.
    “There is always hope.”
    I used to ask all of the time, but have found it utterly useless as this game is becoming"un-profitable"

I believe in this game...it still can be great, we still may see Offline A.I. heroes. Let’s not give in to the doom bandwagon.

I 100% agree. I am hoping those crystals sell like hot cakes, the investors significantly increase the dev team, and we get tons of offline content including hero AI!

I 100% agree. I am hoping those crystals sell like hot cakes, the investors significantly increase the dev team, and we get tons of offline content including hero AI!

Well they’ve definitely been sneaking content in. We now have 4 maps for Hero Showdown. Those busy little bees have been definitively working out the kinks.

I would love to see “Hero Showdown” with A.I. in Arcade. I love the challenge of it, it has a chess kind of feel. It requires strategy. For example: using both your powerful players early usually results in a lose of the game mode, because you wasted two powerful ones to soon; and now they won’t be there when the enemy uses theirs latter. Moderation, team work, caution...all applies in this new mode. Sometimes you defend, sometimes you aggressively attack, sometimes you flank from both sides, sometimes you draw fire to distract from the bigger threat on your team. Quessing what your enemy will use next is somewhat suspenseful. Fun stuff...

“There is always hope.”
  • Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO.
  • If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them.
  • Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.
  • Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it were if they are within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his light saber spin attack, then they could have it were when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self termination; just a thought. :)

“There is always hope.”
  • Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it were if they are within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his light saber spin attack, then they could have it were when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self termination; just a thought. :)

I heard the same thing but regarding Han's shoulder charge. Your idea is excellent. If that idea doesn't work for the devs, I would be fine with the devs deactivating the charge skills all together or replacing them.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it was if they within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his lightsaber spin attack, then they could have it where when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self-termination; just a thought. :)

Definitely, think that this could/should be implemented. I don't feel as though heroes should be used to accomplish objectives, they should just be like tanks and the regular AI could accomplish the objectives with the heroes defending the objective and drawing fire.

Also regarding Boba's jetpack, he should only move over gaps for a certain time before he returns to hover over land so that when the fuel starts to run out he wouldn't fall to his death.
  • ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »
    Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it was if they within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his lightsaber spin attack, then they could have it where when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self-termination; just a thought. :)

Definitely, think that this could/should be implemented. I don't feel as though heroes should be used to accomplish objectives, they should just be like tanks and the regular AI could accomplish the objectives with the heroes defending the objective and drawing fire.

Also regarding Boba's jetpack, he should only move over gaps for a certain time before he returns to hover over land so that when the fuel starts to run out he wouldn't fall to his death.

Good thoughts.
    “There is always hope.”
  • ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »
    Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

These sound like awesome ideas.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1033 posts Member
    edited June 16
    Answers from Guillaume Mroz (@ guillaume_mroz), the hero creator have been posted like crazy in the twitter thread. Would someone please ask him about hero AI on twitter? Thanks.
  • Answers from Guillaume Mroz (@ guillaume_mroz), the hero creator have been posted like crazy in the twitter thread. Would someone please ask him about hero AI on twitter? Thanks.

^This, but please don't forget about AI Special Units and AI Hero Ships! :smile:
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Answers from Guillaume Mroz (@ guillaume_mroz), the hero creator have been posted like crazy in the twitter thread. Would someone please ask him about hero AI on twitter? Thanks.

^This, but please don't forget about AI Special Units and AI Hero Ships! :smile:

Those would be cool as well.
  • Any word yet on if we have any chance of getting Heroes Offline or are they still committing A.I. suicide of of ledges?
    “There is always hope.”
  • Any word yet on if we have any chance of getting Heroes Offline or are they still committing A.I. suicide of of ledges?

User "may the force be with you" asked Guillaume Mroz, the hero creator on twitter. I am hoping we get an answer shortly.

User "may the force be with you" asked Guillaume Mroz, the hero creator on twitter. I am hoping we get an answer shortly.

Unfortunately nothing. :(

Hopefully, He will say something shortly or they will put it in the road map.

Hopefully, He will say something shortly or they will put it in the road map.

For our sakes yes here's hoping
  • Nothing in this road map sounds like there is a community transmission next week and another road map in August.
  • Has any devs tweeted about this?

I haven’t heard spit about Offline hero and or villain bot A.I. in some time...I hope they are still trying to do it. You know even if the villain is clunky and slow to react or too OP I don’t care...give it to us any way, it will be a blast, thank you. :)
    “There is always hope.”

I haven’t heard spit about Offline hero and or villain bot A.I. in some time...I hope they are still trying to do it. You know even if the villain is clunky and slow to react or too OP I don’t care...give it to us any way, it will be a blast, thank you. :)

I agree with this. I just want to be able to fight against the iconic characters offline in split screen.
  • I hope the hero circles I read about in user Scoundrel's Skirmish testing thread means they are working on hero AI.
  • Hopefully, hero AI in time for the new heroes so they can be fought in Arcade at launch.
  • If the large mode for Arcade is Conquest, they could script the hero AI to patrol the command points and kill enemies with in them.
  • If we get hero AI, which match ups are you looking forward to? I think Luke and Rey vs Kylo and Vader would be cool.
  • What are your thoughts on how they could implement hero AI?
  • You would be able to come play hoc on crait
  • Sorry hvv
  • M00PYCAMEL wrote: »
    Sorry hvv

Arcade HvV on any stage would be an awesome edition to the game.
  • Hero Showdown would be an awesome addition to Arcade as well.
  • Heck, battle scenarios with hero AI bosses would be fine, though I would prefer more options for using the hero AI.
  • I would love for there to be AI heroes in arcade I've asked this question before when the game first came out
  • I would love for there to be AI heroes in arcade I've asked this question before when the game first came out

Hopefully, we'll get it.
  • Totally agree with this idea. Having Heroes/Villains as selectable bots in Arcade Team Battle would basically give us Heroes VS Villains offline. In my opinion this should have been included at launch along with a regular Capture the Flag mode in Arcade mode. For almost a year we've only had Team Death Match/Team Battle in offline mode.
  • PhilC wrote: »
    Totally agree with this idea. Having Heroes/Villains as selectable bots in Arcade Team Battle would basically give us Heroes VS Villains offline. In my opinion this should have been included at launch along with a regular Capture the Flag mode in Arcade mode. For almost a year we've only had Team Death Match/Team Battle in offline mode.

Having hero AI, the large mode, and simple objectives for the large, small and space battles available in split screen would make Arcade perfect, IMO.
  • So recent leaks seem to be rather grim on this topic ;(
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1033 posts Member
    edited September 18
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    So recent leaks seem to be rather grim on this topic ;(

Thanks for the reply. I don't follow leaks because they aren't always correct. I would love for a dev to give an update on this.
    I do think hero AI might occur March to April at the earliest.
  • I am hoping the devs will say something by the end of the year.
  • Would it be possible or is it a lot of work to program AIs to play as heros?

In the original Battlefront 1, heros only made an appearance as AI controlled allies in certain game modes.
    So yes it's fully possible to do so in this game considering the improvements that we are at currently.