criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Has Anyone Asked For AI-Heros In Arcade?

13Next

Replies

• Would it be possible or is it a lot of work to program AIs to play as heros?

In the original Battlefront 1, heros only made an appearance as AI controlled allies in certain game modes.
    So yes it's fully possible to do so in this game considering the improvements that we are at currently.

The hero AI in the original BF2 just used regular attacks. I would prefer some abilities to be used; however, if we got hero AI like the original games it would still be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • @F8RGE

Please mention this in the Arcade Community Transmission, Thank you.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Short answer: Yes, many people have asked
    And we eagerly await info regarding it from the devs.

Have the devs responded to the request recently on any social media sites?
  • Would somebody please ask Dennis about this since he took over the SWBF twitter? Thanks.
  • Would somebody please ask Dennis about this since he took over the SWBF twitter? Thanks.

I did unfortunately no answer. :(
  • Even if they don't add AI hero's, the AI in general need some serious work. They are worthless, all they do is walk and shoot. If you noticed in changing the difficulty, they don't actually act different, they just do more damage. Typical lazy game development.

I did unfortunately no answer. :(

Thanks
  • We need to be able to play Star Wars with and against the iconic heroes that we grew up with. The trailer set it up as if you would be able to fight against Darth Maul ,or Yoda, or any of the others! But it turns out (even a year later) that you HAVE to be online to get those kind of perks. Please make the playing field even by offering an offline Heroes VS Villains Mode like the old battlefront 2 with at least 15 characters on each side (If we get that many by the end of the game.) Offline is way better in battlefront 2 than it was in the first game you produced( other than the fact we still don’t have any large scale game modes). We need this and so do you.
  • They said something about this before, although I did not take a screenshot (It was a couple of months back, though so things could have changed since then.) They had trouble with certain Hero AI using abilities at the wrong times, I.E. Boba using the jetpack to cross a gap in order to reach an objective, but the gap was too large and he always ran out of fuel. Or with Rey or Han using their dash ability, they would charge off the edge of some maps when another AI would dodge out of the way or they would have targeting issues, etc. I'm sure it could be implemented with more time focused on it, but until they deem it enough of a priority to have a dedicated group of developers sit around and try to work out the problems it probably won't happen, at least without changing abilities or implementing severe restrictions on those abilities to the point where it could hamper or affect the feel or immersion of the game. Ultimately it comes down to development priority, and as much fun as it would be to see it added into Arcade, there are areas of the game which need more focus at the current time.
  • FROSTnhg wrote: »
    We need to be able to play Star Wars with and against the iconic heroes that we grew up with. The trailer set it up as if you would be able to fight against Darth Maul ,or Yoda, or any of the others! But it turns out (even a year later) that you HAVE to be online to get those kind of perks. Please make the playing field even by offering an offline Heroes VS Villains Mode like the old battlefront 2 with at least 15 characters on each side (If we get that many by the end of the game.) Offline is way better in battlefront 2 than it was in the first game you produced( other than the fact we still don’t have any large scale game modes). We need this and so do you.

Exactly correct.
    ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »
    They said something about this before, although I did not take a screenshot (It was a couple of months back, though so things could have changed since then.) They had trouble with certain Hero AI using abilities at the wrong times, I.E. Boba using the jetpack to cross a gap in order to reach an objective, but the gap was too large and he always ran out of fuel. Or with Rey or Han using their dash ability, they would charge off the edge of some maps when another AI would dodge out of the way or they would have targeting issues, etc. I'm sure it could be implemented with more time focused on it, but until they deem it enough of a priority to have a dedicated group of developers sit around and try to work out the problems it probably won't happen, at least without changing abilities or implementing severe restrictions on those abilities to the point where it could hamper or affect the feel or immersion of the game. Ultimately it comes down to development priority, and as much fun as it would be to see it added into Arcade, there are areas of the game which need more focus at the current time.

Many who desire hero AI (including myself) would be fine if the AI didn't use those abilities. Personally, I think the only one of the abilities you listed that would affect immersion if it was absent is Boba's jet pack.

• ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »
    They said something about this before, although I did not take a screenshot (It was a couple of months back, though so things could have changed since then.) They had trouble with certain Hero AI using abilities at the wrong times, I.E. Boba using the jetpack to cross a gap in order to reach an objective, but the gap was too large and he always ran out of fuel. Or with Rey or Han using their dash ability, they would charge off the edge of some maps when another AI would dodge out of the way or they would have targeting issues, etc. I'm sure it could be implemented with more time focused on it, but until they deem it enough of a priority to have a dedicated group of developers sit around and try to work out the problems it probably won't happen, at least without changing abilities or implementing severe restrictions on those abilities to the point where it could hamper or affect the feel or immersion of the game. Ultimately it comes down to development priority, and as much fun as it would be to see it added into Arcade, there are areas of the game which need more focus at the current time.

When they said that they were having trouble, they also said they were working on it.
  • Dennis has said they are still working on the large mode fro Arcade; hopefully, this has hero AI.
  • I can't stand being taken out by elite players hero ai would greatly help for enjoying the game offline.
  • I support the idea of epics in Arcade. But this is an older thread and hence will be closed soon.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1035 posts Member
    edited November 16
    I can't stand being taken out by elite players hero ai would greatly help for enjoying the game offline.

Playing against elites can be frustrating. Hero AI would help me enjoy this game better offline because I would love to be able to split screen something like HvV or Hero Shodown for years after the servers shut down.
    TiNie wrote: »
    I support the idea of epics in Arcade. But this is an older thread and hence will be closed soon.

What do you mean by epics?
  • yes please such a good idea and offline arcade galactic assault
  • Okouef19 wrote: »
    yes please such a good idea and offline arcade galactic assault

There were some people asking for it in the reddit Arcade focused feedback.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1035 posts Member
    edited November 28
    Okouef19 wrote: »
    yes please such a good idea and offline arcade galactic assault

Dennis said they aren't doing a direct port of GA but are working on a large scale mode. Some (including myself) think it could be Conquest. Dome think it is large scale TDM. Either one would be better with hero AI.
  • Being able to select the skins for the hero AI would also be a nice touch.
  • I haven't yet, but it's something I think they should have included with the game. However, I'd be a bit worried that introducing AI heroes to the game would create a host of new bugs.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    I haven't yet, but it's something I think they should have included with the game. However, I'd be a bit worried that introducing AI heroes to the game would create a host of new bugs.

If the hero AI introduced some smaller bugs, personally, I would be patient with them while I enjoyed the hero AI. If the bugs rendered Arcade unplayable (like Jabba's Palace is now) that would be a problem.
  • Vikingoverlord0
    21 posts Member
    edited December 8
    Yes, thought of it yesterday. And it would be nice since there aren't any coop arcade or split-screen arcade.
    Post edited by Vikingoverlord0 on
  • Yes. I don't care if they aren't as good as having players controlling them. It would still be awesome to have.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    Yes. I don't care if they aren't as good as having players controlling them. It would still be awesome to have.

Exactly.