criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Has Anyone Asked For AI-Heros In Arcade?

124Next

Replies

• It sounds like they might be able to talk about this game more in April. Hopefully, we learn more about hero AI then.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Maybe the AI hero characters should be era specific ,for example on Starkiller Base you could encounter Kylo ren or Captain Phasma
  • hosco33
    209 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Would it be possible or is it a lot of work to program AIs to play as heros?

Yes it is possible, they have plenty of information of players playing heroes worldwide, AI is basically fed with such inputs and hence can use such inputs, variations, or create new behaviors based on what it considers successful moves. It would be not only interesting for us, gamers, but also so damned funny for developers themselves.
  • Maybe the AI hero characters should be era specific ,for example on Starkiller Base you could encounter Kylo ren or Captain Phasma

That would be a good way to simplify the hero AI programming if their resources don't allow for full customization. I would prefer full customization but would be super excited with this.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I'd love to play CS offline with hero AI.
  • [
    What are your thoughts on how they could implement hero AI?

Funny you should ask (clears throat), lol...okay here it is:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/127030/arcade-mode-offline-ways-to-make-it-the-best-game-mode-ever-created-of-all-time#latest

Nice thread, thanks.
    Any time.

I asked again about hero ai for arcade but nothing sadly.

Well Ben did mention they were making positive progress so I assume that means the A.I. aspect of it as well, I hope.

What was Ben referring to when he said positive progress?

He was talking about the new game mode. So I was hoping that he was also talking about the Offline version of it as well and thus the A.I....

Hopefully, the recent tweaks to the Arcade AI means good things for hero AI as well as the large Arcade mode.

Certainly the fact that (improved) AI is being added to CS bodes well for the future of AI in Arcade. I think the Devs are well aware of the community's desire for Hero AI (and arcade large scale conquest in general). I think it's a matter of time. Clearly, the focus is on multiplayer, but if they were/are working on hero AI, It would make perfect sense to implement heroAI into an offline conquest mode. The bots have now been designed to play conquest ONLINE.

You have to build the skeleton before you can put the meat on the bones. NOW... Now that trooper AI has been improved and implemented online, it's just a matter of time. It has happened much slower than we would have liked, but we're turning a corner.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    [
    What are your thoughts on how they could implement hero AI?

Funny you should ask (clears throat), lol...okay here it is:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/127030/arcade-mode-offline-ways-to-make-it-the-best-game-mode-ever-created-of-all-time#latest

Nice thread, thanks.
    Any time.

I asked again about hero ai for arcade but nothing sadly.

Well Ben did mention they were making positive progress so I assume that means the A.I. aspect of it as well, I hope.

What was Ben referring to when he said positive progress?

He was talking about the new game mode. So I was hoping that he was also talking about the Offline version of it as well and thus the A.I....

Hopefully, the recent tweaks to the Arcade AI means good things for hero AI as well as the large Arcade mode.

Certainly the fact that (improved) AI is being added to CS bodes well for the future of AI in Arcade. I think the Devs are well aware of the community's desire for Hero AI (and arcade large scale conquest in general). I think it's a matter of time. Clearly, the focus is on multiplayer, but if they were/are working on hero AI, It would make perfect sense to implement heroAI into an offline conquest mode. The bots have now been designed to play conquest ONLINE.

You have to build the skeleton before you can put the meat on the bones. NOW... Now that trooper AI has been improved and implemented online, it's just a matter of time. It has happened much slower than we would have liked, but we're turning a corner.

This would be awesome.
  • Dennis said there would be some AI tweaks in the next client patch. I hope this includes hero AI.
  • i know this is an old post, but....... seriously..... why do we not have AI heroes yet!!!!
  • i know this is an old post, but....... seriously..... why do we not have AI heroes yet!!!!

I wish we had them. Hopefully, we will get them one day.
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    I don't want them to leave out support for Special Unit AI either, though. AI Heroes are a must, but so are AI Special Units.

Agreed. It would also be cool to have an option to choose how many heroes are on each side at one time.

And what era they are from. I don't want to be on Kamino and Darth Vader come at me.
  • Haven wrote: »
    Here’s my opinion. Sometimes PvP is WAY 2 tough and stressful. 4 me, sometimes I just want 2 relax and play SW. AI bots would do this, but arcade lacks Starships, Heroes, and special enemy characters. What I would like 2 see, although it probably will never happen, is 2 see a GA mode PvE style or something like arcade but more than 2 players can play. When I play arcade, its only splitscreen option at the most, so unless ur splitscreening u can’t coop & u never get the battle u REALLY want (like if ur Luke & u want to fight an AI Vader on Bespin, whether 4 fun or practice, u can’t unless ur splitscreening or lets say u wanna reinact something with u being Rey and u want 2 have an AI Finn and Chewie on ur team fighting an AI Kylo & Phasma, u can’t). PvP is great, but how many ppl go all out? How many people maxed out heroes or knows “tricks” that typically makes PvP more stressful? idk 4 me I just wanna chill and have fun, but the PvP way is rather 2 stressful and often demands u give it ur all and usually a bit more, yet the Arcade is WAY 2 soft u can beat expert level in ur sleep. If ur Vader, u’ll just eat away the Rebels without heroes fighting against u and u can only do that through splitscreen & it’s aggravating. Mayb u get less points 4 playing PvE and if u doing challenges u hafta do PvP, but I would like 2 play more of a coop mode in PvE style rather than PvP. Just my opinion.

Troops available 300-500
    Team size-both 10 (wish we had a 32v32 option)
    Play as-troops only
    Ability recharge- default
    Player Health- Half
    AI Dif- Expert
    AI health - Default
    AI Class- Any
    That's how I set up my matches. It makes it more interesting. AI has come close to winning and I've had many stalemate moments.
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    I don't want them to leave out support for Special Unit AI either, though. AI Heroes are a must, but so are AI Special Units.

Agreed. It would also be cool to have an option to choose how many heroes are on each side at one time.

And what era they are from. I don't want to be on Kamino and Darth Vader come at me.

I think it would be cool to be able to select which heroes the AI can choose from and save your selection for future use. This would allow for any kind of AI hero selection customization, including era specific.
  • In arcade they should make it so you can battle any heros against each other like anakin vs obi one or kylo vs vader something like that
    -😺CT
  • CatTraiter wrote: »
    In arcade they should make it so you can battle any heros against each other like anakin vs obi one or kylo vs vader something like that

Arcade should be developed into a fully customizable sandbox mode for people to play how they would like to play.
  • Even If hero AI is the last they add to the game, I would be happy. I just hope it arrives before they stop supporting the game.
  • I really hope they do this. I wouldnt even care if the ai for them was as dumb as the infantry lol they could work on it with time. They could easily implent this if they wanted.
  • I really hope they do this. I wouldnt even care if the ai for them was as dumb as the infantry lol they could work on it with time. They could easily implent this if they wanted.

I agree with this 100%. For me, it is not about having AI that could defeat a pro player. It is about being able to have the characters on the battlefield in Arcade for split screen co-op.
  • There are also people on Reddit saying they would be cool with hero AI that did not use abilities, so let's make it happen.
  • A 4 player local co-op mode similar to HvV would be amazing!
  • It would be awesome to have a new local co-op Jedi based game. Adding in hero AI would allow SWBF 2 to resemble this.
  • Hopefully, they come up with some way of hero battles for split screen co-op.
  • Instead of doing all the abilities, they could just just do common abilities, or non at all.
  • The AI can already close distance between them and the player, the devs could use this for the saber wielder AI.
  • It would be fun, cause I put the ai to be strong and everything, but I still kill them too quick so I can't really practice with my jedis

I have found the same thing to be true. Even though I try to make the match as challenging as possible, I can always beat the AI. I think a buff is needed. On the heroes for AI, I think that would be epic. Especially if they added an all heroes mode to arcade.

I agree, I believe the AI needs to be made tougher and at least enforcers and those kind of classes enabled for them as well. Heroes added would be best.
  • It would be fun, cause I put the ai to be strong and everything, but I still kill them too quick so I can't really practice with my jedis

I have found the same thing to be true. Even though I try to make the match as challenging as possible, I can always beat the AI. I think a buff is needed. On the heroes for AI, I think that would be epic. Especially if they added an all heroes mode to arcade.

I agree, I believe the AI needs to be made tougher and at least enforcers and those kind of classes enabled for them as well. Heroes added would be best.

Hero AI added to Arcade would probably allow us to set up an all heroes mode for Arcade. I would love to have this mode as well.
  • Another option for the hero AI would be to create a melee reinforcement and use the reinforcement AI for the heroes.
  • I think at the very least they should add the option to let the AI spawn as their special units like the enforcers and such. Would make arcade a lot more fun and challenging.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1291 posts Member
    edited June 12
    I think at the very least they should add the option to let the AI spawn as their special units like the enforcers and such. Would make arcade a lot more fun and challenging.

Those would be cool; however, I was hoping to fight against saber and lightning users (the characters not all the abilities).
  • I am thinking creating a melee reinforcement and using the reinforcement AI for the heroes would make hero AI much easier to do.
  • I think fighting a hero character with a lot of health at the end of an Arcade match would be awesome even if the hero AI just used basic attacks.
  • Since the new mode sounds like it might be outside Arcade, fighting a hero character with a lot of health at the end of a match in that mode would also be awesome.
  • These hero battles could be optional.
  • Additionaly to the heroes in arcade, I would like to see the computer use special units like droideka, super battle droid, commander droid and the others.
  • Additionaly to the heroes in arcade, I would like to see the computer use special units like droideka, super battle droid, commander droid and the others.
    These would be cool too.
  • Claire
    22 posts Member
    MONEYPYR0 said:
    Even if Hero AI was added, I doubt they'd be very challenging. Even on Expert, the enemy AI is really easy, and hardly use their abilities effectively. Sure, it might be fun to practice against them, but would they really even be that difficult?

That's why PC gamers mod the game to make the ai use they're abilities more frequently and effectively. Because Dice won't play dice
  • Claire wrote: »
    MONEYPYR0 said:
    Even if Hero AI was added, I doubt they'd be very challenging. Even on Expert, the enemy AI is really easy, and hardly use their abilities effectively. Sure, it might be fun to practice against them, but would they really even be that difficult?

That's why PC gamers mod the game to make the ai use they're abilities more frequently and effectively. Because Dice won't play dice

Personally, I am not worried about how difficult it is; I just want to fight against heroes in split screen co-op. The mods are not available on Xbox, unfortunately.
  • Some one on reddit said "at least BF2005 had hero AI and F9rge responded with a ":o".  I hope this means something for this game.
  • f9rge  was supposed to be f8rge.