criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

What is your favorite Starwars movie - and why?

Flunksch
22 posts Member
edited October 2015
As the title says. What is your favorite movie and why?

Mine would have to be Return of the jedi. I think the reason is that it 'ends' with the good winning and its also the end of the saga. I love it when leia tells han about luke and that he is her brother :P
There can be only one Flunksch.

Replies

• Obviously the one that started it all, A new hope.
    Even though I almost died it remains my favourite.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Favourite? I like them all. I prefer the old saga then EP I,II,III. I think my favourite will be the new movie.
    The one movie that catches me the most will be The Empire Strikes Back. The Hoth scene, Cloud City scene.. just wonderful.
    スターウォーズ :バトルフロント [日本] 'Where did you dig up that old fossil'
  • Any of them that feature an X-wing :D
  • Original Trilogy all day long
    bigdchamps.png
  • The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite, stands out the most to me.

In order

1. TESB
    2. ROTJ
    3. ROTS
    4. ANH
    5. TPM
    6. TCW

The Clone Wars is by far the worse, just very boring. People will hate me for putting Revenge of the Sith higher than A New Hope but I grew up with it and it just is my a favourite of mine, A New Hope was a little slow in my opinion.
  • alex_aut
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Hard to tell...

V

IV

III

VI

II

I

But I love all of them ;)
  • Same here its hard to decide because they are all Star Wars...
    But if forced to decide.
    #1 - V
    #2 - IV
    #3 - VI
    #4 - II
    #5 - III
    #6 - I

May the Force be with the director of Episode VII
  • I love all the Star Wars movies, I grew up on the prequels though so...
    #1 - III
    #2 - V
    #3 - VI
    #4 - IV
    #5 - I
    #6 - II
    I know my list is in a weird order. I like Revenge of the Sith the best because of the action and dark story. I am hoping The Force Awakens will become my new favorite Star Wars movie.
  • Vespervin
    691 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I love all of the movies and cartoons, it's very hard to pick a favourite.

I pick Episode III, for the same reasons Soloman98 listed. It's packed full of action and it's dark.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • kellar
    490 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm not a fan of starwars, only watched the movies once back in like 2006..
    I'm only here because of DICE.
    DID I TELL YOU THAT I REALLY LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT ???! #ANewEra
    76561198071153223.png
  • III,VI,IV,V,I,II

ROTS taking the top spot because of nostalgic value since I got into SW right when it was coming out and it was the new cool thing, and now watching it just brings back that flood of memories.
  • III, had the best action
    I find your lack of jimmies rustling
  • The Empire Strikes Back will always be my favorite. The characters, the battles, the music, it was the first Star Wars movie I ever watched.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • The Empire Strikes Back is probobly my favorite. Revenge of the Sith is not far behind, but ESB dont have any low-points as RotS has. Battles, music, the twist, all the great characters, thats what makes The Empire Stikes Back the winner.
    Wilfer88, Sith Lord and warrior from the forrest of Hälsingland.
  • Iceninja
    418 posts Member
    Rogue One is my favorite.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • If I had to rank them

1. ROTS
    2. ANH
    3. ESB
    4. ROTJ
    5. AOTC
    6. Rogue One
    7. TPM
    8. Han Solo movie
    9. The Clone wars movie
    10. TFA
    11. TLJ
  • Dat bump.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cadoth
    1091 posts Member
    edited April 12
    R1, I actually cried when I watched it
    Post edited by Cadoth on
  • DarthJ
    6539 posts Member
    The Empire Strikes Back. Just amazing. Characters get really fleshed out and developed, the locations in the film, the general atmosphere of the film....just amazing. 10/10.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Phantom Menace because all new contents.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    ESB, the Empire actually looked competent, the 'good' guys actually suffered the entire flick, and The Vader Luke plot twist was great.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• To rank them:
    1. Return of the Jedi
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Rogue One
    4. A New Hope
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Solo
    7. The Force Awakens
    8. The Phantom Menace
    9. Attack of the Clones
    10. The Last Jedi
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • EA_Rtas
    1062 posts EA Moderator
    Obviously the one that started it all, A new hope.

This made me giggle more than I'd like to admit.

On topic though I'm a ROTJ fan, that final duel between Luke and Vader forever sends chills down my spine.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Obviously the one that started it all, A new hope.

This made me giggle more than I'd like to admit.

On topic though I'm a ROTJ fan, that final duel between Luke and Vader forever sends chills down my spine.

Digital High Five fellow ROTJ Fan!

dk5u1x7ml5wv.png
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • xxx_billy_xxx
    240 posts Member
    edited April 12
    Revange of the Sith, closely followed by A New Hope.
  • RotS, for the war and duel.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Return of the Jedi. Love the Emperor and the Death Star II space battle.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5926353
    giphy.gif
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • ZephanUnbound
    2796 posts Member
    edited April 13
    I actually like ROTJ the most. I know a lot of people hate it because of the Ewoks and because of Boba dying like a chump, but I can’t help but like it the most. We finally see Luke as a proper Jedi, complete with his own lightsaber instead of a hand me down. Leia starts to show a softer side after being a bit difficult in the first 2 movies. Lando is great of course. The saber battle is the best of the 3 OT movies, as are the space battles. Papa Palps is defeated and we get to see Vader redeemed. Just a great movie imo.

Here is my ranking:

1. ROTJ
    2. ESB
    3. ROTS
    4. RO
    5. TPM
    6. ANH
    7. Solo
    8. AOTC
    9. TFA
    10. TCW
    11. TLJ
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • I actually like ROTJ the most. I know a lot of people hate it because of the Ewoks and because of Boba dying like a chump, but I can’t help but like it the most. We finally see Luke as a proper Jedi, complete with his own lightsaber instead of a hand me down. Leia starts to show a softer side after being a bit difficult in the first 2 movies. Lando is great
    of course. The saber battle is the best of the 3 OT movies, as are the space battles. Papa Palps is defeated and we get to see Vader redeemed. Just a great movie imo.

Here is my ranking:

1. ROTJ
    2. ESB
    3. ROTS
    4. RO
    5. TPM
    6. ANH
    7. Solo
    8. AOTC
    9. TFA
    10. TCW
    11. TLJ

Ewoks is actually one of my favorite parts of ROTJ lol
  • I actually like ROTJ the most. I know a lot of people hate it because of the Ewoks and because of Boba dying like a chump, but I can’t help but like it the most. We finally see Luke as a proper Jedi, complete with his own lightsaber instead of a hand me down. Leia starts to show a softer side after being a bit difficult in the first 2 movies. Lando is great
    of course. The saber battle is the best of the 3 OT movies, as are the space battles. Papa Palps is defeated and we get to see Vader redeemed. Just a great movie imo.

Here is my ranking:

1. ROTJ
    2. ESB
    3. ROTS
    4. RO
    5. TPM
    6. ANH
    7. Solo
    8. AOTC
    9. TFA
    10. TCW
    11. TLJ

Same, but I see a lot of people that hate them.

Here is my ranking:

1. ROTJ
    2. ESB
    3. ROTS
    4. RO
    5. TPM
    6. ANH
    7. Solo
    8. AOTC
    9. TFA
    10. TCW
    11. TLJ

Same, but I see a lot of people that hate them.
    I’m fine with them. Also you’re ranking is very similar to my own. On a good day TFA is higher.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Empire strikes back or the last jedi. Esb is classic and speaks for itself. Tlj is misunderstood and deserves more love so i usually default to it.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    edited April 17
    I would say my fav original trilogy and fav star wars film overall is empire strikes back. Just because I think its got the strongest story out of all the star wars films and also its filled with so many of my fav moments and scenes. Like the hoth battle at the start to the vader and luke fight to the twist that vader is lukes dad. Fav prequel film revenge as its clearly the best out of the prequels. And fav Disney is rogue one as I loved the battle on scarif and it was cool having vader back plus that badass scene at the end. And I felt they did a good job of setting up ep4 and coming up with a good theory to why the deathstar had such a big flaw
  • Impossible to say.

Love all of the episodic films equally.

Not mad on Solo but would like to see what happens next.

Don't care for Rogue One at all.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 17
    It’s hard for me to choose a favorite... I loved them all. Guess that just means I don’t have a strong opinion about a single one, lol