criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Live Service Until 2019?

Can someone help confirm that BFII will actually have a live service until late 2019?

I remember reading a Twitter response posted on a site somewhere months ago from someone working on the game saying there'll be a live service until the end of next years' fiscal year (which I think is late Sep next year), just don't remember where I read it (I'm not on Twitter otherwise I'd have saved it or whatever). It'd be great if anyone here, or even a developer reading this, could confirm it.

If that's the case then I hope between now and then we get plenty of content, as well as help this game grow strong with effective updates / patches / tweaks so when the service ends the game will still have life after it. BFII has the potential to be a great game even after the live service ends, which I'm sure we all want and hope to see.

Kind regards,
Sheev 'The Senate' Palpatine.
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• Battlefront 1 came out Nov. 2015, cost 110 dollars with Season pass, sold 15 Million copies and had Live Service until January 2017.

Battlefront 2 came out Nov. 20017, cost 70 dollars with Elite Trooper, and will have Live Service until?

Go figure.
  • Battlefront 1 came out Nov. 2015, cost 110 dollars with Season pass, sold 15 Million copies and had Live Service until January 2017.

Battlefront 2 came out Nov. 20017, cost 70 dollars with Elite Trooper, and will have Live Service until?

Go figure.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It all depends on whether they decide to make Battlefront 3 or not.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    Depends on the return of mtx
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    It all depends on whether they decide to make Battlefront 3 or not.

BFIII won't happen. All the fuss, drama and controversy over BF2015 and BFII shows that it'd be pointless to go a third time. Who know what star wars game will come out after this, but I say until then this game should be improved as best as possible
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    Depends on the return of mtx

Possibly
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • IronSoldier
    3225 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Support and updates usually happen for about 18 months or thereabouts. So think April time 2019 and after that it will just be left whilst they develop and market the new singing and dancing bugfest to come out in November 2019.
  • Support and updates usually happen for about 18 months or thereabouts. So think April time 2019 and after that it will just be left whilst they develop and market the new singing and dancing bugfest to come out in November 2019.

I'd be fine with a year and a half of live service, as long as it isn't just one year then that's it, would be pretty disappointed
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

BFIII won't happen.

I highly doubt that though.

I think it will be back just before Episode 9.

And they'll just mtx with cosmetics I suppose.

BFIII won't happen.

Could, but I doubt that.Given the fact that DICE now should focus on the next Battlefield game and the fact that this one will have a live service of approximately 2 years, I think that IF they decide to make a third one, it will be after Ep.IX
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
    Aris1368 wrote: »

BFIII won't happen.

Could, but I doubt that.Given the fact that DICE now should focus on the next Battlefield game and the fact that this one will have a live service of approximately 2 years, I think that IF they decide to make a third one, it will be after Ep.IX

Two different teams work on Battlefield and battlefront so that's not an issue for them
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."