criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Nerf Chewbacca

Prev1
Can you please nerf Chewbacca his multishock grenade is to much you cant even do anything to get out of it he is the one thats op in every single hvV game.
All he has to do is throw a grenade and shoot and your freaking dead where is the balance in that you cant even block the grenade with the saber...

Replies

  • Don’t nerf chewie! Buff other hero’s to compete with him.
  • yeah that can work to good advice
  • Well, considering how Chewie is almost literally the only answer the Lightside has to the CC that is prevalent on the Darkside, I daresay it's not entirely warranted.

    Fight smarter?
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • No, chewie is awful. Most of you act like HvV is the only game mode to use heros.

    Use him in GA and you'll see he is one of the worst heros. Boba fett shouldn't have been nerfed because he's average in GA. He didn't not need a nerf.
  • I am talking about HvV not GA thats why chewie needs a nerf... you cant do a single thing against his grenade you cant block you cant even dodge it you cant do anything so thats why i want a nerf on chewie... luke is fine rey is good if you know how to play with her but yoda i think yodas animation should be faster or at least be able to block with the lightsaber...
  • Lord_Patterson
    46 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    He is just ridiculous on Heroes vs Villains. How on earth he got past game testing is completely beyond me LMFAO.
  • I put out a topic on chewie to. The multishock grenade needs to be nerfed. Once he throws the grenade you cant do anything but sing hail mary and die...
  • Yeah he totally needs it. A lot of time the Chewbacca player is the top player in the game even when the Hero side gets destroyed. Shorten his stun duration a lot, and make the refresh higher.
  • Zexiel wrote: »
    I am talking about HvV not GA thats why chewie needs a nerf... you cant do a single thing against his grenade you cant block you cant even dodge it you cant do anything so thats why i want a nerf on chewie... luke is fine rey is good if you know how to play with her but yoda i think yodas animation should be faster or at least be able to block with the lightsaber...

    Yep they just stun and shoot, can't do a thing. If you finish in 1st place with Chewbacca in HvsV no one thinks you're a good player. You're just using an OP character.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Well, considering how Chewie is almost literally the only answer the Lightside has to the CC that is prevalent on the Darkside, I daresay it's not entirely warranted.

    Fight smarter?

    I agree with you.

    What chance does the light side have in many of these matches when the other team runs around with Vader, Kylo, Emperor all choking, freezing and electrocuting anyone in their path? Play with Lando or Han against those guys and tell me how it works out.

    The light side characters are pretty pathetic and I suspect more are choosing Chewie because he's the best alternative left for people that like to play with a shooting character after the Finn nerf.

    I'm just tired of nerfs. Stop whining and play the game. Nerfs just bandage one issue and create another one.

    If you feel chewie is OP, then just use him as much as you can then.
  • Zexiel
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    No chewie needs a nerf and the balance needs to get done in HvV and whining is the way to make the game better...
    How would it be if there was a bug or something similar like never be able to die with a character do you think the game would be fun to play that way? the anwser would be no alot of players would quit as alot of players has already. So whining is the solution to get the game fixed and if you say the dark side is better your wrong i beat the dark side with luke he is a beast in HvV if you know how to play him its all about skills but chewie all he has to do is throw a little grenade and your done you just stand there and wait for chewie to shoot you dead...Even vader when he chokes you can break free you can even block hes chokes...
    Post edited by Zexiel on
  • Chewie just needs to have his shock work like Kylos freeze. Disengages after contact is made. That will help in HvV and not make much difference in GA. I do think GA is the main game and most patches should revolve around that game mode.
  • Zexiel wrote: »
    I put out a topic on chewie to. The multishock grenade needs to be nerfed. Once he throws the grenade you cant do anything but sing hail mary and die...

    That is easily the worst thing about him and the fact that his bowcaster is far too strong and there is completely no way to block it's explosive shots.
  • He’s easy to kill if you don’t fight him head on. You were obviously in a game where you were killed by him a lot and couldn’t figure out how to counter. No nerf needed at all.
  • You are probably someone who uses chewie alot am i right?
  • Zexiel
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Omg i heard chewie might get nerfed omg thank dice and ea for that... YEEESSS
  • chewie is a strong counter to every villain.


    pro-tip, dont get flanked, dont run straight at him. idc cause i like playing the blaster heroes and am sick and tired of the saber blockers feeling like they have unlimited blocks... so im glad chewie can blow vader and kylo off the map

    going against him just avoid the grenade at all cost and if he's the target your team shouldnt pursue him from the same angle that way he can only shock one of you. outside of his furious bowcaster/shock grenade combo he's nothing special.
  • So if dice puts in 1vs1 how do you think that would go?
  • Zexiel wrote: »
    So if dice puts in 1vs1 how do you think that would go?

    It’ll never happen - could be fun and cool and a lot of peeps prolly want it but the fighting mechanics are too casual
  • Sry but if cant handle chewie on a 1 vs 1, you are just a bad player
  • Zexiel
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Dude im allmost at the top of the list every single time when chewie isnt around and chewie will soon be nerfed its been told and if you think im a bad player why dont you try me 1 on 1 and we will see...Put your money where your mouth is...
  • This dude knows what he is talking about
  • Zexiel wrote: »
    This dude knows what he is talking about
    That dude is clickbait with trash tutorial videos.
  • He needs a rework. Way too dependent on shock and overload (forget what it’s actually called).
  • Chewie is HvV is OP af, in GA he's worse than a WW.

    I hear people say "buff the other heroes to match him". Do you really want all heroes to have a 5 second stun that's instant on impact and a blaster ability that can kill the tankiest hero in the game in matter of several shots? The stuns are bad enough without adding, and with longer duration, to the other heroes.

    His prime blaster should get a rof buff and adjust the damage in line with that so it's not too much.

    Replace Chewie's shock grenade for an impact grenade or detonite charge that's on par with Han's, or reduce the active shock time and aoe.
  • Chewie is HvV is OP af, in GA he's worse than a WW.

    I hear people say "buff the other heroes to match him". Do you really want all heroes to have a 5 second stun that's instant on impact and a blaster ability that can kill the tankiest hero in the game in matter of several shots? The stuns are bad enough without adding, and with longer duration, to the other heroes.

    His prime blaster should get a rof buff and adjust the damage in line with that so it's not too much.

    Replace Chewie's shock grenade for an impact grenade or detonite charge that's on par with Han's, or reduce the active shock time and aoe.
    I couldn't agree with you more. People act like HvV is the only game mode and then overlook the fact that he is complete garbage in GA. Nerfing him would completely make him obsolete in GA.
  • Chewie is HvV is OP af, in GA he's worse than a WW.

    I hear people say "buff the other heroes to match him". Do you really want all heroes to have a 5 second stun that's instant on impact and a blaster ability that can kill the tankiest hero in the game in matter of several shots? The stuns are bad enough without adding, and with longer duration, to the other heroes.

    His prime blaster should get a rof buff and adjust the damage in line with that so it's not too much.

    Replace Chewie's shock grenade for an impact grenade or detonite charge that's on par with Han's, or reduce the active shock time and aoe.
    I couldn't agree with you more. People act like HvV is the only game mode and then overlook the fact that he is complete garbage in GA. Nerfing him would completely make him obsolete in GA.

    What he said, total garbage in GA when facing down 10-15 other troops and heroes, probably the last hero I click when available, he doesn't need nerfing, HvV needs improving, in fact i dont know why its just heroes, throw some troopers in there as well, like the BFR1 version then tell me how op he is.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Chewie is HvV is OP af, in GA he's worse than a WW.

    I hear people say "buff the other heroes to match him". Do you really want all heroes to have a 5 second stun that's instant on impact and a blaster ability that can kill the tankiest hero in the game in matter of several shots? The stuns are bad enough without adding, and with longer duration, to the other heroes.

    His prime blaster should get a rof buff and adjust the damage in line with that so it's not too much.

    Replace Chewie's shock grenade for an impact grenade or detonite charge that's on par with Han's, or reduce the active shock time and aoe.
    I couldn't agree with you more. People act like HvV is the only game mode and then overlook the fact that he is complete garbage in GA. Nerfing him would completely make him obsolete in GA.

    What he said, total garbage in GA when facing down 10-15 other troops and heroes, probably the last hero I click when available, he doesn't need nerfing, HvV needs improving, in fact i dont know why its just heroes, throw some troopers in there as well, like the BFR1 version then tell me how op he is.

    cause u throw troopers in the mix the heros would get rekt. heros aren't like they where in BF1. they have said they are going to balance the heros between the modes so they aren't great at one and horrible at another. Chewie needs a rework to make him not op in HvV but not garbage at GA. Anyone saying chewie isn't op are the ones who only play him and think they are gods in HvV when u literally just need to stun and click and this crap about hes only one on light side that can stun no he isn't lando can stun as well but his gun overheats fast so most heros can live thru his stun.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    They need to balance for hvv and ga separately.

    The only thing he has going for him in ga is the laugh emote.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Stop with the nerf chewy stuff.

    The rebels are already at a huge disadvantage if you ask me. The saber characters are generally weaker and their gun characters took a hit with the Finn nerf.

    All the dark side needs to do is run around in a pack of 4, choking, freezing and electrocuting anybody in their path.
  • Chewie is OP for sure, but so is palpatine and chewie is the only balance to making it an even battle between heroes and villains. they need to fix both, not just one. with chewie, you just have to play smarter against him. roll out of the way of his shock grenade. shoot him from far since his bowcaster was nerfed from a distance, or flank him him with a saber user, use a stun and slice him up.
  • NERF CHEWIE dgzthfg8suif.jpg
  • LOREAL NERF CHEWIE BECOUSE HES WORTH IT tgauc2pfx1j2.jpg
  • tts42572 wrote: »
    Stop with the nerf chewy stuff.

    The rebels are already at a huge disadvantage if you ask me. The saber characters are generally weaker and their gun characters took a hit with the Finn nerf.

    All the dark side needs to do is run around in a pack of 4, choking, freezing and electrocuting anybody in their path.

    lightside is not at disadvantage han lando and finn are all great shooters for lightside. finn is still decent even after nerf I get top of board in hvv with him all the time with han and lando aswell. luke does suck and yoda can be good if the person playing him knows how to play him. Rey is the best lightside jedi by far. Chewie just breaks the balance tho I only play him when my team sucks and I need to carry team cause its super easy to do with him just shock and shoot shock and shoot its stupid.
  • csmason85 wrote: »
    tts42572 wrote: »
    Stop with the nerf chewy stuff.

    The rebels are already at a huge disadvantage if you ask me. The saber characters are generally weaker and their gun characters took a hit with the Finn nerf.

    All the dark side needs to do is run around in a pack of 4, choking, freezing and electrocuting anybody in their path.

    lightside is not at disadvantage han lando and finn are all great shooters for lightside. finn is still decent even after nerf I get top of board in hvv with him all the time with han and lando aswell. luke does suck and yoda can be good if the person playing him knows how to play him. Rey is the best lightside jedi by far. Chewie just breaks the balance tho I only play him when my team sucks and I need to carry team cause its super easy to do with him just shock and shoot shock and shoot its ****.

    Yeah dark side heros are all better than all lightside heros. Literally.
  • Having read all comments on nerf chewbaca I agree, I used the emperor in many games and was killed with 3 shots from chewbaca from a distance.
    The problem here is short range vs long range weapons, the emporer does not even have a defence like in bf1. Also defence with light sabres seems poor.

    There is also a problem with the movement speed of characters, vader is still a sloth in this regard.
    As for rey's ability to basically disrupt control of opponents this needs to be reduced, game play is bad enough already.

    The game needs a more equal balance of weapons and defence of all characters, perhaps a hero and villian of the day with increased ability.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    Short range vs long range isn't really an issue.

    If you only have short range attacks and don't use cover, you deserve to get gunned down.

    Why teams of lightsaber users love to go to the most open part of the map vs blaster heroes is one of life's great mysteries. I don't think they even know why they lose every time.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png



  • Short range vs long range not an issue for gun users, especially given poor defence capabilities.

    You have highlighed my point, the time it takes to approach and use short range weapons leaves you vulnerable.

    Light sabre users can not sit behind cover as cover is usless when you have guns either side,
    I would suppect most light sabre players are looking for a light sabre battle.

  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    xeriphin wrote: »
    Short range vs long range not an issue for gun users, especially given poor defence capabilities.

    You have highlighed my point, the time it takes to approach and use short range weapons leaves you vulnerable.

    Light sabre users can not sit behind cover as cover is usless when you have guns either side,
    I would suppect most light sabre players are looking for a light sabre battle.

    That is why I want a way to 1v1 duel.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Admittedly it's the most wonderful feeling ever when your sentry droid is place in such a way that Chewie can't get in to shoot at it without being in shock range. And if that happens, Staff Strikes will make short work of him.

    ...Then again, few people, let alone teams, understand to take advantage of Phasma's lock-down nature.

    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Bfloo, 1 vs 1 was available on bf1, I agree with you it should be available on bf2.
    I do not find it enjoyable to play when multiple player's go after one.

    KresusFIN, nerf chewbaca yes or no?
    As emperor I have been frozen and shot and killed by chewbaca in 2 seconds, and i have jumped off a building and been shot and killed by chewbaca before I hit the ground.
  • They really have to nerf emperor and chewie asap...Even started to play this game less and less its become allmost like a boring game...This game is dieing...
  • Game still dieing
  • Becouse Chewie is worth it!
    p4xdh819nvza.jpg
  • NERF CHEWIE
    l5yu1jryaecc.jpg
  • All characters in h vs v need to be reavaluated on their weapons/movement . Finn and bossk seem to be the only character's I belive have the right balance.

    No character should disrupt another players controls for for more than a second, the reason for this is that you are curently killed while frozen or controls disrupted.


    Bf2 has lost its way, bf1 emperor used one control to use Lightning other to defend, Vader could use choke and reduce opponents life.
    BF2 NOW YOU NEED STARCARDS.

    The simplicity of bf1 has been lost, but not the annoyance of mismatched characters.
  • Crying for chewy to get nerfed lul

    get good.
  • Zexiel
    129 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Crying for chewy to get nerfed lul

    get good.

    Silence your self before i destroy you in this game...You do not know the power of the dark side...
    Post edited by Zexiel on
  • Yes PLEASE nerf Chewbacca. He is ruining so many HvsV games. Takes the fun out of them.
  • 1oosid3vhuxx.png

    Because if your team cannot defeat a Chewbacca while he's helplessly suspended in the air, dare I say it, it's your team, not your opposition.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!