criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

⦗General Hera Syndulla / Hero Concept⦘

This is another one of my fantastical Hero concept threads, I made this because I like this character and she would be very cool to play in this current iteration of battlefront.
I'd like if people but their bias's against the rebels series aside and had a decent discussion about this character without bashing the TV show, that'll just lead us no where.
I formed this from Hera's lore in the star wars canon and from various inputs from friends.
Sense this is a hero concept, things are subject to change and will evolve later on in the future, as do all concepts.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hera Syndulla is a Twi’lek General in the Rebellion and natural pilot. She has led the ghost crew on many battles alongside Spectre-1, although she has suffered losses in the past she is able to keep a level head and adept to the situation at hand.
She still continued to inspire all of those around her, becoming a valuable asset to the rebel alliance.
She’s quite capable with her Blurgg-1120 blaster pistol and she has her grumpy buddy Chopper to help her out whenever she needs to stir up trouble. She brings out the best in her squad wherever possible, making them believe in themselves to take down the forces of evil.

⦗ BE UPLIFTING, BE HERA ⦘
latest?cb=20171218114858

Base Health: 550
Health Regen: 150
Primary Weapon: Blurgg-1120 Holdout Blaster developed by Eirriss Ryloth Defense Tech / It fires about as comfortably as Leia's defender pistol but in quick a 3 round burst that fires about quick as Lando's X-8 Night Sniper. It can fire a maximum of 15 shots before overheating. It basically works like the A280 for the assault class but it fires faster.
It remains as accurate as the Blurgg for the Officer class has and each laser bolt deals 25 damage, head shots deal 55 damage.
Whenever she aims down the sights of her blaster, both of her hands are gripped on the gun, sort of like how in the last game your DH-17 was always in 1 hand in multiplayer but was held with 2 hands by the AI in the missions at all times.

These are star cards that don't require the activation of an ability to be effective.
⦗Passive Star Cards⦘

Strong Will: Hera's base health is increased
[40 / 80 / 120 / 150]

Freedom Fighter: Her blaster does more damage and now can fire even more shots before overheating.
[6 / 9 / 12 / 15] ~ Extra blaster damage
[2 / 4 / 6 / 7] ~ Extra shots fired

Devoted Leadership: Each headshot on an enemy decreases the cool downs on all of Hera's abilities
[1% / 3% / 5% / 6%]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SIGNATURE ABILITY (L1+R1/LB+RB) / 30s CD / Phoenix Leader: Hera uses her uplifting soul and natural leadership skills to aid the healing capabilities of every ally within a radius, giving them the confidence they need to get through the battle.

As you can tell if you've played starfighter assault, this ability plays out very similarly to Tallie Lintra’s heal ability.
At a default, she will deploy an AOE healing field around her wherever she goes (Kinda like Finn) and she heals her team mates for 200 health over the course of 4 seconds as long as they are within a 7 meter radius.

⦗Star Cards⦘

Uplifting spirit: Hera can now grant even more heals while PHOENIX LEADER is active
[50 / 100 / 150 / 200] ~ Extra heals
[1 / 2 / 3 / 4] ~ Extra seconds added onto the ability

Rise Together: If Hera has 2 or more allies in the AOE heal, the radius of PHOENIX LEADER will increase
[2% / 4% / 5% / 7% increased radius]

Allegiance: If Hera affects 3 allies or more for at least 2 seconds, then the cool down for the next PHOENIX LEADER is decreased
[10% / 20% / 30% / 40% Decreased cooldown]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ABILITY (L1/LB) / 18s CD / Outwitting Burst: Hera will put in a highly volatile energy cell cartridge given to her by Sabine into her Blurgg blaster pistol that allows her to inaccurately fire a relentless barrage of explosive laser bolts, dealing a high amount of damage for a duration of 3 seconds without star cards.

This basically works like a combined version of the Super Charge Sentry and Laser Barrage the starfighters have.
It fires explosive laser rounds that look extremely energized with an orange color to it.
She remains in place while it's active like Han's Sharpshooter ability, and she holds the blaster straight forward with both hands fire blazing from the vents just to let you know that she's activated it.
Similar to how Finn moves his hands with his Deadeye or Lando making a smooth pose with his Sharp Shot.
When done firing, the Cartridge will clip out on it's own and Hera puts a fresh energy cell right back in her gun, this last for a grand total of 1 second.

⦗Star Cards⦘

Rebel Operative: Outwitting Surge now last a longer duration when activated
[1 / 2 / 2.50 / 3 Seconds]

Inspiring Hope: Whenever Hera eliminates enemies with Outwitting Surge she gains more time to have it active
[.50 / 1 / 1.50 / 2 Seconds]

ABILITY (R1/RB) / 25s CD / Back Up Plan: Hera places down the droid C1-10P, but you can just call him Chopper, and he stills sounds just as grumpy and filled with joy as he's ever been.
He can fly around & smack people with his arm extensions, or he can go in wheel mode and can shoot electric stuns at enemies one by one with his Electro shock prod.
He shocks people every 2 seconds and stuns them for 1 second whilst dealing 50 damage in a very small radius, much like Idens stun droid. If the enemy is a Sith Lord then every 4th stun will give them a stun lock as if they had a light saber block.
If he has his rocket boosters active then he will rapidly swing at his opponents with his arm extensions and stun them for 1 second whilst dealing 9 damage in total from 3 swings. He can go on a swinging spree every 3 seconds on a maximum of 4 enemies.

Chopper is equipped with 650 health at a default and moves around like Krennic's C2-B5 droid from the Rouge One DLC in Battlefront2015 and he will follow Hera wherever she goes.

He has 2 distinct modes, Patrol and Defend, Patrol allows him to roam the map freely looking for an enemy to butcher or annoy, and Defend lets him follow Hera or just be in her general vicinity at all times. Hera can switch between the modes by holding the Melee button on Chopper at any range for 2 seconds.

Hera can pick up Chopper at any time and anywhere if she aims her reticle directly on him and presses the (O / X) buttons, this takes about 4 seconds to complete. If you're successful in getting chopper back he will disappear like a force ghost (Like the heroes in BF2015) and that will commence a 15s cool down in your kit instead of the regular 25 seconds for the ability.

Hera has trait similar to Nien Nunb's turret and Iden Versio's ID-10 seeker unit in the campaign. Whenever Hera earns score of any kind, she can build up her trait bar for Chopper to charge up his rocket booster so he can start flying around and hitting people with his arm extensions, it's only able to gradually build up if Chopper has already been deployed. It takes 1500 score to fill it up in Galactic Assault, and 2000 in Heroes versus Villains.
This trait makes him much more effective now that his DPS is higher and a much harder to hit because of his rocket booster.

"I may have gone a bit too far in a few places." ~ George Lucas

⦗Star Cards⦘

Tech Savvy: Chopper's trait fills up faster when you earn score
[5% / 10% / 15% / 20%]

Droid Conduits: Chopper can now stun enemies for a longer duration with his Electro Shock and Arm swings
[.25 / .50 / .75 / 1 second] (Electro stuns and Swings)

Here's a few emotes she could have.

“If all you do is fight your own life then your life is worth nothing.”
“We have hope that things will get better, and they will.”
“Hope is the reason we are going to win.”
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Replies

• Honestly her abilities are very lackluster and same as many other heroes.

Blaster heroes like her, who are not known for their amazing killing talents should be more support focused, buffing allies speed, ally recharge rate, even HP buffs like regular officers but passivelly in a radius. They should be able to call airstrikes and boost morale of their troops instead of camping near doors and shooting whats left or right
  • Very well done! Not a huge fan of Hera, but I like the detailed post. If you made one of these for force ghost Yoda, you'd easily be the coolest user on this forum and I'd be sure to link it in my signature. ;)
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Very well done! Not a huge fan of Hera, but I like the detailed post. If you made one of these for force ghost Yoda, you'd easily be the coolest user on this forum and I'd be sure to link it in my signature. ;)

Hahaha, I'll consider it, thanks for the idea.
    But first I'm going to need more info on him than
    Conjuring a lightning bolt out of the sky
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• RouG wrote: »
    Honestly her abilities are very lackluster and same as many other heroes.

Blaster heroes like her, who are not known for their amazing killing talents should be more support focused, buffing allies speed, ally recharge rate, even HP buffs like regular officers but passivelly in a radius. They should be able to call airstrikes and boost morale of their troops instead of camping near doors and shooting whats left or right

Honestly, I think this is the dead end for support heroes, what is there really left?
    Finn already fills a TON of support roles with his Big deal alone giving faster card regens / damage resistance / infinite gun cooling AND extra armor! That's almost literally every officer ability bundled up all in one place!
    As well as who Yoda gives the entire team Armor.
    An AOE healing ability is the only thing that's really left for a support hero in this game. After that it's just raw tanking and DPS, which I'm fine with tbh.
    But this is as unique I could make Hera, honestly I think an AOE heal fits in very well with her character.
    Do you have any better ideas? Seriously I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
    I want Hera to be as much of a support as the next guy.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Props for thorough and well thought-out hero concept

Thanks for the support. :sunglasses:

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Very nice concept, liked your Sabine one as well.
  • Very nice concept, liked your Sabine one as well.

I'm gonna make more :wink:

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    RouG wrote: »

Honestly, I think this is the dead end for support heroes, what is there really left?
    Finn already fills a TON of support roles with his Big deal alone giving faster card regens / damage resistance / infinite gun cooling AND extra armor! That's almost literally every officer ability bundled up all in one place!
    An AOE healing ability is the only thing that's really left for a support hero in this game. After that it's just raw tanking and DPS, which I'm fine with tbh.
    But this is as unique I could make Hera, honestly I think an AOE heal fits in very well with her character.
    Do you have any better ideas? Seriously I'd really like to hear what you have to say.

Hey, I completely get you, basically you make hera fit in the current heroes, almost all of which are all-rounded heroes. It's very hard to design each hero uniquely and have many of them, especially when the frame has already been set up.
    What I would actually suggest for you to make (obviously you enjoy making them, spirit of a game designer). Are hero overhauls, make all of them unique and to your liking, and who knows maybe this version of hera will also be unique there.

Right now there are blaster and saber heroes, when instead there can be many more classes, focused on tanking, flanking/infiltration, busting chokepoints and etc.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Very well done! Not a huge fan of Hera, but I like the detailed post. If you made one of these for force ghost Yoda, you'd easily be the coolest user on this forum and I'd be sure to link it in my signature. ;)

Force ghosts are invincible. Force ghosts yoda couldn’t be defeated so he would simply walk around the map taunting the other players with quotes.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5918158
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Very well done! Not a huge fan of Hera, but I like the detailed post. If you made one of these for force ghost Yoda, you'd easily be the coolest user on this forum and I'd be sure to link it in my signature. ;)

Force ghosts are invincible. Force ghosts yoda couldn’t be defeated so he would simply walk around the map taunting the other players with quotes.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5918158
    Yes! His middle ability can summon lightning, he can hit people with his cane for a limited time and inspire nearby allies with wise words as his third ability. Or maybe the cane should be his basic attack? Maybe his third ability can let him do extra emotes or something. :)
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • RouG wrote: »
    RouG wrote: »

Hey, I completely get you, basically you make hera fit in the current heroes, almost all of which are all-rounded heroes. It's very hard to design each hero uniquely and have many of them, especially when the frame has already been set up.
    What I would actually suggest for you to make (obviously you enjoy making them, spirit of a game designer). Are hero overhauls, make all of them unique and to your liking, and who knows maybe this version of hera will also be unique there.

Right now there are blaster and saber heroes, when instead there can be many more classes, focused on tanking, flanking/infiltration, busting chokepoints and etc.

Yeah that makes sense. But with the direction this game is going, it looks like their just going to continue making all rounder heroes with the hard core roles that Overwatch gives out.
    In that game theirs actually meaning to who you pick, and everyone fills a specific purpose compared to in this game where your at a complete disadvantage when you play Kylo Ren as opposed to someone as powerful as Maul when they both fill the same role.
    These battlefront games are too casual to have actual roles in their hero play right now, and I don't think I'm capable enough to drastically change how the game plays without disappointing the casual audience these games have had.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Very nice concept, liked your Sabine one as well.

I'm guessing it's Kanan?
    Very nice concept, liked your Sabine one as well.

I'm guessing it's Kanan?

Already did that one.
    Honestly it's really just a mess, I wish I didn't rush it out and took my time with it. I just added abilities here and there and it was spread out across a whole bunch of pages. I learned from that and decided to make the entire base line of the abilities all in the topic (like this thread) making it easier to understand what I was trying to do.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76130/hear-me-out-kanan-jarrus-s-hero-concept-also-a-thank-you-to-the-dev-s#latest

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Sounds great. :smiley: An interesting hero concept for an interesting character.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • While I like the show and Hera is a fairly cool character, there’s a few just from that show I would rather have as a ground hero. Would be cooler to see her in the Ghost for Star Fighter Assault taking on the Inquisitors Tie Advanced prototype.

But this was a very nicely detailed concept here, great job! It’s refreshing to read posts like this, versus the whining rants we used to see about Ani.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Wel done, def want to see her
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Wel done, def want to see her

Thanks for the support!

aakkhwbkosde.gif