criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Official statement to modding?

Hi there!
Since I had a small break in playing Battlefront since christmass, I totally missed the informations about modding.
I just saw that there are more and more mods available to use in arcade.

My question is, what is the current statement from EA/DICE to the mods?

Is it safe to use them? Or are they causing any technical issues withing the game?

As far as I know, they are only available in offline arcade game. (actually I'm happy about that, because I don't want to see that already present pink Vader roaming arount)

I saw that modders already recreated almost every multiplayer game mode and map for offline play in arcade? That was fast. Why wasn't this a thing already in the 1st place as a feature in the game?

So is anyone using here any mods? What are the experiences?

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3244 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Modding is not allowed as per ToS. Will anyone know if you are using custom skins or mods offlines... nope*.

With that said. We know how little they do with cheaters...

*a screenshot by fairfight could show but yeaaah
  • gpl7vfg8wt701.png

5char
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    Thanks guys. That means the mods I'm interested in - all game modes and maps from multiplayer also playable offline - is not just a visual mod, so it can cause issues :( :D

(but dunno why DICE isn't adding this function to the base game....as it seem, even modders can manage to make them in such a short time)
  • IronSoldier
    3244 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Nihil wrote: »
    Thanks guys. That means the mods I'm interested in - all game modes and maps from multiplayer also playable offline - is not just a visual mod, so it can cause issues :( :D

(but dunno why DICE isn't adding this function to the base game....as it seem, even modders can manage to make them in such a short time)

No one will know if you don't say anything. Much like your car dealer won't know you have modded the engine after buying it unless they inspect it. In this case no one will be inspecting your offline stuff ;)
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member

They don't care about Mods done Offline and they couldn't even track that

As long as a Mod doesn't change a MP Stat such as Damage or Fire-Rate and isn't used in MP you can do whatever you want in Arcade
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member

More interestingly, someone made a mod for GA offline? How did they make vehicle and starfighter AI?
  • gpl7vfg8wt701.png

5char

This comment has since been deleted (updated!)

So can we do lighting mods?