criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

GA Imbalanced Score Distribution

Strafe runners in ships picking off players while in the sky (by far the worst and useless players in GA), and players in vehicles picking off players at a distance (second worst) should not receive high score points as they currently do.

Being in a ship or vehicle with its firepower and armour as well as flight or height is already an advantage, therefore the counter should be minimal score per kill (not too minimal that people don't want to play them as they should be seen and used on the battlefield). The worst part is that they're not even playing the objective yet are soaking up a ridiculous score above everyone else which basically serves as a shortcut to gaining a hero quicker. This makes GA imbalanced and flawed, basically spoiling an otherwise great game mode - especially for those that are playing the objective and are in the middle of the combat. Sort this out ASAP, Dice.

Also, sheev's abilities going through walls is obviously ridiculous and needs to be fixed in the next patch, which is something a million people have already addressed.

Surely a lot of people can understand where I'm coming from?
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies


  • Surely a lot of people can understand where I'm coming from?

    Well, I know you are from Naboo originally as you started your career in politics as their senator: however, I wouldn't claim to understand where you are coming from without visiting myself, and being from the Outer Rim, I doubt it is possible!
  • Sorry but can’t see where you’re coming from at all.
  • I thought they did reduce points earned in vehicles because of the BP reduce some things like the AT-ST.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Sorry but can’t see where you’re coming from at all.

    You're either never anywhere near close to the top of the scoreboard bacause you're too busy crying over the fact that you need to use something else since your previous scs has been nerfed, or you abuse strafe-running / vehicle camping as your only means of gaining points #takeaseat
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Sorry but you’re wrong on every count and you’re the one here complaining, not me. Feel free to peruse my threads to see if I’ve ever complained about balance in the game.

    Usually the folks who do are the ones who find themselves at the bottom of the leaderboard and feel the need to complain. You’re that guy based upon all the comments I see coming from you.

    I also haven’t complained about SCS nor has it stopped me from winning matches.
  • 1_Rep_Max
    535 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I don’t take much video but here’s some of my gameplay toolbag.

    Not using heavy (or SCS), a hero in just over 2 minutes and a match that ends in 4.5 minutes because of my gameplay. I don’t give a toss what you think or the insults you toss around, you’re an ignorant fool which is more than apparent in every one of your posts.

    Removed - Insulting

    Post edited by EA_DarDar on
  • Strafe runners in ships picking off players while in the sky (by far the worst and useless players in GA), and players in vehicles picking off players at a distance (second worst) should not receive high score points as they currently do.

    Being in a ship or vehicle with its firepower and armour as well as flight or height is already an advantage, therefore the counter should be minimal score per kill (not too minimal that people don't want to play them as they should be seen and used on the battlefield). The worst part is that they're not even playing the objective yet are soaking up a ridiculous score above everyone else which basically serves as a shortcut to gaining a hero quicker. This makes GA imbalanced and flawed, basically spoiling an otherwise great game mode - especially for those that are playing the objective and are in the middle of the combat. Sort this out ASAP, Dice.

    Also, sheev's abilities going through walls is obviously ridiculous and needs to be fixed in the next patch, which is something a million people have already addressed.

    Surely a lot of people can understand where I'm coming from?

    So you want more nerfs?..
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Git gud :D
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Sorry but you’re wrong on every count and you’re the one here complaining, not me. Feel free to peruse my threads to see if I’ve ever complained about balance in the game.

    Usually the folks who do are the ones who find themselves at the bottom of the leaderboard and feel the need to complain. You’re that guy based upon all the comments I see coming from you.

    I also haven’t complained about SCS nor has it stopped me from winning matches.

    When you're playing objectives and killing players and are within the top 3 on your team only to see scrubs in a ship or vehicle the first third or half of the round with stupid score points then it's time for it to be fixed, simple as that. You'd know if you actually played good enough to be towards the top, which evidently doesn't happen to you. Believe me, I ain't surprised there, junior.

    Once again you've contributed nothing, which is expected from a scs princess. Try reading though my discussions for inspiration on actually bringing up a reasonable topic. Then again, you'd actually have to know how to play good first to understand.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Sorry but you’re wrong on every count and you’re the one here complaining, not me. Feel free to peruse my threads to see if I’ve ever complained about balance in the game.

    Usually the folks who do are the ones who find themselves at the bottom of the leaderboard and feel the need to complain. You’re that guy based upon all the comments I see coming from you.

    I also haven’t complained about SCS nor has it stopped me from winning matches.

    When you're playing objectives and killing players and are within the top 3 on your team only to see scrubs in a ship or vehicle the first third or half of the round with **** score points then it's time for it to be fixed, simple as that. You'd know if you actually played good enough to be towards the top, which evidently doesn't happen to you. Believe me, I ain't surprised there, junior.

    Once again you've contributed nothing, which is expected from a scs princess. Try reading though my discussions for inspiration on actually bringing up a reasonable topic. Then again, you'd actually have to know how to play good first to understand.

    so more nerfs you suggest? combined w personal insults?
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • 1_Rep_Max
    535 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Sorry but you’re wrong on every count and you’re the one here complaining, not me. Feel free to peruse my threads to see if I’ve ever complained about balance in the game.

    Usually the folks who do are the ones who find themselves at the bottom of the leaderboard and feel the need to complain. You’re that guy based upon all the comments I see coming from you.

    I also haven’t complained about SCS nor has it stopped me from winning matches.

    When you're playing objectives and killing players and are within the top 3 on your team only to see scrubs in a ship or vehicle the first third or half of the round with **** score points then it's time for it to be fixed, simple as that. You'd know if you actually played good enough to be towards the top, which evidently doesn't happen to you. Believe me, I ain't surprised there, junior.

    Once again you've contributed nothing, which is expected from a scs princess. Try reading though my discussions for inspiration on actually bringing up a reasonable topic. Then again, you'd actually have to know how to play good first to understand.

    Here’s a challenge for you.

    Post a video of yourself getting to the top position making strafing runs using any ship of your choosing. Once you have the skill to pick off players running around the ground and have a video to prove it we’ll believe your opinions have merit.

    Until then you’re nothing but a whiner and a complainer, at least that’s how you always come across.
    Post edited by EA_DarDar on
  • You'd know if you actually played good enough to be towards the top, which evidently doesn't happen to you. Believe me, I ain't surprised there, junior.

    Junior? Lol, you haven’t aged well if that’s your pic in your avatar.

    We’ve already established that you have reading comprehension skills, apparently you can’t decipher video either when it’s right in front of your nose.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    This is such an ignorant statement @UNLIMITED_P0WER that it’s really not worth replying to.
    OP raised a viable point around the anti vehicle role SCS used to play and the fact there is now no class that can do this role. I won’t even touch on the point around how assault characters rely on vanguard for the same type of cheap kills.
    Immediately following the patch I donned an epic health regen and epic damage reduction to my armor class and went into Crait as FO.
    I was able to rack up 65 kills before phase II completed because I was basically uncontested. So what’s next? Devs nerf vehicles because they’re too powerful? If they do that, what’s next on the list of unintended consequences? The game feels boooooring post patch and I main officer but used to play heavy for anti vehicle on certain maps. Now I’ll no longer touch it and if this keeps up I won’t continue to touch the game.

    This was said by you in a reply on the SCS. Just wanted to throw this in here.

    Just letting you know that I didn't waste my time reading whatever this is because I'm #1337

    Read the edit, this was said by Rep 1 max about how SCS is no longer able to stop vehicles.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Perhaps it's best to get the mods to handle this before it gets anymore out of hand.
    @XXXO77O4906
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Perhaps it's best to get the mods to handle this before it gets anymore out of hand.
    @XXXO77O4906

    Maybe it is.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • The vehicle spamming abuse is a reasonable and undeniable point to anyone that has played the game with length. We’ve all encountered one person that literally spams vehicles on the outdoor phases then spams heroes on the indoor phase and continues to do so game after game.
  • Waterz wrote: »
    The vehicle spamming abuse is a reasonable and undeniable point to anyone that has played the game with length. We’ve all encountered one person that literally spams vehicles on the outdoor phases then spams heroes on the indoor phase and continues to do so game after game.

    Eyyyy, finally someone acknowledges something that's clearly prominent in the game
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Hrafn_Fel wrote: »
    All this denial just proves my point in my opening comment #GITGUD #takeaseat

    Do You do anything but troll?

    Yeah try actually reading my discussions before commenting next time #scrub

    Oh unfortunately I did so you can surely understand where I'm coming from
  • Everyone can at least agree that it takes much less skill to rack up battlepoints in a vehicle than as infantry. IMO it should be the other way around. Maybe this will balance itself out when (if) they add more vehicle counters, but if not they should definitely consider lowering the BP gained in vehicles.
  • What, are we supposed to be punished for using vehicles? During my last Galactic Assault match on Kashyyyk I was in a Y-Wing the whole time, and I was supporting my teammates and playing the objective.

    We got the MTTs down to 18% health thanks to myself and another player using an ARC-170, and we also supported the guys using the ION Disruptors by blowing up the enemy team's AATs. Because of the two of us providing air support, our team was able to hold off the droids and win the game in the 2nd phase. Should we be penalized for that?
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • bf2pro wrote: »
    Everyone can at least agree that it takes much less skill to rack up battlepoints in a vehicle than as infantry. IMO it should be the other way around. Maybe this will balance itself out when (if) they add more vehicle counters, but if not they should definitely consider lowering the BP gained in vehicles.

    Another reasonable reply, finally
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • What, are we supposed to be punished for using vehicles? During my last Galactic Assault match on Kashyyyk I was in a Y-Wing the whole time, and I was supporting my teammates and playing the objective.

    We got the MTTs down to 18% health thanks to myself and another player using an ARC-170, and we also supported the guys using the ION Disruptors by blowing up the enemy team's AATs. Because of the two of us providing air support, our team was able to hold off the droids and win the game in the 2nd phase. Should we be penalized for that?

    You obviously haven't read any of my comments...
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • UNLIMITED_P0WER
    3943 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    bf2pro wrote: »
    Everyone can at least agree that it takes much less skill to rack up battlepoints in a vehicle than as infantry. IMO it should be the other way around. Maybe this will balance itself out when (if) they add more vehicle counters, but if not they should definitely consider lowering the BP gained in vehicles.

    Lower both battlepoints and score points gained for when in ground vehicles and ships, considering they're already a big advantage compared to infantry
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It’s not that bad but it could use a tweak
  • I don't care if not everyone agrees with me, it's those that are denying this issue and pretending not to acknowledge this obvious flaw that are wrong because they clearly don't want it to change as that's their only way of actually getting anywhere due to abusing it. And I guarantee those people wouldn't be good at any other game mode as it isn't prevalent anywhere else
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I think the issue is you are trying to get your point across by bashing others without reason. I, for one, can get points whether or not I’m in a vehicle, and I’m decent on all game modes. I know you’re also a decent player, so I don’t rly know why vehicle mechanics bother you so much. This isn’t exactly a competitive game, there are no leaderboards or rankings.
    Still, if you think point returns from vehicles, which btw were nerfed twice in a row, are still too high, that is your opinion. But I recommend trying to convey your message in a more constructive way. Usually, when someone starts making personal attacks, their credibility starts to falter, because it means they’ve run out of logical arguments. After all, why would you expect everyone to try understanding your point of view, if you aren’t willing to listen to their arguments without resorting to insults?

    Food for thought.
    NeoX
  • Strafe runners in ships picking off players while in the sky (by far the worst and useless players in GA), and players in vehicles picking off players at a distance (second worst) should not receive high score points as they currently do.

    Being in a ship or vehicle with its firepower and armour as well as flight or height is already an advantage, therefore the counter should be minimal score per kill (not too minimal that people don't want to play them as they should be seen and used on the battlefield). The worst part is that they're not even playing the objective yet are soaking up a ridiculous score above everyone else which basically serves as a shortcut to gaining a hero quicker. This makes GA imbalanced and flawed, basically spoiling an otherwise great game mode - especially for those that are playing the objective and are in the middle of the combat. Sort this out ASAP, Dice.

    Also, sheev's abilities going through walls is obviously ridiculous and needs to be fixed in the next patch, which is something a million people have already addressed.

    Surely a lot of people can understand where I'm coming from?

    Sorry but coming from a "useless player in GA" I'd have to disagree.

    1)i do play the objective while in the air
    2)I do help the team by destroying every tank I can see reducing the frustration of my team mates
    3)i help bring down the walkers and mtt's(normally don't like to first phase)
    4)we help a lot more than you think we do up there
    5)because of 1-4 we are generally on top of the leaderboard

    Any questions?

  • Strafe runners in ships picking off players while in the sky (by far the worst and useless players in GA), and players in vehicles picking off players at a distance (second worst) should not receive high score points as they currently do.

    Being in a ship or vehicle with its firepower and armour as well as flight or height is already an advantage, therefore the counter should be minimal score per kill (not too minimal that people don't want to play them as they should be seen and used on the battlefield). The worst part is that they're not even playing the objective yet are soaking up a ridiculous score above everyone else which basically serves as a shortcut to gaining a hero quicker. This makes GA imbalanced and flawed, basically spoiling an otherwise great game mode - especially for those that are playing the objective and are in the middle of the combat. Sort this out ASAP, Dice.

    Also, sheev's abilities going through walls is obviously ridiculous and needs to be fixed in the next patch, which is something a million people have already addressed.

    Surely a lot of people can understand where I'm coming from?

    Sorry but coming from a "useless player in GA" I'd have to disagree.

    1)i do play the objective while in the air
    2)I do help the team by destroying every tank I can see reducing the frustration of my team mates
    3)i help bring down the walkers and mtt's(normally don't like to first phase)
    4)we help a lot more than you think we do up there
    5)because of 1-4 we are generally on top of the leaderboard

    Any questions?

    Then you woke up.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Whats going on in here? Lol
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whats going on in here? Lol
    *Hands you popcorn* Just another internet fight.

    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g


    How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide


    General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda


    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"


    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."


    giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

    Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Sorry for not being a scrub and telling it how it is. Really sorry. So, so sorry. My apologies. I hope those in denial are okay and will recover. My heart goes out to you.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    I don’t take much video but here’s some of my gameplay toolbag.

    Not using heavy (or SCS), a hero in just over 2 minutes and a match that ends in 4.5 minutes because of my gameplay. I don’t give a toss what you think or the insults you toss around, you’re an ignorant fool which is more than apparent in every one of your posts.

    Go cry a little more about everyone else and how it’s unfair how they rack up high scores.


    Wow that's impressive !
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Sorry but you’re wrong on every count and you’re the one here complaining, not me. Feel free to peruse my threads to see if I’ve ever complained about balance in the game.

    Usually the folks who do are the ones who find themselves at the bottom of the leaderboard and feel the need to complain. You’re that guy based upon all the comments I see coming from you.

    I also haven’t complained about SCS nor has it stopped me from winning matches.

    When you're playing objectives and killing players and are within the top 3 on your team only to see scrubs in a ship or vehicle the first third or half of the round with **** score points then it's time for it to be fixed, simple as that. You'd know if you actually played good enough to be towards the top, which evidently doesn't happen to you. Believe me, I ain't surprised there, junior.

    Once again you've contributed nothing, which is expected from a scs princess. Try reading though my discussions for inspiration on actually bringing up a reasonable topic. Then again, you'd actually have to know how to play good first to understand.

    Here’s a challenge for you toolbag.

    Post a video of yourself getting to the top position making strafing runs using any ship of your choosing. Once you have the skill to pick off players running around the ground and have a video to prove it we’ll believe your opinions have merit.

    Until then you’re nothing but a whiner and a complainer, at least that’s how you always come across.

    Look out, he's posted a video, he must be good. I don't need to post a video to prove anything as I'm already good. Once again, you wouldn't understand that perspective. Picking off players in the sky or with a ground vehicle is the easiest way to kill with no skill. It shouldn't reward a overly high amount of points.

    The more you deny all of this the more you're proving exactly the type of scrub player you are, hahahaaha, you honestly make me laugh rookie.

    Then do it, show us how easy it is mr awesome. The gauntlet has been thrown down, the challenge is at your feet.

    Put up or shut up. Simple.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!