criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Palpatine

Prev1
So besides palpatine"s ability to shoot lightening through walls, which needs to be fixed, do you think he needs an actual nerf?

Replies

• Poe_Dameron123
    1 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Gross360 wrote: »
    So besides palpatine"s ability to shoot lightening through walls, which needs to be fixed, do you think he needs an actual nerf?

I think he should be able to block blaster shots, like in the first battlefront
  • Just the through walls thing. Maybe blocking blaster shots too.

No more than that though. He's not that strong in HVV already if you ask me.

The walls thing is the biggest problem IMO.
  • thelasteverjedi
    751 posts Member
    edited January 22
    there's nothing wrong with anything, just stop messing around with the game!
    why is it when people figure out how to use something well, upgrade it, it gets nerfed.
    then some people complain about something, it also gets nerfed.
    when usain bolt beats everyone did everyone complain that usain was too tall and he should be modified with shorter legs?
    what they need to fix is the **** lag.
    I have a 1ms ping to my ISP. and 44ms ping to server.
    but I die AFTER I duck into cover.
    my screen shows me killing someone who dies, but I am the one that dies on the server.
    I'm not saying I am good, but this sort of thing shouldn't happen.
  • He needs less health and he needs to deal less damage.
    I like my blue milk cold.
  • He needs a nerf his bolts shoot so far i found myself getting killed from the other side of the map?!
  • He needs a nerf his bolts shoot so far i found myself getting killed from the other side of the map?!

yeah with upgrades, but darth maul is very good once you upgrade him too.
  • there's nothing wrong with anything, just stop messing around with the game!
    why is it when people figure out how to use something well, upgrade it, it gets nerfed.
    when usain bolt beats everyone did everyone complain that usain was too tall and he should be modified with shorter legs?
    my screen shows me killing someone who dies, but I am the one that dies on the server.

not asking for a nerf. As someone who uses him a lot I dont want a nerf but i do think the lightening through walls needs to be fixed as it is a glitch in the game
  • He needs less health and he needs to deal less damage.

• Ahkmed7
    71 posts Member
    edited January 27
    They just need to stop the through the walls stuff, that's really all (IMO)
    Post edited by Ahkmed7 on
  • Needs a buff.

The end.
    I like my blue milk cold.
  • Just maybe a bit reducing on his health regeneration. The speed or the amount.
    Battlefront II has a 33.1% chance of success.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Just maybe a bit reducing on his health regeneration. The speed or the amount.

How about the chain lightning has to actually kill instead of just land in order to get the health return. That would be a slight nerf that might balance him out a little.
  • There's nothing wrong with his abilities or damage output. Theyre perfectly balanced. His wall hacks need to be fixed, after that i think you'll find much more dead palpatines as they'll have to expose themselves to damage far more often.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • You mean, only H&V characters?

Phasma's staff of command last strike milestone.
    Phasma's LOS
    Phasma's thermal reticule/actual hits
    Phasma's zoom reticule/actual hits
    Finn not locking on with Dead-Eye
    Vader's choke disabling enemies abilities, permantently or until other enemy than Palpatine "holds" (Maul's Choke, Kylo's Freeze or Push)
    Vader's choke active after Vader is defeated
    Palpatine's constant lighting strike damage on some heroes
    Palpatine's strikes --all of them-- permantently disabling sprint/jump, or other abilities
    Boosk's regeneration with toxic grenade not regenerating Boosk, damaging him, actually.
    Leia's homing shot through solid objects (but not walls, only allied vehicles, allied non-hero characters, and some other stuff --parked starships, etc--).
    Yoda's and Rey's "paralizing" effects with no effect on enemies, even if they are not rolling or at defensive position.
    All hero's abilities doing damage or having effect over both heroes and non-heroes enemies when those enemies are rolling or at defensive position.
    Yeah, the last two happen because hacks are there, so, hacks/cheats/abusing the system should be stopped.
    Abusing the system includes idling: players proven as idling should be banned, too.
    I can continue with the list, but, I reached the part I wanted to strongly state. But there are a lot of "glitches" not listed here.
    And, of course, the unreachable spots should result on death for any hero on them, not on a hero doing nothing for the rest of the match but becoming an unreachable target.
  • Dgulle01
    216 posts Member
    edited January 28
    Not sure how he is in HvsV but in GA I agree that the wall hack needs to be fixed maybe a slight adjustment to his health gained on hit. With his mobility it's easy to run away and sap some poor unsuspecting troopers and get back to full health insuring his survival. Most Heros can't recover at the same rate. Maybe it's just more pronounced due to the lighting through walls thing. Just wishful thinking but maybe they could balance Heros differently for both game modes. Maybe balance reinforcements differently in strike and blast as well.
  • Oh, yes, I forgot this one: heroes' abilities, once activated, should remain active until canceled or used or expired, not until the next hit of an enemy, resulting in the cancelation of the ability. Clearly, the glitch is Some heroes can cancel the activation of other heroes abilities by hitting them with either main/secondary weapons or abilities.
  • I think they need to buff him. Would be hilarious when he turns super sayan.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • Gross360 wrote: »

For the sake of balancing I would say no one really knows if he needs nerfs or not. Fix the character then wait and see. getting rid of palps wall hacks will greatly effect how the character plays.

For the sake of balancing I would say no one really knows if he needs nerfs or not. Fix the character then wait and see. getting rid of palps wall hacks will greatly effect how the character plays.

I agree with you. Guys will actually be able to take cover if he is changed so you need line of sight to do any damage. There are countless times I’ve seen a guy and latched onto him with the lightning and he runs for cover which does nothing for him and I’m just thinking like “ok I’ll just stay here where you can’t shoot me anymore and keep hitting you.” If the lightning is cut off anytime there is an object between him and you it will make a very big difference I think, but we will have to wait and see.
  • No nerf to Palpatine.
    Feel the power of the Dark Side.317rm1r6mi0k.gif
  • No just fix the lightning through walls and that's it. I think apart from that he's fine the way he is. I don't wanna see him ruined to the point where he's a useless character. If they just fix the lightning through walls he will still be one of the best for GA
  • He's a little OP but most of that is down to him being able to damage through walls as loads of people say... I do notice he continually drains lightsaber characters stamina even when they've stopped blocking his abilities which is extremely irritating because he can just bombard you until you die, whether that's a bug or not I don't know.

He needs a tweak definitely. But there's no need to make him entirely useless as EA seem to do when nerfing things.. Also, to those complaining that people who give feedback and end up getting things nerfed, isn't exactly peoples fault. EA just clearly don't play test their changes properly and end up making things with changes almost useless.. It's them you want to aim your frustration at. Not us. Less of the "You're just bad with them, learn to play better" attitude bollocks.
  • thelasteverjedi
    751 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Batman20 wrote: »
    No just fix the lightning through walls and that's it. I think apart from that he's fine the way he is. I don't wanna see him ruined to the point where he's a useless character. If they just fix the lightning through walls he will still be one of the best for GA

Completely agree. But the Force has already decided ... and we shall know what happens when the glitch in the Force is patched. I sense a slight disturbance ...

There are literally videos showing him literally shooting through walls.

How is that "nothing wrong"?
  • Inkar
    11 posts Member
    edited February 13
    I think Palpatine is overpowered now with the wall bug, but he will probably die quickly when the bug is fixed.
    We will see, but maybe he will need a small buff.
  • I quit my game today
    we were at kamino as the separatist,
    Someone on our team was a officer in like 60 seconds they were palpatine on the 1 stage they had 46 kills in 2 minutes.
    Thats not fun

He's completely broken, like im like 60 meters away and i still get shocked, like im melted instantly but when I play as palp my abilities dont do anything. Im not sure if it's with the garbage servers but im having a difficult time actually using heroes/villains on PC platform than anything else. Im starting to hate this game on pc due to the servers/inconsistency im getting.
  • Palpatine is absolutely not overpowered in any way. Fix the wall glitch and he's just another hero. I still use Palpatine but I do my best to not cheat with wall glitch. I can get some good streaks going but not anything like the people who shoot through walls and blatantly abuse the glitch. If they nerf his power, he will no longer be a viable option in any game mode.

I don't understand it either, its like folks get good with a character then the rug gets pulled out from under them so they have to start over.

In the studio, using digital audio, you can remix and remaster a track till the cows come home. But every time you mess with something, it throws off the entire mix, changes the feel. Turn something up, turn something down, and even things you don't turn up or down still get passively effected by the changes.

Infinite updates are great on the one hand, giving the ability to basically change just about anything, and thus "fix" any mistakes that made it to launch, however, extreme nerfing and buffing continuously destroys a baseline for the characters individually and the entire multiplayer experience in general. So the players do not "know" these characters anymore, how they respond. Kind of like how one gets to know their car. Knowing that car will not fail them when they pull out in front of a speeding vehicle in traffic.

There was once a thing known as "quality control". Meaning things had to have a certain amount of polish and perfection before release. Digital sure saves a lot of money, but I think it can make people sloppy. Imagine how the really old singers had to get things right in just one take...perfect dynamics...pitch.....timing....etc. all for an analog recording. Rather than redo takes add nauseum creating perfect digital audio takes that are physically impossible for a human singer to recreate in a live setting (breath control , dynamics, timing, rate, etc etc).

You get a different car, it handles different, sounds different, looks different, but, you still learn and adapt in time. What is the lesson here? That money and material objects truly mean nothing? A car is a car a house is a house and clothing is clothing, so different tiers and classes truly mean nothing at the end of the day? A vain flesh quest for nothing but the glory of the individual. Not a great message for retailers I imagine though... But a humble reality thats a message that even goes back to the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ and King Solomon.

• PermaGrin wrote: »
    there's nothing wrong with anything, just stop messing around with the game!

There are literally videos showing him literally shooting through walls.

How is that "nothing wrong"?

SOrry yes fix the shooting through walls, I was trying to go against the grain of the planet asking for his nerf.
    I don't want him nerfed, just the shooting through walls.
    Heroes are supposed to be good. When you have a good player playing any hero, they are going to be unstoppable, it doesn't matter if it's palp or boba fett.

maybe require more points to get palp or something, just don't chop his arms off.
    but it's irrelevant now, he has been "fixed", when the patch is released we will know if they tied his arms behind his back or not.
  • Palpatine is absolutely not overpowered in any way. Fix the wall glitch and he's just another hero. I still use Palpatine but I do my best to not cheat with wall glitch. I can get some good streaks going but not anything like the people who shoot through walls and blatantly abuse the glitch. If they nerf his power, he will no longer be a viable option in any game mode.

This is very honorable. I wonder if there is room for honor in the game.

Even a poor player like myself had chances to take Palpatine but resisted. I know I'll get killed and someone will post an article that goes like "Noob took my Palpatine before me and gets killed. Time to nerf the (fill in the blank)."

He's not "fun". I'm sure the ones who score 130-something kills is having a ball until the session is over and have to wait in the lobby because 1/2 of the players quit on him.

2 things

1) That is what the nerf is going to do, fix the issue of his abilities going through walls. so yes he is absolutely overpowered because of that.

2) He actually has the highest health cap recovery. He can be almost dropped to 50% health and make a full recovery. That is getting fixed as well. Especially when most people that play as him can literally fly away incredibly fast in hairy situations like he is some sort of dementor from Harry Potter.
  • I don't really pay online multiplayer games, and I'll cop to being pretty bad at them. In spite of that, I've been playing the game because Star Wars. Despite my innate awfulness I've ground my way to level 16 and more or less enjoy playing GA. But coming up against a Palpatine with 3 people star cards? The fun level drops to zero. Here's my last match. Wonder why we lost?

lj4i4mcyrcnh.png
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • He has too much damage, he needs a huge nerf. Its just one guy flying around and killing everybody.
    Its not right and it seems like EA dont even care. They should fix up stuff much faster than this rate.
  • thelasteverjedi
    751 posts Member
    edited February 15
    his damage is on par with bossk, han solo, lando, assault vanguard, at-st, wookie, maul, vader, rey, explosive sentry, laat gunship, leia, iden, kylo ren, etc.

the problem is shooting through walls and objects.

in kamino, if the laat has any brains they will find palp and melt him for example.

anybody who knows how to play video games can pick up any hero and turn them into a killing machine. (umm, that's all the youtube videos i watch.)

the best way to counter palp is stopping damage through walls and giving light side heroes a way to counter him, like deflecting his chain lightning back if he chains any jedi he gets the 120 damage back at him for example.
  • Needs to be reset to base values from launch and have his damage through walls fixed. How can you agree to buff something when it's broken?

Fix first, then go from there.
  • example. everybody says kylo sucks they will never use kylo.
    ok watch this
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=K91_uhy87fU

don't blame palp (other than wall hack) for dying. every time someone complains the whole world jumps on the frenzy and then the devs kill off the fun hero. devs, don't do listen to the internet!
  • Palps only needed a small stamina buff and they went overboard with him.

• shoot i pulled a joke on a twitch streamer that was abusing the palpy exploit, and some of his more radical fanatical fans went after me like "attacking through the walls is not cheating it's a feature"
  • Palpatine melts to organized teamwork. For making that one happen, lurk around the Recruitment section for a bit.

He will run out of Stamina long before a small group of Presence-buffed folks take him out. Doubly so if they come with selfbuffs and the like.

Not to mention that a SINGLE SHRAPNEL OF A FLASH GRENADE shuts him down utterly and completely.

If, despite all these weaknesses, a team cannot defeat him, then that team pretty much deserves the loss.

And then, it's been said before, Rey outvalues Palps on more or less every field. She can take his Lightning just about forever with Insight (HvV), and she provides her team with Wallhacks which inevitably leads to domination (GA)(Point null if team consisting of clowns.)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima
  • Honestly, I don't see why people trying to argue against it .The fact of the matter is, Palpatine is broken, in every sense of the word. It's not just hitting enemies through walls, which people are trying to say is the reason he's so powerful. No, it's more than that. Palpatine has high damage, high range, is nimble(making him a hard target to hit), and has health regen. Like I don't see how people think that type of **** is ok. I tried to deal with it, but at this point it's getting pretty annoying getting one shotted. It's even more annoying that I spend 6-8k credits only to run into a Palpatine which can literally stun lock you and deal damage that can literally kill you within 5 seconds.
  • He needs a light bulb up his bum so we can all see him and run away, also buff all other characters so they have an equip rubber soled boots card for insulation then see him try to light us up like Christmas decorations.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • I would love to see a Revenge of the Sith Palpatine skin with his red saber I don’t know if they can incorporate that to be an alternate appearance or they would have to make a new character. If that’s the case I’d rather have Dooku than 2 Palpatines
  • I don't know why people are still trying to debate this. The debate is over, Palpy shooting through walls is getting patch. it's broken, it's not a feature, it's an exploit. It might be fun, but that doesn't mean it's balanced. He is getting fixed and that is that. If you can't see how he is broken, either you are really that dumb, or you are playing **** just to troll. It's that simple.
  • #BuffAllEwoks
  • The patch has fixed the wall problem. But I still have a problem with his high damage output. I don't want him ruined so don't get me wrong, just tweaked. As a Jedi, for example, you block his lightning attack, and instantly lose all your stamina even if you quickly block once and stop. Once all your stamina drains you can't attack or continue blocking so you're forced to just run off and get battered by someone else because you have no stamina. It's a really frustrating trend and it's really consistent. I haven't found a way around it as much as I've tried. Even not blocking and running after him to close the gap, I still sometimes lose stamina from his attacks and of course he can sheev spin everywhere!

It just needs realistically tweaking. Also his range is ridiculous now. You can't get close to him unless you're a hero with a blaster and can pick him off from range.
    Somebody get this guy a beer! Now!

• the only problem with palpy now is that insane health recovery. takes almost 50% health lost, recovers back to 100% should be lowered. at least no more game breaking wall exploit so its not ruining GA anymore.