criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Star Wars Battlefront II - Community 1:1 - Updated with Dev responses

Replies

• Are private matches like the last game coming to batttlefront 2? I can tell you for certain me and my friends love role playing and making some cool films out of the imperials while we had it.

If private matches were to be brought into battlefront two I would ask that you would give us more control so we could set things like unlimited time and other things like that.

Me and my friends would love to start making these Star Wars films again and it would be so much better because of the addition with the clone wars and first order/resistance.
    What you guys think?
  • 1. Are there going to be private matches coming to Battlefront 2 in the future?
    (Actually many of my friends hope to play HvV on a private match.)

2. Could we see Obi-Wan, Grievous, Anakin, and Dooku in the near future in this game?

3. Is there planning to fix Yoda's jumping power and running speed with the next patch?

4. When could we see the calendar of the next season?
  • Fingolfin
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    1 - I think that the lightsabers in game currently have a bit too much lens flare.
    It's also possible that some players are distracted from gameplay because of this. Will the lens flare on lightsabers be reduced/removed? or will we even get a slider to adjust graphical settings like lens flares?

2 - Will there at some point in the future be more prequel heroes and villains released?

3 - When will loot boxes come back? and what kinda items will they contain? customizables or something else?

4 - Is conquest mode going to be added to the multiplayer part of the game?
  • You've done a really good job so far, and I am really happy to play this game anytime I can. However, one of my favorite characters are Aahsoka Tano and Asaj Ventress. Are we going to get them in the upcoming dlc season, or should we expect them later on? I think they would be a great asset to the game. Can we get any update on this?
  • Will we see the introduction of more species reinforcements that could be map specific? Such as Geonosians, Utapaun Warriors, etc. You don’t have to give specifics. A simple “yes” will get me excited.
  • Co-op gameplay mode against zombie hordes (survival) would definitely make this game more popular than ever.
    Rankings based on your performance in the game will also make this game much more competitive.
    Is there a possibility that we get such things in the future?
  • - Will we able to choose, if not the map, at least the era in the multiplayer?
    - Why don't you lower points needed to get a hero in GA?
  • koprich
    1438 posts Member
    When you fix the progression system, are you going to devalue the current currencies?

I have been saving credits until there is a big balancing patch or progression fix and if they suddenly become worthless I will almost certainly quit.
  • Stun
    10 posts Member
    1) servers , whats being done about them , me and my friends are lucky if we can get 1 game in 5 thats not laggy
    2) Cheat protection , I have played 25 yrs of fps games and ive never seen so many aim bots and hacks as I have in this game
    3) Mos Eisley , are you going to alter or remove one of the walkers on the map because it just becomes a spawn camping fest and the map becomes ruined
    4) Squad play please please please make this one of your priorities
    5) combat roll spamming
  • - As there is no season pass why are you guys doing seasons?

- Do you have plans to drop smaller bits of content on a weekly basis?

- What can we expect from 2018 (how much content do you think will be added)

- I know weapons Starwars weapons are limited but do you think it's possible to add challenges for the base weapons that currently have not attachments available? - it will be nice to roll these challenges out to unlock things rather than just releasing the full weapon - like one attachment per week - or you could just buy the weapon early as a microtransaction.

- Are there any plans for creating any alternative game modes to accommodate air vehicles in a more strategic way? like a galactic assault map with objectives in the sky to progress forward objectives on the ground.

- Update on progression system and stats? can we get a time frame?

- What is your stance on loot boxes and randomised progression after all this fiasco?

- Can the amount of crafting parts be increased or the last tier purchase for star cards decreased to 250 Crafting parts instead of 480!!! (that's ridiculous btw)

feel free to contact me for ideas I have a lot of them. ;)
  • I feel each class has currently little star cards to choose from.Any plans for new star cards and perhaps even for new weapons? Personally i 'd love to see schock grenade and krennigs rifle make a return.
  • Well I'm going to mention the game mode Conquest like everyone else has because I think it's quite clear the game needs it.

• I LOVE the starfighter combat!! Will we be seeing some "obstacle maps" where combat will take place in a very confined areas such as inside the Death Star or inside the salt mines on Crait?!!
  • Will a heroes vs villains version of Starfighter Assault be added?
  • Lay
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    hi

1. when will the squad system change?
    at the moment it is difficult to play with friends

I love the conquest (the best mode on the battlefront 2005)
    2.will we have this mode on battlefront 2017?

3.Will we have a ranked mode?
  • Is era specific playlists something that is possible? Would help out with challenges.
  • Could you bring back Hero Hunt? With the way heroes are currently I think it would allow for a more competitive game mode than it was in the last game as heroes wouldn't last as long.

• Poulpy
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I think we need to equip 4 star card.. if its hard to balance 4 power, we can have 3 power and 1 passive bonus.

A chance you add something like that ?

We put a lot of work to improve our deck and we can only have 3 star card equipped ? So much waste. ( Poe and iden ship have 4 power and Its a good move..)

Also can you increase max level ?
    Im level 50, 100% milestone and i feel punished because no more bonus.
  • Welcome to the battlefront!

My attempt to kick this off ahead of the holidays was not the best choice, and many questions asked previously have either become outdated, addressed, or remain outstanding. I'd like to attempt to kick this series off as a continuous developer/community Q&A and be able to maintain it as promised.

The goal here is to be transparent about game changes, balance tweaks, feedback on community comments or concerns. We hope to respond to as many questions as we can, and we only ask that you keep your questions and remarks constructive and actual questions.

How do you get your question submitted? Just post your questions below, and we will answer as many as we can. Please note we will most likely not get to every question, but we will do our best to surface the most pressing ones first.

Let's get this going!

Note: Posts that are not questions will be removed!

Can we expect for skins to come out on the next season or the one before that?

• Greetings from Russia, thank you for the work done, this question: in the battle of star fighters, sometimes all classes have no shields, I hope this is corrected soon. And when I exit the game my computer hangs tightly, I'm even ready to buy lutboks if this is corrected ))) all the best from a fan of Star Wars.
  • Hello,i was wondering,will we get "arcade dlc" ,and that dlc will add more content to arcade,whole comunity would love this,especialy if you add starfighter assault,or galactic assault.HAVE NICE DAY.
  • Is it still tracking hours played even though I can't see it anywhere?

Will I be able to see this information in the future?
  • GR_Sineth
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    My only question: BOBA FETT BUFF?
    His EE-3 upgrade maybe? Jetpack bug fix? Health buff? Anything to return my interest for the game?
  • Hi))
    how about a little change in continuous music? I noticed a problem when you take a hero in a galactic battle, then his theme is interrupted by unceasing music. Is it possible to prioritize the themes of the hero?
    then it will be just fine and I will be happy !!)
  • Will we get a rogue one doc? The heroes could be jyn, base, saw, k2so, bodhi, chirrut, cassian, mon mothma, tarkin and krennic, the maps could be scarif, eadu and jedha, the ships could be the u wing and tie striker and the hero ships could be krennic’s transport and rogue one’s u wing, please can we have this? Also are we getting recycled maps and heroes from the old games and batttlefront 2015?
  • Can you do something about empty lobby’s
  • With the new progression system on it way im wonder are you guy going to reset are character level or are you going add more rank like last battlefront
  • Could we get a time frame of how long to wait after a season is over to get news about the next one?

Are we getting conquest? If we are when can we expect it?

When will you drop news of season 2 and when will it start?

"Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Few more questions,

What is the point of keeping this thread open when there are already several thousand questions?

Do you think having to sort through all this helps or hurts our chances of actually getting answers?

Would you estimate when we can expect answers as "soon", "very soon", "within the week" or "anything is possible".
  • Crafting Parts are awful, because they force us to use awful Loot Crates. Can you just get rid of Crafting Parts and allow us to buy Star Cards using credits? Why do we have to go through this nonsense rigamarole of buying crates to get Parts to get Cards?
  • jonci
    1111 posts Member
    I would like to see more forced squad play, rather than allowing players to run off and do their own thing,

I notice i and others do play more in a group in blast and H v V and strike unlike GA or SA due to the nature of the games. (Yes i know sticking in the squad gets more points but it rarely happens).

Perhaps squads could be assigned individual or 2 - 3 team assignments(dependent on number of players in game) in GA/SA, e.g. attacking / defending a specific single objective, whilst other teams must take their own nominated objectives if that makes sense.

That way it forces the squad to stick together, better players can still accumulate more kills if they wish, and it would save all piling into the same area, resulting in the usual onslaught i witness, or no one assisting in other areas.
  • Are we going to see a competitive online ranking leaderboard board?
  • Welcome to the battlefront!

My attempt to kick this off ahead of the holidays was not the best choice, and many questions asked previously have either become outdated, addressed, or remain outstanding. I'd like to attempt to kick this series off as a continuous developer/community Q&A and be able to maintain it as promised.

The goal here is to be transparent about game changes, balance tweaks, feedback on community comments or concerns. We hope to respond to as many questions as we can, and we only ask that you keep your questions and remarks constructive and actual questions.

How do you get your question submitted? Just post your questions below, and we will answer as many as we can. Please note we will most likely not get to every question, but we will do our best to surface the most pressing ones first.

Let's get this going!

Note: Posts that are not questions will be removed!

• WHEN WILL DICE DO SOMETHING ABOUT CHEATERS??? WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO USE EVERY GODDAMN CHEAT IN THE BOOK FOR MONTHS AND NOTHING HAPPENS? WHY MUST THIS BE AN ISSUE IN EVERY SINGLE DICE GAME? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU GUYS CAN ALLOW THIS, FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Please answer this, thank you.
  • Mati
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Are you going to add starfighter assault mode to arcade?
  • Are you going to add conquest mode to battlefront 2? Please I love this mode. ?
  • In patch 1.1 you updates it so that it showed on the screen when you completed a milestone mid-game. This doesn't work for Timed Challenges unfortunately, can you add this in?

Also can we get more milestones/timed challenges, weekend challenges etc.
  • BossC86
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    1. Will Supremacy, Walker Assault, and/or Turning Point make a return from 2015's Battlefront? It would be nice to play another big player game mode instead of just being limited to Galactic Assault.

2. Will there be a Battlepoints adjustment as it pertains to Vehicles vs. Infantry combat? It is too easy to farm A.I. in the air to accrue Battlepoints to get a hero and to outscore players who are on the ground playing the objective in Galactic Assault.

3. Will Captain Phasma's blaster receive a damage buff? Even though her blaster can fire longer after the patch it still lacks the stopping power to drop opponents.

4. Can ping numbers be introduced into the game so that myself and others can see how their connection is in matches? It would be nice to see if the deaths I receive from players due are in part to them lagging or being legitimate.

5. Can Strike's player count be increased from 8v8 to 10v10? 8v8 in Strike can be slow at times on certain maps.

6. Is there an update to the spawns in Blast for Starkiller Base on the horizon? That map in particular seems to have the worst spawns out of all of the Blast maps.

7. Will there be a buff to the Ion Torpedo so that it can do more damage to vehicles? As it stands right now it isn't worth using.

8. Will the issue that causes some players to be unable to finish the campaign be fixed? I haven't experienced it as of yet but my buddy has and can't complete it because it freezes on Battle of Jakku.

9. Will the cost to make tier 4 purple star cards be decreased to a more reasonable amount? 480 Crafting parts is a bit much when a 3rd tier blue star card only costs 120 crafting parts. I understand that tier 4 purple star cards shouldn't be acquired easily but 4x what it costs at a tier 3 blue level?

10. Can there be a huge list of daily challenges within a pool that can be rotated through for more credits like it was in 2015's Battlefront?

11. Will leaderboards finally be implemented in this game? It sure would be nice to know my win/loss percentage, k/d ratio, matches played, score earned, etc. It would aid in giving myself and others something to strive for or improve in. There isn't anything wrong with competing against friends for spots on a leaderboard.
  • HERE .WE . GO. latest?cb=20140601135932

Can we expect something like a mission based on THE Order 66, and if we do can we play as an ordinary jedi?

Did you saw all those amazing mods like this one ? Can we expect something like creating our own custom unit with all skins, voices and abilities available IN-game? At least for offline use?

Can we have toggle lightsaber feature back (mesa not Harrison James shill it's just first one that pop out to me) or it will be considered too OP?

Can we have first-person toggle for Enforcers and Jumtroopers? It is VERY desirable.

Can we have first-person toggle for Heroes and Villains (including saberusers please) as well (like in classic Battlefront II which I am sure you guys are secret fan of huh you even brought back rolls forward!) as crouch option (including saberusers)?

Can you stop wateringdown Heroes and Villains while "balancing" them please, bring back pre-pre-nerf Boba Fett and pre-nerf Finn, buff Lando, don't touch Palpatine (except maybe lighting through walls, BUT NOT dark aura) fix Phasma stuff?

Can you fix-bring back actually USEFULL rocket launchers for Jumtroopers please? Like ones in Battlefront 2015, with ability to sprint with them and with wide range of explosion?

Can you bring back lightsaber clashes from Battlefront 2015, at leasr between Rey and Kylo, just like you advertised in your video clips before launch?

Can you bring back russian dub like in Battlefront 2015 please?
  • Hello dear developers of the game Star Wars Battlefront 2!
    Here are my questions:
    1. You plan to add standard for Confederacy of Independent Systems blue-gray paint scheme to the AAT,MTT,Vulture droid and Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship?
    2. Do you plan to change firing sound Dual wrist blaster for B2 super battle droid on the one that was in the Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith?
    Thanks in advance for the answer!
  • When will we get large maps to play against AI?

We can’t stay stuck with only small maps and 10v10 combat in the offline modes!
  • 1.I madly loved the Star Wars: Battlefront II on the beta, I just fell in love with Naboo

And now I have not come across Naboo for 3 weeks, I do not like some maps in the game, I would like to exclude them

I actively monitor and communicate with the Russian community on your games, and I regularly see angry reports about how they are tired of the map, and how they no longer want to go into this game

But from the very beginning, everyone waited for the regime with the servers, everyone wanted it In part 1 (2015), this problem did not arise just because you could choose an exemplary maps (addition), and in the original game there were not so many

I ask you, add a choice of servers! I'm more than sure that this will help to restore the reputation after the scandal with the lootboxes, because you really will listen to the community and make an improvement in the right direction, rather than ignore it :(

2.Today's update is just awful and plunged me into anger
    I specifically wanted to get to Naboo, because I did not really want to play on other map. Everyone knows that after Yavin 4 goes Naboo, but today's update spoiled everything! I played Yavin 4 already 2 times, but then, unexpectedly, the next map was an absolutely incompetent Tautin map, I decided to wait, suddenly, a bug, but no, but when I booted, I saw an interesting picture: "19 players need to start".
    (Sorry for my english)
  • Are royal guards and honor guards going to be added to the game in future updates?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!