criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Game Performance, Matchmaking Update Today

One of the producers stated an update would happen today so just a heads up

https://twitter.com/Striterax_?lang=en

Replies

• Sledge made a thread for this, it’s pinned
    NeoX
  • I cannot wait for the complaint thread someone is going to start about how "there are too many updates/patches" to the game... it is gonna happen.
  • Good on them. I hope it is installed by the time I get off work. The matching has been a huge concern when it comes to actual balance of the game. I hope this update does works well and makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.
  • Someone will then complain that everything is moving too fast and the teams are too balanced so matches take forever. Just wait :)
    NeoX
  • This says all you need to know right here. The millennials over at DICE are completely oblivious to the fact there are official pages beyond Twitter and asocial media.

This needs to change and someone needs to step up to do voice of the customer surveys and feed that data back to the devs. Freaking rookies running this place....

88l5f2o54ptc.jpeg
  • Sorry I havnt seen Sledges thread on this. Will they say what changes are made to address the matchmaking? Seems match making would be difficult with 20 man parties
  • It feels better guys, a lot better. Perfect mix of initial launch and mid game matchmaking.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • i made my post an hour before @Sledgehammer70 made and pinned his. Ali tweeted the news 8 hours before the hat. All I’m asking is for the community manager to be ahead of announcing updates before the developers. We should have insight to what the developers are currently working on and attempting to deploy soon. Doing so would reduce the number of complaint threads, in this case, threads about matchmaking and lag which have dominated this board for the past 2 weeks.

Don’t get me wrong, I love and appreciate the updates the developers are pushing out. I’m just asking more communication and insight from the community managers.
  • KillerAero13
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Yes I definitely see his post. My previous comment even called out the timestamps. Again, my feedback is that it works would be ice to have insight on future updates rather than find out the day of first from twitter and THEN from the official forums

EDIT: apologies, I thought this comment was directed towards me. Thank you for linking the thread here for others to see!
    Post edited by KillerAero13 on
  • All I’m asking is for the community manager to be ahead of announcing updates before the developers. We should have insight to what the developers are currently working on and attempting to deploy soon.

It’s called a product roadmap, it’s simple to create and sorely lacking with the devs/team over at DICE. Can’t help but wonder if it’s a European thing in that they don’t believe we need to know what’s going on. The part they’re acutely missing is it help create continued interest in the game.

I just played a quick match of strike. No rubber banding to be seen but that’s 8 players rather than 40. Will test GA later on.

Couldn’t tell if there was an improvement to matchmaking, load times felt the same. I still don’t know why it 6akes so long for the home screen to load.
  • Thanks to the dev team for the patch which, hopefully, addresses a lot of people's problems!
  • i made my post an hour before @Sledgehammer70 made and pinned his. Ali tweeted the news 8 hours before the hat. All I’m asking is for the community manager to be ahead of announcing updates before the developers. We should have insight to what the developers are currently working on and attempting to deploy soon. Doing so would reduce the number of complaint threads, in this case, threads about matchmaking and lag which have dominated this board for the past 2 weeks.

Don’t get me wrong, I love and appreciate the updates the developers are pushing out. I’m just asking more communication and insight from the community managers.

Making complaints to reduce complaints. See the problem?

I get what you are saying, and I agree that communication could always be better. I just feel that we need to focus more on the good that they are doing instead of the bad all the time.

Imagine if you worked a job where nomatter what you did, it was never good enough and you were constantly chastised for it. That is the life of these developers.

We don't want to push them to the point of saying screw it and bailing out. Positivity attracts positivity.

I get what you are saying, and I agree that communication could always be better. I just feel that we need to focus more on the good that they are doing instead of the bad all the time.

Imagine if you worked a job where nomatter what you did, it was never good enough and you were constantly chastised for it. That is the life of these developers.

We don't want to push them to the point of saying screw it and bailing out. Positivity attracts positivity.

Fair points but the counter to your argument is that we see no effort from them to change very simple things that would go a long way to creating goodwill with the user community.

Communicating a roadmap would be a simple and effective approach to show goodwill. Rather we get surprises and no communication around pending items. How about a list of bugs and their proposed remediation dates? Again, simple things to create....

Are they afraid of being held accountable?
  • Making complaints to reduce complaints. See the problem?

I’m not criticizing the work of the developers. I’m asking for improved communication of the community managers. It’s at least my understanding that their job is to be a liaison between the developers and the buyers (us). Keeping the buyers informed on future updates a standard in all industries today. It’s what’s keeps buyers coming back for more of a product they enjoy.

The developers are doing a great job with their updates and focusing on high priority improvements. You can tell they’re really focusing on user feedback when implementing the patches and that’s great!
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    i made my post an hour before @Sledgehammer70 made and pinned his. Ali tweeted the news 8 hours before the hat. All I’m asking is for the community manager to be ahead of announcing updates before the developers. We should have insight to what the developers are currently working on and attempting to deploy soon. Doing so would reduce the number of complaint threads, in this case, threads about matchmaking and lag which have dominated this board for the past 2 weeks.

Fair points but the counter to your argument is that we see no effort from them to change very simple things that would go a long way to creating goodwill with the user community.

Communicating a roadmap would be a simple and effective approach to show goodwill. Rather we get surprises and no communication around pending items. How about a list of bugs and their proposed remediation dates? Again, simple things to create....

Are they afraid of being held accountable?

Yeah I feel ya. I think I've just grown tired of complaining and expecting things. I find at this point in my life, keeping expectations low and being pleasantly surprised is better than the opposite.

Oh well, none of this really matters anyways I suppose. I'm just trying to shift my mentality more towards positive pacifism. We'll see how it goes.
  • I mean... is it just me or is this the only game where a lot and I mean a lot of changes are not included in the patch notes? To the point where there are many people that respond with "let me ask that department" and then come back and say "yeah that was changed." And after the change is confirmed it still isnt updated in the patch notes. I dont think they have communication among themselves let alone with the community. I understand when 1 change could be accidentally omitted or forgot to put.... but every patch and a bunch of changes being omitted? That's a red flag.
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    I mean... is it just me or is this the only game where a lot and I mean a lot of changes are not included in the patch notes? To the point where there are many people that respond with "let me ask that department" and then come back and say "yeah that was changed." And after the change is confirmed it still isnt updated in the patch notes. I dont think they have communication among themselves let alone with the community. I understand when 1 change could be accidentally omitted or forgot to put.... but every patch and a bunch of changes being omitted? That's a red flag.

Yeah, they left out a lot in the current patch notes. So when the next one comes out we can hunt down new changes ourselves for a sense of pride and accomplishment lol
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    I mean... is it just me or is this the only game where a lot and I mean a lot of changes are not included in the patch notes? To the point where there are many people that respond with "let me ask that department" and then come back and say "yeah that was changed." And after the change is confirmed it still isnt updated in the patch notes. I dont think they have communication among themselves let alone with the community. I understand when 1 change could be accidentally omitted or forgot to put.... but every patch and a bunch of changes being omitted? That's a red flag.

This is something I've noticed as well, there are a huge number of undocumented changes. Usually when that happens in a game it's because of a misplaced number, here it just seems like it's a buch of different people in a bunch of different departments working independently with no real connection.

Surely there has to be a list of all things that make it into a patch right? How else could you ever hope to hunt down bugs that inevitably pop up with patches? So I'm certain somebody knows everything getting changed in a patch, because how could they not know, they made the changes.

Hopefully it's going to stabilize and communication about game changes will be more complete in the future. It's hard to know if something is a bug or WAI if we don't know what changes are made.