criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Game Server Performance Update Feedback

Replies

• Not a fan of repeating maps. I got thrown into the same map on the same side 3 times in a row on strike.
  • Please put the lobbies back the way they were. It was very noticeable on Heroes Vs. Villains today. I like the hero then villain changeup, and staying with the same people I have been playing with. Oftentimes you may get a rivalry going with an opposing player that can be an extra challenge. There were several times when a new game was about to start and there were all brand new players...did not like that at all. Seemed to be more delay in starting a game too because of the changes, getting that last person in the line-up. Saw in Blast too the best player on our team was switched to opposing team, not good.

If it's not broke, please don't fix it. Thank you.
  • Gotta say after many attempts match making is horrible. Can't even count how many empty lobbies I've been parked in since update. Please roll back, or better yet, a "Server Browser" would be great. Remember those?
  • KrolJulian1916
    1194 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I am placed in different lobbies since this server patch. For example I just finished Jakku to get in the middle of the second phase on Endor. Today on HvV I was split from my friend he end up in completely different lobby than I, we were in party.
  • On PC :

I haven't been able to play more than 3 games, all I join is empty lobbies. I won't wait 30+ minutes to get into a finishing game. Tried switching servers, but nothing works. Got into 2 HvV in 35 min, and with 2 afk on each teams.

Fail.
  • joachimeberhard
    1477 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I did not have such a big problem with how it was before.
    In fact, I am quite conservative and don't like big, unsubtle sudden changes.

Prepatch, I could always leave and find a new server that suited my tastes.

Well, guess shuffle and randomness aren't as good as it sounds...
  • Last night our team rolled out a server update that targeted performance and matchmaking on servers. We would love to hear feedback on how your connectivity and gameplay feel on the servers post this update.

Please keep feedback to the server performance update that was released on 1/24/18.

Im on PC and had daily rubber-banding and halts. Today was 100% fine. I like the shuffle with rounds too, keep it somewhat balanced.
  • PS4 - The game ran really really smooth. Only had a couple of very brief rubber bands on SA and GA. Strike was smooth as silk. Hit detection was perfect. If my shots missed / did not do damage, it was because I actually missed, not because of lag.
    I played strike, SA, and GA. Probably the smoothest I have seen it.
    Teams were balanced and one did not outnumber the other.

Overall quite pleased with this change.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Players needed: 9. Please fix this. This is actually worse than the loading screen.
    Post edited by YODA100 on
  • Repeatedly put into new matches after one game where no one joins. I have to irksomly quit out and re-match.
  • Antee
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well, tried joining 7 games tonight. Only one of them started. The rest were dead lobbies.

I'd like to think that the matchmaking system is working, given that 95% of people in games I've been in have been bumbling baboons and thus it deems that I'm far too OP (given I'm mediocre or better) to play against any of them, but I hardly think that's the case.

10/10 patch. Would patch again.
    Post edited by Antee on
  • Wasn't able to play... attempted to join my friends game and was placed in queue repeatedly only for queue to magically disappear for no reason... then when I would attempt to join again the game would instantly go to a map loading screen which would hang and require alt/f4 to restart the game... rinse/repeat 4-5 times until I finally got into a game... once in the game I attempted to create a group with my friend so we wouldn't get separated in team shuffle and promptly got dc'd from the server... back to square one with waiting in queue/dropping queue for no reason and then I quit the game and Origin. Great experience I must say.
  • In summation, this matchmaking sucks. It's actually making the game unplayable. As in you can't get into a game to play. Please revert ASAP!
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • NERFTHEOP
    689 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    NERFTHEOP wrote: »
    InFernoZ wrote: »
    I played a game, I stomped, came 1st, with over double the 2nd most, so rightly, I get put on the losing team next game (so i've played the same faction twice in a row, which I like) I then proceed to get stomped xd .

Yeah same exact thing happened to me .

I was like "The forums are wrong they do reshuffle the teams."

Then I found out about this update.

I did have my best GA game too , 107- 1 , against a really good team they were definitely working the objectives. Not a pushover team at all.

XB1X

u7mho9hlqb5x.jpg

Looks like you were playing Palp.

BOSSK ,started as officer

I don't have Palpatine unlocked

2u6hve4ctbfn.jpg
  • Hammer_down99
    792 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's what I've seen so far...
    you log into a good team in GA, Win and they shuffle a couple good players from the winning team onto the losing side.
    It's not enough, the losers still lose, the decent players can't help enough and just delay the inevitable loss.
    So now when I get shuffled to the losing teams for example I just quit and log back in. they just punish the good players
    this only ruined the map rotation and makes this game more frustrating.
    It will make more people get into groups to avoid this and they will stomp random group even worse.
    Will people ever except that they actually have to get skilled at this game, get some friends and group up.
  • Matchmaking is good now. But cons=
    - start at matches that have already started.
    - repeats same maps, same sides
  • So my mate and I were FINALLY able to get into a game. We played it, did alright. Then the next one loads...it puts the two of us in an empty lobby instead of the continuation of the previous game.

10/10 patch.
  • Holden wrote: »
    I played a game, I stomped, came 1st, with over double the 2nd most, so rightly, I get put on the losing team next game (so i've played the same faction twice in a row, which I like) I then proceed to get stomped xd .

I did have my best GA game too , 107- 1 , against a really good team they were definitely working the objectives. Not a pushover team at all.

XB1X

u7mho9hlqb5x.jpg

Looks like you were playing Palp.

Doesn’t count if it’s him.

officer + Bossk

Palpatine is locked for me

ktlq93rlx19t.jpg
  • NERFTHEOP
    689 posts Member
    edited January 2018

XB1X

u7mho9hlqb5x.jpg

That’s actually 67-1 /buzzkillington
    Don't take away my dreams Nancy Drew!
    4aekhs7gefv7.jpg
  • Wow is this a joke? I can't believe how this happens, don't you guys get paid for what your doing ? Professionals right?

Why do you keep releasing broken stuff into the game? Is this like a new experience first time kinda thing ?

I continue to get put into a new server from HvV that has either 0 players besides my self or 1-2 players that end up leaving because it will not add anymore players.

What is going on with you guys ? Get it together !
  • Clearly shuffling has to be a game-mode centric based decision. Game should definitely NOT require you to be in a Party group to play in a more balanced game especially on modes under 10 Players a side. Party Groups should be in either private Servers or Matched to lobbies with other similar sized Parties ( and have to accept the longer wait times )
  • They need to remove this hot fix and let it go.back to the way matchmaking was before
  • bfloo
    16059 posts Member
    1 team still tended to roll over the other, but after getting rolled over on 1 map. my team rolled over the other in the next map. It is an improvement to just getting rolled every time.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The solution needs to be to remove it and let it go back to the way it was
  • Velseen2015
    1081 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Dice please revert it back to the old system. I'm only finding empty lobbies.
  • Frequent crashes, same maps, matches where I get no credits despite points. Great job.
  • Experienced all the same challenges as the rest of you and didn't notice any improvement in match making. Most matches were blow outs.
  • Mariobot21
    403 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You guy did not balance team well I still face same people for 3 match and same team for 3 match’s in hvV anyway
  • TheLoneJedii
    341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's what I've seen so far...
    you log into a good team in GA, Win and they shuffle a couple good players from the winning team onto the losing side.
    It's not enough, the losers still lose, the decent players can't help enough and just delay the inevitable loss.
    So now when I get shuffled to the losing teams for example I just quit and log back in. they just punish the good players
    this only ruined the map rotation and makes this game more frustrating.
    It will make more people get into groups to avoid this and they will stomp random group even worse.
    Will people ever except that they actually have to get skilled at this game, get some friends and group up.

So tired of this “git gud” nonsense. People will have varying skill levels. It’s the nature of the universe. Go play private matches with your “gud” friends if you don’t like playing with everyone else.

Most people would but there is no option to, on a side note, patch is terrible, I cant honestly believe I paid £60 for this game, you Devs dont seem to have any clue what you are doing, ive seen better matchmaking and games made 10 years ago function better than this tripe. Can you at least admit we are all participating in a the Beta and the Beta was actual the Alpha. All you do is ***** on this player base without even having the decency to call it rain.

The Idea of matchmaking was to shuffle the teams, not randomly move players to empty servers or completely switch them to half finished matches, or take the top 5 of one team and swap them with the top 5 of another inevitably creating the same problem but the other way round. Completely *****.

Here, il explain what needed to happen, first match finishes and you take the player 1-3-5-7-9-11 and swap them with player 1-3-5-7-9-11 etc etc from the other team............Simple, but NOOOOO.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Random123
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I still get garbage fires disguised as team mates so I would say not so good.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    So I load in and start up HVV

First Lobby is a Curb-Stomp in my team's favor and this goes on for 3 more matches until everyone leaves

Second Lobby is a complete Curb-Stomp for the enemy team. the algorithm still places inexperienced players on my side because it thinks I can balance it out and a enemy team filled with 2 different Clan Members and 2 randoms

Which completely decimate my team because I can't carry them enough

This goes on for another 3 matches until the algorithm sees fit to take me out of the lobby and place me into a empty one where the only other player in queue is a AFK Farmer
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • koprich
    1438 posts Member
    Why are they bouncing us between servers?

Maintain the current lobby, just shuffle it around so the average score of both teams is roughly the same.

Even a crude “1st place goes Team A, second goes B, third goes B, 4th goes A” system would be better.

This is the worst of all worlds.

Genuinely game-breaking.
  • Every time I finish a round, the next game is empty. And I never had problems in finding new games in the matchmaking, now I am here for 40 minutes and haven't found game yet in Galactic Assault, which is always full.
  • I also think, we shouldn't be playing the same map twice in Heroes VS Villans, you do the same objective, It would be nice to play just once in each map.

And if you guys fix the new patch, I think it would be nice to play just once in each map in Galactic Assault too, Each game takes at least 20 minutes, playing at LEAST 40 minutes in the same place with so many beautiful maps and some times waiting to play in a specific map gets boring sometimes
  • RustyBarnacles
    1347 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I played roughly 10 or 11 GA matches last night (PS4). I first ended up joining an empty lobby, then once exiting and searching for a GA match again I ended up getting booted partway through the match.

Those are the negatives. As for positives, I did notice a difference once it was working without dropping me. The matches seemed to be closer and there was only one that ended on phase one. After that match(first one), I noticed that the team members had changed nearly completely and the remaining matches were competitive and far from one sided. The teams basically stayed the same for the remainder of the time I was playing.

Note: This is on PS4 on the US Virginia server, time would have been between 8pm-10pm EST. I'd not tried any other mode other than GA though.
  • Wow, I have not seen all the issues some are reporting. I played for 3 hours last night on xbox, splitting time between Strike and GA. The map rotation was fine, and the new team shuffling worked great. Never had empty or small lobbies of players.
  • Question: Do I need to play very mediocre to not being switched between servers?
  • I can hardly find any games that are full anymore and are always set to a new lobby after the match. Cant play this game anymore, this has to be fixed ASAP.
  • I've played as much in unbalanced and balanced teams. The difference lies in not playing in the same team repeatedly.
    Server lag and rubberbanding still exist but much less than before. I guess it depends on what server you are put in, so it's going to be a game of chance.
    Just give us a Server Browser and the possibility to chose a map.
  • I'll save my judgement on the server lag after I've played the game this coming weekend.. Way to early to judge already, since the problem usually only occurs during peak hours of numbers of players online (evenings and weekends)..
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    I played roughly 10 or 11 GA matches last night (PS4). I first ended up joining an empty lobby, then once exiting and searching for a GA match again I ended up getting booted partway through the match.

Those are the negatives. As for positives, I did notice a difference once it was working without dropping me. The matches seemed to be closer and there was only one that ended on phase one. After that match(first one), I noticed that the team members had changed nearly completely and the remaining matches were competitive and far from one sided. The teams basically stayed the same for the remainder of the time I was playing.

Note: This is on PS4 on the US Virginia server, time would have been between 8pm-10pm EST. I'd not tried any other mode other than GA though.

How do you see the server you play on? I am on XB1 but I can't seem to find it.
  • Hanzo wrote: »

How do you see the server you play on? I am on XB1 but I can't seem to find it.

It's under the EA Account tile in settings. Gives connection speeds as well depending on location.
  • Being placed in empty lobbies was an issue before they disabled team shuffling. I can't believe it stayed off for such a long time just to return with the same issue.

It would be fine if the playerbase was large enough for any lobby to fill quickly. But that's not the case.

Please, just make it so teams are shuffled, but all players keep in the lobby.
  • @joachimeberhard Nah, I was 1st place last night and the teams scrambled a little, but I stayed in the same lobby, and didn’t have to play the same faction twice.
    NeoX
  • perhaps its just me but for some reason the game lags horribly now, even in arcade mode, i used to play the game fine but now i got the problem the game freezes for 1/2 seconds then normal speed and then the small freeze
  • today the game (PC) was running smooth like butter.

it's actually the first time since release that i didn't have rubberbanding/lags/stuttering. the game is so much fun when it runs smoothly. now give me some hud options and i'm going to change my rewiev to 5/5 stars...
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    @EA_Tom
    @Sledgehammer70
    @petervesti_dice
    @IIPrest0nII
    @T0TALfps
    @XXXO77O4906

I apologize for tagging so many people, but this game is now verging on unplayable a high percentage of the time and something needs to be done. This update has completely ruined HvV and it's really bad for GA as well.

If you're the best player in a round of HvV, you will be removed from your game and placed on a team with what are apparently the worst three players the game can find. Worse yet, there is a good chance you will be placed in a lobby by yourself, and it may take several minutes for even one player to join.

If you're in a large group in GA, the game will try to match you based on skill and, again, you will likely end up in a lobby that contains just your group. I have yet to see such a lobby receive enough players for the match to start.

Playing as each faction on each map seems to be a thing of the past. You are now so likely to be moved after your match, that you will often keep playing the same maps over and over, and sometimes as the faction you just played.

Team shuffle is a good thing, in terms of shuffling the teams from the previous match in the same lobby. Moving players to completely new lobbies to have them team with players of opposite skill just does not work very well.

I hope that these issues are primarily the result of the update being new, and that the matchmaking can be improved as time goes on. If it is to remain in its current state, then the game may well die. At the moment, this system punishes you for playing well, and good players may not stand for that for very long.

Fellow forum members:
    If you are displeased with the new matchmaking and would like to see it reverted to the old system, please let the developers know here. Hopefully this will be shown to them and they can determine a solution.

I was in a group of 4 yesterday and we had trouble a few times. First game we left cause the game never filled. Second time we found one but then the next game took quite a long time to fill up. I didn’t actually think it would but it eventually did.
  • Please put the lobbies back the way they were. It was very noticeable on Heroes Vs. Villains today. I like the hero then villain changeup, and staying with the same people I have been playing with. Oftentimes you may get a rivalry going with an opposing player that can be an extra challenge. There were several times when a new game was about to start and there were all brand new players...did not like that at all. Seemed to be more delay in starting a game too because of the changes, getting that last person in the line-up. Saw in Blast too the best player on our team was switched to opposing team, not good.

If it's not broke, please don't fix it. Thank you.

It was 100% broken. I was getting destroyed almost every game. It needed to be fixed.