criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Game Server Performance Update Feedback

Replies

• YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Here's what I've seen so far...
    you log into a good team in GA, Win and they shuffle a couple good players from the winning team onto the losing side.
    It's not enough, the losers still lose, the decent players can't help enough and just delay the inevitable loss.
    So now when I get shuffled to the losing teams for example I just quit and log back in. they just punish the good players
    this only ruined the map rotation and makes this game more frustrating.
    It will make more people get into groups to avoid this and they will stomp random group even worse.
    Will people ever except that they actually have to get skilled at this game, get some friends and group up.

I think I’d rather have the old map rotation and teaming back. It’s better than this new updated map rotation and team balancing.
  • Was playing last night for several hours with a group of 6. We always win so perhaps this played into things but we repeatedly were shifted into empty lobbies that didn’t fill up. This would force us to quit out and startup a new search to enter new games.

On 2 occasions my game froze in the middle of a GA match and crashed my PS4. The first was a real disappointment as the match was nearing completion (3/4 of the way through capturing the final objective) and I was 2nd overall. That one cost me north of 500 credits. The other was at the beginning of a match but frustrating nonetheless as I was in a group.

Side note: lag is still a problem as well, not as bad as it had been but definitely still noticeable.

When playing single player I was consistently thrown into games that were nearly complete and on the losing side (usually a blowout). Sorry, as a player I NEVER want to be starting a game that’s already in flight. Not ever. Who on earth thought that was a good idea as it forces people to quit and keep searching for a new game.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Hanzo wrote: »
    I played roughly 10 or 11 GA matches last night (PS4). I first ended up joining an empty lobby, then once exiting and searching for a GA match again I ended up getting booted partway through the match.

Those are the negatives. As for positives, I did notice a difference once it was working without dropping me. The matches seemed to be closer and there was only one that ended on phase one. After that match(first one), I noticed that the team members had changed nearly completely and the remaining matches were competitive and far from one sided. The teams basically stayed the same for the remainder of the time I was playing.

Note: This is on PS4 on the US Virginia server, time would have been between 8pm-10pm EST. I'd not tried any other mode other than GA though.

How do you see the server you play on? I am on XB1 but I can't seem to find it.

It's under the EA Account tile in settings. Gives connection speeds as well depending on location.

I don't think that can be trusted as accurate reflection of where you are being mapped too. I will be shown as uk with lowest ping but have the feeling from Gamer names I will be led to USA or German servers
  • the matches I have been in are much more equal in skill. A lot of the lobbies die.
  • MikeBeezie
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Not liking when switched over to game with 5 people at most and no one loads in after 5mins so 2 people leaving forcing you to quit. Rejoin galatic assault just to get put in a game almost over to get 0 credits even after playing the end for 5mins or so and with kills just to happen again. Really screwed the credits per hour. And the stupid changes to hvv by making it so only get credits if get a kill but get assist 0 credits. When its 2v4 the 4man team gets credits but 2man team gets 0. Really stupid change that you did over night and not say anything. Change it back to what it was before.
  • day two of the new patch and things are worse. I sat in queue with ONE friend in a group with me for over 30 minutes and we were constantly put into empty lobbies. If we had players, it was only 2-4 besides us and they left after about 5 minutes of waiting for additional players who never came. We eventually decided to break up the group and just played solo. Even then, we were loaded into empty lobbies. When we managed to get into a game, there was almost ZERO balance. We spent majority of our time playing in separate servers but still on losing teams. EA, I applaud you effort for listening to your customers and trying to come up with a resolution however, things have only gotten worse. Please revert the changes and come up with a different algorithm to balance teams. As I suggested in a previous post, why not just take the top and bottom players on a server and scramble them during a map change. That should aid with balancing.

• Renamed1320090919
    310 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    My experience so far (PS4):

Rubberbanding, lag/stutter = marginal improvement
    Team balance = same to worse

The lobbies empty out much too frequently. The load times with this game are far too long to be dropping out of lobbies and rejoining after a match or two.
    Nice effort, but not an improvement.
  • Another issue I noticed (not sure if it’s isolated to this patch) is that when pressing right trigger and firing on someone, if you or they get too close, your character auto-melees. If that is the case, then create a melee button? In my opinion, the auto melee should be removed because some of us like being up close and personal when we are firing and don’t want to stop and melee. Most times this ruins my vanguard, infiltration, and otjer attacks and usually lead to my death when it would have been a kill for me if auto melee wasn’t part of the game. Please fix that...it’s trash.
  • Angelganon
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Another issue I noticed (not sure if it’s isolated to this patch) is that when pressing right trigger and firing on someone, if you or they get too close, your character auto-melees. If that is the case, then create a melee button? In my opinion, the auto melee should be removed because some of us like being up close and personal when we are firing and don’t want to stop and melee. Most times this ruins my vanguard, infiltration, and otjer attacks and usually lead to my death when it would have been a kill for me if auto melee wasn’t part of the game. Please fix that...it’s trash.
    Actually that sounds like a glitch unless they didn't tell anyone tthe game has had a melee button since it first came out on ps4 its R3 (clicking the right joystick).
  • Another issue I noticed (not sure if it’s isolated to this patch) is that when pressing right trigger and firing on someone, if you or they get too close, your character auto-melees. If that is the case, then create a melee button? In my opinion, the auto melee should be removed because some of us like being up close and personal when we are firing and don’t want to stop and melee. Most times this ruins my vanguard, infiltration, and otjer attacks and usually lead to my death when it would have been a kill for me if auto melee wasn’t part of the game. Please fix that...it’s trash.

Its probably a glitch the regular melee since the game came out has always been R3 on PS4
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    I can't find lobbies anymore

It's like it was prior to the last few patches. Empty lobby after empty lobby even after 10 minutes of searching

Prior to this update I could reliably enter a lobby after a max of 5 Minutes
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • Longtime member, (since BF1) but I think this is my first post. I just had the worst matchmaking.....ever.

GA. Dropped into Takodana, Resistsance. Last point, trying to save the castle. I think I played for 45 seconds, game over. The scoreboard was..... bad. Best player on my side had 9 kills. 20 of their 24 players were in double digits..... well let’s see what happens.

I’m now FO. Start out, we got SLAUGHTERED. Their troops were actually at the limit of their advance, attacking as we were spawning/running. I think it lasted 2 minutes, best player on our side, 8 kills. 22 of their 24, double digits.

On to Starkiller Base. I’m FO. Again, we got rolled hard. Match lasted again, maybe 5 minutes total. I was number one this time, 9 kills. For them, 22 out of 24, double digits.

Bailed at that point. What the hell is goin on?
  • And here I thought I was getting better. Glad the changes were made it helped my game at least.
  • I have only played galactic assault since the update but have found the matches to be more evenly balanced and enjoyable. It's good to play alongside and against various players in the game.

However, it is frustrating if you finish high on the board and then get randomly moved to an empty lobby and have to quit out!
  • Entering a game as a team in the smaller modes is now a problem.

It just puts you into an empty game that never fills up so the game won’t start.

The only way to make it work is for one player to enter a game before joining a group and then invite others to join, but this normally requires them to wait in a queue until the next game starts.
  • PC / AU TZ

Finding myself sitting in unfilled lobbies more and more. This was a problem before for me and it's now worse.
    Have pretty much stopped playing this week other than to collect my arcade freebies and attempting to get the dailys.
    Pretty disappointing really.
  • ThoMiel1989
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Your ridiculous server patch destroyed the whole game. Are only trainees in your company?
    Played 10 games, lost all, but I was always on top 5. One team is so OP, they simply run over the map. Stop your balancing. Everything was fine until you patched the game into dead.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Played just on Starkiller Base as offensive and lost in 2 minutes. ITS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!
  • I think it's much better now. Maybe you had a random bad string of luck. It happens.
  • Hi just wanted to mention how horrible the match making is in this game. I’m sure plenty of other people have brought this up. Please fix this.
  • I think it's much better now. Maybe you had a random bad string of luck. It happens.

It's not with the patch, I've been getting put into half finished losing matches non stop since before day 1. Which is why I haven't made a post on this subject, haven't noticed any difference.
  • 2nd day of playing GA on Xbox and the patch is working great. Teams are shuffling, games fill quickly, and fun matches
  • On PS4 last night I had no issues and the lag was greatly improved.
    Will see what happens tonight.
    Must only be the smaller modes with MM problems like empty lobbies.
    I did play Strike last night and had zero problems. Might just be HvV with the empty lobby problems?

I will add I play solo and not in a group so that might be part of it.

It would help if people post their platform they are having problems on, and maybe what their default server is.

Mine is the one in Oregon, USA
  • Backed out of 3 Blast matches in a row because it’s so unbalanced . I could have stayed but why bother. Just a mess show.
  • I have played this games well over a hundred hours and I am an experienced player as well as a former game designer. I’m an above average player, and I am usually in the top 5 of my team, if not on the leader board. I’ve played several hours with the matchmaking update and I’m not a fan.

The idea that teams needed to be more balanced was the problem you were attempting to fix. Although a solution could have been accomplished any number of ways, an easy fix might have been making the levels of the players roughly equivalent on both sides. This unbalanced team problem aggravated another separate issue - that players on the losing team would drop, leaving one team woefully down on battlepoints and undermanned. These are separate but related issues.
    Good game design should incentivize play that is beneficial and discourage play which is not. If you don’t want people to quit a game because they are losing badly to an experienced team, spread the experience around so that both sides are equal. If they still quit, give incentives for new players to stay.

Today I joined roughly eight games in a row which were already in progress, and my team lost all of them. The ‘home’ and ‘away’ set up that you had before actually served as a way to remove the inherent map imbalances - a separate problem from the ‘team’ imbalances.

This ‘solution’ is far worse than the problem.

I do not like to play a game which has already started, as there is little to no incentive to do so for many reasons:

1) it’s a scored game and when you join a game in progress, you are behind. Depending on how far into the game, you likely will not be able to earn a hero or serve as anything other than fodder for the opponents reinforcements and heroes.
    2) *usually* it is the losing side which loses players, and more importantly their battle points, so like a snow ball rolling downhill, the winning side gains too many advantages and your team can’t win.
    3) you receive vastly less credits for your trouble.
    4) it used to be that the ONLY incentive built into the game for playing a game already in progress was that you would be guaranteed a ‘new’ game... now there is not even that.

I now quit all games in progress, and since this seems to be the new normal, only time will tell if I continue to play. I don’t usually have 25 minutes to spend in load screens trying to find a ‘new’ game.

If the teams are balanced, they don’t need to be randomized. If the teams are balanced, players are less likely to quit a game.
    If players DO quit, give incentives to the people joining the game - real advantages - so that it’s worth staying through to the end. (For instance battle point modifiers based on time elapsed, a ‘bounty’ of a small amount parts, and a ‘new’ game which they get to start from the beginning like everyone else...)
  • I haven’t really seen an improvement in HVV. I’ll have a nice even match then it will dump me in a half empty lobby for the next one. Also have had matches where an afk player has carried over from the match before.

Galactic Assault has been okay for about two matches or so and then I’ll get a near empty lobby or a really unbalanced match. Also I haven’t got the Theed map in over a week.
  • Unknown450
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Tonight is the first time I got to play since the new matchmaking patch hit.
    Played some Blast and Welllllllllllp
    First Match: Got put into a match that was already near the end, so that was done fast.
    Second Match: I was put into a lobby of just 4 ppl. Never found others.
    Third Match: 10 vs 10 but was kicked to the title screen right when the match started.
    Fourth Match: My team got completely destroyed by the other team, they were all pretty much decked out in purple cards. I am too at least on some. But I doubt rest of my team was.
    Fifth Match: Got put into another empty lobby.

Turned the game off after all of that...

I never had any problems finding matches before this patch. And yes sometimes the matches were somewhat lopsided but never like this. For the most part the matches used to be pretty even for me. Matchmaking is the worst its ever been.

Really would like this to go back to the way it was. WOW.
    I'm on PS4 btw.
  • I have an epic video i have made just after the patch. hit like and sub thx :)
  • koprich
    1438 posts Member
    I really hate the lobby changing!

Not only does it frequently throw you into random lobbies, one of the aspects of multiplayer’s games I like are you sometimes develop little unspoken rivalries with people in your lobbies or meet good people to play with through mutual respect of PTO or whatever. My PSN list is mostly people met this way. That’s no longer possible if you’re bouncing lobbies every time you win a game.

Maintain the same lobbies just shuffle the teams between maps to balance them. You know, like every other multiplayer game ever
  • Always ending up in empty matches, worst patch to date

sigh gonna play call of duty now
  • Great "balance" improvement devs, my hats off to ya, great results!

xkoloyfvwmet.jpg

Hopefully the sarcasm was detected.
  • DarthJ
    6810 posts Member
    From me so far:

- I find the matchmaking switches to work intermittently. Teams definitely get mixed at times. However, it doesn't seem to always happen. Last night for example, I was on a team that seemed to refuse to play objectives and wanted to keep dying and highest kills/score on team was me with 10 kills, other team had around 30-40 for the top few. It kept on like that for a few rounds until I left for a different round.
    - As others have covered, the complete lobby change is a pain. Looking forward to your favourite map next only to get thrown out into Jakku is annoying.
    - Finding a match on PS4 (UK based) seems to be slightly slower. I also keep getting thrown into matches at their end.
    - Lag has improved a fair bit but still odd slow/stutters sometimes. However, without server info or browser I don't know whether I have been thrown into a different regions servers to fill up a game and the lag happens because of that. Generally seems to have cleared up for the most part though.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    @EA_Tom
    @Sledgehammer70
    @petervesti_dice
    @IIPrest0nII
    @T0TALfps
    @XXXO77O4906

This update has completely ruined HvV and it's really bad for GA as well.

If you're the best player in a round of HvV, you will be removed from your game and placed on a team with what are apparently the worst three players the game can find. Worse yet, there is a good chance you will be placed in a lobby by yourself, and it may take several minutes for even one player to join.

If you're in a large group in GA, the game will try to match you based on skill and, again, you will likely end up in a lobby that contains just your group. I have yet to see such a lobby receive enough players for the match to start.

Yep, 100% Yesterday it was me and 3 noobs, as soon as the spawn got split we got wrecked 10-2 I still had a good score with 18 eliminations, 2nd place in my team 2 kills and they were probably assists to my kills lol, any way I sent out a couple invites and we one the next game 10-0, but to play this mode on my own is a nightmare as I get put with muppets.
    As a group yesterday (5 of us) we couldn't find a game of GA, half an hour of searching just to be put in empty lobbys, at max 2 others would join but that was it! We gave up and played PUBG.
  • C0wboi wrote: »
    Longtime member, (since BF1) but I think this is my first post. I just had the worst matchmaking.....ever.

GA. Dropped into Takodana, Resistsance. Last point, trying to save the castle. I think I played for 45 seconds, game over. The scoreboard was..... bad. Best player on my side had 9 kills. 20 of their 24 players were in double digits..... well let’s see what happens.

I’m now FO. Start out, we got SLAUGHTERED. Their troops were actually at the limit of their advance, attacking as we were spawning/running. I think it lasted 2 minutes, best player on our side, 8 kills. 22 of their 24, double digits.

On to Starkiller Base. I’m FO. Again, we got rolled hard. Match lasted again, maybe 5 minutes total. I was number one this time, 9 kills. For them, 22 out of 24, double digits.

Bailed at that point. What the **** is goin on?

I thought GA was 20 v 20? Since when are there 24vplayers per side?
  • Since the server update, I’ve been placed into empty lobbies far more often. In starfighter assault, high kill streaks and high placement happens far less often. It feels to me like skill-based matchmaking. I was hoping to keep the same lobbies, simply shuffling players to balance the teams within the lobby. I don’t feel much of a change in trooper type modes. I attribute this to the fact that I’ve chisen to play as troopers only, so my overall stats wouldn’t be as high as if I used heroes to go on long kill streaks. Please tell me you didn’t add skill-based matchmaking.
  • jnikoley wrote: »
    Since the server update, I’ve been placed into empty lobbies far more often. In starfighter assault, high kill streaks and high placement happens far less often. It feels to me like skill-based matchmaking. I was hoping to keep the same lobbies, simply shuffling players to balance the teams within the lobby. I don’t feel much of a change in trooper type modes. I attribute this to the fact that I’ve chisen to play as troopers only, so my overall stats wouldn’t be as high as if I used heroes to go on long kill streaks. Please tell me you didn’t add skill-based matchmaking.

From before release they said MM was 'skill' based
  • realgenmartok
    95 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I see this all the time. It’s usually caused by some way out of balance hero liken palpatine. It’s not just the server changes. It’s the nerfing/buffing as well. Bring back SCS!
  • finally sat and played 12 games last night of GA, i must say not a fan of this "fix" won 2 games out of 12 stayed in the same lobby it seems to me that the better you do the better chance of getting put on a very lopsided team. the first 2 games were close had 2 great games came down to the third phase and won both. Then the last 10 complete blowouts.
    Very disappointing that the match making is alot worse off than it was before the "fix".
  • Dezz
    33 posts Member
    Still getting some stuttering on pc. Not as bad as before, but still there.
  • TEC51978
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    How do you do a server maintenance and make the lag/microstuddering worse??Before the so called maintenance the game was running pretty smoothly
    Log in to play today the 26th and . Lag/microstuddering..... Hopefully I'm not the only one confused by this!'
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Balzano
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I haven't had any stuttering, so far. But my main isse for now is the server switch, not the team shuffle. You can play a round with people and start to chat. Then all of a sudden you get switched to another server, midway through the game. I know you have to fill servers up due to leaver. But at the cost of the established players already playing on one server? I don't like it.

GJ with the shuffle though. Will try to play with friends this evening and se if we get to stay in the same team, or if we get shuffled.

So my experience so far has been like this.
    * The top 3 players remain i the same team and does not get shuffled. So as long as you stay in the top 3-5 section, you remain in the "winning" team.
    * Drop down to 5-10 spot in the team, and you often get shuffled or switched to another server.

The Switch to another server is what annoys me the most tho.
  • well the smooth as butter experience didn't last long for me. one day excatly. it was just luck i guess and actually you didn't patch anything. today the same shiet since release. lags/rubberbanding and non stop stuttering. the game is barely playable. it's been 2 months now....
  • Have the changes been reversed? Seems to not be doing the balancing between matches anymore.

• I thought GA was 20 v 20? Since when are there 24vplayers per side?

You’re right. I was mixing up totals with SA. I just made a point to remember how many DIDN’T have double digits
  • Keep getting error code 721 as of 12:30 PM today. My internet is working fine though.
  • Another sample of this "fix" Dice has implemented.

d7s8yo89whn6.jpg

Also, I join the opinion that before this fix, it was far easier to win a game or that they were more enjoyable if you played consistently well (PTO, high score, medium-to-high killcount etc.). Now, it seems that if you end up really well it will put you in the worst team possible to balance things out.

That is not balance, that's punishign players for playing propperly game modes like GA.

Seriously, I hope they erevret the changes. Those who want to win should try to improve at the game, not wait for it to be like "Oh... poor litle thing, it seems you can't win a single match, here I'll put you with some good new players and the guys that stomped you with bad players so you can feel good for a few games".
  • Been playing HvV recently to knock off some of the challenges. I win some I lose some, some are really exciting and close, others I get slaughtered especially when I find my "team" have done a runner and left me to it, but it's a game.

Last night I looked forward to some level matches after the "fix" and first game just what I hoped for a 1-0 ending, can't get better than that. Excellent I thought they really have finally fixed something.

Anticipation mounted as I awaited the next game. Same again please.

But no, I did so well let's put him in a game all by himself the game said. I waited for my team but to no avail. Some one had the audacity to pop in to say hi but ran away quickly. 5 mins or so later I felt lonely and went off to find someone to play with. Great the dreaded black screen of death so reboot game.

I never managed to get another game after that as I funnily enough don't wish to waste an hour all by myself on a games console.

For the first time I switched the game off. I couldn't even be bothered to have a game of GS or Blast, both of which I also enjoy because I just felt so deflated.

Any more "fixes" coming "soon".

• Glad I’m not wasting my time navigating this fix :D
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Why do most GA players not PTO in this game?

frustrating

You either have players that don't PTO and/or ignore all flanks or players who PTO like their lives depend on this one game to save their entire family from death.

• I've not been a fan of the new matchmaking. When your favorite map is about to come up, and you suddenly get kicked into a new lobby waiting for 18 players who never come, that's not an improvement. That happened to me a lot when the game was first released, but hadn't happened for a long time. Now it does again, and I'm not thrilled. I'm surprised there is trouble with this, as EA seemed to get it right in the last Battlefront game. Top and bottom players always seemed to get shuffled there from map to map, but we didn't get kicked out of the server from game to game.

And for people on PS4 complaining about not getting in this morning, that was a huge PS4 issue, the whole playstation network crashed, and it was having stuttering trouble the night before. Saw a news article about it.