criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Game Server Performance Update Feedback

Replies

• Sumptiz
    341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

The Teams Balance Sucks!!!

Star Wars Battlefront
  • Did the match start like that or did people rage quit throughout the match?
  • worst update ever just quit several matches either, I end up in a almost empty team or with the losers who cant play for *****
  • Sumptiz wrote: »
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

Did The Senate have any part for the winners? If they fix his broken gameplay it would go along way in balancing GA gameplay.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • MikeBeezie
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Go back to like was before. Causing more wasted time going into games already started less credits and more games of getting 0 credits way to often in all game modes. Stupid get in hvv 2 people leave so 4v2 and only get assist do we as 2man team get 0 credits for no kills but 4man team gets credits. Was fine like was based on time and little more for being in top of game. This new system causes more games not to start more quits = more wasted time. The progression system fine dont need to wait till march. Can do in 1 day change price of purple/crates to lower. Do double credit/cpart events. Card system fine simple change can do in a day. This new change early this week has really brought this game down further if was possible. Rey/bossk most balanced heroes that the others need be brought to they level. Fix the glitches like 50% time get chocked by vader in GA causes your hero not able to jump atrack or uses abilities anymore. Or so often pick hero or vehicle and get stuck at squad load screen till match ends.
  • I have 600 hours playtime so far.

Since the update the games I have played have been so bad, I can't stand it anymore.

I play Officer with high Team support and few kills, and because that gives much score, the game now decides I can carry Level 3 heavies against a team full of Kilkstreakers.

In its own way, the server update has entirely ruined my gaming experience.
  • I have 600 hours playtime so far.

Since the update the games I have played have been so bad, I can't stand it anymore.

I play Officer with high Team support and few kills, and because that gives much score, the game now decides I can carry Level 3 heavies against a team full of Kilkstreakers.

In its own way, the server update has entirely ruined my gaming experience.
  • So to rephrase that:

Matchmaking should put the Killstreakers against each other, not let a Medic carry a Team against killstreakers because of Score.

If it stays like this I am going to play Blast maybe and that's it...
  • Noobs, that wanted team balancing and ***** map rotation. Tada!
  • I'm getting some major stuttering and freezing in Galactic Assault that's never happened before. Starfighter Assault is a bit better, but I'm also having the same issues there. Normally I would get rubberbanding and stuttering, never the freezing.
  • I think the update is fine except for the fact that I get Jakku a lot which, in my opinion, is a sucky map. If you could add more maps (Clone Wars: Umbara, Geonosis) that would be awesome. More maps equals more variety in the game.
    What about the Droid Attack on the Wookies?
    g5v8my8ynfe1.png
  • Don’t think the recent patch helped or hurt this (except in HvV)
  • Hehe hoo haha. (Batman Joker)
  • Objective based modes favor the attackers when the lobbies are fairly empty.
    Had a SA match last night that lasted forever: it was 5 on Separatists vs 3 of us on Republic.
    We eventually won, but the lack of human players made the match drag out exceptionally long.

I don't know why the change has been causing empty or near empty lobbies but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

On PS4 at least the Lag has been negligible and hit detection much better because of it.
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

Galactic Republic players obviously quit, game ended, players most likely left during end game cinematics. Separatists clearly had the better teamwork ability. Teams like that usually drains the other teams motivation to keep playing or knowing they are defeated before the match ends, players quit. it's obvious what happened there.

Team balancing isn't the issue. There's no way a game like that remained 14 players throughout the entire match. The algorithm for filling in teams would of been filled by the "lobby fill system". Been playing since November 14th consistently, never have I seen or been in a GA match that stood at 14 players or less for the entire match for even 5 minutes. Just doesn't happen.
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace". — Darth Sidious

Origin ID: -UE-Contagion

Platform: PC

hcphed0czknu.png
  • smokesnugs
    220 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So I've come to the conclusion that after 2 maybe 3 games it gets to a point where the player base of the server continues to thin out gradually and no new players are ever matched up with the server (I just played an entire match with maybe 10-12 players per side).

It seems as if players are not even being matched up to the server during the break between games, causing the base to dwindle quite a bit.

So often this is happening that I believe the GA player base as a whole is starting to notice this and it seems everyone's conclusion is to just abandon the server after 2-3 games and then re-search for a new one... You can tell because once it gets down far enough and a game ends it will say that X amount of players are needed to start, not even a couple minutes after this is when everyone realizes the server is now dead, at which point everyone abruptly leaves.

It's like they give it a benefit of doubt 2 minute period and then they give up after realizing it's happened again.

This is happening like routine.
  • smokesnugs
    220 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Sumptiz wrote: »
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

Galactic Republic players obviously quit, game ended, players most likely left during end game cinematics. Separatists clearly had the better teamwork ability. Teams like that usually drains the other teams motivation to keep playing or knowing they are defeated before the match ends, players quit. it's obvious what happened there.

Team balancing isn't the issue. There's no way a game like that remained 14 players throughout the entire match. The algorithm for filling in teams would of been filled by the "lobby fill system". Been playing since November 14th consistently, never have I seen or been in a GA match that stood at 14 players or less for the entire match for even 5 minutes. Just doesn't happen.

Well I'm sorry to be the whistle blower here, but I did intact just finish playing an entire match of GA on Kashyyyk that unfortunately only had maybe 10 players on the opposing team and probably around 12-13 players on my team.

I didn't realize it till a min or 2 into the match but this is how it began and how it ended , all the way through.

I'm no genius on the algorithm scene but I don't think it's work I g as intended.

I posted in the feedback some details on what I've been experiencing on PS4, long story short I'm basically finding that after a few games the player base continues to thin out gradually till you end up in a game like I have described above, after it ends and everyone realizes that yet again nobody is being matched up with our server you will see everyone abandon ship and leave the server after giving it maybe 5 minutes to attempt and find the "Players Needed"

Also, I've been playing sense around the same exact time as you... this usually doesn't happen and I can definitely vouch for that.

I play everyday maybe 4-5 hours a day sometimes more so I am not just a casual player making this observation based on 1-2 occasions.

/FacePalm

• hsf_
    1918 posts Member
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

Should maybe punish people who consistently leave games. Give them a 2 hour ban or something(similar to CSGO). You could always add an hidden ELO system, which would result is somewhat fairer game play experiences - it won't eliminate the issue's of steam rolling games, but it will lessen the likelihood of it.

Obviously these are just off the top of my head suggestions to help with balancing and leavers, it's not like I've put a lot of thought into it or anything xD
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

Should maybe punish people who consistently leave games. Give them a 2 hour ban or something(similar to CSGO). You could always add an hidden ELO system, which would result is somewhat fairer game play experiences - it won't eliminate the issue's of steam rolling games, but it will lessen the likelihood of it.

Obviously these are just off the top of my head suggestions to help with balancing and leavers, it's not like I've put a lot of thought into it or anything xD

I think keeping track of statistics all around as far as Kills - Deaths - Wins - Losses go would be a very nice addition to the game, and more importantly make sure that Games Left are also recorded, it's a minor punishment that would be more up of the DICE style, I mean we can't even say words that aren't even cuss words on the forums, you really think They are gonna ban anyone For not participating ? There are hackers on PC getting away with aim bot head shotting entire teams for months on end if not indefinitely without ever getting banned, Lol!

At least maybe stats that show even the negative traits of your playstyle might inspire more players to avoid doing things like that.

*shrug
  • It's really great when you achieve a milestone and the server doesn't update so you can't claim your reward in milestones--wtf
  • I just want to throw my support out there. Most of the rooms are still lopsided. When the game was released, the players in the current room would just be shuffled around and that usually fixed any problems. Why was that removed?
  • TheLoneJedii
    341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    This is what happens when you break up a studio and fire all the original developers, EA put there half wits in charge who dont understand the code and cant fix it, ever wonder why the patch was just a damage numbers fix, finding those and changing them was probably quite easy, fixing actual issues is a different ball game.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Rook008
    851 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    smokesnugs wrote: »
    So I've come to the conclusion that after 2 maybe 3 games it gets to a point where the player base of the server continues to thin out gradually and no new players are ever matched up with the server (I just played an entire match with maybe 10-12 players per side).

I had this happen a few hours ago in Starfighhter Assault, which is usually 12 vs. 12. It started out as 10 vs. 6, then went to 3 vs. 6 and Matchmaking never added any players to either side. This was over the course of 4 games.
    On Xbox, Virginia servers.

It was pretty odd as SA is usually pretty good.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • ReaverT
    83 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm seeing meny ppl not finding this balance update to not being any good and in facth as worsened game experience. Should we ask for rollback?
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    wow the server update broke galactic assault. they are so one sided now that games last 5 minutes with one team steamrolling the other.

not sure why.

what ever the smart server did, didn't work. go back to previous and let nature run its course.

as I said, don't tweak things!
  • Team balance not working anymore. Same people in both teams after each map change. I guess they turned it off and will fix something and bring it back someday.
  • smokesnugs wrote: »
    So often this is happening that I believe the GA player base as a whole is starting to notice this and it seems everyone's conclusion is to just abandon the server after 2-3 games and then re-search for a new one...
    This is happening like routine.

This is exactly like I do it.

I stay on a server as long as my team wins.

Since with the new update it doesn't happen too much anymore, I have severely less good games, increased frustration and leave and join and leave servers more often.

Bottom line is, the new system does not work as intended.

I won't be reeducated by RNG.
  • AOD_MelournRex
    1649 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Team scrambling should just be limited to your own server. Why on earth would I want to be put on a whole other server? Seeing as we have no server selection at the moment, and if I want to play a certain map, I'm gonna have to go through the whole playlist to get to it, which is perfectly fine. But with the recent changes of you being removed to an entirely different lobby, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to play on your favorite maps.

Scrambling the teams is fine, and something that's good for the balance of the game. Pulling people out of their lobbies is just a bad idea and something that needs to disappear entirely.
    Post edited by AOD_MelournRex on
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    So far the MM Balancing has never been worse.

Nearly every match I join is a curb-stomp either for my team or the enemy

Especially because of my ranking I consistently get inexperienced players who are put on my team solely because of my high rank which the game thinks will balance out the match

I mean it's just ridiculous
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

Actually this is not true at all.
    Prior to the change, I had spent entire matches being down 5 to 9 players. From start to finish. The number of players per team has been a problem since day 1. At least on PS4.

I don't understand how a game could even be allowed to start with this kind of disparity...
  • ok, my 3rd and last feedback :) i play all day and it's just smooth. no lag. 50ms ping. perfect. i'm having so much fun atm. i think that patch really helped. good job guys thx.
  • MeiserLeiser
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I played few GA maps and stopped playing just now. I'm located in Finland if it makes any difference.

Maps: Crait, Kashyyk, DS2 and Jakku.

Lag seems to be either fixed or hidden. My own character was not rubber-banding but some other where. Not a real issue at least visually.

Balancing. I really waited for something to happen because we lost every game. Especially the defends by a huge margin, 70-90 lives left when defeated. Enemy team seemed to have almost the same top 5 players all the time. In some of the games I was in our team top 3 and in some in the middle class. I stayed with the same team the whole time.
  • Still experiencing lag (rubberbanding/stilted gameplay) since the server update.

Xbox One

• FlyDungas
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So is it gone or what? I've been getting all steamrolls again since yesterday. Teams never changed

I'm actually getting a crazy amount of bugs since yesterday. Game crashed twice, my night vision scopes are randomly not working and I'm sometimes unable to use my abilities in HvV
  • 9-0 in GA with no changes in MM that I can see, players never switched. Lag hasn't ever been issue for me in game, so I'm not sure if that is fixed. On Xbox, the scope issue has been around for awhile.
  • Played a game of Strike the other night that started with 6v4 then because of the in balance some players left so it was 5v2, the attacking team was the 2 so reaching the 40 kills required was painfully slow (credit to them for sticking around and they played a smart game). No new players were added and the game took over an hour to complete!
  • I know with this server update players were put into empty lobbies after round end which obviously was a problem and i can see why you removed it. But can you just mix the same lobby up after each map. And do it based on stats. That should help balance the teams. I know you used to scramble teams after each map before. Don't know how you calculated it though but it shows you can already scramble teams after each map if you want.
  • I see / feel no real difference.

Lots of micro-stutter, random times.

I still see steamrolls all the time, even with the shuffle...
  • Has not fixed the server side lag, freezing and game crashing on my end. *BIG SIGH* If only it wasn't to late for a refund. EA management you are the pond scum of the gaming world.
  • Same old bad matchmaking and no team shuffle...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Thing is, teams were shuffling for a little bit after the update, but now they’re not. Smh...
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Thing is, teams were shuffling for a little bit after the update, but now they’re not. Smh...

Who cares? It’s better than an empty lobby and it being unplayable.
  • Still empty lobbies but i can find after searching for like 3-4 times , a lil bit lag but pls keep improving the matchmaking :D
  • Video example of warping experienced on PS4 with 1000Mbps hard wired connection.

This was yesterday and happens quite frequently. With my connection I wouldn’t expect to see this type of behavior in game.

• Matchmaking even worse now, teams more unbalanced than ever.
  • Yup, still awful. No team shuffle and nothing but steamrolls. Nice job
  • On PS4, played about 5 hours this weekend, I see no difference in match making (or lack there of), nor have I witnessed any shuffling after rounds.

Been on the losing end of a 0-6 streak (top 5 players on the opposing team stayed the same) and a 0-5 streak (top 3 players on the opposing team stayed the same), all of which were steamrolls or my team unable to capture the first objective. Was also on a winning side of a 6-0 streak with 1 or 2 of the top players on my team leaving (or shuffled?) after 4 wins.

• This patch definitely seems to have smoothed out play. I noticed my average score jump a lot from prior Saturday night matches.

While it got smoother, I also noticed same glitches. Rubberbanding, etc. There is still lag for me. I get shot once, hit my sniper shield on in response, it pops up visually on screen, but then I get two more bolts and die post shield up. Stuff like this is common, what is on screen is not representative of what is actually happening. Is that lag? I've watched others play on Youtube live and their ability to respond is so much faster, like playing in arcade mode. I've never had that in MP GA. it's rarely smooth, better during non peak hours IMO.

Kashyyyk is the worst for jumps and rubber banding. Always has been since launch. Still was Jan 26/27.

(ethernet, good cable connection, PS4 Pro, USA Oregon).