criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Game Server Performance Update Feedback

Replies

• It’s almost like the matchmaking purposely puts all the best players on one side.

I really don’t know how else to explain the sheer number of steamroll matches. Even random matchmaking should do better than this.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Play on xbone with a good connection hardwired (on BF1 ping less than 25 consistent) however i cannot understand why the lag, rubberbanding, teleporting players continue - are there region locks? Have noticed that if the game has not found a match in about 5 secs - i assume - it is looking out of region, time zone, solar system, galaxy... So then i just cancel and search again - i think it works but maybe it's just random (bullet deviation).
    Personal fav is when people don't play (afk) or they drop out after the game begins and then my son gets thumped in a 4 on 1 game. There has been plenty of games in GA that are 19-12, 16-10 and bunches more...and blast games 10-5 and some starting 5-5 and then have a guy drop and players join with the first 30-40 kills having one team with 10 and the other at 5 or 6...obviously you dominate or get crushed.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yup, still awful. No team shuffle and nothing but steamrolls. Nice job

Same

At times I find equal matches but I would say 3 Out Of 5 are poorly balanced and end in complete rolls

And I still can't find a Strike match
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »

Same

At times I find equal matches but I would say 3 Out Of 5 are poorly balanced and end in complete rolls

It’s so bad that you can tell pretty early, too. For example, if I join a lobby and the other side is full but my side is half empty, that’s a good sign the previous match was a steamroll and I won’t play it.

I don’t really need credits, so I’m quiting a lot of matches lately...
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »

Same

It’s so bad that you can tell pretty early, too. For example, if I join a lobby and the other side is full but my side is half empty, that’s a good sign the previous match was a steamroll and I won’t play it.

Especially when your one other team-member has 2,000 Points and 1-2 Kills and the enemy top player has 15,000 and 12 kills
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »

Same

Especially when your one other team-member has 2,000 Points and 1-2 Kills and the enemy top player has 15,000 and 12 kills
    Tru dat
  • NERFTHEOP
    689 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Matchmaking has been pretty decent for me the last couple days.

My win percentage feels like it's been around 70-80%.

I've had quite a few games where we won with less players.

• 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    Video example of warping experienced on PS4 with 1000Mbps hard wired connection.

This was yesterday and happens quite frequently. With my connection I wouldn’t expect to see this type of behavior in game.

Mbs is secondary you only need a few 100kbs and low ping.Always people cling to the data rate
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The pre matCh lobby screen does not correctly show how many were MM'd into the game ...lot of people keep posting but they need to watch the lobby when the round starts +2 minutes. I have very fast map loading HD so I'm often shown as alone in the lobby for a long time ...I've noticed the actual starting lobby is very different from pre start screens...calm down ?
  • The update is in matchmaking ok.

When making a game, Strike, GA, sometimes you come in a room with empty spots and they don't get filled.

Only thing i notice with the update since this weekend isn't getting some rewards when milestones are completed.
    It just stays open. (There is a higher level of treads about this since the weekend). Apperently the server isn't seeing the completion right.
  • The matching making and network in all is weird right now. I should have recorded this but i entered a game at the very end. i just spawned in and it was over. While it was a victory i did nothing,not even fire my weapon. it goes to the scoreboard and says i have 5 eliminations and 2 assist and no deaths. Really confusing i really did nothing but spawn in and game was over. Something's not right.
  • Weazelsun
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Last night our team rolled out a server update that targeted performance and matchmaking on servers. We would love to hear feedback on how your connectivity and gameplay feel on the servers post this update.

Please keep feedback to the server performance update that was released on 1/24/18.

Feedback on server performance, I personally have not experienced much lag or rubberbanding recently. So looks like whatever fix was implemented is working.

The matchmaking on the other hand is kinda working, in that again there are times where sometimes my team is being steamrolled and times where its the opposite with the enemy team being steamrolled. It does appear to at least being trying to match-make players of "equal" skill level so that seems good. Obviously, still a work in progress but no complaints for the time being.

EDIT: Now, I seem to be having problems find servers that have any amount of players in them.
    Post edited by Weazelsun on
  • Not sure about others, but it seems some of the issues I was talking about have been fixed. I noticed the credit for milestone achievements is now working. Ran into ZERO lag over the weekend. So Cudo's to EA, for getting that done. Now for some fun.
  • You destroy heroes vs villains, after every match I'm taken to another server that was empty.
    Seriously is that difficult make team balance without ruining the game? Come on...
  • Played some this weekend... while I was never placed in an empty lobby...I had 3 instances where my lobby emptied to a "Waiting" status and people got tired of waiting for enough new members to join, then I was eventually left with an empty lobby.

I had 2 instances where the game locked up on me also in mid game.
  • Your game is an absolute joke empty lobby one after the other than i get error code saying cant play online. Wait that just another one of your bugs. Started playing with a group of 4 than we got split up thanks ea. I suppose you like unhappy customers
  • Blast on PS4 still very unbalanced. I would say it needs some more logic inputs or balancing.

You need to get better
  • How about leaving the servers how they were. They were fine now the game is unplayable empty lobbys disgruntled players because friends want to play together. Its time to return my game i think enough is enough.
  • I played 6 matches of Strike and teams weren't being balanced. Only changes were players leaving on my side. Last match got down to the "waiting for 1 player" screen and I noticed it was currently 8 v. 2, so I had to quit. I'm not playing 6 players down against a team that was already destroying us when player count was equal the last 6 matches. 8 v. 7 or maybe even 6, I would have stayed to keep trying to grind it out hoping to pick up a couple of players.
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Well if its the new server doing it then its garbage, SA tonight Level zero for ships, no cards available to equip, no points scoring after matches, seemed to affect only some of us so got annihilated. Waste of time playing.
  • Out of balance, short matches. Sad!
  • Revan1
    326 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I am still dealing with a TON of afk players in HvV (PS4), are there any console players experiencing the same problem? It's been happening to me a lot more often recently, I thought they fixed the issue...
  • Performance is good for me since the update (Europe / PC).
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Friday night I had to play 8 rounds of SA for the 5 to count on the milestone.

Played a few hours yesterday. Still a tiny bit of rubber banding here or there, but the lag has been negligible.
    Still see mismatches by player count in GA.
    The other modes were well balanced by count and the matches were not steam rolls. Had a really exciting HvV round where we came from 2 behind to get the win on Hoth. That was alot of fun as both teams were working hard for the win.

• Please add kills deaths and assists in scoreboard, it will show you steamrolled games in 2-3minutes
  • This is crap system takes longer to get games going and lot more getting put into games already started. Switching to empty servers that never fill up. Hated the 1sided games but they were better than this 2 games an hour. Really messed up gaming of this.
  • I get empty servers on ps4 and haven't seen kashyyyk in galactic assault for a week, playing every day for 3 hours or more
  • This is already beyond old join game already started to then finish it to get swaped to different server that doesnt fill up so people leave then have to back out. Rejoin search to have it happen all over again. Really ***** new system. Just the stupidity of not thinking things through before implementing changes astounds me and sure everyone else.
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Took me 5 rounds of H v V to get the Timed challenge kill 10 heroes to actually clock up the correct amount, scored 12 first match registered 0, played again scored 14 exited and it had registered only 9, played again got hammered scored 2 due to getting lobbed in a match when they only had 4 lives left on the team i joined. Got hammered next match 4 kills due to one player using Phasma with one card equipped head shooting everyone every time, the player even managed to kill 3 heroes Luke, Yoda and Ray, who were close up attacking him at the same time. Exited to get away from this player after match, checked score had 9 total still???
    Rejoined different match scored 7 then 11, checked out and finally had the 10 kills.
    If it cant total correctly is it also registering for the progression for each hero?
    As for SA, see previous reply above, also kept saying couldn't award scores (= credits until next match) well it didn't for any of them. Also gave some stupid error message saying i needed to connect, well i was on line according to it. Kept getting some message saying cannot load store or something??????????????
  • when you start a GA match, and within 20 secs the opposition secures TWO sites, you know it's going to be a bad day
  • Last night our team rolled out a server update that targeted performance and matchmaking on servers. We would love to hear feedback on how your connectivity and gameplay feel on the servers post this update.

Please keep feedback to the server performance update that was released on 1/24/18.

It failed, matchmaking is still a complete failure. How hard is it for you guys to learn how to shuffle players each match?
  • smokesnugs wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Sumptiz wrote: »
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

The Teams Balance Sucks!!!

Galactic Republic players obviously quit, game ended, players most likely left during end game cinematics. Separatists clearly had the better teamwork ability. Teams like that usually drains the other teams motivation to keep playing or knowing they are defeated before the match ends, players quit. it's obvious what happened there.

Team balancing isn't the issue. There's no way a game like that remained 14 players throughout the entire match. The algorithm for filling in teams would of been filled by the "lobby fill system". Been playing since November 14th consistently, never have I seen or been in a GA match that stood at 14 players or less for the entire match for even 5 minutes. Just doesn't happen.

Should maybe punish people who consistently leave games. Give them a 2 hour ban or something(similar to CSGO). You could always add an hidden ELO system, which would result is somewhat fairer game play experiences - it won't eliminate the issue's of steam rolling games, but it will lessen the likelihood of it.

Obviously these are just off the top of my head suggestions to help with balancing and leavers, it's not like I've put a lot of thought into it or anything xD

I think keeping track of statistics all around as far as Kills - Deaths - Wins - Losses go would be a very nice addition to the game, and more importantly make sure that Games Left are also recorded, it's a minor punishment that would be more up of the DICE style, I mean we can't even say words that aren't even cuss words on the forums, you really think They are gonna ban anyone For not participating ? There are hackers on PC getting away with aim bot head shotting entire teams for months on end if not indefinitely without ever getting banned, Lol!

At least maybe stats that show even the negative traits of your playstyle might inspire more players to avoid doing things like that.

*shrug

Or how about they just give less points for players who want to only play “support roles” and don’t rack up any kills?
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Sat in a lobby for blast for 10 mins all alone
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Sumptiz wrote: »
    4mmbeedln4kk.png

The Teams Balance Sucks!!!

Galactic Republic players obviously quit, game ended, players most likely left during end game cinematics. Separatists clearly had the better teamwork ability. Teams like that usually drains the other teams motivation to keep playing or knowing they are defeated before the match ends, players quit. it's obvious what happened there.

Team balancing isn't the issue. There's no way a game like that remained 14 players throughout the entire match. The algorithm for filling in teams would of been filled by the "lobby fill system". Been playing since November 14th consistently, never have I seen or been in a GA match that stood at 14 players or less for the entire match for even 5 minutes. Just doesn't happen.

Should maybe punish people who consistently leave games. Give them a 2 hour ban or something(similar to CSGO). You could always add an hidden ELO system, which would result is somewhat fairer game play experiences - it won't eliminate the issue's of steam rolling games, but it will lessen the likelihood of it.

Obviously these are just off the top of my head suggestions to help with balancing and leavers, it's not like I've put a lot of thought into it or anything xD

Banning or not allowing people to join for leaving would be unfair, i have been dropped a number of times due to server connection errors (miffs me off when have reasonable score and lose them all) there are also times tinterweb connection drops

Team balancing - I can also confirm as others have done that team ratio's do differ (though this isn't new, as have played SA with half a team v full team well before end of December).

Rubber banding/Lag happens a lot probably why so many people shout hack at others.

Game play - Something need to be done, appreciate its not easy but a AAA game not even 3 months old needs to be better on multiplayer delivery, can see why people want off line content more, perhaps its more of an incentive for us to keep pushing for more in Arcade mode, and for them to actually listen and do it.
  • Another update...I have been randomly losing my character cards and have been constantly having to reapply them in matches, I have been seeing increased lag and rubber banding again, I am still hitting empty lobbies, when I play with a group empty lobbies and finding games takes majority of our time together rather than that time being spent playing actual matches, and I have been frequently getting kicked out of servers with various error codes when I am topping the charts in the game. This game is honestly getting worse and worse. If things don’t improve soon I will be done with this game.
  • since the update; i play 5 to 8hrs a day/night ... i usually rank in top 5 ; unless im having stupid fun with a worthless setup .. ; this is what happens;
    rank top 5 ; get moved with the top 10 players to another lobby on another map roll ; play end up in top 5 or 10 ; get moved again and so on ... allways see the same maps ; played only kashyyyk ; SKbase; maze and crait ; seen tatooine and DS2 twice; and naboo 3 times ... in over 20hrs of game play ! its insane !

not to mention the blatant cheating we cant stop ... when all the lobby calls out for a cheater and even his own team is all against him we should be at least able to kick the guy .

basicly ; played 5 matches balanced and allways ended up in a steamroll after 5 matches...one way or the other ; ( you can be top 5 or 10 with a ***** team ... )

all of that is when the lobbies dont just time out and die
  • how do you know if someone is cheating?
  • IronSoldier
    3804 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Server switched 3 times tonight whilst in a group on HvV. Not only does it bug out our group but I cannot rejoin them without closing the game...

Well you have the obvious blatant hacks like

instant kill full health hero = over powered weapon hacks
    put multiple bullets into them but no damage done = health hacks
    head shots only, instant kills = aim bot hacks

and then there's the less obvious hacks. i was thinking about this and ea/dice could help players assist them with reporting cheaters by providing alerts when you encounter a cheater. think about it, they know how much damage a weapon does and a certain range so they should therefore be able to detect op weapon hacks and health hacks by current stats.
  • Loaded into several modes (GA, HvV and Blast) alone or with one or two other players...for a long time before game started - matchmaking fix-ish?.!
    Achievements and such are still not working - have several blasters that have attachments that will not unlock???
    Have had several players teleporting across the terrain regardless of the several servers played - on BF1 our ping is 25 or less steady so not sure the differentiation between the two but that is the standard.
    Credits on duplicates not adding up or getting subtracted - easy checkbook balancing DICE
    Getting into a game is a risky proposition - it seems that if you get into a game in the first 5 sec count it is in you region and the play will be good but then the next game might be ??? and HvV is still ragtag cat and mouse.
    The quit at end game botch is back where you quit, no you don't and quit no you don't and quit oh you lost anything you achieved that round not that you could unlock the doodad for that blaster rifle you've been breaking your back to get something because it is horrible without some upgrades and now you can't unlock them...grrr.
    If i were 16 i'd be *****, if i were 23 i'd be on a blonde in the corner, if i were 30 i'd be honing my career and this would be an off novelty of my youth, since i am past all that i would just like some real fps gameplay in the Star Wars genre - hello?

• KrewZi wrote: »
    how do you know if someone is cheating?

Well you have the obvious blatant hacks like

instant kill full health hero = over powered weapon hacks
    put multiple bullets into them but no damage done = health hacks
    head shots only, instant kills = aim bot hacks

and then there's the less obvious hacks. i was thinking about this and ea/dice could help players assist them with reporting cheaters by providing alerts when you encounter a cheater. think about it, they know how much damage a weapon does and a certain range so they should therefore be able to detect op weapon hacks and health hacks by current stats.

thanks, i have just experienced it!

go one shot killed by a tl-50 as officer. didn't think much of it. (actually i get killed one shot a lot and never think much of it!)

then i got bossk and the same tl-50 one shot killed me at full health!

so i indiciated via chat and everybody had the same experience and someone reported him.

wow this really sucks how many times i must have had all that you mentioned
  • in fact i remember on GA there was a guy who was waiting a few metres from my spawn point ... surely he can't get that far into the map! so perhaps map area hack!

(it was mos eisley)
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    in fact i remember on GA there was a guy who was waiting a few metres from my spawn point ... surely he can't get that far into the map! so perhaps map area hack!

(it was mos eisley)

Actually they can get pretty close for a very short while it counts down ,same as when you get overrun and have to move to a new area of map (change to stage 2 or 3 counts down to zero) it will only kill them if they remain after zero. Its not a hack and it is usable as an advantage, (if it wasn't then should kill you quicker). You can do it on Hoth when playing as rebels wait in hanger until last moment as enemy think your legging it, get a few extra kills before running off, you can also do it in other maps when flanking, it gives a comment but allows you into the no go zone for a limited period.

On a different subject whilst playing last night on SA i played on to some pretty awful maps. Rubber banding issues.
    Aiming at one enemy star fighter only for it to disappear, totally (no not Kylo ship with cloak). Spawned in the middle of the map on 2 different maps bit weird that one. Also killed a player only to have him appear directly in front of me head on within 3 - 4 seconds and blow me up. Some servers were reasonable some terrible, i commented as did a few others, some people said they had no issues at all so wonder if it depends where you join from, primarily notice those with issues are UK area those without are mainland Europe, (is it a BREXIT thing i wonder) just joking)). Of course it isn't Brexit its just rubbish servers.
  • From my perspective this update is a disaster that should be rolled back ASAP. Prior to the update all of my experiences with the game were very positive. Now I almost don't want to bother playing any more until it gets patched again. I have two major problems plus a few minor ones.

First off, I am now fighting the same big that lots of people have described in which new weapon mods cannot be claimed. The timing really sinks because I just finished the long grind to get themail NT-242 for my specialist.

The second problem is that each time the map changes, I get thrown to a different server. This means that I then join the match late....sometimes just as it ends. This stinks. I never had this problem before last week's update. I also almost never see the whole intro or outro of the matches anymore. I've also experienced more dropping from games and other glitches.

I don't know what's so hard about team balancing. Just go back to what Battlefront 2015 did: After each map is finished, re-shuffle the teams based on the players' performance in the last game. Don't keep jumping servers all the time.

For me at least, there was no change in rubber-banding. It still happens from time to time just like before the update.

FWIW...playing on Xbox one in Virginia with a ping time of about 21 msec to the nearest server.

Please fix this game so I can enjoy it again!

PC is more likely to be the cheaters, it's not a big a problem on console, but still happens. If you have played a lot of PC games you will know most of the common cheats or glitches that happen in the game.

These are typical cheats:
    • Standard Character or Hero is flying around the game without every touching the ground. Like if bossk was to jump and never touch the ground after that.
    • Brand new game, you start off from spawn point and within one or two seconds multiple people are dead without leaving the spawn point and someone killed them all instantly.
    • Walk hacks; however, they have given this to a few select characters as an ability. Anyone else would be cheating if they used wall hacks. You can see people through walls; however, they have given Bossk predator ability and Rey insight ability, and sniper binocular tag ability, so that these three characters get to use wall hacks. This use to be an old cheat but now they have added that into the game for only those three characters to use.
    • Auto aim cheat; however, Finn is only character allowed to use this ability/cheat to hit people no matter where he is aiming. This cheat is regularly used in PC to get heatshots instantly and continuously. Only able to tell if this is happening if the game has a feature that tells you what part of the body you are being killed at. Stats will also tell you this too. If some gets 100% headshots and they have a lot of kills then this is an aimbot cheat.
    • Infinite firing without overheating or reloading (rocket lauchers).
    • Able to use special abilities endlessly without waiting for cooldown
    • In death screen if you see you are killed by something that the other teammate is not allowed to use

Typically you don't have to worry about them unless you are on PC or the game is near the end of it's life. Most of the problems or things out of the ordinary you are going to see in game are bugs and glitches that the programmers of the game have caused and need to address, like Emperor Palpetine's lightning through walls....samething similar happened in Star wars Battlefront 1 (2015), Lando had a bug/glitch in his special fire ability that caused him to shoot high rates of fire and deal lots of damage.

There is a difference between the abilities of the heros not being balanced well by the developers and cheats. Here are some actual cheats from the last SWBF 1.

Number 3 and Number 1 from this video

• I played yesterday and the lag was not as bad. It seems as it is getting better. But I did have a couple small hiccups. Enough to make it feel odd while playing. But it is an improvement. For the first time in over a month I was willing to play Galactic Assault. I do think it needs more tweeking but it is going in the right direction.
  • Since the update I continuously get kicked to the main menu after the end of a match. Things are worse than before for me on PS4
  • djclipper74
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Playing right now. lag is getting bad. Ohio Server. Galactic Assault. PS4
  • Rook008
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Just got done playing 4 matches of GA (for the Daily Challenge Milestone).
    It wasn't bad. No lag that I noticed. Lobbies filled up quickly. Games ended pretty quickly though, there wasn't a lot of teamwork. There seemed to be a fair bit of team shuffling.
    And the Milestone counted, so that's a plus.

Xbox one, Virginia Servers.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Team shuffle appears to be back, but most games are still heavily on-sided...