criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Game Server Performance Update Feedback

12346Next

Replies

• Played 2 games today where i placed in the top 5 on my team on GA and would have been in the top 3 on the opponents side with an even k/d or better - ptfo'ing and i received 0 credits...and then after finishing yet another milestone, challenge, achievement - make that 10 - i did not receive the reward. This game has really p***ed me off.
  • Exodus425
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    After a game or 2 in galactic, I get put into a totally different game, sometimes empty, sometimes the same map. In Heroes vs. Villians, I would play a game and then it would randomly place me in a totally different game. The most frustrating thing is that it does this even when im in a party with friends in the game. It would either kick my friends out to the menu or put them in totally different games. And every time this happens, we all have to leave our current games and then wait another 5 mins to load the menu.
  • thanks to the new server system, this game (Galactic Assault) is unplayable.

I CANNOT GET ONTO ANY MATCHES.

click play GA

wait

go onto a server

need 16 more players

after 5 mins everybody quits

quit

click play GA

rinse repeat

eventually you get the last map you played - why do i want to do that?

quit

click play GA

this is what happens every day at peak hours, non peak hours, 24 hrs

i'm done with this, i've got better things to do
  • to make matters worse

i earn milestones but cannot claim rewards

my arms are up in the air

why should i continue wasting my time on this garbage?
  • OneJediCat
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Lagging a lot on all game modes. Sometimes I lag for a few seconds and it’s not really bothersome but sometimes it’s extremely unplayable. Galactic assault is the only game mode that always lags. I only play other game modes unless timed challenges require me to play galactic assault at this point, and I have to finish the achievement with extreme lag. Lots of teleporting across my screen. Also, I end up in empty lobbies after a good match. For every 10 matches I join, I’m able to play only 3. If five players are needed, it stays that way and after a few minutes, everyone starts leaving. This is for all game modes. I can’t even join a match from the beginning. Only half way through. I don’t see any changes so far. I play on PC and my connection is fine. Troubleshooting didn’t fix anything. Otherwise, I’m having fun on good days when there’s no lag.
    Post edited by OneJediCat on
  • Unknown450
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    So after seeing how bad the matchmaking had become after the server patch I decided to take a week off from the game. Hoping it would look better when I returned. Well...

No it's not any better, matchmaking is still horrible and I never really had lag issues in this game before the server patch. but now I'm having the worst lag, especially in Galactic Assault. I have 200 meg with pretty stable internet, I shouldn't be lagging like this.

I really hope they take this seriously, see how bad its affecting people. And do something about it soon, this is not something to wait months and months to fix.
    I used to spend hours playing daily when able. But now I just log in to do the daily then I log off and play other things...
  • Can you please do something about waiting to go on to the next round of Galactic Assault and then all of the sudden I'm being moved to the main menu? Not cool. Not cool at all.
  • Noticed a lot less lag. Last night barely lagged at all and I had a game of blast that came down to 1 kill. Have to say after the horrible lag last 2 weeks this is a much welcomed improvement.
  • OneJediCat
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Also, achievements aren’t updated. Defeat 5 enemies as a Special Unit. Played 3 matches of Blast and killed atleast 20 players(kills, not assists) in total but the achievement is stuck at 3/5. Achievement; Defeat 10 troopers. Play one match of Blast and kill (not counting assists) 20 troopers. Achievement: 0/10.
    This is on PC.
  • Another thing. Cards get unequipped in the middle of the match. Trooper, reinforcements, ships, vehicles and heroes. One of these things have all their cards unequipped. This bug has been there for quite a while now.
  • OneJediCat
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    More to say unfortunately. On PC, I get kicked out in the middle of a match far too often. Applies to all game modes. The game may lag (galactic assault always lags) or not, but I still get kicked out and told that my connection was lost. It still, however, shows that I am online. I can rejoin a new match after that but still I lose progress from the match I got kicked out of.
  • This game should implement the kill assist counts as kill like BF1 - waaaaay toooo many times i'm stealing kills or getting kills stolen. That one sniper rifle is the king for kill assists - went 2-17-6 - that is 2 kills, 17 assts and 6 deaths.
    Oh yeah and the lag on xbone is real - have to laugh because it is sooo bad that you can't take the game serious.
  • Pc/GA/ 10 days ago/ LAGS right afte second map loads=reconect to another game changed 10 servers per 3 hours / today heavy lags on 3 servers started 30-50 mins ago
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    why is it that every time they fix something it gets worse?

and please stop nerfing everything just because someone doesn't know how to play the game. and stop tweaking with stuff and making them unplayable.

the original dumb servers were so much fun because it takes 5 seconds to find a server and 5 seconds to load a match.

i spent the whole night waiting last 2 nights (peak hours) and only played in half empty 100% one sided matches. (PC)

REVERT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS SERVER SYSTEM. they were wayyyyy less one sided that this supposedly clever system.
  • Servers are still very very inconsistent. But i would like to know where you get the teleport star card, I had teammate who has one he was right and front of me then disappeared and reappeared 50 ft further up the path.
  • Not happy with the new servers AT ALL. Game is going great...got 40 players...next game I'm kicked into a lonesome lobby with 2 other players waiting for 18 more, who never come. What is with that...WHY? Every 3 games or so I get kicked out of a game. Nothing wrong with my internet connection on this end. Mostly happens on GA, SA is usually better, though I've been kicked out a few times there, too. It really, really stinks because every time you get kicked into a new lobby, you lose the map rotation you were on, so some maps you play over and over, and some maps you almost never play.
    What really floors me is that they had this right in the old Battlefront game. Nice normal map rotation, and a shuffling of the top and bottom players from map to map. So someone over there knows how to make it work properly.
  • In the last few days, I did not encounter any major lags at all.
    Well Done!!!

Downside is, I get booted to main menu, into empty lobbies, entirely different, half-way done games every 2-4 rounds.

Please fix this.
  • BoE
    88 posts Member
    I keep getting placed into half finished rounds following 2-4 wins in the top 3. The place could be irrelevant or not, I do not know. This happens individually and with a party. The entire party moves to these half finished games, and occasionally one of the party gets booted to the menu.

Also, during games in parties of more than 2 (have been up to 9) someone gets booted mid round. Although I suspect this an internet issue bc I never experience this and I have exceptional speed and connection.

I have not experienced any lag since the update, not even on kashyyyk. It been great.

• Not happy with the new servers AT ALL. Game is going great...got 40 players...next game I'm kicked into a lonesome lobby with 2 other players waiting for 18 more, who never come. What is with that...WHY? Every 3 games or so I get kicked out of a game. Nothing wrong with my internet connection on this end. Mostly happens on GA, SA is usually better, though I've been kicked out a few times there, too. It really, really stinks because every time you get kicked into a new lobby, you lose the map rotation you were on, so some maps you play over and over, and some maps you almost never play.
    What really floors me is that they had this right in the old Battlefront game. Nice normal map rotation, and a shuffling of the top and bottom players from map to map. So someone over there knows how to make it work properly.

i'm ALWAYS waiting for 18 other players. PC.

????
  • Last night (Feb 1st) was the WORST on PS4 in EU.

- Clicking on joining game online game did nothing. I had to restart the game like 5 times for the game to actually start joining a game when I clicked X. Any game on any mode... good waste of 20 minutes.

- Lagfest! I couldn't kill anyone. I emptied my mags in heads, backs, and the guys just turned around and 1 shot me. It can happen sometimes, but EVERY gun fight, no way. Couldn't be anything other than lag. How else can my ennemies survive 2 straight sniper headshots ? How else can 2 vanguard point blank shots NOT kill you? etc... worst kd streak ever, I just had to stop after 1 hour of constant death.

- Joining a GA game, loading, loading, loading then Boom booted back to home screen. Great, lets waste another 5 minutes for nothing...

- Changing regions: I chose to connect to DE servers, closest to me and best ping, yet I go back to options I am now on some Asian or SA server with horrible ping?? Why are my settings changing after every game?

- Aim assist: one game its on, one game its off... I'm just tired of going back in the menus during every game to keep my settings!

All these issues happened last night. I am just sick of these times where I have 1 hour of gaming night, I just want to relax and have fun and I do not because I am fighting issues like this instead of fighting players :(
  • The whole matchmaking debacle, and you being put in an entirely different lobby, is this actually intended or something that just got through and you intend to revert this change?

The whole matchmaking into a different lobby is a very bad idea, and I'll explain why.
    • Seeing as we have no server browser, the only way to ensure that you get to play a certain map is to go through the whole playlist. With you being put in another lobby, it'll be up to pure luck to whether you're be playing your favorite map or not.
    • Matchmaking splits up groups. We've experienced several times that one of our members gets dropped out of our current lobby and is put in a whole other lobby. This forces the rest of us to either leave the game and queue again, or that person has to try re-join the game, and most of the time, the lobby is full. Matchmaking shouldn't split up groups, or at the very least, try to keep them in the same lobby.

I'm all up for matchmaking. But for the love of god, restrict it to only lobby-based matchmaking. I don't want to be put in another lobby.
  • The whole matchmaking debacle, and you being put in an entirely different lobby, is this actually intended or something that just got through and you intend to revert this change?

The whole matchmaking into a different lobby is a very bad idea, and I'll explain why.
    • Seeing as we have no server browser, the only way to ensure that you get to play a certain map is to go through the whole playlist. With you being put in another lobby, it'll be up to pure luck to whether you're be playing your favorite map or not.
    • Matchmaking splits up groups. We've experienced several times that one of our members gets dropped out of our current lobby and is put in a whole other lobby. This forces the rest of us to either leave the game and queue again, or that person has to try re-join the game, and most of the time, the lobby is full. Matchmaking shouldn't split up groups, or at the very least, try to keep them in the same lobby.

I'm all up for matchmaking. But for the love of god, restrict it to only lobby-based matchmaking. I don't want to be put in another lobby.

+1

It needs to be fixed. Or maybe unfixed. Lol.

Why can’t they just shuffle teams while keeping you in the lobby?

I also liked how you could see your lobby before going through the map loading screen in BF2015 That way if you tried to switch you would waste less time. Now if you try to leave a lobby and go to a new one you have to load all the way in before you realize you’re in the same lobby.
  • OneJediCat
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Another thing I forgot to mention. Every time I join a match, my fps is extremely bad till I die for the first time. I lose because it runs like 3 frames per second. Every game mode except starfighter assault does this. It goes away then comes back at random times during the match. There’s also freezing and teleporting as I have already mentioned. In Arcade mode, there's no freezing or FPS drop throughout the round but the FPS drops in the first few seconds just like any other game mode. It just lasts a bit longer in multiplayer. I don’t know if this happens to anyone else on PC but it does happen to me and it’s annoying.
    This started happening a couple of weeks ago. My game used to run excellently before that. The lag has always been there though but now it’s worse.
  • only a few more matches needed to reach rank 50 which i will likely get later today then im done until you fix this broken ***** matchmaking. which i dont expect i mean i can still shoot people through floors and ceilings with palpatine what makes anyone think the matchmaking will be fixed anytime this year?

I could be wrong but it seems getting into different lobby only happens when playing on a group, since I haven't been put on a different lobby this week while playing solo on PC.

I think it makes sense if it's intended for groups, since there's no way a team shuffling can even teams if there is a group of 4 players on small modes like HvV/Strike or 6+ or more on GA.
  • Rook008
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Victor94 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but it seems getting into different lobby only happens when playing on a group, since I haven't been put on a different lobby this week while playing solo on PC.

I play solo on Xbox and I get put into different lobbies all of the time. Maybe it's different on PC? I don't know.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Lag was less last night but present in some players teleporting and stuttering however matchmaking is still a joke. Blast and GA matches are lopsided from being down 5 players and the other team filled up first putting our team down 7 and throughout the game we only added 3 to be down 4...surprise - we lost. On the flip side in one of the blast games our team started up two players and finished the game up 5 which is hard to fight back from. Will there be any help to the spawns? Too many times on blast and on GA (but not as much on GA) you'll spawn right in front of a waiting squad, wookie warrior or hero (villain) - it's kind of broken.
  • Victor94
    321 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Victor94 wrote: »

I play solo on Xbox and I get put into different lobbies all of the time. Maybe it's different on PC? I don't know.

Funny thing is that after I made this post I got put in different lobbies 3 times in a row (everytime as a villain) on HvV, I will try later on GA :p
  • jonci
    1241 posts Member
    zambalex2 wrote: »
    Last night (Feb 1st) was the WORST on PS4 in EU.

- Clicking on joining game online game did nothing. I had to restart the game like 5 times for the game to actually start joining a game when I clicked X. Any game on any mode... good waste of 20 minutes.

- Lagfest! I couldn't kill anyone. I emptied my mags in heads, backs, and the guys just turned around and 1 shot me. It can happen sometimes, but EVERY gun fight, no way. Couldn't be anything other than lag. How else can my ennemies survive 2 straight sniper headshots ? How else can 2 vanguard point blank shots NOT kill you? etc... worst kd streak ever, I just had to stop after 1 hour of constant death.

- Joining a GA game, loading, loading, loading then Boom booted back to home screen. Great, lets waste another 5 minutes for nothing...

- Changing regions: I chose to connect to DE servers, closest to me and best ping, yet I go back to options I am now on some Asian or SA server with horrible ping?? Why are my settings changing after every game?

- Aim assist: one game its on, one game its off... I'm just tired of going back in the menus during every game to keep my settings!

All these issues happened last night. I am just sick of these times where I have 1 hour of gaming night, I just want to relax and have fun and I do not because I am fighting issues like this instead of fighting players :(

I agree with the LAG fest issue, i shot at players only to have them kill me, then when i check the score prior to re-spawning i have them as kills or assists really weird as i am thinking i hadn't killed any one, in fact last night i had this and i swear i didn't kill any of them on a couple of occasions when it states i did???
  • i play on xbox one and this game is a total lag fest. the last game i played i was stuck in rubberbanding for about a minute, than died because of it. than respawned and started rubberbanding again as soon as i got close to someone. i pretty much have to play only as a long range sniper because as soon as i get close to someone it start's lagging. this game has the worst server's i have ever seen.
  • Still can’t unlock my Resurrection Rewards
  • Please fix load times... shouldn’t take us 5 min to leave/join games.
  • Revan1 wrote: »
    Please fix load times... shouldn’t take us 5 min to leave/join games.

...and what is it with the glitch white and black screen and the 'white' noise among other strange load-up stuff...black screens, strange speed load screen droid or opening crates in super speed - just weird glitch stuff for a simple loading of a game. Please address.
  • Rook008
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    For what it's worth, I see almost no lag in Blast, Heroes vs. Villains, Strike, and Starfighter Assault. I don't play Galactic Assault unless there's a reason to, like a Milestone.

I play on Xbox One with an Open NAT and a hard-wired connection to router. SWBF2 says I have an 11ms ping to the Virginia Servers.
    As far as I can tell, I'm always connecting to the Virginia servers and it doesn't get switched by the game.
    I can't prioritize traffic with my current router, but I generally don't do anything with the connection while I'm playing Xbox.

Load times seem a bit long, but especially the time it takes to load the main menu after leaving a match.
    Also, getting put into almost empty Lobbies that never fill up is a problem.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Matchmaking in GA is broken. I continually get placed with Japanese and European players, despite the fact that I should be on Australian servers. Nothing against Japanese or Europeans (except maybe the Germans for the war crimes they committed against my grandad), but the latency is too much. The old system was better.
  • same please bring back the old system
  • Is the matchmaking disabled on weekends?

Until Friday, the team shuffling was working but this weekend I haven't been put on a different lobby or seen any team shuffling, and I think the same happened one week ago. (I've tried only GA on PC)
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    i hope they stop matchmaking. i don't mind ping limiting, but match making was a big fail.

you would see GA matches over within 1 minute when the attacking (or defending) side all over the objectives and the other team all whip out their sniper rifles, or going for a nice walk to the beach, with a few solo heroes doing something.
  • jonci
    1241 posts Member
    Waited 4 minutes to get into game, only to join then it ended never fired a shot did get one credit though, more of this and i can waste my whole day getting nowhere.

Another game just gave me message game ended no stats available, great, like paying to see a film and getting the last end credit before the cinema shuts.

Love the game that's why i try to play it, please just stop messing about and sort the basics first then work on the rest of it.
  • jonci
    1241 posts Member
    Am impressed.

Played HVV great games (still waiting for players to join but not excessive wait), but no lag on servers etc. Same for SA great games really smooth, great improvement hopefully we have seen the end of LAG and Rubber Banding, thanks to the Developers for the great work, keep it up. (Can we have a fix for adding timed challenge kills correctly on challenges so we can check between matches etc without having to log out of the server to check).
    Any way great work many thanks.
  • Yes! No more steamrolls!

Um no got steamrolled twice this morning. They have objectives roll so quick. Only takes one spawn round to loose them.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    i am finding real trouble getting onto matches. i am usually put in a lounge with 1-2 others no matter what type of multiplayer.

so i can't play anything. there is something very wrong with this server tweak.
  • shhnuhgrr wrote: »
    Last night our team rolled out a server update that targeted performance and matchmaking on servers. We would love to hear feedback on how your connectivity and gameplay feel on the servers post this update.

Please keep feedback to the server performance update that was released on 1/24/18.

Im on PC and had daily rubber-banding and halts. Today was 100% fine. I like the shuffle with rounds too, keep it somewhat balanced.

After some time now, getting HALTS once in a while. Like 3

update again. it was laggy saturday morning for a few games. and by laggy i mean playing a minute or so then game halts, i can spin around my character with my mouse then 5 seconds im back. seems like the game played while i was lagged cuz sometimes i died after coming out of lag.
  • it's hit or miss depending on team shuffle...played several rounds last night on blast - seen teleporting players, had several black screens freezes, soft freezes (where the sound and screen freeze but then everything moves along like nothing happened), kicked out of two matches and watched some superb lag on some players. Playing at peak US East time - would suppose on those servers, on xbone with a ping 25 or less steady and not having much fun of it. When it plays well - i play well, when the game is a mess - who knows what you'll get but don't use sniper rifles - one shot on a player that might be there is beyond risky.
  • Inflatable
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Inflatable wrote: »
    I'll save my judgement on the server lag after I've played the game this coming weekend.. Way to early to judge already, since the problem usually only occurs during peak hours of numbers of players online (evenings and weekends)..
    Well, almost a month later I unfortunately have to say I still occasionally run into very laggy sessions.. How hard can it be to just have a reliable service?!? Run your **** on good enough hardware and pay for enough bandwidth.. Pathetic!

Especially considering back in the late 90's early 00's when us "customers" were still allowed to run our own servers the whole experience was a lot more stable and better.. On PC.. And now almost 2 decades later we have to deal with this ****..

Progress, ha! Just monetization..