criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Played BF 1 for the first time since release of BF II

For fun I went back and played some Walker Assault on BF1. I have not played since the new game dropped. Here is just one man's opinion.

The game mechanics in BFII make it a much more difficult game. I am not sure exactly what it is, but last night (playing BF 1) I was able to identify the enemy faster, have quicker reaction time.

I did notice the gun play is much easier in BF 1. I do like the idea of open choice to use any gun.

I now realize that I really do not like the class system in the second game. It limits the player so much. Last night I enjoyed adapting my hands according to the different maps, and to the players on the other team. I could go with a pulse cannon and a grenade. Giving me a long range and short range offensive options.

The battle points was a good idea, stopping token campers. However, all it has led is to point farming. Buffing your team, getting AI kills in the air, etc. I find it did not improve the objective play.

However, I do love the graphics in the new game. I find the maps above and beyond pleasing. Truly amazing. I do like that Galactic Assault is a little different for each map. However, they do need more modes. HvV is MUCH MUCH better in the second game.

I have yet to become a dominate player in the second game, rarely finishing on the board. Last night I has 42 kills and was named the MVP, plus most uplinks defended. That was my very first match back. Of course I did get killed trying to do a front roll on many occasions. Oops. I do think I will start to set aside time to play the first game more.

Replies

• Interesting, I reinstalled BF1 as well, this past weekend, and played two rounds of the Death Star DLC playlist. My thoughts:

I agree that spotting opponents is much easier to spot in BF1. I play other other online shooters (COD, Battlefield 1 and Uncharted 4) and don't have any problems spotting other players.

The reason the weapons in BF1 are easier to handle is there is noticeably less recoil and you don't have to manually reset your cooling. They basically added an ammo system in BF2 with adding a literal ammo system. I prefer the overheat system in BF2.

I prefer the class system. BF1 has a problem with meta loadouts that created an environment of seeing one-man-army players. Combos of bacta, jump pack or scatter gun, explosive shot and bodyguard was very common and was the most common loadout I saw.

BF1 has a higher 'fun factor' than BF2 currently has. The narrative of the DLC modes (Extraction, Sabotage, Battlestation and Infiltration) are still the best modes. The announcers in BF1 give a greater sense of urgency. Being able to use an alien skin was a big perk but hope BF2 introduces that soon. Heroes were a real threat in BF1, albeit a bit OP, health-wise.

HvV and Starfighter Assault in BF2 are far superior to BF1. Strike is garbage compared to Cargo, Droid Run and Drop Zone.

If you want to party up and play BF1 let me know. Sev, Kona and Bear are also interested.
  • We need to, for old time sake. Of course you guys love Death Star! lol. All I know is I dominated last night on BF1, whereas I have not come close to being at the top of BF II
  • Rock7005
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Personally, I expected battlefront 2 to be different but I didn't expect them to change it so much that it ruins the fun. I now find myself raging and getting frustrated much easier than the last game. It's not because I liked to use meta builds (the classes are fine), but I hate how it takes forever to spawn and get back in the fight. It was fun since I didn't feel punished so much for dying and I could just keep playing. I think there should be an option to be In a spawn wave so there isn't as much of a time penalty as there is now. Don't get me wrong, BF2 has a lot to offer but it also has a lot of wasted potential. There's so many features that would help players make the game personal for them, such as the variety of gamemodes and weapons. Speaking of weapons, I don't understand why some heroes/classes have weapons unique to them. Why can't I have a lesser version of Han Solos DL-44 or use stormtroopers E-11 on any Era? The things I listed are what made battlefront 2015 seperate from all my other shooters, it doesn't need to be arcadey but it should still have kept some of what battlefront 1 offered.
    It doesn't feel like they expanded on battlefront 1, it feels like they completely disregarded it and I don't think that was smart.
  • i love the fact in BF1 the gun plasma burst is nice and glowy and u can see if you are about to run in crossfire.

Yes enemies are much easier to see - unlike Bf2 where they appear so blended to the terrain

• You know I'm always up for some WA
  • You know I'm always up for some WA

especially after we were on that HORRIBLE GA team a week ago. I am finding when I play by myself I am put on some really bad teams.
  • you guys on Xbox one or PS 4 i would love to join
  • I'd be very happy if DICE/EA would bring back straight up Walker Assault to BFII. It was by far my favorite game mode in BF1.
  • you guys on Xbox one or PS 4 i would love to join

we play PS4
  • Rock7005 wrote: »
    Personally, I expected battlefront 2 to be different but I didn't expect them to change it so much that it ruins the fun. I now find myself raging and getting frustrated much easier than the last game. It's not because I liked to use meta builds (the classes are fine), but I hate how it takes forever to spawn and get back in the fight. It was fun since I didn't feel punished so much for dying and I could just keep playing. I think there should be an option to be In a spawn wave so there isn't as much of a time penalty as there is now. Don't get me wrong, BF2 has a lot to offer but it also has a lot of wasted potential. There's so many features that would help players make the game personal for them, such as the variety of gamemodes and weapons. Speaking of weapons, I don't understand why some heroes/classes have weapons unique to them. Why can't I have a lesser version of Han Solos DL-44 or use stormtroopers E-11 on any Era? The things I listed are what made battlefront 2015 seperate from all my other shooters, it doesn't need to be arcadey but it should still have kept some of what battlefront 1 offered.
    It doesn't feel like they expanded on battlefront 1, it feels like they completely disregarded it and I don't think that was smart.

I hate the spawn run. Some games I feel like I'm running the entire time. By the time I get to the objectives the map is moving on so I have to run some more. Only to get picked off by an ambush and start over.

I used to love spawning on my partner. Got you right into the action.
  • forsa6200
    213 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I miss the ohk pulse cannon... my anti-vehicle assault medic sniper class.. lol.

Btw i enjoy bf2 more bf1 except the progression system.
  • I like that the ion torpedo actually takes out the air opposition and that they don’t heal back to full making the ion null