criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II: THE WAR IS JUST BEGINNING

Prev1
It's been an eventful few months for Star Wars™ fans, hasn't it? Star Wars™ : The Last Jedi ™ swept into theaters, and millions of players lived out their Star Wars fantasies in Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II. With the release of The Last Jedi Season, the Resistance's brave freedom fighters and the First Order's imposing stormtroopers engaged in desperate showdowns on Crait over 156 million times, while X-wings and TIE fighters chased each other through the skies above D’Qar.
Together, you completed over 10 million quests for your factions. 58% of you chose to join Captain Phasma and the First Order, while 42% fought alongside Finn and the Resistance.

And to quote Luke Skywalker on the salt-covered plains of Crait, “the war is just beginning.” The most recent update added Iden's TIE/LN fighter as a hero starfighter and incorporated the Crait map into Blast Mode. The next few months are packed with massive additions to Star Wars Battlefront II.

We're working on a revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we've seen players asking for. We'll be sharing more details about these changes in March.
A game mode called Jetpack Cargo is coming in February. Two teams of eight players equipped with jet packs compete in Jetpack Cargo, a frantic, fast-paced way to play. This mode will only be available for a limited time, so don’t miss it.
A new Season is coming soon. We’ve learned a lot from the first season of content for Star Wars Battlefront II, and we're integrating those insights into our plans moving forward. We know you’re waiting for details on what’s coming in the next season, and we’ll have more to tell you soon.
Our goal has always been to create the best possible experience taking into account the feedback of our fans to continue to evolve and grow Star Wars Battlefront II.

On behalf of everyone on the Star Wars Battlefront II team, may the Force™ be with you, and we will see you on the battlefront!

SWBF2-Infographic_v5.jpg
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• redherring87
    190 posts Member
    edited January 25
    It’s good to hear some news but it’s so funny to me that they keep saying Season 2 DLC info is coming “soon” this scene illustrates the situation ... https://streamable.com/gdw6t
  • GodKC
    242 posts Member
    I would get to the progression system sooner rather than later. What is the plan? The reason I ask: I want this game to succeed.

I fear waiting will create an atmosphere conducive for failure.
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • This is amazing you are amazing YA!
    Ya Ya ya Ya!
    The best damned speeder pilot in the Galaxy..

http://bit.ly/2smYu2B My YouTube gameplay.
  • It’s good to hear some news but it’s so funny to me that they keep saying Season 2 DLC info is coming “soon” this scene illustrates the situation ... https://streamable.com/gdw6t

Lol at that vid. Unfortunately, it seems to true of the devs communications policies. I certainly hope they improve in this area.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    When will we here about Arcade?
    Hoped something would be mentioned about Arcade in the post. #SoloPlayersMatter

You two are not the only ones waiting for info on this.

Still hoping we will get Starfighter and Galactic Assaults added to Arcade so we can play on all of the large maps with all of the vehicles as well.

There was a good amount new people asking about Arcade in the "Submit Your Questions" thread.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • espero con ansias el modo de juego "conquista galactica" sin duda algo que todabia falta en el juego que hace que siga siendo inferiores a los de la PS2
  • IIPrest0nII
    2044 posts SWBF Moderator
    edited January 25
    Hi @coloreta

Star Wars Battlefront forums currently support English language only. Please write your comments in English in the next time. Use any online- translator if you needed.

Thanks!

Star Wars Battlefront Volunteer Moderator
  • Explain to me why I should be excited about these things when you have offered next to no information about them, aside from that they are quite a while away?

Yay, another two months (likely three of more if they aren't releasing any information until some time in March) of putting up with this abysmal progression system that was designed and approved by people that should not be in charge of making decisions for a video game (i'd prefer to state it differently, but that's the polite version). Then again, I suppose we should count ourselves blesses that EA/DICE have indirectly admitted that the current progression system is utter filth. Then again, given that the same people are likely in charge that approved the current one, I'm not all that hopeful. Though, if they were to announce that those managers have been replaced...now that would get me excited and filled with hope.

Yay, another season at some undetermined point in the future because we currently have so much cool and interesting content to keep us occupied with. Whoops, my bad, I actually made an assumption there - I apologise. I shouldn't have assumed that we can even get into a game that's not a dead lobby.

I can hardly contain my excitement at this lack of any real update and lack of in depth data provided provided about the first season. Frankly, the limited stats would have been more interesting DURING the season, not after it. Because you know, no one actually likes to know how they're going in a 'team' game during the actual game, right?
  • I actually would like some chicken and dumplings to go with my whine. Otherwise: your team has done a brilliant job at recovering/salvaging this beautiful Star Wars universe.
    "It's too late to save me" - Vader would say to the progression system - but we'll welcome any good will. And, most of us will keep laser-blasting our lives away - regardless of the losses in crates. Well done!
  • I am honestly dissapointed beyond belief at the inability of EA/Dice to understand what the community wants and their lack of direct communication. For weeks, all we've gotten is reply after reply of non-committal answers to our questions in anticipation of the next season and additional content. The borderline-arrogance that they display to expect the community to pat the devs on the back for revamping the progression system and prioritizing it over season 2 is an utter joke. It's a problem that was their fault from the beginning and the fact that they are delaying future dlc to fix it feels like a slap in the face to the current player base and an identical feel to the first Battlefront game, which needs no reminder to the fatal flaws it possessed as a marketable game. For EA to have discussed Battlefront 2 last year and claim that there would be often and continuous dlc feels like a lie now and adds to their already low reputation within the gaming community. The next week or two will tell us a lot about the longevity that this game will possess and whether the Battlefront community cares enough to stick around to see the "soon" to come additional content.

Very well written. I agree with all of it. I will stick with this game for good because I am committed to unlocking everything (using online if I have to) and enjoying this game with people in split screen. The game has won me over but the customer service certainly has not.
  • Hey man, thanks for the update! I don't even know all the stress you guys are having to go through but I tip my hat to ya for slowly but surely giving us AWESOME stuff over time! I just can't wait for Grievous! Yay! Btw don't you dare nerf Bossk like a foam bullet! Lol but seriously Sledge, thanks!
  • Bossk4L1FE wrote: »
    Btw don't you dare nerf Bossk like a foam bullet!

Yessss, please don't MANipulate the Bossk! If anything - send him to the Resistance side (with a jet-pack and electric whip) to help with a flying Sidious and Boba Fett. I want Lord Sidious to die a horrible death - with grenades blasting out of his eye sockets and electric bolts splitting his a$$ in half.
    Or, you could just nerf the dude and take away the chain execution junk. Luke and his sister are a joke against these fools.
  • Please implement free look in the next update! i need to be able to see starfighters at my 4 o'clock ;)
  • MalcolmCZ
    8 posts Member
    edited January 27
    ''We're working on a revamped progression system.''

Plese tell me that it will not reset our current progresion ?
  • JonOne wrote: »
    Please implement free look in the next update! i need to be able to see starfighters at my 4 o'clock ;)

^This, and cockpits for all Armor, Speeder and Artillery class units.
    "All wings report in."
  • There is absolutely no way to enjoy this game at this point - unless you CHEAT (which turns a real Fan of SW shooters into a loser). The hacks and the ridiculous progression are just the tip....honest players are getting slaughtered....teams are stacked on one side and horribly balanced. I've given this all the time I can. So, I'll see you in 10 years when you get this right. V/R lost customer for a very long time.
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    There is absolutely no way to enjoy this game at this point - unless you CHEAT (which turns a real Fan of SW shooters into a loser). The hacks and the ridiculous progression are just the tip....honest players are getting slaughtered....teams are stacked on one side and horribly balanced. I've given this all the time I can. So, I'll see you in 10 years when you get this right. V/R lost customer for a very long time.

Honestly I play this game a lot I am a honest player I have no problem being placed among the best player during the maps and I never had a issue with that I think a lot of people confuse good players as cheaters I mean this game is fast as **** and if you are good at it and play against noob team you can pretty much destroy half of them. Also talking about noob teams that's the issue that pretty much every multiplayer game has and it is not a problem just for Battlefront II in any words just rejoin and hopefully you will have luck to join a better team. But yeah some of the weapons are not balanced very well for example Blurrg which can kill pretty much every basic class in 2 hits but again that's not cheating and seeing how developers updating the game I am pretty sure this issue will be fixed soon.

To end this if you don't completely sucks in the game you will have a great time you just have to get used to it how fast it is.
    There is absolutely no way to enjoy this game at this point - unless you CHEAT (which turns a real Fan of SW shooters into a loser). The hacks and the ridiculous progression are just the tip....honest players are getting slaughtered....teams are stacked on one side and horribly balanced. I've given this all the time I can. So, I'll see you in 10 years when you get this right. V/R lost customer for a very long time.

I play this game a lot I am a honest player and I don't have a problem being place among the best players during the matches I think the issue is that players pretty commonly confuse good player as cheaters I mean the game is fast as **** and if you are good at it and plays against the noob team you don't have a problem with destroying half of them but that's not cheating. Although talking about the noob teams I think that's the issue a lot of multiplayer games have and its a issue that can't never be properly fixed due the huge variety of how players actually plays the game. In other words just rejoin and hopefully you will join a better team. But yeah balancing... some of the weapons are not properly balanced for example the Blurrg which can kill pretty much every basic class in 2 hits but to see how developers updating the game the issue will be hopefully fixed soon
  • MalcolmCZ
    8 posts Member
    edited January 28
    MalcolmCZ wrote: »
    VaperEyes wrote: »

I play this game a lot I am a honest player and I don't have a problem being place among the best players during the matches I think the issue is that players pretty commonly confuse good player as cheaters I mean the game is fast as **** and if you are good at it and plays against the noob team you don't have a problem with destroying half of them but that's not cheating. Although talking about the noob teams I think that's the issue a lot of multiplayer games have and its a issue that can't never be properly fixed due the huge variety of how players actually plays the game. In other words just rejoin and hopefully you will join a better team. But yeah balancing... some of the weapons are not properly balanced for example the Blurrg which can kill pretty much every basic class in 2 hits but to see how developers updating the game the issue will be hopefully fixed soon

well f*ck me but I though I accidentally deleted my first comment so I tried to rewrite it now there are 2 similar comments from me. F*ck. Wish I could delete my posts
    Post edited by MalcolmCZ on

Yup. The balance system is terrible and there are a good amount of cheaters in this game. However, what are we ever going to be able to do about it? Unless we are somehow ever able to play private games... If they had player managed dedicated servers with admins, then the cheating problem would be a lot less.
  • I like the update that you put into motion and am extremely excited for the new season that you guys are coming up with. My suggestion, along with a majority of players of Battlefront 2, is to add more Clone Wars content, such as Geonosis and a controllable LAAT.
    I hope you add more maps in the future.
    What about the Droid Attack on the Wookies?
    g5v8my8ynfe1.png
  • MalcolmCZ wrote: »
    Honestly I play this game a lot I am a honest player I have no problem being placed among the best player...I think a lot of people confuse good players as cheaters...play against noob team you can pretty much destroy half of them. Also talking about noob teams that's the issue that pretty much every multiplayer game

I've actually been out here since Nov19th. Noob team I can deal with - but people who have no interest in completing the objectives are worst than noob (Farmers). The progression system is strongly tied to the objectives - and no matter what - I still see tons of people standing at the doorway shooting at another doorway / or 10 snipers trying to kill noobs players that you could throw a rock at. The game is fun when your team (any team) goes for the objectives. 10 people who rush a hacker is 10 winners. And, yes I understand new people get confused - I play other stuff - but dxxxxxxmn.

I do often find a 'rockin team' - destroying the sh$t out of the other side - because they understand the objective.
  • alexDD55
    46 posts Member
    edited January 31
    The game is fun when your team (any team) goes for the objectives.

And here is the problem: a good team that plays the objective, often does not get a lot points/credits - but more important - the round is over too fast.
    very often i have been in those games and i always find it sad, when this happens.

this part should be balanced... some how...
  • alexDD55 wrote: »
    The game is fun when your team (any team) goes for the objectives.

And here is the problem: a good team that plays the objective, often does not get a lot points/credits - but more important - the round is over too fast.
    very often i have been in those games and i always find it sad, when this happens.

this part should be balanced... some how...

The balance IMO should be that match victory / number of objectives won/lost should be the primary factor for the rewards. As they say to the victor go the spoils. This would motivate people to say on objective and reward people who play the objective and play it well.

The potential problem with this is always losing the objectives would be demoralizing and cause players to leave the game disappointed. It also gives pre-made teams of a good players a who actually communicate (since for some dumb reason this game has no voice chat for an objective based game...) and MASSIVE advantage against your average random player.

Some fixes for that are:
    - Put premades againist premades and randoms againist randoms as much as possible.
    - Good team randomization after rounds (which was horrible at launch but they tried a change, I haven't seen massive improvements yet)
    - Figuring out a good way to skill balance teams (very hard to do and I've seen very few games get this right.
  • Wraith64
    9 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Teams are very unbalanced. This needs fixing. When one team substantially destroys the other team you can expect the next three or four games are going to go exactly the same way there's no way that that should continue to happen. Maybe once, when the map flips but then teams need a good reshuffle. Kills are too overvalued. Playing the objective is far too undervalued. That is where the imbalance comes in. Tweak both and fix the matchmaking and this will improve the game for everyone. BF1 did this better.

While I'm at it - retweak some of your recent nerfs. I don't understand why you see a class or hero that is is too strong and reduce it to almost useless... how about a happy medium? Example: Heavy supercharged sentry too powerful? Sure. Cut its duration to a third? Ludicrous. Especially when it is so grinding hard to craft a favorite. This is just common sense. This game has made some serious missteps, it doesn't make a lot of sense aggravating the support it still has with these kind of poorly conceived ideas. How about less impactful changes more often?

The cost of crafting is too high. You will lose a lot of support if you wait another month plus to fix that. And whatever you do to fix progression keep in mind the players that stuck with you before you burn those bridges too. If you do anything that undermines all the hard work these players have put into grinding already you will see a mass exodus of galactic proportions.

Last thought for now... it's great that we will get a cool new mode in February... why would you tell us or even make it for a limited time? Defies logic. If it's good, we would want to keep it. If it's not, why have it all? Fix something else instead. That is like saying here is a new map... or class for a limited time. Just unclear why it would be limited.
    Post edited by Wraith64 on
    Honestly I play this game a lot I am a honest player I have no problem being placed among the best player...I think a lot of people confuse good players as cheaters...play against noob team you can pretty much destroy half of them. Also talking about noob teams that's the issue that pretty much every multiplayer game

I've actually been out here since Nov19th. Noob team I can deal with - but people who have no interest in completing the objectives are worst than noob (Farmers). The progression system is strongly tied to the objectives - and no matter what - I still see tons of people standing at the doorway shooting at another doorway / or 10 snipers trying to kill noobs players that you could throw a rock at. The game is fun when your team (any team) goes for the objectives. 10 people who rush a hacker is 10 winners. And, yes I understand new people get confused - I play other stuff - but dxxxxxxmn.

I do often find a 'rockin team' - destroying the sh$t out of the other side - because they understand the objective.

I think, in your second paragraph, you may have meant "the progression system is NOT strongly tied to the objective..."

If that is the case, I strongly agree. It is far easier and quicker to progress by disregarding the objective and "farming" easy kills then it is to play the objective. Nothing against farming at a key chokepoint to kill two birds with one stone. What happens though is simply ignoring the team objective in favor of a kill count is rewarded and playing the objective is far too underweighted. A combination of both is always better but the current balance is very off. It is particularly bad in Starfighter Assault.
  • Wraith64 wrote: »

I think, in your second paragraph, you may have meant "the progression system is NOT strongly tied to the objective..."

If that is the case, I strongly agree. It is far easier and quicker to progress by disregarding the objective and "farming" easy kills then it is to play the objective.

No Lord Wraith,
    I follow the objectives (jumping in turrets, ion shots to the walkers, planting bombs) - the opposition will naturally try to kill me a thousand times. I don't need to farm for them; I push a button - the whole network will arrive at my location (then use a disruptor or acid / die / come back/ die...). The Noobs need to see this madness - so we can all have a moment to sit back and farm. Or, the Noobs will stand at the doorways in terror with you.

• We're working on a revamped progression system...

few days later micro-transactions are confirmed

Are you retarded ? Do you want to save the game or leave it in darkness ?
  • MalcolmCZ wrote: »
    We're working on a revamped progression system...

The answer is easy.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    We're working on a revamped progression system...

The answer is easy.

At this point it is more like the right answer it easy to guess.

But they will still choose the wrong answer because "it is more profitable."
  • Jesbro
    512 posts Member
    edited February 2
    Best thing EA can do is prove me wrong.

I beg of you please prove me wrong!